Weird turn of events

Paranormal Boy

Chapter 26

Jinhye probably wasn’t supposed to be running through the hospital, but she was. After falling asleep at an ungodly hour of the early morning, she happened to sleep in right through noon. This obviously caused her to be late, cursing at herself for not thinking of setting an alarm.

Ignoring the looks that some of the health workers gave her, she continued to rush to the private room section of the hospital. She was hoping he was okay and awake but at the same time didn’t want him to be awake by himself and think she didn’t care about him. Once she arrived she slowed down to catch her breath and calmly looked for Jongin’s room number that Dr Kim had kindly informed her of yesterday.

“Number 9 where are you?” she whispered to herself.

Walking forward, shifting her head from side to side looking for the number before she finally came face to face with the said door. With no time to lose she placed her hand on the cold door handle opened it up. The first thing she noticed was how big the room actually was but those thoughts were demolished when she saw Jongin laying in the king sized bed to the right of her.

With a quick pace she walks up to the side of the bed where Jongin was hooked up to numerous machines. The beeping of heart rate monitor and the sound of Jongin breathing through the oxygen mask were the only thing she could hear.

“Jongin” she whispered as she peered down at his bandaged head, unable to hold a tear from forming in her eye.

“You’re a silly boy” she spoke as she reached to grab his hand that was connected to pulse oximeter. She desperately wanted to hug him, give him affection, feel his warm and alive body but she was afraid that it would hurt him as she didn’t know the extent of his injuries. All she could do was hold onto his warm hand for dear life and pray it will never turn cold.

“I don’t like this…My heart hurts so much. This is the first time my heart has felt so much pain” she cried she brought his hand towards her lips and gently kissed it.

“Jongin will be fine” came a voice from the door, jolting Jihye from her sorrowful state. When she looked up, she saw the cat like smile of Dr Kim welcoming her.

“Dr Kim, ah so nice to see you” Jinhye said as she quickly stood up and gave a deep bow.

“As it is you Jinhye, but theres no need to be upset. I’ve looked over Jongin all night and I can safely assure you that Jongin will be fine, in fact his recovery has been amazing” he said as he walked closer to the bed observing both Jongin and Jinhye.

“Ah Is that so Doctor? That’s great news, does that mean he will wake up soon?” she questions.

“Well the anaesthetics were scheduled to wear off about half an hour ago, Jongin is now in a deep sleep” he explained.

“Does that mean he could wake up any minute?”

“That is a high possibility but his body will be the Judge of when to wake up and that could mean a few more, minutes, hours or even days” he said as he walked over to the machinery and checked that his vitals were doing well.

The room fell into a silence, Jinhye didn’t particularly know what to say to Jongdae as she had sked all the questions she needed answers to.

“You know, I don’t know why but Jongin is strangely familiar to me” Jongdae spoke, causing Jinhye to look at him in confusion.

“Why’s that?”

“Well Kim Jongin is a very famous name in my family, my grandad had a brother named Kim Jongin and a sister called Jonghee. But my grandad was never able meet them as Jonghee died of an illness when she was young and Jongin just disappeared before my Grandad was born. Apparently my Great Grandparents were so distraught about losing both their children that they somehow were able to conceive another child. It’s a pity because Jongin was the pride of the family and my grandad told me stories about him all the time, it actually inspired me to become a doctor” Jongdae explained leaving Jinhye completely gobsmacked.  No way…he couldn’t really be? Could he?

“Ah really? This Kim Jongin guy wouldn’t happen to be the famous scientist who had the town library named after him is it?”

“Yes! That’s him! See he’s so famous that even you know about him. I seriously can’t believe I’m related to someone so great” No way! Kim Jongdae is my boyfriend’s Grandnephew? How is this even real?

“Y-yes I can’t believe it either” she said not knowing how to react to what she just learnt.

“Well that should be enough of me, I probably broke some kind of protocol by telling you that since it wasn’t really professional of me” Jongdae bashfully explained.

“Oh no, don’t worry, I’m glad to know what you’ve told me, it was interesting”.

“Aha if you say so. Well I’m going to head off now, click the button on the remote over there if you require my assistance” he said and the proceeded to walk towards the door.

“Yes, Thank you doctor” she thanked and saw his way out.

Just like that the room was left in silence.

“How am I going to tell you that your Grandnephew operated on you and saved your life?” she asked Jongin who was still unconscious. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sorry for the small chapter. And sorry for not uploading in a long time.
Uni is getting hard and I can't really make time to sit down and write chapters aha
But lecture recess is coming up soon, I will do my best to update as much as I can during that time. 

I never originally planned for Jongdae to be related but I thought It could be an interesting little subplot (: