Old friend

Paranormal Boy

Chapter 6

While Jinhye was lying in her bed that night, no matter how much she tried, she just couldn’t get to sleep. Her mind was busy buzzing and processing all the information she had learnt today. Jongin wasn’t a ghost? How will he fix everything? Why did she kiss him? Why did she like kissing him? Aigoo Jinnie! Stop thinking so much, Jongin will be fine and we will make a plan together. Once again the kiss played through her mind and couldn’t help but clutch her heart.

“Why is it beating so much?” she questioned herself. She thought of his smile, it was so contagious and perfect.

“Aish, stop thinking weird things Jinnie!” she said as she placed both hands on top of her face and groaned into them.  She kept that position until her consciousness left her body and taken her to dreamland.

Jongin on the other hand was feeling the same. His heart would beat at the slight though of her. The silence of the library only amplified his thoughts with her laugh, her sweet voice and her beautiful smile. No Jongin, you can’t think like this! You are only grateful towards her kindness and friendship; you feel nothing else other than that.

Why would she even like me anyway? I’m not even real! She deserves more than what I am” he whispered to himself but was hurt even more. His own words were like a bullet through his heart.

Both of them went to sleep that night thinking of each other and how out of reach they are from ever being more than friends.

 

/////

The next day, Jinhye quickly got ready for her day to spend with Jongin she quickly ran to the store and bought a bunch of food because she was pretty much going to be there until dinner anyway. It may be weird that she doesn’t have a job but the truth is, she won the lottery a few years back. 20 million dollars was now hers to spend on whatever she would like. When she won she couldn’t believe her luck. Jinhye had always been the overshadowed one in the house, her sister was prettier and got her mother’s attention, her brother was smarter and had her father’s attention. She was just average and had no one’s attention especially following the ghost in the library story where her family concluded that she was mentally ill and consequently treated if she had some kind of contagious disease. So when she won that money, the first thing she did was move out into a reasonable sized apartment where she lives alone in comfort. Her family tried to contact her shamelessly asking for a portion of the money but she would just hang up on them. They didn’t deserve any of her money. But don’t get her wrong, family is family and if they were ever in some kind of trouble she would help out but it isn’t the case most of the time.

Whilst Jinhye was existing the store with her bag of groceries, she wasn’t looking where she was going and bumped into someone subsequently dropping all her things out of the bag.

“Oh my gosh I’m so sorry!” she apologised as she knelt down to pick up her shopping and placing it back in the bag.

“No, it’s alright I should have watched out too” the voiced said and also got down to help her. Once Jinhye looked up at the stranger she was in awe at how good looking he was.

“Jinhye?” the stranger asked. How did he know her name? Who is he?

“Y-yes?” she nervously asked with a puzzled face.

“You don’t remember me do you?” the stranger questioned. Jinhye kept looking at his face to figure out where she had seen him before but nothing came to her head.

“I’m sorry, I’m terrible with faces…Who are you again?” she asked.

“Ah it’s no problem, I’ve probably changed since the last time you saw me anyway, it’s me Junmyeon from back in high school” he explained.

“Junmyeon?” she said as she tried to think back to her high school years which she frankly didn’t want to remember. If home was bad, school was even worse.

“Yeah, I was the nerdy kid that you always sat next to during physics and we even did an assignment together…” he spoke again trying to get her to remember. Jinhye all of a sudden had a flashback to her physics class with Junmyeon. He totally looked different, he had glasses, braces and a face full of pimples.

“Suho?” she asked in excitement using the nickname she gave him. Suho smiled and nodded relieved that she still remembers him.

“Wow! You’ve changed so much! I couldn’t even recognise you. You look good by the way” she explained with a smile on her face.

“Ah, likewise Jinhye you change a lot as well. Do you still have an obsession with ghosts?” he asked curiously. That was the thing she liked about Junmyeon, he never judged and they had built a decent friendship from that.

“Oh yes, I still believe but I don’t think that I am that obsessed since that last time you saw me” she chuckled awkwardly. Junmyeon also smiled adoring the way she smiled. It might not be obvious but Junmyeon had a crush on Jinhye during high school. She was the only person that was kind and friendly too him, and above all she looked like an angel and he didn’t understand why no guy would ever try and hit on her.

“Aha okay, so what do you do now?” he asked curiously.

“Well, umm I kind of don’t have a job because I won the lottery a few years back and I have enough money to get me through life”

“Really!? That’s awesome! I’m glad something as great as that happened to you, you deserve it” she spoke sincerely. He knew about her family since she blurted it out once and ever since then he wanted her to come live with him but that would have been too weird.

“So what do you do now days?”

“Well, since I was really good in physics I decided to make it my career, I now work as a physicist” he revealed.

“Whoa really? That’s amazing, you’re just like Jongin!” she blurted out.

“Whose Jongin?” he asked confused on who she was talking about. Jinhye panicked for a bit since she couldn’t explain who exactly Jongin was.

“Oh…he’s a friend of mine who is a quantum physicist” she explained anxiously.

“Ah really? I should meet him some time, he sounds like a cool guy since he’s friends with you and has a passion physics”. Truthfully, Junmyeon was jealous of the guy, Jinhye seemed really close with him and he was smart.

“Oh that could be a possibily but he dosen’t like going out much, I only get to see him if I visit him. Literally.”

“Okay well I better get going or I will be late for work but it was nice seeing you again Jinnie, we should meet up and have dinner or something sometime”

“Oh yes that would be great, where’s your phone I will give you my number” she said wile placing her hand out.

“Oh yeah, sure” he uttered and quickly dug through his pockets to find his phone. When he did he placed it on her hand and watched her enter her contact details in and then handed it back to him.

“I will see you around Suho okay? And you better call me okay?” she said as she waved at him. Junmyeon chuckled at her antics and waved back.

“Don’t worry, I will…bye” he said and then turned to the opposite direction and walked away.

Jinhye felt so light hearted, she couldn’t believe how much Junmyeon had changed visually but his personality was the same dorky, kind hearted, Suho.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

I'm happy that I added Suho! Theres only so much content to write with only two characters. 
Also adding a love triangle because why not.
And i finally got a plot in mind to make this story more interesting haha.