Sickness. The bathroom. The kiss.

Paranormal Boy

Chapter 18

By the time Jongin and Jinhye arrived home, the darkness of the night was what greeted them as they stepped out of the car. Jinhye was still worried about Jongin as he still wasn’t well so she absentmindedly walked over and gave him more support to which he gratefully smiled at her.  Junmyeon felt out of place with the couple and felt his heart crack a tinge, but shook the feeling and silently followed behind them into the house.

“Junmyeon, can you guide Jongin to the bathroom? I feel like a shower will do him good” Jinhye asks as she moves closer to Junmyeon.

“Yeah of course” he said and proceeded to take Jongin to the destination.

“I don’t need your help” Jongin said as he unsteadily breaks away from Junmyeon to walk by himself once. Junmyeon scoffs at his childish attitude. The nerve of this guy.

“And I don’t have to help you but I’m doing this for Jinhye not you”. Junmyeon spitefully replied. No matter what I do with this guy, he’s always going to hate me.

“Just leave okay, I’m not so weak that I need help from you” Jongin continued but before he could take one more step his mind went black and he stumbled over but Junmyeon saved him before he could hit the floor.

“You Jackass, stop acting like a jealous little kid and actually realise what’s happening to you” Junmyeon said to the delirious Jongin who could barely keep his eyes open and his legs steady.

Jongin just huffed in reply and allowed Junmyeon to guide him the rest of the way.

“Okay sit there for a second” Junmyeon said as he placed Jongin on the toilet with the seat closed. Junmyeon then proceeded to run the bath for him.

Jongin really didn’t know what was going on through Junmyeon’s brain. Why does he even care for me? We’re supposed to hate each other, not take care of me when I’m sick.

Once the bath was run, Junmyeon gestured for Jongin to hop in.

“You can’t be serious?” Jongin spoke.

“About what?” Junmyeon asked confusedly.

“I am not getting undressed when you are still in here”

“Dude, I can’t just not be in here, what if you collapse and hit your head on something? Jinhye would never forgive me if that happened”

“Well ‘dude’, and assume that’s a term used for males. I find it highly uncomfortable to be in the presence of another male or ‘dude’ while . Furthermore, I am confident that I will not collapse this time and if I do, I will just call out” Jongin replied in his serious intellectual tone.

“Jongin please you’re being hysterical, I will turn around and face the corner if that makes you feel better. I know it's a weird situation but I have to make sure y won't fall”.

“As if! Just leave! I don’t want you in here!” Jongin screamed out which shocked Junmyeon. Jongin had never been that angry before. Sure he’s raised his voice a couple of times but never has he used that dark cold tone.

Junmyeon didn’t want to argue and he just nodded his head and left the room.

“What’s wrong with him? Aish if that guy dies in there I’m gonna kill him” Junmyeon said to himself as he made his way back to Jinhye.

Jongin on the other side had his palms in his face, he really didn’t want to react that way but his mind was already a mess and now that he was sick, it just amplified everything. Shaking his thoughts away he horridly got undressed and hopped into the bath. It was nice and warm and the thick soap bubbles covered him like a blanket. He then sunk himself under the water for a few seconds, he felt like it would clear his mind…and it did.       

Once he came back up he instantly became refreshed he wiped the water and soap from his face and slicked his hair back. He then proceeded to lay hi head down on the edge of the bath and closed his eyes.

Time passed, he was almost going to drift off to dreamland when he was awoken by the knock of the door. He flickered his eyes open and was about to yell at Junmyeon but he stopped when he heard Jinhye.

“Jongin?” she called.

“Y-yeah?”

“Ah, I’m just telling you that your clothes are at the door and I’ve made some dinner for you if you are hungry” she explained. Jongin smiled at that, she was literally the perfect girl. She is so kind and caring and so, so beautiful. My God she is beautiful, inside and out.

“Oh Okay, I will be out in a minute” he managed to reply and steadily got out of the bath and wrapped a towel around his waist.

He then opened the door only to find Jinhye still there with the clothes still in her hand. The both of them were stunned for a second but Jongin gratefully smiled and grabbed the clothes from her hands.

“Thank you” he said while looking deeply into her eyes. Was it mentioned that they were close? No? Well they were extremely close. So close that Jinhye could feel the heat of Jongin’s skin and the warm droplets of water that were sliding down his tan muscular torso. One of the droplets even fell onto her hand.

“Your welcome” she managed to say and quickly turned around to walk the other way. What in heaven’s name did I just see! His body is a sin! His everything is a sin! What I would do to be one of those water droplets- Wait what! Did I just wish to be a droplet of water on Kim Jongin’s skin?

Jongin was left standing there with the door open but he smirked because he knew what he had just done. Women must really love men’s bodies like those magazines said.

///

Jinhye was busy plating their dinner, Junmyeon left beforehand and now it was just her and Jongin.

“Be calm Jinnie, it’s just Jongin. And even though he looks like a god, he is still the innocent nerdy scientist inside who doesn’t know a thing about seduction” she said as she tried to calm herself.

But she was wrong, Jongin found her magazines a few days ago and he read through every single one of them. It was safe to say that Jongin was now not as innocent minded as she so thought. He knew what women liked these days, he knew that he fit the category of ‘hot’, most importantly he had somehow learnt the art of seduction.

“Smells good” Jongin said as he walked around the corner dressed in his nightwear. 

“Mm I made Chicken soup, I heard it’s the best thing to use to nurse people back to health” she replied as she placed the bowels on the dining table. She was about to turn around to go back to the kitchen but she was stopped when she ran into Jongin’s hard chest.

“Omo! Why are you there?” she asks surprised. Jongin smirked and leaned forward so they were now face to face. Jinhye gulped, they were in a heart stopping situation right now. He continued to lean forward and her mind flashed back to a few hours ago with Junmyeon on the Ferris wheel. Jongin was doing the same thing, but she didn’t feel the same way. This time she knew what she wanted and wasn’t confused with her heart. She wanted Jongin to kiss her, she loved Jongin as a man and not a brother like she did with Junmyeon.

Jongin noticed the various amount of facial expressions that Jinhye was making and decided not to torment her anymore. He quickly dove in and gave her a peck on the cheek.

“Thank you for making me dinner” he said and turned back to go sit in his seat. Jinhye just stared at him in shock. Her mind was blank. She wanted to be angry but she was bursting with happiness. She wanted him to take her lips with his but he pecked her cheek instead. To say she was disappointed was an understatement but at the same time she was grateful for his sincerity and his innocent peck.

Not wanting to look dumbstruck anymore she quickly walked back to the kitchen to carry on what she needed to do, but when Jongin couldn’t see her she brought her hand up to her cheek and blushed bright red. Jongin kissed me! Even though it’s probably inside of friendship, a kiss is a kiss.

Jongin on the other hand chuckled when he saw her reaction of running away to the kitchen. He desperately wanted to kiss her soft pink lips so bad but he was still sick and he didn’t want her to catch his sickness. He also has thought about it a lot. If he was going to have her, he would have to be a successful man, just like the magazines stated. He was going to get a job and become independent. He was going to become a man worthy of asking her to be his, it may take a while but the end result will be worth it. In the mean time he’s gotta to keep her hooked, he can’t let Junmyeon steal her form under his nose.

Just wait Jinnie, there will come a time when I will be your lover, I will kiss you every day when that happens. Wait for me to become a man that you can depend on to protect and care for you.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ewwww Is this considered cheesy fluff? haha I don't know
And as we all know, a fanfic ain't dramatic without a plot twist. I'm currently trying to think of one but it's really hard because Jinkai are just starting to display their feelings and i dont want to ruin it. ahhh

Please tell me what you think (: