Hospital

Paranormal Boy

Chapter 24

Jinhye could not believe the image that was in front of her. She didn’t want to. Jongin

“Junmyeon! What happened!!” She whaled as she ran closer. The sound of her voice jolted Junmyeon to turn his face towards her, a look of pain and horror sketched on his face. He didn’t know what to do or what to say.

Jinhye rushed past him and quickly attended to Jongin who was unconscious and barely breathing.

“Oh my God Jongin!” Jinhye cried as she knelt down beside him and caressed his face, stupidly hoping he would wake up. This is a joke right?

But as more blood poured from his wounds onto the road the reality of the situation has her shook. Jongin was dying and she was crying. Tears splattering onto Jongin’s bloodied cheek.

“Miss, I’ve called the ambulance they’re on their way” came a man’s voice from the side, startled she looked over to see a man with a small cut running along his forehead. He must be the driver.

“I-I… what happened?” she shakenly asked.

“It happened so fast. That guy over there” he pointed to Junmyeon “ran out onto the road and I tried to stop as fast as I could but then this man jumped out and pushed him away and got hit instead” he explained. Jongin, why would you do that?? Not that I want Junmyeon hurt but it was his mistake to run out onto the road, you shouldn’t have risked your own life for him!! She complained in her mind. But then again, Junmyeon was a precious friend to her and if it was her in Jongin’s position, she probably would have done the same thing.

Her emotions got the best of her all over again and she started to cry. Laying her head down on Jongins chest she cried and prayed, hoping that Jongin would be okay.

“Please don’t die Jongin, I love you” she mumbled and took his warm hand and held it within hers.

The scene was witnessed by Junmyeon from behind them. His heart and mind was in turmoil; not only did he get his heart broken but know he was the reason for someone being critically injured. Why can’t I do anything right! Jongin doesn’t deserve this it should be me that’s dying not him.

“Jinnie” he called out weakly not even sure if she would hear him. But she did. At the moment she didn’t want to talk, she wanted to stay right by Jongin’s side and help pressurize his wounds.  So she ignored it.

Junmyeon was at first hurt by the fact that she didn’t respond to him, but he made himself feel better by believing that she just didn’t hear him. With a big sigh of regret, he buries his hands in his face and once again prays for this to be over.

Just then the blaring sounds of a siren were heard up ahead, both Junmyeon and Jinhye raised their head in eagerness trying to spot the distinct flashing lights.

 

The paramedics loaded Jongin into the van making sure not move him around a lot in case of any spinal or neck injury. Jinhye was there every step of the way while Junmyeon watched from a distance, not wanting to become even more of a hassle than he already was.

“Miss, are you a family member?” the paramedic asked in response to her wanting to ride with them to the hospital.

“No, but I’m his girlfriend and I may as well be his family” Jinhye replied, surprising herself at how easy her statement came out.

“Okay, please follow me” the man said and lead her to the back entrance of the ambulance. Once she was up, she situated herself next to Jongin but also out of the paramedic’s way so they could do their job.

Once they were off, Jinhye sneaked her hand into Jongin’s and held it tightly. She wanted to feel that his warmth was still there and not dead cold.

The hospital is still as cold and white since the last time she had visited. Right now, Jinhye was anxiously waiting outside the surgery room, aching for the doctor to walk out with good news.

Hours passed yet there was no sign of anyone exiting from the door. Her anxiety was eating her up as she thought of all the possible worse case scenarios. What if he is paralysed? What if he wakes up with Amnesia? What if he’s put into a coma? What if he’s dead?

Too caught up in her doubts, she never noticed the figure that walked up to her and sat beside her and without hesitation placed their hand upon her shoulder in comfort. She flinched at the contact and immediately raised her head to face the stranger. It was Junmyeon.

The look in his eyes showed pain, his hair was messed up, his face was scratched up and his wrist was turning the couloir of purple and blue. Jinhye didn’t know what to make of the man in front of her. She wants to blame him but she can’t.

“How are you feeling?” he asks breaking their long held silence.

“I’m fine” she replies but it was so obvious that she wasn’t.

“Jinnie…I’m sorry, it’s all my fault this happened. I never meant for Jongin to get hurt” he cries in both guilt and pain.

“It’s alright Junmyeon, I don’t blame you. It was Jongin who made the decision to do what he did no matter how stupid it was” she calmly replies even though she was dying inside.

“No, if I just acted more maturely…if I didn’t run away from my problems, if I didn’t run away from you…then we wouldn’t even be in this situation in the first place” Junmyeon argued.

“Don’t beat yourself up about it, everything is already . I don’t need you turning into an emotional wreck when I’m barely hanging on to my own sanity” she narrated.

“See, you’re not fine, why did you lie?”

“Of course I’m not fine Junmyeon. Girls who say ‘I’m fine’ are never and I repeat NEVER fine” she retaliated making Junmyeon fell like he just screwed up again.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t know” Junmyeon replied wanting to shrink back in his seat.

“Don’t be sorry Junmyeon. Stop saying sorry. This day is all kinds of ed up but there’s nothing you should feel guilty for” she soothed as she grabbed his hand to comfort him but she was shocked when he winced. Looking down she saw that his wrist was all bruised and swollen. Silly me, just because Jongin received most of the impact from the hit, doesn’t mean Junmyeon was never hurt at all.

“What’s wrong with your hand?” she asked seriously concerned for his well-being.

“I don’t know, it’s really sore and I can barely move it, I might have to go to the doctors” he explained as he elevated his arm for closer inspection.

“You idiot, you’re in a hospital, go get it checked out” Jinhye nagged which caused Junmyeon to chuckle at his stupidity.

“Oh that’s right, my minds a real mess at the moment. I can’t think properly” he reasoned.

“Just go now before it becomes worse and get some antiseptic on your cuts as well” Jinhye ordered as she pointed to the cuts on his face.

“Alright Alright” he said as he stood up.

“Would you like me to come with you?” she asked but he knew she would rather stay here. She really loves you Jongin.

“No, no it’s fine, stay here and wait for the doctor” he said started to walk down the corridor.

“Okay, I will see you soon” Jinhye dismissed as Junmyeon nodded as confirmation.

And Just like than Jinhye was left alone again, waiting. The green lit sign indicating that the surgery was still in progress was ingrained into her memory because she’s stared at it for so long. Soon he eyes stared to hurt and her mind started to shut down, there was literally nothing else to do in this hallway and within minutes she was asleep.

Jinhye was dreaming of Jongin, they seemed to be on a date. He pulled her towards market stalls and bought her everything she asked for. Fed her dukbokki they bought from a street cart and held her tightly when the crowd started to get busier. It was a picture perfect date, those heavily romanticized ones seen in dramas that almost never happen in real life. Their date ended with them walking back home, hand in hand. However, Jongin was acting strange; he kept tapping her on the shoulder and when she inquired about it he just gave her a funny look and said “Miss?” “Miss?”

“wake up” said Jongin said but it was not his voice that came from those lips.

Wake up? Wake up Wake up Wake up

In a spasm, Jinhye jolted in her seat and open her eyes. It took time for her eyes to adjust to the bright white lights and when she looked forward she saw a figure dressed in blue. When her vision finally focused she understood that everything as a dream and she was now back in hospital with the head surgeon standing in front of her wearing his blue scrubs.

“Oh, I’m sorry Doctor” she apologised, stood up and quickly brought herself into a respectful bow.

“Don’t be, that surgery lasted 6 hours” he joked.

“Ah neh, um doctor? How is Jongin?” Jinhye asked the question that she had been itching to know the answer to.

“Call me Dr. Kim, full name Kim Jongdae. Your boyfriend had it tough, it took us a long time to get him out of the critical stage. We almost thought we lost him once but with our hardest effort we managed to bring him back to a stable condition. He suffered from multiple broken ribs, a broken leg, multiple open wounds and some head trauma. From what we’ve seen there were no signs of brain injury but we will have to keep a close eye on him even after he wakes up to track whether or not he has lost any brain activity.

“So he’s okay now?” she asked in need of the confirmation that he was okay.

“He’s not out of the dark yet, the hours after surgery are the most critical, if he can manage to keep his body at an equilibrium for the next 24 hours or so, it can be assured that he will recover with a lower chance of relapse” the doctor explained with a smile on his face. Smiles are good, that means he is confident in what he’s saying. But then again doctors lie, they comfort you with lies to avoid telling you the ugly truth.

“Will...Will I be able to see him?”

“Ah that I’m afraid is bad news, Jongin is currently in ICU and cannot have contact with anyone except staff during his critical stages” Jongdae sadly put as he could tell how desperate she was to see Jongin.

“I see...Thank you doctor! Thank you for all you’ve done to save him” she thanked while she cried as she bowed multiple times. It was a major weight lifted off her shoulders knowing that Jongin was okay and not dead or dying.

“Hey hey, don’t be like that. I’m a doctor, it’s my job. I want you to get yourself home and rest comfortably for the rest of the night, by noon tomorrow Jongin should be moved to his new room where you can stay as long as you want” he coaxed.

“Okay thank you, um can I also request for Jongin to be moved to a private room?”

“Of course but it will be pricey does that-”

“Money isn’t an issue”

“Alright then follow me to fill out some paperwork. After that do as I say, go home, rest, eat and come back here tomorrow at noon where your boyfriend will be waiting for you” he said as he winked and walked a head, issuing Jinhye to follow. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hello! Im back again with another update! hopefully this story is still interesting to you readers. 

 

AND KIM JONGIN IS A MOFO, YOU KNOW WHY

WHAT

THE

IS HE

DOING!

*SCREAMS*

He is not my bias but he's making it damn hard to be loyal to Yixing