First Day Working As A Secretary

Married With Benefits
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~~~~

"AISH! I can't think of anything!" I shouted, while wailing my arms everywhere.

"What's wrong?" Xiumin asked as he looked up from his laptop.

"Can't you taste test for me like how you used to?" I asked.

"Sure. I'll just call Baekhyun up with a fresh brew of coffee," he said, before picking up his office phone and dialed in his phone number.

"Baekhyun, sorry if I bothered you, but could you come up with a pot of coffee?"

"Also, some ingredients like powdered sugar, and maybe even some rum," I whispered.

"My lovely wife just said to bring some other ingredients," he said into the phone. He paused for a second, listening. "You know, like cinnamon or something..."

"Rum, rum~" I repeated louder.

He ignored me, and continued his conversation. "Thanks again. See you in a bit."

He hung up and went straight back to his work. I just sat back in my seat quietly.

"Is something wrong? Why are you so quiet all of a sudden?" he asked as he kept typing.

"I wanted rum," I murmured. 

"Is that all?" he asked in a gentle tone.

"Yes," I replied. "I can't think under pressure."

"You don't really have a time limit, but...," he trailed off, pointing over to the mini fridge behind him. "Over there, it holds the rum that you so desire."

"What's up with the poetic change of voice?" I mumbled to myself. "What's he trying to be? Shakespeare?"

I skipped over to the mini fridge happily, and opened it. Feeling the cool air hit my face, but it didn't affect me. There was soju, wine, Baileys, and what I was looking for, rum. I looked to my husband with "I love you" eyes, and he was just looking back at me with a toothy grin. Instead of taking the rum, I took the Baileys 'cause I can put it in the coffee. I closed the fridge and got a glass, carrying them with me to the coffee table. I placed them on it, and poured out a glass for myself.

"I thought you wanted rum," Xiumin pointed out. 

"Yea, but the thing is that I can put it in the coffee and drink it at the same time," I shrewdly stated.

I took a sip of the beverage from my glass and savoured the taste, before taking another sip. Just then, Baekhyun came in with a cart. 

"I'm not sure if these are what you wanted," he said.

"No, those are just what I needed. Thanks," I said, while looking at the contents from my seat.

"Well, I should get back to my work now," he said before bowing and leaving.

I set my glass on the coffee table, and went over to the cart. I started what I was good at. I poured out some coffee filling the cup halfway, and then put some cream in it. I added the whipped cream and topped it off with ground cinnamon. I smiled at my accomplishment. I brought over to Xiumin to taste test for me.

"Here you go," I said, while handing over the cup to him.

He takes a sip, and holds a concentrated face. "Hmm....It's missing something."

I quickly looked to the cart for what I could possible put into my new creation to make it better. Ah ha! Caramel! I didn't even know that was there... I poured a swirly design on the whipped cream adding a tad more of cinnamon, because why not? He lifted back his cup from the table and tasted the improved version of my coffee. 

"Come over here," he ordered.

I obeyed him, and stood beside him. He took my hands, and looked into my eyes. His lips then moved into a smile.

"This is great! You have finished your assignment for today," he complimented.

"Really, is it that good?" I asked.

He nodded his head. "Yep. It's really goes well with the taste of our coffee."

"Oh! I've been wanting to ask you something," I said, pausing waiting for a sign of continuing. 

"Go on," he urged.

"What is in your coffee, like what's the secret?" I asked, innocently. "I'm just curious, not like I'm going to steal your idea or anything."

His eyes shrunk down into a squint, almost looking to see if I was capable of knowing this secret or not. He let go of my hands, and stood up so that he was now eye level with me. He placed one hand on his desk and leaned in over to my ear.

"Do you really want to know?" he teasingly whispered.

I hesitantly nodded my head. "Yes, I do."

I could see in the corner of my eyes as his smirk grew. "Sugar."

"Su---" I was interrupted by his lips on mine.

"Shhh~ You don't want to announce this to the whole world, do you?" he shushed me.

"What was that?" I asked.

"You mean this?" he asked, before giving me another kiss.

"Yes, that," I said, completely unfazed by the kiss.

"It's a y way of shutting you up," he smoothly said.

"You have been watching way to much Kdr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter