Chapter 30

Kissing 101
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Subdivisions

 

As romantic and memorable as Yoongi's proposal to Sora was I wish I could say the same about her parent's initial reaction. Sora told me that at first her father was silent and her mother was about to faint from learning that her daughter was pregnant yet again. After having excused themselves from the engaged couple they came back after a while and consented.

According to Yoongi's talk with Mr. Kim later, he was glad that Yoongi was being responsible but asked him if he truly loved his daughter. To which Yoongi replied, "Absolutely I do!" With that, Mr. Kim was more than delighted to pay for the costs of the wedding.

Sora wanted to have the wedding before I left to San Francisco, but the crazy part has she wanted a tiny reception with just her close friends and family, not excluding Yoongi's sister and nephews…that to me was a shocker. I pictured Sora of all people with a glamorous wedding and a million dollar dress and what not. Then I wondered if she was embarrassed that she was pregnant.

Before she walked down the aisle of 'death do us part' I talked to her in private, finding out that she wasn't about all the glam and glitter anymore. That was evident now, just amazing to hear. She really loved Yoongi. A love that was genuine and not tempted with unfaithfulness like she had practiced so many times before. Plus I knew he would propose I just didn't think it would happen so soon.

As far as the pregnancy, when I asked her how she felt about having two now, she smiled touching her belly. She said they gave her purpose to be better…a better mom. She even amazed herself at how much she loved Lilan and would do anything for her. How lucky was she to find a man that loved her, already having one child, now about to have their very own.

I also couldn't resist asking Yoongi if he proposed because of the pregnancy. His reply was simple. He was already going to but didn't know when. The 'scare' gave him the extra push; he would have been the happiest man if she was or wasn't carrying his child. Still, the fact that his dream of having his own little family was coming true made him invincible and it showed.

Now that I had the facts straight, it was time to have a wedding. Yoongi wanted Yoomi, his sister, to be his best lady and Taehyung was Sora's male of honor. While I was growing fond of weddings, I prayed that Hoseok wouldn't get any bright ideas. I did not want to get married till I was at least 25.

We ran through the procedure, since my mother's wedding wasn't that long ago. Sora and Yoongi decided to have the wedding ceremony and reception in Kim's backyard. I, on the other hand, was in charge of the cake and some appetizers, only, this time, Yoongi wanted to make some dishes of his own.

Sora wanted a light 'brunch' type wedding with summer dresses and casual attire, as opposed to the traditional ones. It was wonderful to finally meet Yoomi and her children. They added perfectly to the wedding party as flower girl and ring bearer as they pulled on a small white wagon with little Lilan sitting inside it. I couldn't believe how cute and intimate this wedding was. To think we pulled it off in a month, beating my mother's record.

Mark wasn't thrilled to hear the news; he even wanted to form a legal issue about it. But with Kim's respectable reputation in the courtrooms, it only took a glare from Mr. Kim to turn Mark away. I was kind of jealous of Lilan, in a good way. At east, she would grow up believing that Yoongi was her dad and not miss out. Heck, she was going to have a sibling! I had to wait almost 19 years to know what that felt like.

 

 

I was straining to keep my eyes open, it was a good thing that Hoseok was behind the wheel or I would have easily been zig-zagging on the road. As my eyes blinked slowly, watching Hoseok's image focus in and out, I smiled and allowed myself to fall sleep.

Small weddings never mean less stress, only more things in less amount of time…in this case. I was exhausted yet again. Helping Sora out was taking away from my time with Hoseok. And though I had been feeling sorry for Suran lately, her feeling so lonely, at least we were going to be together in a few weeks.

Hoseok had made plans to drive up to Gwangju after the wedding and pay a visit to his parents…with me. Now I can't tell you how nervous this made me. I had already met his parents at my mom's wedding but this time, I wasn't sure how they liked the idea of us 'dating' being lawfully related or whatever. Like a good sport, Hoseok kept trying to convince me that they didn't care about that, apparently, he had already shared the secret to them on that big day…big day for all of us!

It was almost 7pm, and we were finally driving through these new subdivisions. His parents had moved about a year ago into their dream home. By the looks of it, when we pulled up to this gorgeous two story house overlooking the city, I had to say it was quite the dream house. Warm lights peered through the many tall windows that decorated the home, along with the beautiful mahogany bricks from outside.

His folks were overly nice with me…suspiciously nice. I was beginning to think they were plotting for another wedding or something, but that's just who they are. I liked the fact that they were very much in love and acted like teenagers, more than Hoseok and I. Who can blame them living in this woodsy paradise.

After eating an amazing home cooked meal, we gathered together and chatted a while in their living room, sipping on dessert wine. This was a first for me. It tasted just like juice so I couldn't refuse a second serving; no one was driving anyway. I wasn't surprised when they took off to bed early like older couples do. Now I could finally have some alone time with my sweetheart.

The house was designed with a guest room/house attached, but the entrance was outside or through the shared garage. We crept our way through with our bags, now relieved to talk in our normal voices without disturbing anyone else. I walked into what looked like a studio apartment. It had a small kitchen, den, full bathroom and one bedroom. The only other door aside from the entrance pertained to the bathroom, everything else was open.

I was expecting Mrs. Jung to direct me to my own room but she never mentioned anything, unless she had given the task to Hoseok. In which case, I was hoping I'd be sleeping next to him on this fluffy white bed. But I had already jinxed myself.

"So you ready to see your room?" Hoseok offered.

"What? I thought I was staying here with you?" I said with puppy eyes. It didn't work.

"My mom was so excited to prepare your own room, though," he smiled.

What gives?! Fine! I got up and tried to be the 'good sport' this time. I was slightly disappointed in Hoseok catering to his mother's wishes as opposed to his girlfriend's. Still, I could understand…I guess. Reentering the house, back to our whisper tones, we walked towards the hall to the stairs that led to another bedroom. I had to give her credit it looked like a white princess bedroom. There

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter