Things you do for love

Paranormal Boy

Chapter 23

“You’re not sorry” Junmyeon uttered as he cleared his eyes of the wetness and spitefully pushed Jinhye’s bag into Jongin’s arms.

“Why should you be sorry? You’ve hated me from the beginning right? Why would you feel sorry for your enemy?” Junmyeon spat coldly earning a look of concern from Jongin. It was true, Jongin had disliked Junmyeon but that didn’t mean he couldn’t feel empathy for him.

“Listen, I can’t imagine the pain and feelings that you’re going through right now but trust me and believe me when I tell you I’m sorry…You’re a good man Junmyeon and I know I may have acted rather immature all this while, but please know it wasn’t you I hated, it was the thought of you being in my position right now and I being in yours. I was scared of the heartbreak your experiencing; I was scared that I would be the one crying” Jongin narrated as he looked down unable to look Junmyeon in the eyes.

“You son of a , you can’t just play the good guy now. I’ve spent countless amount of times trying to bond with you, trying to see good in you, but you upright acted like a child who was getting his favourite candy stolen. How am I supposed to live with the fact that a guy like you has stolen any chances of me ever being with my first love!?” Junmyeon yelled in frustration.

“I realise that now! I’m sorry for my actions, I truly am. But the one thing I am not sorry for is falling for Jinhye. It’s unfortunate that we love the same girl but you have to remember, I didn’t take her from you, she chose me, she has feelings for me, this outcome is something that we both have no control over since it was her choice, from her heart” Jongin reasoned earning a bewildered look from Junmyeon. A few seconds pass and Junmyeon just stares into Jongin’s eyes as almost if he was studying him. With a deep breath Junmyeon then breaks the gaze and droops his head down, shoulders deflating along with it. He was broken, his heart had been shattered and whats more is that Jongin outwitted him. He’s right…Jinnie chose him over me, it’s not his fault I’m feeling like this.

Junmyeon chuckled at his less than perfect reality, somehow he always knew this was going to happen but he always talked himself out of it. It was pretty obvious Jinhye was more drawn to Jongin but he didn’t want to believe it. Now his ignorance has made him hurt. I’m so stupid.

“Fine…” Junmyeon started. “Congratulations on getting the girl, you won fair and square” he mumbled so softly that Jongin almost didn’t hear him. Jongin was about to respond but something cut him off or should he say someone.

“W-what are you guys talking about?” comes Jinhye’s voice from across the room startling the two males. How long has she been there!? They both cursed in their minds.

“Jinnie…why are you here, I thought you were going to go back to sleep” Jongin responds as he walks towards her.  Her eyes follow his movements but it was only for a second before her eyes looked back to Junmyeon who had his back facing them both.

“Junmyeon…is it true?” she asks. In that moment the two knew that she did hear the conversation, she does know about Junmyeon’s feelings.

“Yes it’s true” he sighs as he breathes abnormally from all the nerves that are shooting through him at that very moment.

“Why didn’t you tell me!? Why did you suffer for so long?” Jinhye asks, concerned for the man she’s labelled as a best friend.

“Well, it doesn’t matter now, what’s done is done” he continues. “You two lovebirds are together, I can’t say I’m happy for you two but I hope you are happy Jinhye, I hope he treats you well. Please just forget this ever happened…Better yet please forget about me. I can’t face you two at the moment” Junmyeon weakly announces and runs for the door. It’s too hot, too stuffy. I need out, I need air. I’m suffocating.

“Junmyeon wait!” Jinhye and Jongin both scream as they run after him who had made it to the driveway. Knowing Junmyeon would not stop, Jongin takes it upon himself to run after him. Leaving a very confused and shocked Jinhye at the front door.

He was only a few metres behind.

“Junmyeon! Stop, please talk to us!” Jongin called but the other male did not respond to his call and kept running. Run.. I have to run. Run away from him, run away from her, run away from everything. Junmyeon was too busy in his thoughts to recognise Jongin’s desperate cries from behind him.

“Junmyeon!! Watch where you’re going!” he screamed as he saw that Junmyeon was approaching a crosswalk on the road where he didn’t look for traffic and continued across.

 “Junmyeon stop!! There’s a car!” Jongin desperately yelled but Junmyeon still didn’t listen. The car was coming closer, there was no way the breaks were going to be able to stop in time.

In one final sprint, Jongin tries to catch up to Junmyeon.

The beeping of a car was what Junmyeon heard before he relaised he was now a deer stuck in the headlights. I can’t move, I’m going to die. He closed his eyes and waited for the impact.

“JUNMYEON!” was the last thing heard before a loud crashing sound resonated through the air.

Back at the house, Jinhye heard the commotion and panicked, without putting shoes on, she runs towards the sound. Please God let Junmyeon be alright. She was praying the whole way but none of her prayers could prepare her for what she saw.

A car banged up car. Junmyeon kneeling on the ground. Blood everywhere.

However it was not Junmyeon’s blood. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

HEYYYYY YALL
I'm done with my exams and am now on holidays THANK GOD. 
I can now continue writing!! 
This chapter took a turn im sorry!! Kai and Jinhe can't be together that easily. And im sorry its so short as well but I figured this update is better than no update


Im pretty sure you all know who is hurt. IM SORRY, plse don't be sad

HERES SOME MONSTER KAI TO MAKE YOU FEEL BETTER (:

< KAI x Piercings is my new OTP