Chapter 23

Why Does Love Hurt So Much?
No One's POV

Dara and Chaerin's relationship seemed to be drifting apart.They rarely see each other.Chaerin would always spy on her.One day,Chaerin decided to talk face-to-face with Dara.

"Dara,"Chaerin said as Dara walked past her.She grabbed her hand.Dara was shocked at the sudden action.She wanted to release from Chaerin's grip but the latter was strong.

Dara gave up."What do you want?"she asked coldly.Chaerin sighed."Why didn't you bother to look for me?"Chaerin asked,loosening her grip on Dara.

Dara didn't know how to reply the question."I just want to say this Dara,"Chaerin put one of Dara's hand on her heart."This heart beats for one and only you.You only have one week left to choose before I leave to go to the States.If you choose me,I'll stay.Keep that in mind Santokki,"Chaerin said.

Dara hugged Chaerin.Chaerin hugged back."Remember,a week,"Chaerin said.

Yuri's POV

"The fun starts now,"I said.I was spying on Chaerin and Dara."Are you sure it's going to work unnie?"Seohyun asked.

"Of course,"I replied.

-----------------------------------

Chaerin met me at the park after school."So how did it go?"I asked.

Chaerin was playing with her fingers.I could sense that she was nervous."Calm down,"I said to her.She nodded and sighed.There was a minute of awkward silence until SooTae spotted us.They ran towards us,panting."What happened?"I asked.

"Siwon's chasing us,"Sooyoung said.Chaerin and I saw a guy running towards us."I'll handle this,"Chaerin said.Siwon wanted to push Chaerin away but Chaerin caught him and pinned him to the ground."No so tough now aren't you?"Chaerin said.

"How did she get so strong?"Taeyeon asked me.I shrugged.Has she been this strong all the while?She never did show us her strength.

Siwon managed to escape from Chaerin.He took out a knife from his pocket.He accidentally cut his own hand while trying to reach for it.From the corner of Chaerin's eye,her eyes were starting to change colour.She was also holding back something.

"Fcuk,"Siwon said.Chaerin pinned him to the ground again.She was looking at Siwon's bleeding hand.Red eyes and super strength?Could she be a?No way.I must be imagining,I thought.

Chaerin started to his bleeding hand.Taeyeon looked scared but Sooyoung was looking like it was a movie.Chaerin bit his wrist.Siwon bit his lower lip.He was sweating.

Chaerin,realizing what she was doing,let go of Siwon and ran away.I grabbed Siwon's collar."Don't tell anyone about this,"I said to him.He nodded and ran away.

"Let's search for her,"Sooyoung said.Taeyeon and I nodded.I went alone while Sooyoung and Taeyeon were together.

She was nowhere to be found.Then,I had an idea.I called Dara."Where are you?"I asked without greeting her.

"I'm still in school,"she replied.I grinned and hung up.Hope you're still there,Chaerin,I thought to myself.

Dara's POV

I kept my phone.I sensed that someone was watching me.I was waiting for Taeyang.What's taking him so long?I thought.

"There you are!"I heard someone shouted.I looked out of the window.It was Yuri.She was shouting at Chaerin.I decided to eavesdrop on them.I took out a book and covered my face.

"You drank blood.How could You act like nothing had happened?"Yuri asked Chaerin.My eyes were wide open.

"It's normal for me.I haven't drink blood since laat year.Of course I can't resist it,"Chaerin said.

"What will Dara think about you?"Yuri asked.

"Let her say it herself,"Chaerin said.She got down from the tree and walked towards me.She sat on the table."Speak up,"she said.

I put the book down."As long as you are the Chaerin I still know,I don't mind,"I said,smiling.She sighed."Where is your guy?"Chaerin asked.

"I don't know.I've been waiting for almost half an hour,"I said,frowning.

"I'll wait with you,"Chaerin said.Yuri said goodbye to us and left.