Chapter 8

Kissing 101
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
The Mess I Made

 

I was obsessed and refused to give up. Every day I'd call and send a text to Jungkook that we needed to talk. I apologized in a voicemail and several times by text without leaving too many details. But he never responded again. I had officially blown it with my unofficial boyfriend. Whether on good or bad terms he had to leave to Japan, there was nothing I could have done about that. Yet his complete absence and silence led me to believe that I would never hear from him again.

The friend department was chaotic. I wished I could just move somewhere and get a fresh batch of friends and start over, but the mess needed fixing. One way or another something had to get out, so there I was at Pizza Port waiting to have lunch with Sora and Jimin. Neither one knowing of the third party; unsure of the outcome, this was bound to be an interesting reunion.

Jimin was the first to show up and that allowed for some mending ends to our unfinished conversation last week. I tried to play it off like it was a misunderstanding from my behalf and things were fine now. But he stated that he was finally over Sora and never going back. I had thought long and hard about showing him the picture I took of her, still that would make me out to be a jerk. So I had another plan up my sleeve; still jerk-like only more subtle.

"So guess what? I finally got my car, my grandparents brought it."

"Really, that's awesome!" He said as his eyes darted towards the entrance.

Alas, Miss Sora decided to join us; ever so calm and pleasantly surprised by my guest. I watched them like a hawk; their body language, casual glances, and awkward silences. I swore the minute I saw something sketchy I would burst out an "Aha!" In spite of the tension in the air, this table was rather dull. I decided to stir things up a bit and reminisce about the good old days.

"Hey, you know what I just remembered Sora, that night I met my friend. You disappeared several times and I caught you clinging on to a different guy. I tell you I couldn't keep up with her Jimin, but that's what you get for being quite the hottie. I never have that problem, which is why one of my favorite hobbies is people watching," I rambled.

Neither one found my comment amusing as I did. They probably wondered if I was complimenting or insulting Sora but by this point, I'd hoped to raise some stimulating topics.

"When was that?" Jimin asked somewhat serious.

"Oh, that was soo long ago. Long before anything had started," Sora interrupted.

Hmmm, long before what had started Sora? What did that have to do with anything? I thought I was the only random babble here. I could tell Sora was beginning to feel uncomfortable, flashing her fake smiles. It's not like she could tell me to shut up, that would imply that we had a secret to keep from Jimin; the secret of her many hookups during their on and off the relationship. Yup, she was trying to remain cool for my sake, not wanting to suspect her secret from me.

Poor Jimin was caught in the middle of this. As our conversation escalated with juicy facts about the many dates she had been on these past few months; I proudly exploited my friend's talent with the guys. Soon Jimin had finally realized of her unfaithful patterns. And while he also kept silent about me already knowing, I couldn't tell if he would thank me or hate me later.

But what could Sora say? Would she be angry at me for uncovering her flirtatious behavior? Didn't Jimin already know the kind of girl he was getting involved with? Would she buy my story if I said that I admired her way with the guys and had to make it the center of conversation? Either way, our friendship was on the very brink of extinction and I had little faith in us coming out this peaceably.

"I have to go" Jimin excused himself. He was having a hard time holding his feelings in, looking very upset and hurt.

Sora refused to look me in the eyes and jumped to run after him. A smile of evil satisfaction slithered across my face. Jimin knew the truth about Sora and now I did too. I began to weigh our friendship, was it worth trying to salvage? Had she proven to be a worthy friend aside from dating my crush behind my back? I wasn't sticking around to listen to her side.

I left for my car and saw them arguing in the parking lot. Why did she even care to run after him if they had broken up? Why did she care if he knew she had cheated on him? So many questions yet again, but it wasn't my problem. I'm just th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter