Chapter 24

Strange Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I looked over at where he was looking at. The strawberry milk.


 

I watched as he stretched his hand out after staring at the milk for almost half a minute. He moved very slowly, reaching for the milk as he took it.

 

“The milk… Do you like strawberry milk?” he turned around and asked, confusion was painted all over his face.

 

“Yeah… You remembered?”

 

“I don’t know… Something flashed past my mind very quickly the moment I saw it and it felt oddly familiar. Like… like I just know that you like it. But there was something more…” he shook his head, frowning. I assumed he was getting a headache for thinking too hard again as he massaged his third-eye-point.

 

“It’s okay, baby, it’s okay. Don’t hurt yourself trying to think about it. At least this shows that there is a progress with you gaining back your memories, right? I’m so happy for you!” I could hear my heart racing very clearly. I was being such a hypocrite. I knew in my heart that I didn’t want him to remember anything at all despite of what I said. ‘Cause I lied to him about the truth.

 

“You’re right…” he bought it.

 

I took the milk and orange juice out of his hand with a fake smile and walked towards the counter with the rest of the confections we picked previously. I paid for all the snacks quickly before Baekhyun reached the counter behind me.

 

“You paid once, when we first met. It’s my turn now!” I explained. Baekhyun smiled at me without saying anything. He took the plastic bag from the cashier with one hand as he wrapped his slender fingers around mine with his other hand. We sauntered back into the car, enjoying the company of darkness, moon and stars.

 

We passed by the hotel we stayed in 5 years ago since it was just a little further down the same street the grocery store was located. I observed Baekhyun with the corner of my eye as I drove. He looked past that hotel without a second glance. I silently let out a breath of relief.

 

As we got home, we ate the snacks in the living room while watching television. Since Jesper was asleep, we could finally switch the kid’s channel to something else. Considering that Baekhyun couldn't understand English and Chinese well, I switched the tv channel to KBSW. KBSW has always been broadcasting consecutive episodes of old dramas in the midnight and at that moment, it was showing Song Joong Ki’s very old drama, The Innocent Man.

 

Not sure whether it was coincidental, or… Or what else could it be? The scene that was being shown was when Eungi saw herself driving into Maru’s lane, almost regaining her memory. The following episode carried on with her remembering everything about the past, growing distrust towards Maru while he tried all he could to help her.

 

I subconsciously clutched onto Baekhyun’s hand tighter, growing a little paler, considering how similar the scenario would be when Baekhyun gets his memory back. “Sally?” Baekhyun called with a concern look plastered on his face. “Are you okay? You look so pale…”

 

I nodded my head and pretentiously smiled as I immediately lay my head on his shoulder, “I'm okay.. I just feel sad for Eungi and Maru. I think Maru really loved her.” Baekhyun listened quietly, making no comments as he patted my head rhythmically, comforting me.

 

“Do you want to go to sleep? It's pretty late now and you haven't got any rest since you came.” I suggested, solely wishing to turn off the tv and stop watching the drama. I turned around to look at Baekhyun and he nodded with a light smile. I turned off the tv with the remote control on the table and pulled Baekhyun with me into my room.

 

This was the first time where Baekhyun and I would sleep on the same bed. I was… Excited, but shy. See, I don't expect myself, a 25 years old grown up woman who watches and reads romance almost everyday, to not wish for a boyfriend or for someone to hug me to sleep at night. But, will he?

 

I climbed onto the bed after washing my face and brushing my teeth. Covering myself under the blanket, hugging the teddy bear, I closed my eyes. I waited for Baekhyun but before I could even remember, I was drawn into the dreamland.

 

When I woke up by the alarm in the morning, I stretched my hand out only to feel the cold emptiness on the other side of the bed. The blanket on that side was neatly lying flat on the bed as well, untouched. “Baekhyun?” I muttered when I saw a figure standing on the balcony, leaning onto the railing.

 

He turned back, hearing my call. I saw a stoic expression that turned into a faint smile in a split second. It changed so fast I thought I saw wrongly. “Hey…” he said, walking back into the room. He sat down on the bed, brushing my long hair to the back. “Go wash up, lazy bum.”

 

I shook my head as I dropped my head on his shoulder, not wanting to wake up. “You’re gonna be late for work… Do you want me to shower for you?” I heard him suggesting. Drowsily, I nodded my head. At that instant, my body felt light and I was lifted up from the bed. I immediately struck myself awake. I saw the smirk on Baekhyun’s face and before I could even tell him to put me down, “be responsible of your actions.” he said.

 

“.....”

 

“Haven't I seen you before… We have a son.” he said so casually, walking towards the bathroom, as if he was talking about the weather.

 

“......”

 

I re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter