Chapter 11

Kissing 101
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Second Chances

 

My phone rang. Jimin's name was blinking on the screen.

"Yeah?" I answered.

"Hey meet me out in the front will ya?"

"Okay." I hung up.

What was this about? I grabbed my jean jacket from the locker and swung my brown bag over my shoulder. Rushing out to the school's front entrance, I spotted Jimin talking with a friend leaning on the rail. He must have heard the clack of my boots approaching for he quickly turned around.

Both of them were wearing sunglasses.When I got a second look at his friend, as he slowly took off his shades, my heart did a quick summersault.

"Well I have to meet up with Jaemi, but I'll catch you later," Jimin gave a bro-like handshake and turned to send me a wink before walking off.

"Hey, Iseul."

"How are you, Jungkook?" I paused before responding.

"Wondering what I'm doing here but other than that good."

"Are you not here to see Sora?"

"Sora, right…no, I'm not here to see Ara."

It was awkward but I was still glad to see him. I spun my heel into the ground in anticipation of what else he might say. I hadn't a clue.

"Are you busy? Am I interrupting anything or do you have a minute?" He asked concerned.

"No, I'm good," I motioned over to the cement bench only a few feet away.

I sat neatly tucking my peach knee-length dress under my thighs. I put on my jacket as well and listened to the silent words that remained in his head and seemed so hard to vocalize. He looked at me differently. Not like the first time we sat on a park bench or the time at the beach when I was with Taehyung. But it was almost as if he were seeing me as…a woman.

His arm lay on the backrest, rubbing his forehead while the other remained on his knee. Then he slid his hand to rest over his mouth and gave me that look again.

"Can I say that you look great!" he started.

"Thank you. But how are you?"

"I feel like an idiot but it won't be the first or last time I suppose," he seemed indecisive.

"No classes today?"

"Not till next week thankfully. So how have you been? It's been so long."

"I'm doing great. I mean school couldn't be better. My mom is good too. Friends, well… you know both of them."

"Yeah, Jaemi is pretty fond of you. And Jimin… he's a good guy."

"Weird huh, it's like you guys are better friends than we are. How Ironic." I chuckled and then regretted it.

"Definitely," he chuckled too. "Now that you mentioned it, I was wondering…if we could put everything behind us and start over…as friends."

Ooh, those words. To have Jungkook back in my life, that's what I've wanted all along. But now that I've moved on…was I ready? I know that there were questions lingering in the air, and eventually they would be answered. We didn't have to fill in all the blanks right at this moment, but the steps to forgive and forget were there for the taking.

"I'd like that. And I'm sure Jaemi would too."

"I know she would! She doesn't stop talking about you or Jimin for that matter…You know what, Iseul? What I really want is a second chance," Jungkook's feelings burst.

My phone began to ring but I silenced it. I was in awe. I would love for a second chance! My phone rang again, killing the .

"Are you going to answer that?" he asked.

"No, I'm sure whoever it is can wait," I shrugged.

But it didn't stop ringing. I was getting annoyed. I finally raised it high to see who was pestering me and couldn't read the screen. Why was it so blurry? Confused, I looked back at Jungkook. Even more alarmed, I saw the background grow blurry as well. What the heck? Was I hallucinating?

"What's going on?" I asked bewildered.

"Your phone is ringing," he said, oblivious.

Then he began to look hazy. No, wait, what's happening?!The only thing that seemed clear was the ringing that grew louder and louder.

My whole body jolted and when I opened my eyes to see my blank walls I realized it was only a dream.

"Crap!" I reached over for my phone on the nightstand.

"Yeah?!" I answered in a groggy tone.

"Hey Iseul, are you sitting down?" Jaemi asked.

"I'm lying down actually. What's up?"

"You are never going to believe what just happened!"

"O-kay. What happened? Where are you?"

"I just dropped Jimin off his house and I'm on my way to my Uncle's. But yeah the strangest thing happened…I was at the café with Jimin and out of nowhere I got a call from Taehyung."

"What?! No way, what did he want?" I sat up, for better hearing of course.

"Well, that's the weirdest part. He wanted to know where I was because he had to say something important and it had to be in person. And because I was Jimin, I thought it was a safe bet. Once I told him where we were he showed up 15 minutes later."

"So what did he have to say that was so important?"

"Would you believe he wanted to apologize?! That's all!"

"You're kidding me right?!"

"I'm not!" she chuckled "I was just as stunned as you are now. Afterward, I asked Jimin if he thought it was a joke and he said that it seemed pretty legit. He even shook Jimin's hand."

"I refuse to believe that anything pure and genuine can come from that guy or that family."

"I don't know, Iseul. He never apologized before, so what do you think happened to make him do it now? It's been over a year and a half," Jaemi argued.

"It just seems hard to believe. It would take a miracle for that guy to change," I assured her.

"Well, whatever. I'll chat with you later, just had to tell you that."

"Okay bye."

Hmmm…Taehyung? Nah! That didn't sound like him. He was too prideful. It just didn't make sense. Had it to be a joke…right? And what the hell was that dream all about? Was fate trying to send me a message that Jungkook and I were going to have a second chance?
 


It was a new year and a normal second semester thus far. Somehow Sora and I were in the same class and …I was still alive. I didn't know if I'd get pinned to a corner, beat up or have a vicious rumor spread of me around the school. But none of the above. She simply went back to ignoring me. Besides, it wasn't my fault what happened between her and Jungkook; I tried to stay out of it. I still wondered what did happen.

I was in the middle of my Geometry class when I heard my cell vibrate. Hiding my phone under the desk, I tapped my screen to see a message from Taehyung. Something had to be up, he was asking if we could talk in person. Why on earth would I want to talk to this creep? Minutes later he sent another one pleading to see me that it was very important to him. My curiosity got the best of me, especially with his sudden urge to apologize to Jaemi. But I didn't respond.

I had a weird feeling for the rest of the day. You know that feeling like something is about to happen but you can't discern if it's good or bad? Well, one of those feelings. I was putting away my books, still

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter