You Won

Paranormal Boy

Chapter 22

The next morning, they woke up in each other's arms. No they didn’t go anything beyond making out but they mutually agreed to sleep next to one another in her bed.  Kai woke up first and he was undoubtedly delighted to see the face of his beautiful girlfriend laying her sleeping head against his chest. His arms tightened around her when the memories from last night flashed in his head. Everything that happened last night was not a dream it was real, having her in his loving arms right night was proof. The reality form him was unbelievable, last night they confessed to each other with deep kisses and all. He almost cringed from the actions with embarrassment, although Kai seemed so confident and suave about it, in his mind he was screaming out in anxiety. He is literally a 22-year-old with no experience with women whatsoever. Should I kiss her like this or like that? How do I hold her? Where do I touch her? Am I being too rough?  Once more is that he had no clue how Jinhye was going to react to his bold moves, for all he knew she could have kicked him out of the house for kissing her, claiming that he was ually assaulting her. Even though I don’t think Jinnie would have done that…it was still a possibility.

It was such a dumb move at the time but luckily it ended up as one of the best thing he's ever done; and he’s accomplished many things in life. When she kissed him back the world around him felt like it was not even real anymore.

Kissing you and being with you was as if I was beamed into a transcendental existence where your lips were the power source and if I ever lost contact, the feeling would be lost and I would fade into the darkness of reality. He thought as he stared at her cute small face and long black hair.

 For him this was a passionate moment, waking up with her in his arms was a magical feeling.  The way her little nose wrinkled from the increased movement of his chest was enough to have him grin like a Cheshire cat.  Her movement to snuggle closer to him made it easier to see the contrast of their skin, hers was a pale as snow while his was so tanned and bronze. Technically his skin was ugly in the eyes of many, even his mum said he would be lucky to find a pretty girl with his skin. But somehow he had found someone who was as beautiful as the moon and stars combined who had accepted him for who he is a loved him no matter what he looked like.

Right now, he felt like his life was complete, with the arms that were encircling her right now, he could protect her. From now on he had a physical body to keep her warm and safe, back in his time they would have already been married by now and he would have taken up the position to be her strong, loyal husband who would take upon the role as head male. But alas, he is not in that time period anymore, nowadays relationships were taken slow and it wasn’t called ‘courting’ it was now known as ‘dating’; a new age concept where a man and woman go out on a series of outings in the hopes of discovering if they indeed would like to spend the rest of their life with this person.

“But I already have a deep, unbreakable love you Jinnie and my feelings for you will never change. I don’t want to date I want to call you my wife but I must act normally if I want to live a normal life…and that means waiting... But no matter, whether you have the status of my girlfriend or wife; I will still love you unconditionally” he whispered to her and then hovered over her to place a short kiss on her lips.

As soon as he did that, Jinhye became restless in his arms, a clear sign that she was going to be awakening any minute. Kai didn't know what to do. Would he say something? Would he just stare at her? Should he act like he was asleep? He had no clue, those magazines never told him anything about what to do at this point in time. Before he could even think of an answer to his anxiety, her eyes fluttered open. When he saw her dark enticing brown eyes staring right back at him, he felt as if the wind had been knocked out of his chest and could not breathe. He’s always known she was beautiful; everyone knew she was beautiful even if she couldn’t see it herself. But the way she looked right now was what made her seem like no matter how many girls would walk into Jongin’s life, no-one would amount to the amount of natural beauty this girl below him possesses.

“Morning” she says weakly in her sleepy voice.

“Morning” Jongin replied staring down upon her with a smile on his face. She’s definitely the girl for me… Sorry Junmyeon.

It was at this moment that Jongin had remembered the rivalry between him and Junmyeon. He had been so incapacitated with his emotions the previous night that he totally forgot that he had won. The girl of both of their affection was now his and he didn’t know how Junmyeon would react. Everything happened so fast, he almost felt sorry that he didn’t get much of a chance.

But I suppose I saved him from heart ache, Jinnie confessed that she had always had feelings for me…Junmyeon didn’t stand a chance in the first place. She was always going to be mine.

“What are you thinking about?” Jinhye asked as she brought up her hand to brush through his unkempt hair. Jongin quickly shook his head in assurance that it was nothing and quickly zoomed down to unsuspectingly peck her on the lips.

“I’m thinking of how lucky I am to have you” he says and that was enough to make the girl blush four shades of red.

“Yah, you’re not gonna turn into a cheesy grease ball now are you?” she playfully criticizes.

“And what’s wrong with that? Can’t I dote that I now have a beautiful girlfriend that I would literally do anything for?” he says as he tackles her into a hug, encapsulating her in his firm grasp. Jinhye squeaked and squirmed about as she tried to get away but ended up with them playfully wrestling each other on the bed.  

“Jongin! Stop! Or I will break up with you!” she screams and he immediately stops and looks up at her with a glint in his eyes.

“Yahh, you can’t break up with me! Last time I checked, you’re completely in love with me! And people who are in love with each other to break away they get closer and closer. I bet if I were to walk out that door right now you would come running after me” he argued as he chuckled and pointed to the bedroom door. She laughed along with him until she brought him closer and brought him into a kiss.

“Damn that smart brain of yours. You’re right, I can’t give you up” she said when she broke the kiss.

“Well I-“ Jongin was about to say something but he was cut off by the ring of the doorbell. Someone was here. Both of the simultaneously thought why someone had to be here, it ruined their cute morning in together.

Jongin sighs as he starts to wriggle of the bed.

“I will get it” he says and leans down to peck Jinhye on the nose before turning around and running to the door.

Now that Jinhye was lying in the bed alone, she finally had time to think. So much had happened in the past few hours that she felt like it was only now that she could get off the roller coaster of emotion and think.

Her Jongin..
Jongin is hers to love and cherish now and at the same time, she is his. He had loved her back with as much affection and feeling as she did. She couldn’t help but think she was lucky. All those years ago, she thanks whatever entity made her enter that library. She thanks that her obsession with the paranormal led her to meet him again.

She’s so incredibly thankful that Jongin is here to stay, alive and well.

///

Jongin was grunting in him mind as he made his way to the front door. Who could possibly be here! It’s a Saturday for goodness sakes!

When he finally opened the door, it was a mixture of surprise and uneasiness.

“Yo, what up” Junmyeon said as he stepped inside the house without being asked in.

“Yah, who gave you permission to enter the house?” Jongin asked irritated by his attitude.

“Jongin can you please make an effort to not be angry 24/7, I mean we’ve known each other for a decent amount of time now, can you act civil?” Junmyeon said a bit agitated, which was way out of character.

“What drugs are you on? Why are you being so weird?” Jongin asked slightly concerned.

“Oh I dunno, I’ve got a lot on my mind!” he snaps. Jongin at this point knew something was wrong, Junmyeon was way out of character right now.

“Yah, Junmyeon. What’s wrong? There’s clearly something bothering you” Jongin sincerely asked in a tone that was almost sympathetic.

At that moment, Junmyeon brings up his hand that was holding onto something. It was Jinhye’s bag. Without warning tears started to fall from Junmyeon’s eyes.

“I- Jinhye left this in the car last night” he began “I was half way home until I realised it was there and I turned around and came back…When I knocked on the door, no one answered, so I turned the door knob and it was open” Junmeon in hair but his emotions got the best of him and he covered his hands with his eyes.

“Congratulations Jongin…You won. You have her heart” he muttered through his tears.

Jongin finally realised what happened, Junmyeon had caught him and Jinhye yesterday. I don’t know why but…I feel guilty.

It takes a lot of pain for a man to openly cry in front of another- especially when you were rivals.

Junmyeon was broken and Jongin felt like he stabbed Junmyeon though the heart.

“I’m sorry”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ahhhh Oh my god guysss! I feel like I did a horrible thing to suho :(
I hope you enjoy the chap and im sorry for a late update. 

I'm currently in my lasts weeks of uni and really need to study for exams, so it might be 3 weeks or more until I can update again 
Thank you for reading xx