Chapter 27

Kissing 101
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Crash Into Me

 

I couldn't accurately describe the feelings I had once I saw Jungkook, but one thing was certain, they weren't of confusion. If anything I was little irritated. Could his presence back in town be the cause of my awkward feeling last night? Yet, my intuition had perceived something far worse, I was just unaware of it.

"It's good to see you. How've you been?" he asked tapping his finger on the table.

"I'm doing great actually," I heard the bell ring in the kitchen. "Let me get your drink order and I'll come back."

"Right, I'll just have a cup of coffee for now."

I spun around after attempting a polite smile. Scavenging through my apron for my phone, I had to text Suran. Wait, should I text Jaemi instead? When I went to switch on my phone, all I saw was the tiny orange blinking light. Shoot! I forgot to charge it last night! I picked up the plates and delivered them to my tables, then snagged a cup of coffee to return to my ex.

"So what brings you back to town?" I carried on in a friendly tone.

"I'm just here for a few days. I had to bring back a report on our Alaskan trip, it was amazing…" I could tell he wanted to tell me all about it but forgot that things weren't exactly 'peachy' between us. "I'm also packing some stuff I needed to take back with me."

"Oh, that's nice," I smiled again waiting with my little notepad at hand.

"You don't have to act happy for me," his smile stiffened.

"It's just a surprise to see you that's all. We haven't spoken since…Have you decided on what you want yet?"

Jungkook paused and looked confused at my indifference. He gave me his order and asked what I was up to these days. While I would have liked to play 'catch-up' I was also busy working. Needless to say, our chit-chat was broken into small portions for the time being. I walked around my tables a couple times, said farewell to a few customers and did some charges at the register all the while feeling Jungkook's eyes follow me to and fro. It felt so lonely working on a Sunday since Yoongi was off too.

Chaz signaled for me to come to the bar and said I had a phone call.

"Hello?"

"Hey Iseul, it's Yoongi. We've been trying to reach you! Sora and I are at the hospital."

"Is everything ok?" I asked alarmed.

"Uh, not really, its Taehyung…just come here when you can. Sora needs you."

After we hung up I began experiencing some major weird feelings. What was going on? I had to do something but I was stuck here at work and there was no way I could leave my boss with only one waitress. Chaz then informed me of another waitress scheduled to come in a little bit. So was I to remain idle till then?

I came back to check on Jungkook who also picked up my tension.

"Are you ok?"

"Yeah I just got a strange call and now I'm waiting to see if everything's okay." I didn't bother telling him who it was about.

It had been an hour already and Jungkook was still delaying on his plate. He tried carrying on the conversation when I'd visit his table as I did with all the customers, but I couldn't tell if he had other motives. Finally, the other girl came in and all I had was my last table, except my customer, wasn't leaving.

I heard someone barge through the door, it was Suran followed by Hoseok. He always had a calm expression on his face but his slight worry and Suran's pale face got me shaken up. I excused myself from Jungkook and hurried over to my friends. She grabbed my hands and said we had to go to the hospital now. I wished when people said that they would explain with more details.

I had no choice but to give Jungkook's bill to the other waitress but when I went to his table he already assumed an emergency had struck. I can't remember if I said an appropriate goodbye or if he simply watched me leave. If he had, then he must have noticed Hoseok grab my hand as we rushed into his truck parked right outside. I'll never know.

Rushing to the hospital, we ran through the emergency lobby in search of Sora; I felt sick to my stomach. According to what Suran told me on the ride over, Yoongi said Taehyung had gotten into an accident with another driver. I thought that impossible since he was sober, but apparently the other driver wasn't. Then Suran remembered while in her drunken state that Taehyung had called her, but she said she was on her way to my house with Jaebum.

This had my nerves in a riot as I remembered the day my mom told me what happened to my dad; she waited till I was old enough to understand. I walked in to find Sora crying frantically in a chair while Yoongi rubbed her back. Her parents were trying to keep it together as well, but Mrs. Kim looked exhausted from the tears. Thankfully Lilan was asleep in her car seat, unaware of the chaos that surrounded her. Sora bolted towards me and threw her arms around my neck in utter desperation.

I tried calming her down while fighting back the tears of uncertainty. Clearly I wasn't about to get the facts from any of these emotional women, so I sat with Sora and Yoongi in hopes of finding out the whole story. However, even Yoongi's story had wide gaps. All he knew, and from what he had gathered from Chaz who was working last night, was that Suran showed up at the restaurant with Taehyung and was having one too many drinks. There was a bit of an argument between them and Taehyung left.

That wasn't too long after we all had separated, perhaps an hour or so. And because the employees usually had an after party on Saturday nights, Suran stayed and Jaebum joined her. Someone said they saw them leave shortly after. Yoongi added that Chaz saw the blonde guy, Taehyung, come back, but he told him that Suran had already left.

When I asked who the other d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter