Games

Paranormal Boy

Chapter 13

Jinhye had just been informed that tomorrow was D-day, well early morning tomorrow which is a couple of hours from now. Junmyeon and Jongin both agreed that it would be best to start the process in the middle of the night when people were sleeping.

“Are you sure it will work?” she asked Jongin who was sitting across from her.

“I’m not a hundred percent but I have belief that our hypothesis and calculations are correct” he explained with a small smile on his face. Truthfully ever since they had finished, Jongin couldn’t believe he was one step closer to being normal again.

“Okay guy’s now that we’ve finished I think we deserve to celebrate!” Junmyeon exclaimed.

“But shouldn’t we celebrate after? What’s the use is celebrating only to find it never worked out?” Jinhye asked. She knew she was being a downer but she didn’t want to keep her hopes up.

“Someone’s being a bit pessimistic are they?” Jongin stated with a hint of sarcasm.

“Yeah Jinhye, you should lighten up! How about we play a game? There’s 4 hours till midnight, we need to burn the time up somehow”

“What kind of game?” she asked curiously. She’s never really played games before so when the offer came, she had to admit she was intrigued.

“Well…Since Jongin here is intangible, we don’t have a lot of options” Junmyeon said as he racked his brain for a game they could play.

“Jongin, do you have any ideas?” Junmyeon asked.

“Not really, we only ever played board games or card games back in the day, I also wasn’t really into leisure time as I was studying all the time” he explained.

“Wow, you had no social life” Jinhye uttered causing Jongin to bow his head down in embarrassment.

“Ahh! I’ve got it! We could play never have I ever!” Junmyeon exclaimed as he clapped his hands together.

“How do you play that?” Jinhye asks. Junmyeon just looked at her dumbfounded. He knew she was introverted but he didn’t know she was so cut off from the outside world that she didn’t know what the game was.

“Ah well, it’s sort of like a game of truth. Everyone holds ten fingers up and each person takes turns stating something they’ve never done before. For example, ‘never have I ever won the lottery’... with this Jongin and I would keep our ten fingers up but since you have, you will put one finger down. The game continues until 1 person runs out of fingers to put down, therefore making them the loser” Junmyeon explained showing his fingers.

“It sounds like a game teenage girls would play at their sleepover parties” Jinhye responded curtly, causing Jongin to snicker at Junmyeon’s lame game.

“Well, I would love to play strip poker but as we have very limited resources right now, this is the best I could come up with” Junmyeon said irritated as he crossed his arms.

S-strip Poker? Jinhye thought as she looked up in front of her only to find Jongin blatantly staring right back at her. His burning gaze instantly made her think of Jongin shirtless and Oh My God Jinhye! Don’t plague your mind with dirty thoughts!

She instantly cowered her head to hide her blushing cheeks while she yelled at the sulking Junmyeon to start the damn game.

“Okay sheesh, no need to be all moody. Alright, Never have I ever...skipped school” Junmyeon stared at JInhye with a giant smile on his face. Damn him

“Hey you can’t target on me! That’s not fair!” she complained while she put her finger down. Jongin just watched the situation amusedly, and of course he didn’t put a finger down. His father would have hanged him if he ever skipped school.

“To bad baby girl, it’s a game of luck and betrayal” Junmyeon teased, while Jinhye replied with a sneer.

“Okay, your turn Jinnie”

“Never have I ever had a crush on a girl in my Physics class” Jinhye fired back, knowing Junmyeon would have no choice to put his fingers down.

“Yah! How could you stoop so low!” Junmyeon complained.

“To bad baby boy, it’s a game of luck and betrayal” she sarcastically responds.

Once again Jongin sat there in silence with his ten fingers still up watching the interaction between the two.

“Moving on! Jongin your turn!” Jinhye said while looking over to him with a bright smile that took his breath away.

“U-uh Yeah umm, never have I ever...” What haven’t I done in life? I honestly can’t remember it’s been too long.

Never have I ever had McDonalds?” he asked with uncertainty, that was all he could come up with.

“Damn” Jinhye whispered as she lowered another finger. Junmyeon suffered the same fate as well.

“Alright my turn again, Jongin this one’s for you…Never have I ever had a girlfriend!” Junmyeon exclaimed smugly. He didn’t know too much about Jongin, but what he did know was that he is one extremely handsome guy and there was honestly something wrong with the women back in the 60’s if he didn’t have a girlfriend at one point.

Junmyeon waited for Jongin to put a finger down but he never did. Why isn’t he putting his finger down!!? He thought.

“Was that supposed to be your trump card?” Jongin questioned and Junmyeon nodded his head in defeat.

“How is that even possible? You should have had girls bowing to your feet!” Junmyeon yelled.

“I never had time for leisure, it was work, work, work for me” he softly explained.

Jinhye this whole time had her heart beating faster than the normal rate. He’s never even liked anyone?

“Never have I ever had a love interest” Jinhye spoke making both the boys look at her with widened eyes. Jinhye was so curious to know the answer from Jongin that she failed to realise that she forgot about the rules of the game.

Jongin stared deeply into her eyes, She’s never loved anyone before? Not even Junmyeon? Do I even have a chance?  Jongin’s brain was a mess as he sighed and lowered a finger. I love you Jinnie, why don’t you love me?

Junmyeon had the exact same reaction he lowered another finger, he thought Jinhye had some kind of affection for Jongin, was he wrong?

Meanwhile Jinhye’s heart went into overdrive, as soon as she saw Jongins finger go down. There was someone in his heart already?

“Jinnie…You’ve never loved anyone? Like not even a crush?” Junmyeon spoke and broke her out of her train of thought.

“Huh?” she replied wanting to hear the question again.

“Love…Have you not loved anyone?” Jongin spoke in need of an answer.

“Oh yeah, well of course I have” she shyly said. Unsure why they brought the question up.

“WHAT!?” Both Junmyeon and Jongin screamed together, scaring Jinhye.

“What’s wrong? Why are you screaming?” she asked totally unaware of the emotional roller-coaster she put both boys through.

“You said and I quote ‘never have I ever had a love interest’” Junmyeon explained clearing her confusion.

“Oh, I did?” she said and quickly everted her gaze to Jongin. I’m so stupid.

“This game really ! It’s not doing anything but causing problems!” Jongin said as he stood up and walked away from the pair.

“Jongin where are you going?” she called out, surprised by his outburst.

“I’m finalising everything, so I’m 110% sure I will be outta here!” he said but never turned back to look at her,

“Junmyeon did I do anything wrong?” she questioned, concerned about Jongin.

“Uhh no not really, you just messed with the rules a little bit” You messed with our hearts Jinnie-ah.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Oh my gosh! Sorry for such a late update, Uni has been out my lifeee. 
I hope you liked the chapter, its kinda a filler but yeah, the next chapters will be the start of the drama. 

Oh and guys! 

THIS I WHAT I NEEDED

TO SEE HIM SMILE 

I can breathe easy now