Amusement Park

Paranormal Boy

Chapter 17

Because of all the time Junmyeon took off work to help Jongin, he had recently become really busy trying to get his hours back up and that meant he couldn’t spend much time as he would like with Jinhye.

Don’t even get him started with what he saw the other night.

Flashback

That night, Junmyeon decided that he would stop over at her house just to say hi; but when no-one answered he felt a bit deflated. But nevertheless he waited in his car until they came home. A couple of hours passed but he still waited.

It was then bordering on 11 o’clock and he felt maybe he should leave as it was getting late but out of the corner of his eye he spotted two figures walking up the dim lit street. Upon closer inspection he found that it was indeed Jinhye and Jongin, he was happy that they were coming home but something felt off. They stopped…and Jongin was holding her hands.

What is he doing?

Junmyeon walked closer to them by staying in the shadows so he could hear their conversation. Is he trying to confess?

No he can’t
I haven’t had a chance to court her yet!

So Junmyeon on a burst of impulse interrupted Jongin just as he was about to confess. He knew he it was a low blow to that to a guy, a er if you will, but desperate times calls for desperate measures.

Present

When the weekend finally rolled around Junmyeon was elated because he knew he could finally spend some time with her, the only downer is that Jongin would be there.

“Hey Jinnie!” he said happily and then greeted Jongin with less emotion “Jongin”. Jongin replied with a nod of the head. He still couldn’t get over the fact of what Junmyeon did the other night. Long story short…he hated him. But because he was important to Jinhye he can’t show his hate in front of her and it was hard.

“Oh hey Junmyeon, are you ready for today?” She asked excitedly. Junmyeon had scheduled to take Jinhye out to the amusement park, the only problem was that there was going to be a third wheel aka Jongin.

“Yes, I am! I feel like it’s going to be very fun” he said amusedly.

“Me too! I have never been to one before so I’m happy that I get to go with the both of you” she replied jumping up a down.

Cute

Both Jongin and Junmyeon thought as the same time.

“Okay when you’re ready we can leave” Junmyeon said as she nodded and ran around her house to get stuff ready leaving Jongin and Junmyeon to awkwardly stand in front of each other.

“So buddy, what have you been up to lately? 21st Century’s really different isn’t it?” Junmyeon started.

“Don’t talk to me” Jongin replied cold heartedly.

“Oh wow, Jongin’s angry again. Are you that mad for what I did?” he teased.

“What do you think” Jongin sneered.

“I think that you are being really petty. Didn’t we discuss this before in the library? We are battling each other right now; do you really think I was going to let you win this war that easily?” Junmyeon said as he crossed his arms.

“Well a little birdy told me she likes me so I was merely acting upon that piece of information” Jongin revealed.

“What? Who could have possibly told you that? You don’t know anyone here…But that’s beside the point, the point is that no matter what happens we shouldn’t have hard feelings for each other. Because really you’re a cool dude Jongin and I feel like we could be great friends but it just so happens that we have our heart taken by the same women” Junmyeon explained.

“Yeah… well, dosen’t mean I can’t hate you for now” Jongin said as he was kind of taken back by what Junmyeon had said.

He thinks I’m cool? He thinks we could be friends? What drugs is this guy on?

“Suit yourself, but I hope you know only teenage girls dwell on this kind of stuff. Real men just let it go and try harder next time” Junmyeon responded causing a massive blow to Jongin’s ego.

“Did you just equate me to a teenage girl? Where are your manners? I’m obviously the hyung here, you have to respect me” Yep…Definitely on drugs

“Not in this day and age Nini, I’m biologically 23, your past life doesn’t exist anymore, I am the hyung and you are the dongsaeng” he laughed.  Nini? NINI? DONGSAENG???

“What the actual fu-“ Jongin was about to curse but was stopped when Jinhye came rushing down the stairs screaming in joy that she was ready.

“Let’s go! Let’s go! Let’s go!” she exclaimed as she grabbed both of their hands and ran out the door pulling them along towards Junmyeon’s car.

“Jongin did you want to ride in the front or the back?” she asked.

“Ahh I don’t know” If I were to sit in the front I would have to be close to Junmyeon but if I sit in the back Jinhye would be close to Junmyeon. Ahh why is life so hard?

“Tell you what, just sit in the front. It will be your first car ride around the city you should experience it at every chance you get” she stated with a reasonable solution.

Sitting next to Junmyeon it is…. Uhhhh

///

 

The car ride lasted half an hour and it wasn’t as bad as Jongin envisioned but he still felt uncomfortable.

The three of them waited in line to buy a ticket and luckily it was short so there was not a lot of waiting.

“3 adults please” Jinhye said to the teller as she pulled out her card to pay but Junmyeon grabbed her wrist.

“The girl shouldn’t pay for two guys” he said and grabbed his own out.

“Yah! Seriously why waste your hard earned money when I’ve literally got millions”

“Because no matter what status, where you come from or how much money you have, it’s simple etiquette for the guy to pay especially when the girl is as special as you” Junmyeon replied and went ahead to process the transaction with his card. Jinhye on the other hand was gobsmacked, Junmyeon was such a gentleman, his words were so heartfelt that she felt as if the wind had been knocked out of her. She was completely dazed.

Jongin clenched his fist in frustration, he saw the way Jinhye looked at Junmyeon after his corny little speech. It also hit him where it hurts. He still felt guilty for Jinhye buying him all that stuff. Dammit! I need money and I need it fast.

Upon entry to the park both Jinhye and Jongin were amazed, it literally was the definition of fun. Colours were everywhere, children giggling and playing while the older people were either hanging out or having dates. The smell of pop corn roamed the walk ways while the giant rollercoasters filled the sky.

Jongin gulped once he saw them.  What in God’s name possessed human kind to create such…such things?

“You alright Jongin?” Jinhye asked as she noticed him get notably paler.

“Yeah, Yeah I’m just fine, haha” he unconvincingly replied. I’m doomed.

“Alright, where did you want to go first” Junmyeon asked.

“Why don’t we start small and make our way up to the big ones?”

///

Their first stop was the dodgem cars, Jongin liked it as it was still on the ground but the only problem was that he hadn’t driven a car in ages. But as he looked to the 12-year-old kids that were easily manoeuvring them around he deducted it wouldn’t too hard.

“The aim of dodgem cars his to bash into everyone but try to dodge others attacks” Jinhye explained to him.

“Okay” he nodded and hopped in. Junmyeon and Jinhye went into the cars next to him and they waited for the signal to start moving.

As soon as they started Jongin was trying to get a feel for how everything worked he looked up to see there was a metal pole that came in contact with wire connecting to the roof. Ahh So the wire connects to the electrical grid and is then converted into kinetic energy. That’s really cool.

Jongin who was too busy thinking about the physics behind the cars that he failed to remember that the point was to hit people so when he was rammed from the back and knocked forward it caused him to get the surprise of his life.

He looked back and saw that it was Junmyeon and he was laughing is off. That son of a b*tch.

Boiling with fury, Jongin turned around and started chasing each other around trying to bump into one another’s car.

Jinhye watched the two and she couldn’t keep a straight face, they looked like brothers who were boisterous and hot headed.

///

A few hours later it came the time to ride the big roller coasters. Jongin still didn’t feel right about them but he couldn’t chicken out.

One by one they buckled into the safety harnesses. He looked over to his right to see Jinhye seated there she looked over to him with a giant smile on her face.

“You ready?” she asks.

“I think so” he replied shakily. Jinhye noticed his nerves and moved her hand to grab on to his.

“Don’t worry, it will be over in 23 seconds and if you need… just squeeze my hand” she comforted him.

On the other side of Jinhye sat Junmyeon, to say he was jealous was an understatement. Why does Jongin get to hold your hand? I want to hold your hand too!

3…

2…

1…

And they were off.

23 seconds later and they were back at the start. Junmyeon and Jinhye were perfectly fine but Jongin was a different story. He wanted to be sick.

“Are you okay Jongin?” Jinhye asked as she was concerned for his pale complexion and his tight squeeze on her hand.

“I don’t feel to good” he drearily responded.

“Oh no, quick let’s get you out of here so you can rest” she said and carefully helped him up and directed him to a bench where he could lay down.

“Junmyeon can you go get a bottle of water?”

“Yeah sure” and he darted of to the nearest shop.

Jinhye just sat next to Jongin and watched him breathe in and out steadily.

“Aish this is bad, you were supposed to have fun, not get sick” Silly boy.

“I’m sorry” he apologised. I’m ruining her fun

“I’ve got water!” Junmyeon said as he ran back to them. Yes, he was kind of concerned, even though they were love rivals, Jongin still didn’t deserve to be sick.

Jongin sat up as directed by Jinhye and she gave him some Panadol the she had in her bag for emergencies.

“Take this, it will help settle your tummy” and Jongin did just that. Being sick is a terrible feeling.

Once he did that he laid back down again and closed his eyes, the sun was setting and he felt extremely warn out.

“Should we go home?” Jinhye asked. She truthfully really wanted to go on the Ferris wheel but Jongin was a much bigger priority for her.

“No, no. You guys shouldn’t hold back because of me. I will wait here, you guys just go and finish what you wanted to do”

“Are you sure, I will feel bad” Jinhye said.

“Trust me, I will feel even worse if you don’t go” he explained.

“Alright, we will be back soon. Don’t go anywhere okay?”

“Okay”
And Just like that, Jinhye walked away with Junmyeon leaving Jongin on the bench.

///

“Junmyeon is there anything you particularly wanted to do? I only wanted to go on the Ferris Wheel”

“Yeah I wanted to go on it too, how about we just do that and then we can go home?” he suggested

“Sounds like a plan” she replied and linked arms with Junmyeon and made their way to the giant Ferris Wheel.

Once they boarded onto one of the carriages, the wheel started to move sending it upwards.

The yellow and orange of the sunset made the scenery so beautiful and romantic, she looked over to Junmyeon and saw him staring at his hands.

“Hey” she said and grabbed his attention.

“What’s on your mind?”

“Ahh I was just thinking how beautiful the scenery was” he replied.

“Right! It’s so beautiful and romantic” she stated as she turned to look back at it again but did not notice that Junmyeon was staring at her.

“Yeah…really beautiful” he said under his breath.

They were slowly making their way to the very top and they were really high off the ground.

“Omo! Suho look how far we are off the ground” she said and turned back to look at him but was surprised to see his face right near hers. Their eyes connected gaze and now were staring at each other. There was an unexplainable feeling stirring in Jinhye’s chest. Junmyeon…What is this?

Junmyeon was also feeling that feeling but it was 100 times stronger than what Jinhye’s was. He was so close to her lips, he wanted to capture them right then and there, hold her tightly and never let her go.

With one hand he moved a strand of hair behind her ear and leaned in. Jinhye’s heart was beating so loudly that she prayed Junmyeon wouldn’t hear it. The closer he got, the more her mind became fuzzy. Is he going to kiss me? Do I want him to kiss me? Junmyeon…

He leaned in closer so now their noses were tip to tip. Jinhye closed her eyes she didn’t know what he was going to do so her last resort was to close her eyes. A few seconds passed and she waited for him to kiss her lip but instead she felt a plum pair of lips on her forehead. Upon contact she opened her eyes feeling quite relieved that it didn’t go the way she imagined.

“I’m so happy I found you, you truly are the most special girl to me Jinnie” Suho said as he pulled back.

Jinhye who was overwhelmed with emotion ended up hugging Junmyeon.

“Thank you Junmyeon, thank you for always being there for me”

“I will always be there for you pabo, you’re my special girl” and she laughed at the cheesiness.

The ride ended after that and they quickly made their way back to Jongin who was quietly sitting on the bench waiting for them.

Just by seeing Jongin, Jinhye felt the same feeling that she held for Junmyeon a few minutes ago.

What is my heart doing?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

eeeeeppp
What have I just written!!???
ahhh
I'm pretty sure Jinkai is my main couple but suho is still an amazing human being ahh
Thamks for all the comments guys! I love hearing what you think (:

 

tumblr_m0yj47kyfF1rrtd4ho1_1280.jpgtumblr_o622c18Xxs1riav2to1_540.jpgkai%2Band%2Bsuho.giflarge.giftumblr_ml2f7u0W9M1rv4ik7o3_250.gif

THESE DORKS ARE SO CUTE TOGETHER

large.gif

Brahh