The Morning After

Married With Benefits
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~~~~

I woke up to feeling that one side of the bed was empty. Where did he go? I stretched my arms as I rose out of bed, and let out a long loud yawn. I made my way to the bathroom to release my bladder, and then left the bedroom.

As I swiftly walked across the cold floor to the kitchen, I heard heavy breathing, and grunts of someone in pain, so I went to check it out. I tip-toed towards the sounds, only to be led to a door. I hesitated before opening the door, but when I heard the sound of something heavy like metal crash hard to the floor, I rushed in. I was shocked to see my very sweaty, may I add, shirtless husband bending down to pick up the barbell he had dropped on the floor. He looked up at me for a second, but then continued picking up the barbell and bringing it over to the rack. His face was drenched in sweat, so he grabbed a towel, and wiped the sweat off of his face.

"Good morning," he said, his voice muffled in the towel. 

"Good morning," I answered back.

He didn't seem like he was going to say anything else, only folding the towel onto his shoulder, and went to leave the room. So, he's not going to say anything about the fact that he has a freaking gym in his apartment?! I see how it is... I followed closely behind him into the kitchen. He went straight to the fridge, pulling out a bottle of water to drink, and then placing it back.

"So..., you're not going to tell me about you're... um....," I trailed off, hoping that he would catch on.

"My gym?" he asked.

I snapped my fingers. "Bingo! What else?"

He turned around to face me, wearing a confused look. "What else should I add? I have a gym."

"Yeah, but you could at least have told me you worked out," I said.

"Ok. I work out," he said, in a bored voice.

I can't with this man, I wanted to bang my head on the wall. "You should try to impress me. You know, say something about your workout schedule."

"I don't need to impress you with my body," he said, winking in my direction. "I guess if you want to know about my workout routine, I could tell you."

"Please enlighten me," I asked, propping my elbows up on the table as I leaned over the counter. 

"Well, I don't know if I should tell you or not," he cheekily answered, folding his arms over his chest.

I gave him my puppy eyes, blinking them cutely and pouted my lips. "Pwease~"

"It's really boring~" he sang. 

"Pwease~?" I cooed again, still blinking my eyes. 

He only shook his head in response. I gave up on the cute act, only puffing up my cheeks in frustration. He laughed at my childish act, and walked over to me. He then pinched them, making me groan. I let the air out of my mouth, but he still held onto my cheeks. I looked up at him to see him smiling widely at me. 

"You can let go now," I grumbled.

"You're so cute though~" he cooed. He pulled on my cheeks more, and moved my head side to side. "Aigoooo~"

"Xiumin, stop," I warned. 

He only laughed, shaking his head. "No."

"Xiumin, stop it I said!" I warned again, shouting this time.

He continued his actions, and I was getting dizzy. That's it, I've had enough of this game, so I bit him. He immediately withdrew his hands away from me, rubbing the one that had gotten injured.

"You bit me," he said, in a tiny voice. He kept rubbing hands, pretending to be hurt. He looked up at me, and showed me his hand.

"What? Do you want something?" I asked, pretending to be oblivious.

"Can you make it all better?" he asked cutely. This man, I swear. One minute, he's all y and then the next minute, he's all cute and adorable.

I gave in, and took his hand, placing a kiss on it. "All better?"

He shook his head, and then pulled my hand, making me bump into his hard chest. He then stole a kiss from my lips, and then grinned. Cheeky bastard.

"All better," he responded, flashing a toothy smile at me. 

I let go of his hand, and pushed him out of the way, so I could get to the fridge. "You were in my way, sorry~ Not sorry."

He chuckled at my remark, and then went to the bedroom. While he was gone, I took out some eggs, and cheese. Closing the fridge, I moved to the stove, turning it on, and pulled out a frying pan. I grabbed some oil, which I found under the sink, in the cupboard. I then poured the oil into the frying pan, letting it heat up first before cracking the eggs into the pan. I looked for a spatula so I could scramble the egg. *Ba dum tss, get it... I'm making scramble eggs, so I need to scramble it. Okay, that was a bad joke.... Anyway, I added the salt and pepper, and soon after the cheese. Welcome to cooking with Justina! Using my spatula, I stirred up all the ingredients in the frying pan. I turned off the stove and took two plates from the top cupboards. I then shared out the food onto the plates, and just when I finished placing the forks beside the plates, Xiumin came out of our bedroom wearing a shirt this time.

"You're wearing a shirt," I said.

"You didn't want me to wear a shirt?" he asked, smirking.

"Aniyo, I'm just pointing that out," I replied, moving to seat down.

He took a seat besid

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter