Did it work?

Paranormal Boy

Chapter 14

Half an hour ago-

“Jongin, promise that you will be here when I come back” Jinhye said as he went to stand in the middle of the library and turned to face them.

“I promise…” he said and nodded to Junmyeon to flick the switch. The plan had been for a countdown timer to be set for 2 minutes to allow Junmyeon and Jinhye to get out of the building.

“You ready?” Junmyeon said as he grabbed Jinhyes hand and flicked the switch. She hesitantly nodded and gripped on tighter when they began to run the exit of the Library. Along the way, a pair of eyes watched her every movement. This is it Jnnie, I will see you on the other side I guess. He thought as he corrected his stance and took a deep breath to calm the nerves. Yes, even though he technically was not even real, he was still pretty much going to get vaporized any second now and that’s enough to scare any man.

Jinhye and Junmyeon had just appeared out of the library, they kept on running and running until they were a safe distance away from the library. As soon as they stopped, Jinhye dropped to her knees gasping for air while Junmyeon bent over with hands on his knees breathing deeply.

“That *breathes* was *breathes* the most physical activity *breathes* I’ve done in a long time” Jinhye pants.

“You’re so unhealthy” Junmyeon says as he stands back up again and looks towards his watch.

“20 seconds left, good luck Jongin” he says and that instantly triggers Jinhye to turn around a watch the library no matter how exhausted she was.

“18…17…16…15…14…13...” Junmyeon started counting down. It scared Jinhye, in just 10 seconds Jongin will have either survived, completely vanished or is in fact a ghost. She desperately hoped that the first option came true but there was a little seed of doubt planted in her that made her think otherwise.

“5...4...3...2...1” they both glued their eyes to the library looking for any signs of electrical activity.

In that moment, a bright white light shined through the largest window of the building and that continued until every crack and window had a beam of light shining through. It was quite a spectacle but it didn’t stop the anxiety that was coursing through both Jinhye and Junmyeon. Is he okay?

///

For Jongin, he couldn’t describe what was happening. The light was so blinding that it forced him to close his eyes. His senses were all askew, but he knew something was happening, he could feel it. He had no idea how much time had passed but the light slowly started to get dimmer, he thought it was over but a dark blue sparkling smoke started to surround him and constricted him into its bounds. He could see nothing, everything was now black…and that’s how it stayed.

///

Present time-

It had been long since the lights died down, Jinhye wanted to run to him but Junmyeon stopped her from getting close as he wasn’t sure how safe the library was to enter.

“Junmyeon please! It’s been 20 minutes now; I need to see Jongin!” she pleaded to him.

“I know you do Jinnie but you just got to wait okay? I want you to be safe and I bet my bottom dollar that Jongin would want the same thing” Junmyeon sensitively explained. He knew how desperate she was to see him, but he was also desperate to take into consideration all the safety precautions. The library had been a highly active electric field 20 minutes ago, he wasn’t going to let the girl he loves casually waltz in like nothing happened.

“Well…How long? How long until we can go in?” she asks dejectedly. I need to know he’s okay. Please be well Jongin, I beg you.

“Until this electrometer records a safe reading, right now the place is spewing with danger” Junmyeon informs as he shows her his electronic device.

“Well where does the level have to be for it to be safe to enter?” she said as she observes the display.

“It has to lower the green section, which should take another 20 minutes. Please be patient Jinnie-ah”

“Okay, okay. 20 minutes!” she exclaims as she crosses her arms and sits down on the footpath in front of the library.

///

“Jongin!” Jinhye calls out as she anxiously enters the library. True enough to Junmyeons words, it was safe to enter the building at the 20-minute mark.

“Jinhye wait for me, you gotta be precautious! Just because I said it was safe doesn’t mean there’s no live wires hanging around anywhere” Junmyeon said as he grabbed her hand tightly, which she had to admit made her feel safe and loved. It was an odd feeling since she always saw Junmyeon as a friend or older brother.

“I’m sorry, I just want to find him” she apologizes.

“It’s fine, just don’t let go of my hand” he directed and then pulled her more forward into the library.

Since it was night time, there source of light was limited to the dull beam of Junmyeon’s torch and that meant seeing things was a challenge.

“Jongin!?” Jinhye called out once again hoping for a response. But she never got one.

“Junmyeon…Where could he be? Why isn’t he responding?”

“I don’t know Jinnie”

They continued to walk and until they found the place where they left Jongin last.

“He’s got to be around here somewhere” he states as he shines his torch to the centre of the library.

“What’s that!?” Jinhye exclaims when his torch quickly passed something unusual.

“What’s what?” he asks.

“Shine the torch back to the left a bit” she says and he does with both their eyes glued.

“There! Is that…Is that him! It’s his arm!” she says and quickly breaks her hand away from Junmyeon and runs up to the figure.

“Yah! I said don’t let go!” he said as he quickly followed her.

“Jongin-ah! Are you okay?” she says as she kneels down near his body that is covered with debris from the roof. Thankfully, it was only plaster so she could easily move it off him to show his full body. He’s real, he’s not a manifestation anymore!

“Junmyeon! I think he’s hurt! He’s not waking up!” she panics as she places his head on her knees. At that moment Junmyeon kneels alongside her and assesses the situation. Jinhye continuously tries to wake him up by shaking him on the shoulder and softly calling out him, but none of it works.

“We’ve got to take him to the hospital, this is beyond my level of understanding”

“B-but how will we explain everything?”

“We won’t, we’ll just say we found him like this” Junmyeon said as he began to pick the limp body up, Jinhye took the other side and they hurriedly made their way out of the library and into Junmyeons car.

“Please be okay Jongin” Jinhye cried as she cradled his head in her arms. It was originally supposed to be a happy moment for the two of them, they’ve wanted to touch and feel each other for the longest time… But Jongins not even conscious right now, there is nothing happy about this situation. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ahhh Okay, I originally thought of a million different ways this plot could turn. 
-Jongin going back to the 60's
-Jongin was a ghost all along
-Jongin got transported to the other side of the world
-Jongin was still trapped in between the time vortext but he could leave the library- but Jinhye would only be able to see glimpses 
-Junmyeon was way to jealous of Jongin and purposely messed with everything so the thing wouldn't work
-Jongin woke up from a coma he was in
and many more

But I think I like this turn better, it gives me more options to take the story because I don't know what more I could talk about with time travel.

Thanks for the support guys. I LOVE YOU