He awakens

Paranormal Boy

Chapter 27

Jinhye had been sitting in the hospital room for a few hours now, Jongin still not showing signs of waking up anytime soon. Although she didn’t want to feel this way, she had to admit she was bored. There was only so much a woman could do while waiting for her unconscious boyfriend to wake up.

“How did you do it Jongin? Living so many isolated years in the library? I’m surprised you didn’t go crazy. I read on many forums that ghosts turn evil because they are lonely and they go insane  and lose their last ounce of humanity from the isolation” she said out loud, having a one sided conversation with him.

“But of course you are a very smart man, I bet you spent your time figuring out equations or whatever that scientist brain of yours does. But you can be extremely dumb sometimes, like your fight with Junmyeon. I can’t believe both of you were fighting over me, it explains your bipolar moods in the library. One minute you were happy and the next you were glaring at me as if I killed your dog. You’re worse than a jealous teenage girl on her period, like that’s some serious high school drama . I thought your maturity would have been well developed right now but no, you two had to act like little boys and look where it has gotten you, unconscious on a hospital bed. I swear if you wrote an autobiography on your life, no one would believe its real, its full of so much crazy and I-“ she was about to continue but she was cut off by a dry voice.

“I kinda expected to wake up to my loving girlfriend, not a raging demon” Jongin spoke as he fluttered his eyes open and began taking his mask off, shocking Jinhye into oblivion.

“Oh my gosh!!!” she screamed and jumped off her chair and leaned over the bed to be closer to him.

“Jongin, you’re awake! I was so worried about you. Don’t leave me ever again you idiot” she exlaimed as she started to cry. Seeing her loved one awake and okay overwhelmed her too much and now she was an emotional wreck.

Seeing Jinhye like this, Jongin’s heart tightened. Even though he was the one in physical pain, he felt extremely sorry for putting so much emotional pain on her. In one swift movement his arm came around her body and dragged her down towards his chest where he hugged her tightly.

“I’m sorry Jinnie, I’m so sorry” he spoke and proceeded to kiss the crown of her head.

“You scared me so much!” she muffled, her words almost being unclear because of her hoarse voice.

“I know, I know and I’m sorry” he apologised again and rubbed her back in comfort. Never Again, He thought. Never would he want to be in this situation again, never does he want to see his love crying, never again does he want to be in pain.

After a few minutes of sobbing, Jinhye finally came to and pulled away from Jongin’s embrace. Her eyes were puffy and read, nose was running and her hair was a mess. She was embarrassed to say the least so she reached over behind her to grab a few tissues off the side tabled and cleaned her face. Jongin was looking at her He must think I’m so ugly right now, but those thoughts went out the window when he smiled at her and softly spoke the words “I love you”.

She giggled because those words made her heart flutter and made her happy. He laughed as well, seeing her happy again took a big weight off his shoulders.

“I love you too” she responded and leaned forward to place an innocent kiss on his lips. Jongin however, wanted more and captured her lips with his teeth when she was about to pull away. Jinhye was shocked at first but she soon melted into his kiss. Things got more passionate as he grasped he head and pushed her face against his lips for better friction but JInhye pulled away quickly in fear of injuries.

“Why?” he asked confused as to why their session had stopped so abruptly, lips pouting as if his favourite candy was taken off of him.

“Awhh poor baby” she cooed and placed a quick peck on his cheek.

“I don’t know if you noticed but you are in a hospital bed sporting all kinds of wounds and injuries, if we went any further you could have seriously injured yourself again” she scolded playfully.

“I’m sure they’re not that bad, I can hardly feel anything”

“On the contrary Mr. Kim, your injuries are not to be taken lightly, and vigorous movement could put you in relapse” came a voice from the other side of the room surprising the couple.

“Oh Jongdae, Jongin just woke up, I was going to come find you in a minute” Jinhye greeted with a wide smile. Jongin feeling a pinch of jealousy from seeing her smiling so widely for another man.

“Ah Jongin, how nice to finally meet you” Jongdae said as he walked up to the bed. “I’m the doctor who operated on you and let me tell you, you do not want to reopen your wounds” he said in a warning tone.

“Is that so doctor? Exactly what injuries do I have?” Jongin asked.

“Well you’ve got a broken leg, a few broken ribs, internal wounds that lead to internal bleeding and some head trauma. We worried that you might have awoken with amnesia but I can see that you have no problems with your memory” Jongdae explained.

Hearing about his injuries made him sick to the stomach, his whole body is wrecked. On top of that he had chances of developing amnesia? He would never forgive himself if that happened.

“Thank you for saving me, I can’t thank you enough” Jongin thanked, extremely grateful for what the doctor had done for him.

“Also Jongin there was something weird that came up on our serology results from a blood test, you have received no immunisations to any disease that are usually compulsory in your childhood years. Is there a specific reason why?”

“No, I really don’t know why, I think it’s because they were not common where I was from, is that a problem?” he answered.

“Well it’s not a huge concern since it’s a decision made by you, but it’s highly advised you get yourself vaccinated as there are strains of pathogens going around lately that you are highly susceptible to, especially now since your immune system defence is very low”

“Okay thanks, I will look into it” 

“Alright that will be it from me, the nurse will be in later to give you food and you will have to have a sponge bath as it is dangerous for you to shower just yet” he informed with a small smirk.

“S-sponge bath?” Jongin stuttered.

“Yep, the nurse will come in, undress you and bathe you with a sponge”

Jongin wanted to die, not literally but having a random person wipe over your body killed inside. He looked over to Jinhye with eyes pleading for her to say something, but she said nothing and just like that the doctor was gone.

“Yah why didn’t you say something? I don’t want to have some old women looking at my body, do you know how embarrassing that is?” he whined.

“Toughen up butter cup, this is your punishment for acting so foolishly” she said and giggled at the look on his face once she said that.

“I can’t believe I am in love with such a devious woman who will laugh at her boyfriend’s misery!” he exclaimed.

“Oh Jonginnie, this is life. What would you rather? Being clean or me not going anywhere near you because you smell?” she asked with a smirk.

“When I’m clean, you better give me so much affection and say that you love me every minute!” he huffed and crossed his arms. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Another update!
I'm not going to be evil with amnesia because this is a fluffy story.
Jongin is so cuutee aha