Seulji

Paranormal Boy

Chapter 19

A whole month has passed since Jongin has lived in in this world. Everything that was once new to him was slowly became ingrained into his everyday life and became the norm.

Right now he was currently suiting up for a job interview. He struggled to find a job that would hire him considering he had no relevant qualifications. His physics degree was useless in this time and he deemed that it would be a waste of time to go back to university and study for another degree. So with that in mind he decided start over, physics was now a past time in this life he wanted to do something different…something more exciting.

Jinhye patted down any wrinkles on his suit like a mother would do to her son.

“Are you sure you want to do this?” she asked him with a hint of concern in her voice. Even though she loved him romantically she couldn’t help the maternal instinct she had to protect him and that meant him getting a Job where he would be by himself for most of the day.

“Of course I’m sure, don’t worry Jinnie” he responded by patting her on the head. She pouted at his response and Jongin couldn’t help but fall deeper into her. Her cuteness is undeniable.

“But Jongin I’m a millionaire! I could take care of you forever if you wanted and money wouldn’t be a problem” she explained. Jongin became slightly agitated, he loved the girl but for some reason she couldn’t get past the fact that he needs independence.

He turned to her and held her shoulders and looked deep into her eyes. She gulped at the serious gaze he was directing towards her.

“Jinnie listen, I know you care and worry for me. I know you have enough money to last ten life times. But what I need you to know is that I as a man need a job, not for the money but for the respect and self-worth. I am assuming judgemental people still exist, imagine what people would say when they find out I’m freeloading of an innocent girl?”

“But you’re not! Who cares what they think! They don’t know the truth or your abilities”

“Doesn’t matter, above all that I want to work, I want to earn my own money. Hypothetically speaking what if something happens and you no longer want me in your life- not saying I ever want it to happen but just think. I will have no money to provide for myself. What if you somehow lose your money? Just think of my job as a backup plan okay?” he says as he tries to coerce her into his way of thinking.

“Okay…but never in your life think that I would ever leave you or kick you out, unless you turn into some crazy pedo axe murderer, you’re not going anywhere” she says defeated and rests her head on his shoulder. Jongin then brings his arms around her and kisses her on the crown of her head.

“Thanks Jinnie” he whispers and they break away from their hug.

“You better come back here with a Job” she jokes and he scoffs.

“Look at you, one second you were begging me not to get a job and now you threaten me if I don’t get one?” Jongin says mockingly as he fakes the sign of hurt. She laughs at how idiotic he is and moves closer to fix his hair that fell out of place.

“Just do your best okay? she sweetly asks.

“Don’t worry, I will” he says as he places a light kiss her on forehead and turns to leave out the door. Jinhye gripped her chest because of the fast pacing of her heart, how she has survived living with him she does not know. Ever since that night where Jongin kissed on the cheek, their skin ship had increased tremendously. Jongin would take every opportunity to be close with her, hug her or even kiss her. To anyone else they would look like a married couple but to Jinhye and Jongin- their relationship was unexplainable.

///

“So Mr Kim, why do you want to be hired here?” The interviewer asked. Jongin was currently seated on a chair facing a row of interviewers who are looking intently to him, waiting for his response.

“Well, I’m a 22-year-old male with no qualifications what so ever but I do know that I can fill this role responsibly and effectively. I am a relatively smart person, give me any math or science exam and I will ace it. With that being said, I want to be hired here because I also have a passion for the arts, more specifically, dancing. By working here, I would be much closer to what I have a passion for and may open doors to opportunities. However right now, I am interested in earning a wage that will help me be independent” Jongin confidently answers.

“You seem like a bright young boy, how on earth have you never graduated High School?” one of the interviewers asked.

“Ahh I was home schooled by my grandfather, he was a quantum physicist and he taught me everything he knows” Jongin said. He felt bad for making up a story but It’s not completely all lie, had Jongin never went back in time, he would be a grandfather by now and he probably would teach his grandkids some physics”

“Interesting, it’s odd to have home schooled children nowadays. Moving on, you said you had an interest in dance?”

“Yes, I do dance. I was never professionally taught but I have been told I was quite good by a friend of mine” Jongin said as he remembered back to the day that Jongin showed Jinhye his dancing skills in the library.

“Well Mr Kim, even though you lack educational background, you seem to be one of the most reliable and confident people that have come here today. This concluded the end of the interview, we will call you in two to three business days in response to if you have the job” he says and Jongin stands up and bows.

“Thank you for even considering me.” he says and stands back up to walk out of the interview room.

As he was figuring which way the exit was, a woman bumped into him and she fell down along with all the papers in her hand.

“Oh! I’m so sorry!” Jongin panicked and quickly helped her up and picked her papers off the floor.

“It’s alright accidents happen” she said but her breath got caught in when she finally saw Jongin’s face. She was completely and utterly awe struck at how handsome he was.

“Miss…are you okay?” Jongin nervously asked, afraid she hit her head somehow.

“Uh Yeah! Yes, I am. I’m sorry, what was your name? I’ve never seen you around before” She asks, interested in who this gorgeous stranger was.

“Um I technically don’t work here yet, I just had an interview for a PA job here” he replied a bit embarrassed.

“Oh right, those were on today. What made you want to be a PA for an entertainment company?” she asks curiously.

“Well, I needed a Job and this was the only one going at the moment”

“Right uh so what’s your name?”

“Jongin, Kim Jongin”

“My name is Jung Seulji, it’s nice to meet you Jongin” she said as she extended her hand for a hand shake to which Jongin grabbed and shook.

“It’s nice to meet you too”

“Say Jongin, I’m on a lunch break right now. Why don’t we go grab a coffee or something?” she sweetly asks. Jongin found her to be a very nice girl, she was sweet, kind and very pretty. He saw a bit of Jinhye in her.

“Sure, that would be nice” he responds. He had no interest in Seulji but his potential co-worker just asked him to have coffee and didn’t want to leave a bad impression by rejecting her.
 

“Great! just let me put these papers away and I will meet you here in a second” she said and whisked off to her workspace.

Jongin awkwardly stood there and watched the workers walk by him, he felt so out of place since he wasn’t even an employee.

Just then his phone began ringing and he hurriedly searched for the phone. The caller ID displayed Jinhye’s name and he smiled. This girl.

“Hello?” he greeted.

“Hello? Jongin?” she called into the receiver.

“Yes Jinnie, what’s up?”

“Uh, I was calling to see how you were. How did the interview go? Did you smash it?” she asks as he chuckles.

“Yeah, I feel like I couldn’t have done any better. I just finished a couple of minutes ago actually”

“Ahh, I must be telepathic! Anyways, are you coming home now?” she asks expectantly.

“Uhh no I actually-“

“Hey Jongin sorry I took too long, you ready to go?” Seulji called out as she walked towards him, interrupting his conversation with Jinhye. He looked at her and nodded his head.

Jinhye who was on the other end distinctly heard the female voice. It’s a girl! Who is she! Why is she with Jongin!?

“Listen Jinnie, I have something to do but don’t worry about me. I will be home in an hour or two so stay safe okay?”

“Wait Jongin what are you doing? Who was talking to you?” Jinhye quickly asked before he could hang up.

“Uhh, it will be much easier to explain when I get home okay?”

“Okay” she said dejectedly. She dosen’t know why but she felt like her being was ripping into two. She dosen’t know who that girl was or what she looked like but she never thought of the possibility that Jongin would meet other women.

“Bye Jinnie”  

“Mmm” she hummed and hung up.

“Sorry, it was my friend on the phone” he explained to Seulji. He desperately wanted to say girlfriend or even wife but he was still far away from that outcome.

“Oh a friend? A girlfriend or just a friend?” she curiously asked. Please don’t have a girlfriend.

“She’s a friend…but I hope she will be mine one day” he explained.

“Oh” she whispered. Why! Why! All the good looking men are either taken, gay or a kpop idol! That Jinnie girl or whatever her name is, is so lucky!

“Yeah sorry if that was too much personal information” he said.

“Oh no! I’m glad you told me. Saves me from hitting on you” she blurted out not thinking about what she was saying.  Jongin looked at her in surprise. She wanted to hit on me?

“Ummm forget I ever said that, sometimes I don’t filter what I say. Please don’t let this affect you, I’m sure we could become great friends and co-workers in the future”.

“Sure” he said as he laughed nervously.

///

The two of them were now seated at a coffee shop in the city, they were both a bit shy considering what Seulji had said to him earlier but the coffee and cake helped calm the nerves.

“So Jongin…do you have any friends?” she asked.

“What kind of friends” he said asking to be more specific.

“Well, have you ever hear of the saying ‘birds of the same feather flock together’?”

“Yeah? Why?”

“Well forgive my bluntness but you are really good looking…but you have a girl in your heart so you’re technically not on the market but you must have other good looking friends right?”

“Uhh, not really. I kind of only have two people I’m close to and that’s Jinnie and Jun-“ he stopped his sentence when looked to the door and saw the couple that entered.

It was Jinhye and Junmyeon. Why is he with her! Do they usually go on outings like this! While he was having a mental battle, Jinhye ended up spotting Jongin staring at her and she ran up to him with Junmyeon following, surprised he was even here in the first place.

“Omo Jongin, what are you doing here?” her question was enough to break his thoughts and answer.

“Oh, I’m just getting some coffee with Seulji here, she works at the company where my interview was” he explained.

“Oh I see, well my name is Jinhye. I’m Jongin’s friend slash housemate” Jinhye said. She desperately wanted to call him her boyfriend to show this girl he is taken but she couldn’t. Jongin wasn’t hers.

“Housemate? You live together?” Seulji asks Jongin with a knowing smirk. This is to cute, Jongin loves the girl and he lives with her but he hasn’t made any moves? Keep it up boy and you will be friendzoned.

“Ah yeah, Jinnie has a house with an extra bedroom so she lets me stay there”

“Interesting” she was just about to ask another question when she noticed Junmyeon standing behind Jinhye. Oh my lord! I knew it! He does have hot friends! I just pray he ain’t gay or already taken.

“Hi, what’s your name” she asked him.

“Junmyeon” he replied with a humble smile. Definitely husband material.

“Well it’s nice to meet you, my name’s seulji, let’s be friends” 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

That's it for that chapter. I kind of feel like I've failed with this fic because it was supposed to be paranormal and mystical but it ended up turning into one of those cliche modern time love stories. *sigh* oh well. I hope you all continue to love it <3