A whole new world

Paranormal Boy

Chapter 16

“So now that your officially discharged from hospital, what do you want to do? You’ve got the whole 21st century to explore” Jinhye said as she walked with Jongin out the hospital doors while linking her arms with his.

“Um maybe some new clothes of this era? I mean look at me I’ve been wearing these clothes literally since the 60’s” Jongin replied as he gestured to the long of date flared trousers and a long white lab coat.

“Right! Yes, let’s get you looking like a 22-year-old boy from this decade. Jinhye announced as she pulled him along the street in the direction of the nearest shopping mall.

Jinhye still didn’t have a car and only used legs to walk around but she didn’t mind… and Jongin didn’t either. For the first time in a long time, he felt free. He could breathe in the fresh air, he could feel the warmth of the blazing sun and not to mention everything was completely new and interesting to him. The cars were different, the technology was absolutely revolutionary and even the fashion was much more futuristic.

After walking through numerous streets and pathways they finally made it to the mall.

“Okay Jongin! This mall has everything you need and more! We’ll start of by getting clothes and then shoes and then all the other stuff you will need like a toothbrush. You with me?” she beamed excitedly. Truthfully, she always wanted to go on a big shopping spree with a friend of some sort but since she hasn’t had any friends so she never had the opportunity…until today.

“Ohh come in here!” she exclaimed as she pulled him inside a men’s clothing shop. The sales clerk who noticed the couple enter came up to them with a smile on his face.

“Hello there, lovelies, what brings you here today?” the clerk asked happy and bubbly. Jongin looked at me for an answer and I just smiled at the clerk.

“Well he needs a whole wardrobe makeover, have I come to the right place?” she asked the man who looked at Jongin up and down.

“My, my, my, what in God’s name are you wearing! It’s a crime to fashion” The man stated trying to make a joke to which Jinhye laughed but Jongin was still awkward.

“Anyways honey, come with me” he said as he grabbed Jongin’s arm and pulled him along the store.

“Okay first things first, take off that lab coat, it’s distracting me” the man ordered and Jongin hesitantly slid it off and gave it the man to which he through behind his back as if it were trash.

“Mmmhmm, your hotness rating just scaled up by removing that horrid thing. Girl, you’ve got yourself a hunk of spunk here” the guy hollered at Jinhye who just blushed in embarrassment.

“Okay what’s your name sweetie?” he asked Jongin.

“Ahh Jongin” Jongin replied obviously creeped out by the man in front of him.

“Ohh what a strong name…Okay tell you what, you wait here with your girlfriend and I will find some outfits for you. Because boy, it would be a crime if I let you step out of my tore looking like that!” he said and walked away to find him some clothes.

Jongin really didn’t know what just happened, he’s never experienced anything like that before. That man acted as if he were attracted to me…surely not.

Jinhye noticed Jongin’s confused expression and immediately knew why he looked like that.

“You alright Jongin?” she asked

“Yeah umm is that what normal guys act like these days?”

“Haha no, it’s because he’s gay” she revealed but Jongin still looked like he didn’t understand.

“Gay?”

“It means when one is attracted to the same …homoual”

“What? That’s a thing nowadays?” He asked astonished. Oh please got let him be open minded.

“Yeah, it’s always been a taboo thing in this country but the world changes and so does people’s views, morals and values. I for one am not bothered by it, you can’t help who you fall in love with”. I mean I literally fell in love with a ghost.

“Is that so?” he said failing to look at her as he was staring at the ground lost in his thoughts.

“You’re not against it are you? I mean I know people from the 60’s would have avoided and been more discriminative towards this topic but I hope you understand that these people are humans too” she said looking up to Jongin hoping to get the reaction she wanted.

“I- I mean, it’s weird but…I can’t hate or anything as you said, you can’t help who you fall in love with” he looked up at her with a smile on his face. I fell in love with you and I’m more than 70 years old. I could be your grandpa by now.

“Okay! Jongin I got some really stylish things for you to try on” the man said as he came up to Jongin and placed a bunch of clothes in his hand.

“Just go through there and you will find a changing room” he said as he pointed to a place behind the wall”

“O-okay” Jongin nodded and turned around, looking back at Jinhye once for reassurance.

///

“How do I look?” Jongin said as he came out all in black. Black skinny jeans, black shirt and black leather jacket.

Oh my God! Help me! He’s so good looking! Is this what it feels like for your ovaries to explode uhh.

Jongin just stood there awkwardly shuffling his stance from one foot to the other while he felt Jinhye’s eyes staring at him as if he was being exposed.

“Boy! Don’t you look handsome! Your body proportions are perfect” the store clerk complimented.

“Uh Thanks I guess” Jongin replied rubbing the back of his neck.

Jinhye still hadn’t said anything yet since she was still mesmerised. Kim Jongin! Just what genetic gene pool did you fall into? It almost hurts to look at you!

“W-wow Jongin, you really do look handsome!” Jinhye managed to comment despite her internal fangirling.

“You think so?” he asked with a giant smile on his face. She thinks I’m handsome? That’s a plus right?

“Absolutely! We’re definitely buying this” she responded.

“Perfect!” The clerk clapped and ushered Jongin back into the stall.

“Got try more on boy, you almost killed your girlfriend back there with your good looks” he whispered to Jongin.

“Ahh she…she’s not my girlfriend. We’re just friends”

“Are you kidding me right now, you two look at each other with so much love even a child would notice. Do me a favour and get that girl before someone else comes a sweeps her off her feet”.

“She likes me?” Jongin asked curiously.

“Oh honey, like is an understatement” the clerk said as he playfully pushed Jongin back into the changing rooms. Do you really feel that way for me Jinhye?

And just like that they day passed with Jongin trying on different clothes and Jinhye buying whatever looked good on him…which was pretty much everything.

///

“Okay I don’t know about you but I’m starving” Jinhye groaned as they walked down the street with their hands filled with shopping bags.

“Yeah, I am actually starting to get hungry. What did you have in mind to eat?”

“Uh… Why don’t you decide?”

“Oh um I would love to decide but I don’t know many options…McDonalds?”

“McDonalds! Omg I totally forgot about that, I promised to take you remember!” She exclaimed as she grabbed his hand and pulled him along with her to the direction of the nearest McDonalds.

Jongin face heated at the touch of her hand on his. He knows that it’s a bit petty of a 22-year guy who’s been alive for 70 years to blush at holding a girl’s hand but…it’s just something that only Jinhye can do to him.

///

“Okay I’m starting you off with a nice and simple cheeseburger and fries” Jinhye said as she placed the tray off food in front of them.

Once Jongin got his food he started to unwrap the paper and finally held the small burger in his hands. He brought it up to his lips and looked over at Jinhye who gave him a nod and he finally opened his mouth and took a bite. As he chewed on it, Jinhye eagerly watched Jongin’s face looking for any kind of reaction.

“Well?” She asked as he swallowed the bit of burger.

“It’s okay I guess, it’s not fantastic but it’s okay” he replied as he took another bite.  

“Of course, it’s probably the blandest thing on the menu, but it’s a classic. Here try this one it’s a Big Mac, there’s heaps more flavour in this one” she said as she gave him the box that help the Big Mac,

“How much did you buy? I swear you’ve spent so much money on me today I don’t know how to repay you” It’s supposed to be the man’s jobs that pays for the girl, not the other way around.

“It’s fine Jongin, I’m a millionaire. I can afford to spoil you for one day” she reassured him with pat on the shoulder.

“This burger is good by the way” he spoke up as he took a second bite into the burger.

“Yay! At least I know there’s something you like here” she said as she took a bite into her own burger, not noticing the sauce that smudged across her lip.

“You’ve got a little something here” he said as he pointed at his own lip. Jinhye widened her eyes in embarrassment as she covered with her hand to block Jongin’s view. Oh how embarrassing! Not cool SO not cool.

Jongin chuckled at her reaction and brought her hand down as he picked up a napkin with his other hand and wiped the sauce away. The act was literally what you see in drama’s and Jinhye was unsure if it was real or not. Either way, her heart was beating as if it was going to pound out of her chest.

“Th-thanks”

“No problem”

And with that they continued to eat their fairly pricey McDonalds meal until bother of ther bellies were stuffed.

“I feel like I’m gonna be put into a food coma” Jongin said.

“Yeah, well I feel like I’m gonna give birth, I don’t know how pregnant ladies survive months of this. C’mon I need to walk this off” she said as she stood up from the table and held her stomach as if she really were pregnant.

Jongin couldn’t help but think what if he had a life with her. Where he would be the husband who cared for her and took her to McDonalds when she had cravings because of his child that was growing in her stomach.

Damn Jongin stop thinking of such things! It’s downright weird and insane.

///

As they couple were walking back home, Jongin thought about confessing. If what the store clerk said was true and she loved him too, they could be happy together but…what if that guy was wrong? He’d risk everything they’ve built together.

They were now walking down Jinhye’s street and he felt like his courage was wearing each time they took a step forward. So without thinking he grabbed onto Jinhye’s arm and pulled her back. Startling her.

“Hey Jongin, what’s wrong?” she asked concerned.  

“U-Um I…. There’s something I need to tell you” he spoke timidly.

“What is it? Can we talk about it inside the house?”

“No, no I need to do it now”

“Okay then what’s on your mind?”

“Jinnie, uh you’ve been with me for a while now, and I’ve always kept you close to my heart since you were the only person who talked to me in over 70 years, and for that I am so thankful. But along the way something changed…” This is it, just say that you love her.

“Changed? What are you on about Jongin?” I’m so confused, what’s he trying to say?

Jongin took grip on both of her hands and squeezed them tightly trying to get rid of the nerves.

“What I’m trying to say is…is that…” Dammit Jongin man up and say it!

“Is that I lo-”

“Jinhye! Jongin!” came the call of a male voice and cut Jongin off.  They both turned startled by the voice only to find Junmyeon running up to them.

“Jinhye I’ve been waiting for you two to come back home for ages!” he exclaimed.

“Oh sorry, I took Jongin on a bit of a shopping spree and it went way over time” she explained as she held up the bags.

 “Oh I see…” and then he turned to Jongin “How have you been?” he discerningly asked with a wicked smile on his face.

Jongin noticed the look on his face and tightened his jaw. This bastard knew I was going to confess…and he ruined it.

“Great” Jongin replied with a hint of annoyance but not enough for Jinhye to catch onto.

Sorry Jongin, I can’t let you have her that easily, because I love her too. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

WoooW I didn't expect this chapter to be so long aha! Ahhh
Honestly I was going to have Jongin confess right then and there but since I kind of didn't let Suho have a chance I felt it was pretty unfair. 
Soo! Thanks for reading and I hoped you liked the chapter!

 

This is what he looked like btw
4a3e910ffbf61d9742ded623b9ae7418.jpg