When the two guys meet

Paranormal Boy

Chapter 10

“Hey Junmyeon” she said as she sat down at her side of the table. Once Jinhye had called Junmyeon, he gladly agreed and had arranged to meet up a café in town.

“Oh hey Jinhye!” he greeted with a large smile, he was honestly so happy that she called because it meant he’s not trying for nothing.

“Um okay, the reason I asked you here is because I need your help” when the words came out of he immediately thought the worst.

“Okay… What do you need help with? Is it serious? Are you dying? Are you pregnant?”

“What!? No! No! It’s not anything like that!” she said embarrassed. How could he think I was pregnant?

“Oh okay, I’m sorry; I usually tend to jump the gun sometimes haha”

“Aha It’s fine but anyways, It’s not me who needs help…it’s Jongin” Junmyeon was taken back by her response. If it Jinhye that was in trouble, he would gladly help but some random guy? Especially when the guy doesn’t have the audacity to come and ask for help himself.

“What does he need help with?”

“Ah well you see, this is where it gets a bit complicated and you might not even believe me but do you remember that story I told you about the ghost in the Library?” she asked.

“Yeah, I remember. You were quite serious about it too”

“Well anyway, a couple of months ago I went back to Library just to check that my mind wasn’t playing tricks on me. I waited there and I was almost going to give up but then he spoke. That ghost in the Library is still there Junmyeon”. Junmyeon didn’t know what to think, he wanted to believe but as a scientist it went against his ideologies.

“Okay…and that ghost is still there?”

“Yes, I visit him every day. At first I thought he was just a voice but then he was able to manifest into a normal human being”

“He?”

“Yes he, and his name is Jongin”. Junmyeons mind went into overdrive, the guy she had been talking about all along was a ghost? He was jealous of a ghost?

“That makes sense now, so how long has he been there for? How did he die?”

“That’s the thing, at first we both thought that he was a ghost but then we discovered some things and it lead him to believe that he didn’t die in the first place…he time travelled…”

“He what!?” he asked is disbelief.

“Yeah I know it’s hard to believe and I think it might be better if you meet with him yourself. He will be able to explain it better than me”. Junmyeon just stared blankly at her, it’s just too much to process. Jongin was a ghost but now isn’t a ghost because he thinks he time travelled and he needs my help?

////

Somehow Junmyeon agreed to helping and was now at the entrance of the library. Part of him was waiting for cameras to come out and tell him ‘You’ve been pranked!’; but that was highly unrealistic…Who was he kidding!  This whole situation was highly unrealistic.

“Are you ready? I can see from your face that you’re a bit sceptical but trust me once you see Jongin, everything will fall into place” she tried to coax him.

“Okay, let’s just go in. No use in just waiting out here is there?” he asked.

“Yeah, let’s go” she replied and led the way into the library. Once he got to look around, it was exactly how Junmyeon imagined it- creepy and dark.

“Follow me, and don’t be scared” she said as she led him more into the library.

“Jongin!? I’m back! I’ve got Junmyeon with me!” she called out but there was no response. Junmyeon was panicky as his head turned to every corner of the building, scared that something was going to pop up.  Jinhye however was confused as to why Jongin wasn’t showing himself yet. Usually he would be there to greet her as soon as she walked in.

“Jongin?”

“Jinhye…I’m not saying that I don’t believe you, but are you 100% positive that a ghost guy named Jongin is in this library?”

“Yes I’m positive! I don’t know why he’s not showing himself but I swear on my life he is real!”

“You shouldn’t swear things on your life Jinhye, it’s a bad habit” came a voice from across the room. Junmyeon instantly jerked his head towards the voice to see a guy just standing there and looking at them.

“Jongin!” Jinhye smiled as she ran up to him. Junmyeon had no choice but to follow and as soon as he saw Jongins face, his heart dropped a bit. This guy is one handsome dude! How am I supposed to compete with that!?

Jongin smiled at Jinhye and she was relieved to see that his grumpy attitude from before was gone. My Jongin is back!

“Oh Jongin, this is Junmyeon. Junmyeon this is Jongin” she greeted the two. Inside her insides were mushing together as she was nervous at how these two would react to one another.

“Hi Junmyeon, I’ve heard a lot about you from Jinhye here” Jongin started. Jongin knew he had a grudge against Junmyeon, but he also knew he shouldn’t let it get in the way of the bigger picture. Junmyeon from what he perceived was a nice guy, and Jongin had no right to hate on him for that.

“Likewise, Jinhye’s told me some stuff about you that seems pretty unbelievable” Junmyeon continued.

“Well, whatever you’ve heard from her; it’s true. My name is Kim Jongin, I am 22-year-old quantum physicist from the 1960’s. I have no recollection of dying and I have reason to believe that I messed up the time projector I was working on back then and I was warped to the future where I am stuck between reality and time. I need your help because it is my understanding that you are a physicist and Jinnie trusts you therefore, I consider you someone who is trustworthy” he explains to Junmyeon.

Junmyeon just nods his head pretending that he got all of it but truthfully, Jongin spoke to fast for him to think about what he was saying.  

“You didn’t get any of that did you?” Jongin asked with a smile on his face.

“Not a clue” Junmyeon said, relieved that Jongin knew his trouble. 

“It’s okay, come with me” Jongin said as he led him to a white board that Jinhye had bought a couple of days ago.

Jinhye just stayed back and watched them discuss everything. Jongin would be the brains while Junmyeon would write everything down and offer suggestions. Overall she was happy that the two most important people in her life right now were getting along. She was also feeling a bit giddy. What if Jongin’s theory did work and he was restored as a normal human being? Would she have a chance with him?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hey! New chapter! woohoo!
Thank's so much for the lovely comments!