Chapter 4

Kissing 101
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
PDA

 

For the past few days, I've been waking to the same dream. Jungkook and I are back in his bed and in a heated kiss, only he gets to remove my bra this time. Once he sees me completely topless, he backs off in disgust and says he has to leave. C'mon, you think I'd get some shameless action in my dreams at least but even they were punishing me.

It's been two weeks. I was making sure to be extra nice and helpful around the house in hopes of winning my mother over to the merciful side, or at least in time for the Kim's annual summer-is-soon house party. Last year was the first time I went and I was looking forward to it next week.

After showering and getting ready for school I passed by the mirror and had to stop for a second. Every day I asked myself if I had done it. Was my "hard shell" cracked yet? Did Jungkook crack the prude I was afraid of becoming? In my opinion…yes. So then why not display that to the world. 

While this was typically the moment where I'd pull my hair up in a ponytail and grab my cover-up mascara, I stared at my silver streak and began to almost appreciate it. At first, I thought I have a disease which making a tiny bit of my hair have a silver color on it and kids around me always making fun of me because of this weird color on my black hair. So, I always put up my hair in a ponytail to make it lees noticeable. But, I learned that through my mom, she said that I inherited this special gene from my grandmother. So, why not appreciate the only rare thing I have on me.

"What's wrong with being a Lil different? What's wrong with being me?" I smiled.

If a guy like Jungkook could have a fun night of making out with me and making me feel desired, then maybe I didn't have it that bad. I brushed my hands through my wavy hair and embraced my two-toned locks. Maybe it was my confidence but I never felt so y in my plain white t-shirt and jeans.

I skipped to the kitchen to make my regular bowl of cereal before walking off to the bus stop. My mother already there making her cup of coffee, watched me with a little grin. She walked over and began my hair.

"You really do look beautiful with your hair down sweetie. You should do it more often," she said while cradling me.

"Thanks, mom. I think I will from now on," I proclaimed proudly.

"What's gotten into you? You're glowing."

Did I look too suspicious?

"Nothing just in a good mood. Speaking of which, have you decided if you're going to let me go to Sora's party?" I pouted.

"Hmmm, we still haven't gone through all the details of what happened that Saturday, but you have pulled your weight around here…so if you promise to keep that up then I just might."

"Oh, you got it!" What my mother or Sora didn't know was my secret plans of inviting Jungkook.

I was shocked to receive a few nice glances and even a compliment on how pretty I looked today on the bus. Wow, where was this girl in me before? A girl even asked me about the odd color on my black hair, and when I told her it was natural she was shocked and said it looked way cool. Hmm, who knew?

Another thing I was beginning to notice in myself was the lack of approval I needed from Sora. Before, the minute I got off the bus I ran to find her and stay no more than 3 feet away. And now I felt no rush. I didn't mind walking on my own for a little while. I think Jungkook was the key to my independent metamorphosis.

I hadn't even reached my locker yet when some more girls complimented me again. This was just plain outrageous. I didn't do a drastic make-over. I just let my hair down people! But if it amused them and became today's gossip then whatever. No one better asks if I'm a new student.

I didn't see Sora till our first period. It was then that she gave me an odd look and paused before smiling.

"Well, look at you Miss Secrets," she still hadn't forgiven me. "You look pretty today, are you going to babysit the neighbor's kids again?"

I shook my head and bit my lip. I knew I had to tell her about Jungkook soon. She was my only best friend and frankly I was dying to spill it to someone. I brushed off the comments and compliments and focused on the class. However, the moment I disconnected from everybody else, I drifted towards Jungkook.

You know that paranoid feeling you get when you sense you are being watched... because you are! I couldn't tell where it was coming from until I casually glanced around the classroom and found two brown orbs staring at me a few rows to my left. Yes, those eyes I once held so dear and thought would be mine one day, except they were taking their damn sweet time to make up their mind about me.

Why the hell was Jimin looking at me? What, was he suddenly struck by my beauty? Yeah right! If anything, this annoyed me. Or did I like this? Wouldn't that work out splendidly if I could torture him and toy with his feelings, see if he liked it. As I continued to plot an evil strategy, that I probably would never really do, the bell rang.

"Hey, Iseul." I turned to find Jimin walking out with me. "I like your hair. It's different."

"Thanks," I smiled and melted.

All the hatred and plans to squish his heart had faded as I clearly had a little thing for him still. I began to wonder what he would think if he found out about Jungkook and I.That was something not everyone had to know about. Not my mother, not Jimin and certainly not Taehyung. So the question was when would I tell Sora? I'll tell her today… no tomorrow.

I had to quickly switch books for my next class when I was interrupted by some girl.

"Hey, you're Iseul, right? Your brother is waiting for you outside. He said there's been a family emergency," she stated very worriedly and confused.

"My brother?" Considering that I was an only child, I was intrigued to find out who my adoptive sibling was.

I barged out the school doors to find a y grin planted on Jungkook's face. I must admit while it's been two weeks since we've seen each other, I was so happy to see him a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter