Chapter 25

Strange Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Never mind. We can talk about it later. Now, rest.”


 

How long more can the truth be kept hidden? I wasn’t sure about the answer at all. It’s impossible to know. I am not capable of knowing the future.

 

“Sally, how did we get Jesper? Why aren’t we married after all these years? Even the company knows about Jesper. I don’t think the company or my work should be an excuse for this.” Baekhyun asked after he closed the room door behind him. It was already late evening and the room was pretty dark. Baekhyun didn’t turn on the lights. I just woke up and I was sitting at the edge of the bed with my head low. He was watching me somewhere not too far away from the bed, standing, hands in his pockets. I lowered down my head even more from the gawking eagle eyes after I heard his questions.

 

“Answer me,” he demanded. I was already nervously fidgeting my fingers, wringing my hand. Baekhyun walked closer to the bed. He squatted down slowly in front of me and looked at me from the bottom. Flaunting me a mocking smile, he tilted my chin a little upwards, forcing me to raise my head and look at him. Before I tried to look somewhere else, his voice became stern. “Look at me.” I stunned and I didn’t dare to move a bit, only staring into his eyes. “I remember everything.” he said, word by word. “I remember how I got into the accident because of you. I remember I was finally able to feel a little less guilty for this after reconciling with my son and you until you made me realize I was never able to change the fact that I ra-,” he paused. “...hurt you. I remember how you lied to me when you took the pills in the hotel. I remember how I lived like I was better off dead since I met you. I remember all I had for you was guilt. Not love. No wonder I hadn’t felt anything for you at all, even until now. I only thought I was waiting for my memories to come back to remember how to love you. I could only act like a boyfriend.”

 

He looked down on my wringed hands. He slowly took it and separated them. “Why are you so nervous? Because you lied to me? Because you pity me?” He stood up and walked towards the balcony. He stopped at the glass door and turned to look at me. Every word attached with anger and hatred, he said to me, “Do you know I really hate being lied to, especially by someone whom I trusted and dedicated my time to.” Baekhyun, stop. I mumbled very softly, hugging my knees.

 

“Like you.” he added. “I thought you hated me so much that you’d need sedative pills to calm yourself down when you’re with me? What do you want from me? Money? Fame?” Stop, please. Stop. I begged.

 

“Haven’t you thought of this day already? The moment you decided to lie to me?” No. Baekhyun, stop. Just stop saying anything more. Please. Please just stop. I started sobbing and shaking my head, covering my ears.


 

“Sally, wake up. Sally Jia! It’s just a dream. Wake up. Hey, wake up! Everything’s okay. It’s just a dream. Wake up!!” Baekhyun shook me pretty roughly, pulling me up. “God, not again,” he muttered. “Wake up and start breathing please,” he begged. I heard my loud rough breaths as I flung my eyelids opened. My cheeks were still wet. My eyes were still watery from all the crying I did. The room was dark, just like the dream. My immediate reaction was to scream what I had been repeating in the dream, “Stop. No, Baekhyun, I didn’t lie to you. Stop. Stop ta-” I ran out of breath, unable to finish my sentence. Baekhyun pulled me into his arms, hushing me, while I struggled weakly, “Shh, it’s just a dream, baby, it’s just a dream. Calm down, breathe.”

 

He let me go a little, leaning in to tilt my head a little higher as he pursed his lips onto mine, opening my mouth, blowing air into it. The moment he felt my chest rising, he let go of my lips. I could see the worry on his face. I slowly synchronized my breathing with his as I observed his moving chest. After making sure I was breathing properly, he hugged me closely. “I'm sorry I left you alone when you slept. You just had a bad dream. It’s not real.” he said with his very comforting voice. I kept quiet, hugging back, entwining my hands around his waist. I let myself breathe in the scent that belonged to him deeply.


 

“Hyun-ah, are you mad at me?” Remembering what happened in the car before I came home and rested, I asked.

 

Baekhyun pulled me out of his arms to look at me in my eyes. Wiping the cold sweat off my forehead, he smiled, “I was. But not anymore. At least I can't bring myself to be angry anymore.” I frowned a little, “Why?”

 

He smoothed my furrowed brows as he said, “Jason?” a displeased look was on his face. “He’s just a friend…” I explained. “I know. I was just jealous. Don’t mind me.” he said, ruffling my hair. “What was the dream about?”

 

I looked up at him, but I didn’t answer his question. After a minute or two, “Hyun-ah, can you promise me something?” He nodded. “Please don’t ever leave me no matter what. Even if I had done something wrong that makes you really really angry.” I begged. “Silly girl, I won’t. Tell me, what happened?”

 

“What if I lied to you?” I asked.

 

“You did?” he asked me back. “As long as it isn’t about you cheating behind me, I guess it’s fine.” he shrugged casually.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter