Time?

Paranormal Boy

 

Chapter 5

“Jinhye… do you think I could of messed things up with the time projector? Like what if instead of going to the past and seeing its projections… what if I accidently went to the future and made myself a projection?” he horridly asked. He didn’t know if what he said was possible but right now anything seemed legit, he was a ghost for example, ghosts are not supposed to be real.

“Yah, are you saying that you accidently sent yourself to the future but your trapped between time and reality? And that you never died in the first place and therefore is not a ghost?” she shockingly questioned. At first she thought he was joking but after seeing the serious look on his face, she knew otherwise.

“Well what else could explain me? You said it yourself last week, I’m the first real ghost that can appear and communicate with the living as if I was human myself. All other evidence of possible ghosts is found in EVP’s, thermal sensors and videos of things moving. I’m an anomaly, I’m not a ghost”

“No! you can’t be; not even todays scientists have been able to understand anything about time travel. It’s theoretically impossible and todays equipment is far more specialised than what it was 50 years ago, it’s impossible that you time travelled even to an extent” she responded back.

“So you don’t believe I time travelled but you believe that there’s ghosts in this world which are as well ‘theoretically impossible!’” he said as he paced from side to side with his head down

“I only believed in ghosts because I believed in what you are! Before that I was sceptical as well! But come on Jongin, time travel? Just think about what that means!” Jinhye shouted out in frustration.

“I very well know what it means, and I’m very well going to believe it and get myself out of this place. Why are you being so pessimistic about all of this, you should be happy that I have a scientific explanation as to why I’m here” he asked with a tone of hurt. Deep inside he was hurt that she was disagreeing with him. She has been his support line but now the line is snapping.

“Because… I don’t want you to be disappointed. Okay, maybe the time travel thing did happen but what if it’s not the case. The look on your face before showed so much hope and I truly did want to believe everything you were saying but you’ve got to think rationally. I don’t want to see you hurt again when you realise all along that you were a ghost”. She explained with tears running down her face. Jongin just stared at her full of emotions. All the doubt he had in his heart faded as he realised why she was protesting him. She cares for him deeply, and she doesn’t want to see him breakdown again.

“I’m sorry…you’re right, I didn’t think about the outcomes” he said as he too had tear falling from his eye.

“Jongin…I’ve been in some pretty terrible situations throughout my life, but this is probably the worst”

“Why?” he asked nervously. He didn’t want to be the cause of any of her unhappiness.

“Because I can’t hug you. We both need a hug right now but we can’t” she explained. Jongin chuckled at her response, greatly relieved that it wasn’t anything serious.

“Jinnie, I wish I could hug you too but why don’t you just try. I know you won’t feel me but it’s something right?” she nodded at his question and took a step forward. She walked up to the apparition and rigidly circled her arms around him whilest laying her head to the side of his chest, even though she could only feel thin air. Jongin did the same, he encased his arms around her even though he couldn’t feel her.  

“Jinnie, I want you to know you’re one of the most amazing people I’ve ever met. Thank you for helping me, thank you for caring for me and thank you for just being you” he spoke his mind sincerely. Jinhye could feel the emotion in his tone and it made her smile as she retracted her hands and brought them up to hold his cheek.

“I’m thankful I met you too jongin, I was so lonely until we met. You are just as amazing” she said as she got on her tip toes a placed a kiss on his cheek, even though there wasn’t anything to kiss. Jongin couldn’t feel anything but a strange sensation rush throughout his body, his heart started beating as his stomach did a flip. Jinhye on the other hand blushed when she realised what she just did.

They were silent for a while since they were too caught up with their feelings, but there was one thing for sure. Jongin was going to get out of this place and fix up what he did wrong. He had one dream at the end of this. He wanted to hug her, he wanted to kiss her on the cheek, he couldn't explain what he felt when he looked her but it just felt right.