Console

Paranormal Boy

Chapter 25

Junmyeon walked out of the doctor’s office with his cuts cleaned and bandaged and a cast around his arm. In the other hand he held a prescription for pain medication that would help reduce the inflammation of all his injuries. As he stared down at the paper, he began to think things.

Maybe I shouldn’t get these…I should just live through the pain, I deserve it.

These dark thoughts however, vanished and were replaced by the sad look of Jinhye’s face.

“She told you to let it go Junmyeon. She will get even more disappointed if you carry on with these thoughts” Junmyeon said to himself as he slowly made his way down the white sterile corridor of the hospital with his head down.

“Junmyeon?” a familiar voice called in front of him, causing him flick his head up.

“Seulji?” he murmured inquisitively with a look of surprise etched on his face.

“What happened to you!?” she asked worriedly as she strode up to in hurry. By the look of her face, Junmyeon could tell she wanted answers but there was something else there on her face. An emotion that he couldn’t quite identify.

“Ah I was in a car accident” he responded, not sure of what to say.

“What? Are you okay? Did anyone else get injured?” she asked in a worried tone. Junmyeon swears he heard an ounce of anxiety in her voice. Which was weird since he had only met her once, they had not known each other long enough to be anxious over each other’s wellbeing.

“Ah I’m fine just a few broken bones and some cuts, but I’m afraid it’s not me who’s drawn the short straw” he said, confusing Seulji with his words.

“What do you mean?” She inquired.

“Um..you see…I..I’m in love with Jinhye” he said and Seulji felt her heart crack. She felt her face drain of blood and she had forgotten how to breathe. She knew that her reaction was way over the top since she had only met the guy once, but there was something about Junmyeon that her heart immediately latched to when she first laid eyes on him. Love at first sight? No impossible. There’s no such thing. Infactuation maybe?

“O-oh really?” she responded struggling to sound like none of his words had affected her.

“Yeah, but she’s in love with Jongin. We were actually silently battling for her love but I lost. I didn’t take it too well. Things happened and before I knew it I was running out of her house with Jongin chasing after me. I should have stopped when he called out for me, but my heart couldn’t take looking at either one of them” he paused to take a breath, flashbacks from the scene were running through his mind and taking over his emotions. He looked to the side for a seat and sat down, Seulji followed concerned about everything she was hearing.

“I ran out onto a road without looking, and of course a car was coming. I really thought I was gonna die. The car had no chance of stopping and I was in a state of shock. I went falling to the ground, it hurt but I could tell I didn’t die. It wasn’t until I got up that I realised what had happened. On the ground next to me was Jongin, unconscious and bleeding. Jongin pushed me out of the way and in turn his body was impacted by the car”.

“Oh my gosh Junmyeon, is he okay?”

“I don’t know, he’s been in the surgery room for hours” and that’s when tears started falling from his face, he doesn’t know why but he felt comfortable enough around Seulji. Comfortable enough to cry anyways.

After seeing the emotion of grief and sadness wash over his face, Seulji took no time in enveloping her arms around his body, pressing him towards her, hoping he could feel her sincerity and comfort.

“Shh its okay Junmyeon, he will be fine. Please don’t blame yourself” she cooed, hoping to relive him of his pain.

“It..It’s just so hard, if it wasn’t for me, Jongin would still be okay, his life would not be in danger. The poor guy only just regained his life back and I’ve potentially taken it away from him” he spoke, confusing Seulji with his words.

“What do you mean he regained his life?” she asked puzzled.  However, Junmyeon responded by shaking his head, uttering a small yet audible ‘It’s nothing’. Seulji was not convinced but she opted to not ask him anymore. He was already in an emotional battle with himself right now, all he needs is comfort.

“It’s okay Junmyeon, I’m here. It will work out yeah? Don’t lose hope” she consoled as she returned to soothingly rubbing his back up and down.

 

 

That night Jinhye couldn’t sleep or eat, the doctor advised her to but she just couldn’t. Her mind was only set on Jongin and his well-being.

Is he okay? He won’t die right? He won’t leave me here by myself, he better not leave me.

I love you Jongin
Please
Please, be okay.

She rolled on her side and faced the empty side of the bed. It was unreal how fast things had happened. It was only last night that Jongin had confessed his feelings and had attacked her lips with thousands of kisses. It was only this morning that she awoke to his presence and beautiful smile. Where did that beautiful time go? How did this day come to end so devastatingly? 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

OH MY GOSH
I'm so sorry I've not updated in a while. I had 6 weeks of holidays and I only updated once. Im terrible. 
Forgive this chapter for being boring or poorly written, it was rushed as I just wanted to get a chapter up as soon as possible. I also had to remember what I had written previously as I've completely forgotten where I was going with this story. 

I've also been caught up with Exo's comeback and Exo'rdium tour. *cough*ArtificalLoveChoreo*cough*
I AM SO SAD THAT KAI HURT HIMSELF, MY HEAT DROPPED WHEN I SAW HIM IN THAT WHEELCHAIR. 
Seriously how unlucky can one person be, thats the 3rd time this year he's injured himself.
And lay! his hip was injured as well! I'm still don't think he's properly recovered from the motorbike accident either. Aghhh I can't take my boys getting hurt. Those 2 seriously need to rest and actually get treatments on their hips arghhhh

On the bright side, they are going to hawaii. Hopefully their injuries won't be as bad by then. I really want all the members to have fun, relax and get a tan aha.