He's Warm

Two Hearts

 

When she stepped in and lifted her head, her eyes widened. A man wearing white t-shirt was dancing powerfully and attractively.

“Hoya sshi….”

The man turned his back and was shocked too to see Seohyun in their practice room.

“Annyonghaseyo!” Seohyun bowed 90 degrees, standing in front of the door.

“Oh Seohyun sshi, annyeonghaseyo!” Hoya bowed as well, as he stopped dancing and went to the computer to turn off the music.

“Aniyo, don’t turn it off. Just continue dancing. Don't mind me.” Seohyun said when she felt that Hoya turned off the music to let her feel comfortable.

Hoya smiled as he bowed. He was really shocked to see her that he didn’t even know what to do.

Both of them smiled awkwardly at each other for a few minutes.

Just when Hoya noticed that Seohyun was moving her legs or more like stretching in a manner way, he quickly asked her to sit on the sofa. Seohyun nodded and Hoya sat a bit far from her on the floor.

“You must be cold sitting on the floor. You can sit here next to me.” Seohyun said.

“It’s okay. I’m used to sitting on the floor.” Hoya said. Actually, he was freezing sitting on the floor. But to make Seohyun feel comfortable, he sacrificed his coldness.

“If you don’t mind.. Why are you here?” Hoya asked.

“Oh, I was going to practice with Woohyun for our special stage in SBS Gayo Daejun tonight. Actually, it was during the day, but both of us were busy.” Seohyun explained.

“But Woohyun is not here now.” Hoya said.

“Yeah, he told me to wait for him here. He said that he’ll be here around 11.30pm. So, I guess I’ll be in here until then. I hope you don’t mind that I interrupt your dancing session.” Seohyun smiled.

Hoya smiled bitterly. So, it was true all the long, Hoya thought. He thought that Woohyun was lying at him to make him jealous on purpose. Just then, he thought about an idea which is really good.

“Seohyun sshi, did you had dinner?” Hoya asked. His eyes were shining, hoping that she hadn’t had dinner.

Seohyun made a sad face and shook her head, “ No, I was too busy. I only eat goguma just now and that was in a little amount only.”

“I didn’t have dinner too. Want to go eat dinner with me? I’m buying.” Hoya smiled. He was really hoping that Seohyun would not reject him again.

Seohyun thought about it a few times before answering Hoya. Since Woohyun will be here around midnight, so it won’t be clashing with the practice if I go eat now, Seohyun thought.

She smiled and nodded, “ I’ll eat with you since you’re buying. I cannot lose such chance.”

Hoya smiled and asked Seohyun to wait for a while he went to the back stairs to change his clothes to a thicker one since they will be going out.

 


 

 

It was winter and that night was so cold. Even though a person who is wearing thick jacket and having mafela wrapped around their neck was not enough to cover the coldness.

Seohyun was really shivering since her clothes were a bit thinner than Hoya’s clothes. Her steps were becoming heavier as they walked.

Hoya, who noticed that Seohyun was shivering, quickly took off his mafella around his neck. Then, he gave it to Seohyun.

“No, it’s okay. It’s not that cold.” Seohyun said, refusing the mafella.

“Just wear it. I saw you shivering. Your steps are a bit heavier too. It’s obvious that you’re cold.” Hoya said, insisting that Seohyun should wear the mafella.

“But you’re cold too.” Seohyun said.

“Yah! I’m okay. It’s not that I never wore thinner clothes outside. You know what, there was this once time where I had to wear t-shirts to the store during winter.” Hoya said, convincing Seohyun with his own eyes.

Seohyun laughed.

“It was all because of that stupid game we had that day. You know the toy that put in swords in it, right? I was so unlucky that day. When it was my turn put the sword in it, that horrible thing popped out. “ Hoya said, telling her every single thing.

Hoya looked at his mafela in Seohyun’s hands. She was just holding it. She didn’t even put it on.

Should I, Hoya thought.

He quickly took the mafela from Seohyun’s hands and stood right in front of her with the mafela in his hands. Then, he put the mafela around Seohyun’s neck.

“Kwaenchanayo…. I can....” Seohyun said, trying to remove the mafela.

“Stay still. You won’t put it on unless I put it on myself.” Hoya cut her, adjusting the mafela around her neck, so that her neck is covered and won’t shiver anymore.

Seohyun blushed when Hoya went closer towards her to adjust the mafela around her neck. The weather was so cold with the winds blowing strong, but Seohyun’s face went red that she can’t even look at Hoya. She kept on looking at the ground.

“That’s good now. I think you’ll feel warmer after this.” Hoya smiled as he walked next to her.

Seohyun smiled shyly. She held onto the mafela around her neck. She was supposed to feel cold due to the wind blowing strong, but instead she felt warmer with Hoya’s mafela around her neck. She could felt his warmth and scent. 

Strange, I'm liking his warmth, she thought.



 

 

Restaurant

The two of them went to a restaurant that sells samgyupsal, kimchi jigae and dwaenjang jigae. They both sat at a table which is a bit at the corner of the restaurant and a bit far from other tables. They chose the table on purpose to avoid the publics. Fortunately, the owner of the shop was cooperative with them, not revealing their presence to the publics.

“Can you give us samgyupsal?” Seohyun asked with puppy eyes.

Hoya looked at her with are-you-really-going-to-eat-that look on his face.

The owner shop nodded and left.

“Are you really going to eat that?” Hoya asked.

“What? Samgyupsal? Neh. But why? You don’t like to eat samgyupsal?” Seohyun asked, worrying that she might have made a decision on the food on her own, without asking what Hoya wants to eat.

“Of course I eat that, but are you really going to eat that? I mean can girl groups even eat that? Don’t you even afraid of gaining weight?” Hoya said.

“Omo! You’re really good in exaggerating things, huh?” Seohyun laughed.

“Of course we eat that. Well, SNSD eats that. It is really good and delicious. We have to eat delicious things because we need energy to dance, sing and travel around.” She added.

Hoya smiled. So, she’s quite different from other girl groups that I know, he thought.

Just then, the waiter showed up in front of them with the samgyupsal that they ordered earlier. Both of them were so excited since they have not eaten dinner.

Seohyun quickly took out two pairs of chopsticks, two spoons and two forks for Hoya and her.

“Let’s eat!” Seohyun squealed as she quicly nlowed the soup and had a sip of it.

Hoya, who was staring at Seohyun that mesmerized by the samgyupsal, slightly smiled. I never knew a girl can be this cute while eating, he thought.

After they finished eating the samgyupsal, they rested for a while to let the food goes down to their stomach. They were so full that they couldn’t even walk properly, so they rested for a while.

Just then, Hoya felt the urge to go to the washroom. He rushed to the washroom which is outside the restaurant. Well, it is not that far from the restaurant, it is only beside it. The owner of the shop put it out there so that everyone can use it.

Seohyun, who was sitting leisurely in the restaurant, took out her phone. The time shows 11.00pm. another 30 minutes more to wait, she thought.

She tried to give a call to Woohyun, but his phone was still turned off.

 


 

 

Hoya, who finished his business in the washroom, quickly stepped out because there was a few people queuing outside.

Just when he straightened out his shirts, he heard someone calling his name. Somehow it feels like a flock of girls calling his name.

“HOYA OPPA!!!”

“Omo! It’s Hoya oppa!”

“What is he doing here?”

Hoya turned around and saw a flock of high school girls screaming his name with quite a far distance from him. His eyes widened. He was scared not because of him coming to this restaurant to eat, but he was scared because he came here with SNSD Seohyun. He was worried that the fans might ambush her some other time if they found out that the two of them were there.

He tried to think of various ways to escape from the fans. The only way to escape that crossed his head was running away from the fans with Seohyun.

He rushed to the restaurant and dragged Seohyun out without explaining the situation to her.

The owner of the shop was looking at them with a confused face.

“Sajangnim! Mianhaeyo! There are fans out there now. We have to leave right away. I’ll come again later after I sent her home. I’ll be right back to pay you.” Hoya managed to say that to the owner of the shop before leaving with Seohyun. The owner of the shop was a bit hesitated at first, but he decided to believe them because they were celebrities.

Seohyun , who heard the word ‘fans’ became scared.

I thought not many people come to this restaurant late at night, she thought.

When they were outside the restaurant, they could still hear the fans calling Hoya’s name. Luckily, they can’t seem to recognized Seohyun, who had her head covered by her jacket’s hoodies.

“Hoya oppa!”

“Mwoya! Why is he with a girl!”

They kept on running, but the fans were so determined in running after Hoya. They became more determined when they saw Hoya holding a girl’s hand while running away.

After running for 10 minutes, Hoya suddenly stopped and looked around to see if there’s any hiding places that they can use to hide from the fans.

Just when he turned to his right, he saw a dark alley. He knew that he shouldn’t go there since dark alley usually has dangerous people in there. But it is not time for him to worry such things because this involves Seohyun’s safety and image.

He quickly dragged her to the dark alley. Hoya was embracing Seohyun from the front to avoid her from being seen by the fans. Seohyun was really shocked with all the actions that Hoya had done to her. First of all, he dragged her out from the restaurant as he hold her wrist. Second, he hugged her from the front. Now, his face is only a few inches from her. For some reason, she could feel her heart beating so fast that it could come out any second.

Just when they managed to hide in the dark alley, they saw the fans running around looking for them.

“Aish! Did you see the girl beside him?”

“We lost track of them!”

Hoya let out deep breath. That’s when his eyes finally met her eyes. That was also when he realizes that he was a few inches from her and that he was hugging her from the front.

“Sorry.” Hoya said as he let go of her, looking down.

Seohyun smiled shyly. Her face turned red.

“Did they left?” Seohyun managed to ask, despite her feeling shy.

“I… I think so….” Hoya replied as he looked out at the road.

They thought that the fans had already left, so they decided to step out to the road.

Just when they took on stepped from where they stood before, they saw the fans running around again.

“I know they’re around here!”

Seohyun, who was startled by the fans, hugged Hoya without her knowing. Her arms were around Hoya’s waist, while her head resting at Hoya’s chest. She really didn’t know that she was behaving that way, because she was too scared by the determined will of the fans. She was so afraid that scandals might appear in the tabloid again.

“It’s okay.” Hoya said, looking shocked with Seohyun’s action, but still managed to stay calm. He comforted her by saying nice words and patted her head slightly. He knew that she was scared that scandals about the two of the might appear on the tabloid since she was one of the neat, clean and innocent idol that has never involved in any scandals.

she's quite cute being scared, he thought.

They were in that position for around 10 minutes.

“I think everything is okay now.” Hoya said.

Seohyun quickly let go of Hoya as she apologized for her actions. They then went out to the road when they were positive that the fans had gone away.

Aish, babo Seohyun ah... Why did you hugged him!, she thought.

He must've think you're some kind of weird person, she thought.

The two of them got awkward as they walked next to each other after the incident just now.

“I’m sorry that I had to dragged you out from the restaurant. I just can’t think of any way to escape.” Hoya apologized.

“It’s okay. It was fun though. It had been so long since I had run that hard.” Seohyun laughed.

“Oh I thought that you were going to get mad at me.” Hoya said.

“Why would I get mad at you for little things?” Seohyun laughed again.

Although she was scared of the fans , but she actually felt fun and interesting running around. Just then her phone rang. It was Woohyun.

“Seohyun ah, where are you? I thought you said that you were here already.” Woohyun said, sounding worried.

Seohyun looked at the time on her phone. It was past 12am.

“You’re there?” Seohyun asked.

“Of course. I was so worried that you might be waiting here alone. So, I rushed back. I just arrived though. Where are you?”

“I went to eat with Hoya.” She replied, looking at Hoya.

“What? You’re with Hoya now?! Why?” He sounded a bit jealous.

“He was in the practice room earlier. So, he brought me dinner. We just finished eating though. We’ll be heading back now. We’ll be there soon.” She said as she hung up.

“Is he mad?” Hoya asked, worried that Woohyun might get mad at her for not telling him that she went to eat with him.

Seohyun smiled and shook her head, signaling that he wasn’t mad. Hoya took a deep breathe of relief.

When they finally arrived in front of the practice room, Seohyun took off the mafela that was around her neck  and returned it back to Hoya. Seohyun told hoya to go in with her, but he refused, saying that he will be heading straight home by a taxi.

“It’s okay. You can keep it. You can give it back any time you want. I’m not that cold now.” Hoya smiled. He took the mafela from her hand and put it back around her neck. Seohyun blushed.

“I guess we have to bid goodbye to each other now.” Hoya slightly smiled. His face showed a bit of a sad expression because he didn’t want to say goodbye to her yet.

Seohyun slowly nodded, not knowing what to say. She felt a bit sad too that they couldn’t spend more time with each other. She was getting comfortable with him, just like how she is with Woohyun.

“Take care. Bye! Hope we can meet again soon!” Hoya waved as he stopped a taxi and get in.

Seohyun waved back too, but she was feeling sad in her heart.