Love

Paranormal Boy

Chapter 11

Two days passed and Junmyeon still came over to work with Jongin. Every hour they worked they became a step closer to the end goal and it gave them motivation to keep on going.

"So if we change the force of the electricity to over 2000 volts, that should trigger the reactor we built to transmit a signal and create an electric field?" Junmyeon asked.

"Yes it should work considering that amount of electricity is enough to produce a current that will travel at the speed of light " Jongin nodded as he replied

"But if we do that, isn’t it very dangerous? 2000 volts is enough to rupture blood vessels for someone on the electric chair- your insides would be pretty much fried!”

"I know but remember, I don't have a real body so it won't affect me. The electric potential is all that will flowing around this place, it will flow through me and through the rip in the fabric of space-time” Jongin calmly responded. Junmyeon looked at him worried, this kind of scientific exploit has never been attempted before, for all he knows; this whole town could blow up from the rupture.

“Hey boys!?, I’m just going to go to Mcdonald’s to get something to eat since the hunger is getting to me” Jinhye said and broke the boys out of their concentration. She really hasn’t been doing anything other than sitting and watching the boys talk about complicated things she will never understand. So she opted to leave the place and go have lunch.

“Yeah sure! Go fill that stomach of yours!” Junmyeon waved and smiled at her as she turned and made her way out of the library leaving them by themselves.

“Aren’t you at all concerned for Jinhye? She keeps asking if she can help but I don’t even want her to be anywhere near this building when this happens” he said worried for Jinhye’s safety. Jongin noticed the look on Junmyeons face and he knew what the underlining emotion was. Love.

“Do you love her?” Jongin blurts out. Really, he doesn’t want to hear him confess his affection towards her; but he has to know.

“W-what?” Junmyeon nervously replied. How can he possibly know my feelings?

“I said, do you love her?” Jongin repeated.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about” Junmyeon faked innocence.

“Don’t be around the bush and tell the truth” Jongin deadpanned.

“Yes. I’ve loved her since the first day she smiled at me in that physics class” Junmyeon truthfully stated. Jongin wanted to laugh. He knew that it was a long shot for Junmyeon not to like her. Jinnie was perfect, no doubt she was perfect in other men’s eyes as well.

“Well, I guess I have competition then?” Jongin playfully asks, trying to shed light in this dull situation. Junmyeon looks at him with wide eyes, totally shocked with Jongins words.

“You what?” he asked in disbelief.

“I love her as well, and once I get out of this time rift. I’m going to show her just how much I love her” Jongin stated confidently.

“What! That’s impossible! You’re basically the age of an old grandpa! Why would she want you?” Junmyeon spoke his mind, not knowing how seriously his thoughts struck Jongin.

“Try me Junmyeon. I’m a 22-year-old male whose been stuck in this damn f**king library for 50 years and the only human contact I’ve had with all this while is Jinhye! If I was a ghost sure, I would let her go. But I’m not! I am human, I deserve a human life! And if Jinhye accepts me for who I am, you can bet your sorry that I will devote myself to her for the rest of my life!” Jongin exclaimed as he reached his limit and let his anger and jealousy overtake him.

“You’re crazy if you think I’m going to let you of all people take her away from me! I just managed to find her after all these years and I have no plans in letting her go” Junmyeon said unintimidated by Jongins words.

“Well my friend, it seems like we are rivals from this point on” Jongin stated as he turned his back to Junmyeon.  

“Fine. Rivals we are, but may I say you are at a disadvantage considering that you are stuck here while I can see her anytime…Even visit her house in the middle of the night” Junmyeon deviously said in hopes to get Jongin mad again. It worked. As soon as he understood Junmyeons meaning he cracked.

“I swear to God if you so much as touch her you can rest assure that I will murder you once I get out out of here!” Jongin yelled as he turned around and towered over Junmyeon.

“Hey, hey chill, don’t forget I am the one who is helping you. Let’s make a deal; we can fight for her love but at the end of the day…no matter who she chooses. There will be no hard feelings against one another” Junmyeon said in an effort of peacemaking. Jongin stared at Junmyeon sternly but it didn’t last for long as he couldn’t keep up the act.

“Fine. May the best man win” he said as he held out his hand for a handshake.

“Likewise” Junmyeon responded and went to grab Jongins hand but it passed right through.

“Right…I forgot” Jongin said bashfully.

“We seriously need to get you fixed” Junmyeon stated in a matter of fact tone.

“Guys! I’m back! Junmyeon I thought you might be hungry too so I got you a cheeseburger” she said as she walked up towards them. Junmyeon was touched by her action and looked over to Jongin with a cocky smirk.

“Point 1 for Suho” he whispered and walked to Jinhye to get his food while Jongin just glared back at him.

“Cocky Bastard” he scoffed and walked towards Jinhye, exchanging his glare with a smile.

“Oh Jongin! I wanted to get you something but since you don’t eat I just didn’t worry about it. But I promise once you get your body back I will take you to Mcdonalds! It’s going to be thrilling watching you experience the taste of fast processed food for the first time!”

“No it’s fine. It’s the thought that counts right?”

“Yes exactly! So how are you guys getting along” she asked innocently. She obviously meant with the project but both Jongin and Junmyeon took it as a different meaning.

“Ohh just fine Jinnie” Junmyeon said as he stared and Jongin while he also stared back.

“Yes, everything’s just peachy”. Jongin also responding, sounding cheerful in Jinnies ears but condescending in Junmyeons. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

woo! This chapter was just a rollercoaster wasn't it?
At first I wanted Jongin and Junmyeon to hate eachothers guts but that's just to depressing as an exo fan.
SO! They have this love hate relationship going on haha- well maybe not love but you get the idea. 

Oh and I still have no idea what Im talking about when it comes to the science bit.