Heart Attack

Paranormal Boy

Chapter 15

 *Beep* *Beep*

The sound of the monitor was the only thing Jongin could hear. Where was he? What happened?  His mind was awake but his eyes were closed and he couldn’t move, it was almost if he was in a sleep paralysis.

“Suho?” he heard the light whisper of a women’s voice speak. Jinnie! It’s Jinnie! Am I finally human again?

“Yeah?” Junmyeon responds back.

“Jongin will be okay won’t he?” she quietly asked. Jongin was deeply concerned, he could feel the hint of worry laced in her words and he desperately wanted to bring her into his arms and wash all her worries away.

“Of course he will babe” Junmyeon responded. WAIT What?? BABE? Who does he think he is calling her babe!

“Suho, I never said it before but thankyou…thank you for coming into my life again. Thank you for helping Jongin and thank you for loving me” Jinhye confessed as she kissed Junmyeon on the cheek.

“Don’t mention Jinnie-ah, I love you and I will do anything to make you happy” Junmyeon responded as he dove himself against her lips.

Jongin heard everything, even the sound of her lips against Junmyeon’s. What the actual ! Love? They’re together now? How long have they been together? Have they been secretly dating behind my back? Was I some kind of fool for duelling with Junmyeon when he had in fact held her heart this entire time?

Jongin was absolutely beside himself, he felt like his heart was shattered. The only girl he had ever loved did not love him back. She was happy with someone else and that tore him to pieces.

Why am I even alive right now? Jinnie was my soul reason for wanting to continue living!

The agitation and the heightened emotion coursing through Jongin was enough to break the ties of the sleep paralysis. His eyes fluttered open but he could not see, everything was still so blurry and the light reflecting in his eyes was so bright. As soon as his sight became focused he witnessed something he had never wanted to see. It was bad enough just hearing the two love birds but now he was witnessing them in action, hand on hand, chest to chest lips on lips. Jongin didn’t realise but a pool of tears welled up in his eyes, the heartbreak was unimaginable. Junmyeon had won her, he had lost.

Not wanting to see any more of this affectionate display, he decided to cough and gain their attention.

“Omo! Jongin!” Jinhye exclaimed as she broke away from Junmyeon and rushed to his bedside.

“Are you okay? Do you need a doctor or something?” she questioned as she leaned over and looked into his eyes.

“Wa-water” he managed to speak. Having been in a slight coma for few days, dried up his throat tremendously.

“Of course!” Jinhye said and quickly raced to fill a cup that was on the bedside table with a jug of water that was next to it.

“Here… did you want to sit up?” she asked before she gave him the cup and Jongin weakly nodded. Using the remote for the bed she pressed the button and the bed moved up so Jongin was now seated upright.

“Drink up” she soothed and placed the rim of the cup against his lips. As soon as the water touched the back of his throat, he felt like he had tasted heaven. Even though water was probably the blandest thing on this entire planet, it was still the taste of something he hadn’t had in 70 years.

“Thanks” Jongin said as he finished the drink and gave the cup back to her. He honestly didn’t know what to say at this point. He originally wanted to celebrate but that took a turn as soon as he ended up in hospital.

“Uhh, how long was I out? A couple of days?” Jongin asked wanting to start up a comfortable conversation.

“Try a couple of weeks” Junmyeon said, earning a look of surprise from Jongin.

“Really? Ahh I had no clue I would even blackout in the first place”

“But still! I’m glad your back with us. And you’re not a ghost anymore! Look!” Jinhye shouted as she picked up Jongin’s hand and held it within hers. It was an action that made his heart race, he’s waited forever to touch her.

“You’re completely tangible now” she spoke and is subconsciously put a smile on his face. He’s waited 70 years to feel the warmth of someone else.

“I guess I am… ahh so…what have you guys been up to?”

“Ah well, Jongin we have something we want to reveal to you” Jinhye nervously revealed.

“Is that so? What is it?” Jongin asked curiously even though he low key knew what they were going to say.

“Um well…ahh Junmyeon and I ahh- “

“Jinhye is my girlfriend now, we got together a couple of days ago” Junmyeon spoke up, easing Jinhye from awkwardly trying to explain the situation to Jongin.

Jongin looked down and closed his eyes to prevent the stinging of tears. He didn’t want to cry, well…not in front of them anyway.

“Ahh that’s great! I’m happy for you two, you really match each other” Jongin faked a happy tone and he looked back up and pulled a fake smile.

“I know it’s so unexpected, I mean I didn’t even know Junmyeon had feelings for me! So when he confessed I was shocked haha” Jinhye revealed smiling happily and starting lovingly at Junmyeon.

Jongin’s heart clenched again, everything was just too much. He thought the pain would go away but it didn’t. It just got more painful and he didn’t know how to react, it wasn’t a pain brought on by heart break but… a heart attack.

“Ahhhh!” Jongin screamed and placed his hand on his heart, the aching was getting unbearable.

“Jongin! Oh! Junmyeon quickly get the doctor!” Jinhye screamed as she went closer to Jongin and held his face.

“Jongin are you okay? What’s happening?” she asked desperately.

“I- I don’t know…I think AHHH Heart attack ahh!!” Jongin yelled out in agony before he passed out.

 

 

Jongin was once again surrounded by darkness and it was so suffocating he could barely breathe. He needed air and he needed now. Everywhere he turned there was pitch blackness, but there was one thing out of the norm. A speck of light, the light was so warm and inviting that he boldly made the choice to run up to it. As he got closer the light got bigger and warmer. It chased the darkness with its shine until he was engulfed into the light that was too bright for his eyes. Then in a flash he opened his eyes and gasped.

There he was, sitting on a hospital bed.

“Jongin!” A voice called and he was immediately engulfed in a warm hug. What the hell is going on?

The person who hugged him pulled back and he was surprised to see Jinhye there, staring at him with eyes full of wet tears.

“Oh my God Jongin! I was so worried, I thought you would never wake up! Never leave me again!”

Jongin was so confused, he was just awake about a minute ago.

“What happened” He spoke out.

“What do you mean what happened? You assed out after being in the time vortex thing or whatever you call it and then when we found you, you were barely breathing and I was scared you were going to die!”

I never woke up? Was I dreaming that whole thing? Jinhye and Junmyeon aren’t together?

“Yah! Don’t space out! Are you okay? Do you need a doctor or anything?” She asked worriedly.

“No, No um a glass of water would be nice?”

“Water? Of Course!” She said and got the water for him just like she had done in his dream.

“Thanks” he said as he gulped the water down.

“Soo? How does it feel? To be tangible?” Jinhye asked curiously. It really was a dream, that means I still have a chance!

Without a second thought, Jongin wrapped his hands round Jinhye and brought her closer to him so they were now squished against each other. He buried his face into the crook of her neck and breathed a sigh of relief.

“It feels absolutely amazing”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Heey! hehehe umm did I give you a small heart attack at the beginning? With the suhoXjinhye couple. 
ahh i hope you enjoyed the chapter! Expect this story to turn really fluffy soon xxx

Thanks for reading, subscribing, commenting and voting! I love ya