Dinner

Paranormal Boy

Chapter 8

“Thank you for coming tonight, I was afraid when I rang it might have been too short of a notice” Junmyeon said as he pulled out Jinhye’s chair for her, just like a gentleman.

“No problem, I’m happy you called, I was starting to get a bit hungry anyway” she said as she sat down and placed her handbag to the side of the table. Junmyeon also took his seat on the opposite side and pulled the menu up.

“So what would you like to order tonight? I’m thinking I might go with the Chicken schnitzel with smashed avocado, bacon and hollandaise sauce” he said as he skimmed through the menu.

“Yum, I might have that as well” she said as she placed down the menu and looked up at Junmyeon.

“Hello, may I take your orders” the waiter said as he came up to the table with a pen and notepad in his hands ready to write down the order.

“Ah yes can we please get 2 Chicken Schnitzels with the avocado, bacon and hollandaise sauce?” Junmyeon said.

“Certainly Sir” The waiters said as he wrote it down.

“Any drinks?” he continued. Junmyeon looked over at Jinhye with eyes asking what she wanted to drink.

“Oh I will just have some lemonade thank you” she replied.

“And I will have coke please”

“Okay, your orders should take 20 minutes max” the waiter said as he started to walk back to the kitchen. Junmyeon smiled and bowed his head towards the waiter and then turned back to face Jinhye.

“So Jinhye, what did you do today after I left you?” he asked curiously.

“Oh I went to visit Jongin and he taught me how to dance. It was really cool since I had no clue he knew how to dance. So yeah we spent the day dancing”. Junmyeon listened and wanted to frown but he couldn’t otherwise she would see it. He knew Jongin was a friend of hers but he couldn’t help but think he was a rival as well.

“Ah is that so? A dancing physicist, he must be the first of his kind then” Junmyeon tried to joke.

“Yeah, so what have you been doing? Do you have a girlfriend yet?” she asked bluntly causing Junmyeon to choke on the water he had been drinking. Jinhye chuckled a bit amused that he got so flustered by the question.

“Uh-um no girlfriend, I actually haven’t had a girlfriend before” he confessed.

“You what! That’s impossible, how on earth has no girl tried to get with you? You are the definition of a dream guy” she exclaimed as if she was insulted herself. Junmyeon blushed at her words, he knew his looks changed a bit but he didn’t know it could affect her that much.

“Yeah, well I don’t mind really…I’ve actually had one girl in my heart so it’s kind of pointless to date when you already have someone you want” he revealed.

“Omo! You like someone? Who is it? Maybe I know her”

“Oh you might know her she went to our school, actually she was in our physics class”

“What! You had a crush on someone back then and you never told me?”

“Well it’s kind of embarrassing to talk about, and besides it’s not like I had any chance with her back then so I just chose to watch her”

“Nawh Junmyeon, don’t say that. I’m 95% sure that if you were to find her and confess your feelings right now, she would accept you in a heartbeat” she said as if it were a real fact. Junmyeon smiled sadly and nodded his head. She dosen’t know it’s her.

“You think so?” he said faking a face full of hope.

“I know so!” she replied with a giant smile on her face.

“Well I might have to follow your advice later on won’t I?”

“Yes! And if she doesn’t accept you, that girl would have lost someone perfect” she concluded. Jonmyeon was about to say something but he was cut off with waiter serving their orders.

“Here were are, 2 Schnitzels with a lemonade for Mam and a coke for sir” he said as he placed them on the table.

“Thank you” both Junmyeon and Jinhye said at the same time causing time both to look at each other and smile form the coincidence.

////

After the dinner, Junmyeon offered to drive Jinhye home when he found out that she only uses public transportation and walking to get around town.

“Wow, you are a millionaire and you don’t have a car?” he asked teasingly.

“Yah, it’s not that I can’t buy a car, I just don’t want to use one when there’s perfectly good transportation all around me” She explained.

“So what would you want to spend your millions on if you don’t care much for materialistic things?”

“I don’t know, I want to save it the most I can so I can spend it on my own children when that day comes. I won’t spoil them of course but it would be nice to see the bright smiles on their faces when their mother cares for them, if my teenage daughter wants to go to Paris, I will take her to Paris with first class. I don’t want my children to end up like me I suppose” she explained as if she had thought about this before. Junmyeon nodded astounded that she had thought that far ahead in her life.

“And what about the husband or father, does he get anything from you?” Junmyeon asked, he so desperately wanted to be in that position. It actually didn’t even matter if she gave him nothing from her riches, he only wanted her love.

“Ahh, I didn’t think about him. I guess I will have to find him first but I guess if he is loving husband, I will be a loving wife right back. And I will reward him every now and again to remind him how much I love him...ahh it’s kind of weird talking about this aha, I’m only 21, I’m too young to think about these things” she said as she flushed.  Meanwhile Junmyeon was completely dazed, imagining himself as her husband.

“No, It’s great that you think that way, it means you’re really mature for your age” he said and then were left with a comfortable silence. Junmyeon was happy because he had a chance. If he could show her how much he loved her, maybe their story would end just like she imagined it.

Jinhye however was conflicted, the whole time she was talking about her future with her husband, she pictured Jongin in the position. She knew that she was delusional but that’s the only way that she and Jongin could be together, in her dreams. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I kind of think this chapter is like a filler, nothing much happened but I'm trying to develop Suho's character haha.