New Department

Married With Benefits
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~~~~

Justina's POV

When did I fall asleep? I rose up from the bed to see a lump beside me with the sheets pulled over their head. The only person I knew that would be under those sheets would be my husband. I'm not sure if he still is, though… I shook off the thought and got out of bed.

I went over to his side and saw that he was breathing heavily and was sweating buckets. I touched his forehead with the back of my hand to feel that he was burning up. I quickly ran to the bathroom and looked for an empty basin along with a face towel. When I found the items, I filled the basin with lukewarm water and then dunking the rag into the water. I ran back to my sweaty husband and got on my knees to squeeze the excess water from the cloth. First, I wipe his face and then slowly went down his neck. I was going to stop there but quickly noticed that his dress shirt was wet with his sweat. I squeezed my eyes shut and clicked my teeth letting out a 'tch'. I set the wet towel back in the basin before moving closer to Xiumin. He reeked of alcohol which made me grimace at the smell but after a breather, I got used to the strong smell that oozed from his body.

My hands fumbled with the first button but not on the other ones. After ing all of the buttons, I squeezed out the excess water from the rag again before running it down from his neck to his abs. One thing that I didn't get to appreciate was washboard-like abs during our honeymoon so I was practically running the cloth up and down his abs repeatedly.

"I wonder if I can wash my clothes on this?" I thought out loud.

"You want to try?" a voice asked from above me.

I would have fallen back into the water-filled basin if it wasn't for the grasp on my arm. 

"You scared me!" I exclaimed.

"I can see that," he retorted. 

I gained back my balance and picked up the basin.

"What were you doing last night for you to get a fever? You did smell of alcohol…" I pointed out.

He ran a hand through his hair and sighed aggressively. "I just had a drink or two." 

With that, he got out of bed while taking off his already ed shirt and went to leave the room.

"Where are you going?"

"I'm going to exercise," he said as he left.

"What? This idiot is going to tire himself out more," I groaned.

I then ran after himself but was stopped after hearing a familiar clinging of metal sound. I thought back to when I first heard that sound. Maybe it's nothing… I kept telling myself that as I drew closer to where the personal gym was but the chant that was continuously said in my head, stopped. There on the floor lied a fainted Xiumin with the dumbbell by his side. My mind went a bit blank as I internally panicked at what to do.

"Eotteke, eotteke!" I kept repeating as I harshly pulled on my hair as if it would bring me some ideas.

Still not knowing what to do, I decided to carry him to the living room and lay him on the couch. I have never taken care of an unconscious person before, so all I could do was resort to the Internet for answers. It says here that I should try to revive the person by shaking them or yell at them.

I moved to the couch where Xiumin was resting on and began shaking him, pounding on his chest and yelling at him, all at once. I was expecting him to wake up and punch me or something but he only let out a groan.

Once he opened his eyes, I began nagging at him. "Yah! Pabo! You could have hurt yourself. What would have happened if I wasn't here? HUH?! The dumbbell probably would've dropped on your toe and you could have died from the shock. You could have fainted in the shower and drown or something. Have you ever thought of those things?!"

Before I could continue my rant, he wrapped his arms around my waist bringing me closer to him.

"No, I haven't thought of those things but you have." You could hear the smile in his voice as he said his next words. "Thank you." 

I couldn't help but reach down and flick his forehead. He gave me a look as he looked up at me as if saying "what was that for?" before rubbing the injured area in a circular motion. 

"Pabo!" He flinched at my outburst. "Why are you thanking me for worrying over my own husband?!"

His hand stopped rubbing his forehead for a split second but recovered. 

He let out an uneasy laugh. "I guess you're right."

"What's up with that lousy respond?" I mumbled as I walked to the kitchen. 

I began making his coffee and my hot chocolate. As I took my time making the hot drinks, he trudged over to the seat at the table before sitting down. After finishing, I brought the mugs to the table. I cupped my own mug with two hands, breathing in the sweet scent of the heated chocolate that the steam had sent to my nose and then took a sip. I looked up from my mug and saw that Xiumin wasn't smiling and rather was frowning at his coffee.

"Is the reason you're frowning because of my coffee?" I asked as I also began to frown.

His frown quickly turned into a panicked expression as he waved his hands to further express his feelings. 

"Aniyo!" 

He then chugged down his coffee in three big gulps, afterwards, he let out a satisfied "ah~" and slammed the mug down on the table.

"You didn't have to force yourself to drink it if you didn't like it," I acknowledged in a whisper.

 I picked up his mug and placed it in the sink. I quickly drank the rest of my tea from my mug and proceeded to get it washed.

There was a brief silence between us, only the sound of running water made it not awkward. After I finished washing the mugs, the room got awkward as the s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter