Chapter 6

Strange Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Grandma, mummy and I are leaving now!" As Jesper took his tiny school bag and jogged towards the door, he shouted into the house. My mom kinda just yelled  back saying 'Be careful' and 'See you later'.  

 

[ xxbaek0202 OMG, did you know your son looks like EXO Byun Baek Hyun? ] 
[ 00192672 Piggie is mini Byun! ]
[ serenayeow Is that Baekhyun's baby pic? ] 
[ binsa_park Know EXO Baekhyun? Your son and baekhyun looks the same @.@ ] 

This was the 29847241th time I had seen messages like this. Since little Jesper was born, I had been updating his photos on my instagram profile. There weren't much of my photos, not anymore, at least. I didn't know how but the profile grew to an extend of fame in a pretty short time of one month. I used to have around 700 followers when it was still my profile. Ever since it turned into J_boy, the number has increased to 250k followers. Everyday, I would receive messages from everywhere, telling me how much my boy looks like Baekhyun. 

He is Jesper's father. Of course they look the same. 

Of course I know they looked the same? Was that even not obvious enough? Sighing, I posted another photo of my little piggie after quite awhile of digging from the photo album of the past month. 

[ J_boy Hehe, thank you everyone who sent me all the pictures of comparison! They really look the same!! Haha! Someone please tell him there's a mini version of him here!!  ] 

I uploaded that up in a joking manner without much expectations, of course. I was just teasing the crowd and the fans my boy had gathered. It would seem like a fun thing to do sometimes. When I checked the photo post as I got home from the research lab, I realized that photo had an extraordinary amount of comments with fairly similar contents-- all tagging Baekhyun's instagram ID along with some messages such as "is that your son?", "check this boy out!" and etc. I laughed it off while I scrolled down all the similar comments. There, another bubble popped out on the notification tab. A new comment? Hmm. I thought it had stopped? 

[ baekhyunee_exo mentioned you in a comment: @J_Boy Hi Jesper :) ] 

I squinted my eyes as I read the most recent comment. I reread it 3 more times just to make sure I didn't miss out any words or read anything wrongly. Did Byun Baekhyun just say hi to his son? After 4 years? I didn't know if I should reply or not. I was having an inner fight, contemplating whether or not I should reply to him and finally, I settled with I will just follow him on his instagram as a recognition. 

I was still in the car when I was checking on the comments of the post. Finally satisfied with all the reading, I turned off the car engine and got off the car. As I turned to the backseats to collect my bag, I heard Jesper's cheerful greet from the living room. "Mommyy~~!!!" Plap. The little bang of head against thigh. Again. That boy never learns from the pain. "Ooouchhh!" Jesper wrapped his right hand around my leg and soothing his head using the other hand. This had become a part of the routine, strictly speaking. I let out another sigh before I carried Jesper in one hand and massaged his tiny head for him. Shaking my head in disapprovement, "Jesper Jia, be more careful next time, please? You know it hurts mummy as well when you injure yourself, right?" 

I saw him lowering down his head with a pout. I know that was his cue when he felt guilty. Then, I heard a soft mutter left his mouth as he slipped his hands further down my neck, tightening the hug. “I'm sorry, mommy.” He sounded as if he was going to cry anytime then. I stood at the same spot for a moment, caressing his back softly and I heard my baby muffling his cries. 

“Hush, honey, hush. It's okay, alright? Mommy isn't blaming you or anything, alright? I just want you to remember you have to be more careful next time so you wouldn't hurt yourself when mummy's not around. Don't cry, okay?” I could feel Jesper moving his head to face another direction as he pushed himself up a little from my shoulder. “Mummy, I never want to hurt you.” He looked into my eyes as he spoke. The little determined and strict look on his face was rather adorable but it touched me as if a strand of soft white feather just dropped on the softest spot of my heart. I knew my eyes were welling up with his unexpected words and I his face gently with my thumb, “I wish you could you stay this small forever and never have to grow up…” I whispered under my breath and kissed him on the cheek. “Thank you, piggie.”

I always knew my boy was a strong child having to grow up with a single parent. He had always been my pillar of strength, though. I used to dream of being a successful entrepreneur back then when I was still in coll

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter