Chapter 14

Kissing 101
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
No Spark No Fire

 

 

A couple of days had passed since I had warmed up to the idea of dating Taehyung. I had a hard time believing it and so did my mother. I hadn't mentioned anything to Jaemi or Jimin yet. Maybe because I thought this 'trial' wouldn't last when they'd return. But what if it did? What if this turned into a serious relationship and Jungkook wanted to finally get together when he got back? These were all risks that had to be taken. And let's not forget Taehyung's sister turned frenemy...the irony!

How to embrace difficulty in a blossoming relationship? Even though I knew the Kim's house inside out, we couldn't hang out there because of Sora. We couldn't hang out at my house unless my mother was there, and that would be too weird. Taehyung and I had agreed to take things super slow. And tonight would be our official second date.

 

 

I sat across from the mysterious brown-eyed cutie, who decided to comb his hair back for the first time ever. We sat in a fancy place with our fancy clothes and fancy music in the background. This is what any girl would want to be spoiled with. And although I'm not this kind of girl, trying it at least once was nice.

Our second date and the only contact we've had was the linking of our pinky fingers that day. I'll admit I was nervous too, perhaps that the fantasy bubble would pop and we'd realize that this wouldn't work after all. That thought always lingered in the back of my mind. I recalled the time when I had said that I wondered what it would be like to kiss Taehyung sober, claiming that it would never happen; well never say never.

We both ate Mediterranean dishes and shared a Crème Brule for dessert. The night was lovely but we didn't talk much. I began to worry. Were we trying too hard to play the roles of the people that belonged in such a lush restaurant as this? Acting too proper was pretty boring.

"It was too much wasn't it?" Taehyung asked discouraged.

"Well if you wanted to impress me, I am impressed. But…this isn't me."

"It's just that I remembered you talking about your fairytale date with Sora and I thought this would come close."

"Yes well, you're not the only one who's done some changing around here. I think that fairy tale idea was blown a long time ago."

"That's kind of sad. I rather liked that hopeless romantic side of you."

"I kind of miss it too, I guess. But please share something with me, anything," I insisted on keeping the conversation rolling.

"I have good news. Last Saturday one of the older instructors offered me a job to give lessons and work at his shop. He said he had seen me a couple of times out in the rim and wanted to take the next steps to getting me sponsored."

"Are you kidding, that's great! You'll finally get to do what you love for a living. Why didn't you say that earlier?!"

"Because I'm a mess! I don't know why I'm so nervous. When I get nervous I get quiet."

"Are you nervous because you're here with me? What happened to all that arrogance you had stored up in there?"

"It slowly leaked out. I'm afraid I'll disappoint you at some point and I'm just trying to watch what I say and do."

"Then you are not being yourself. I know you've changed a lot and aside from your big ego from before, you'd say some pretty interesting things. And there were moments you showed your caring side; even if you tried to seduce me more times than you were actually nice," I shrugged.

I guess I could have left out the last part as Taehyung dropped his head on the table from the embarrassment. Way to go, Iseul! You idiot! I hesitantly reached over and grabbed his hand that cushioned his forehead.

"I'm sorry. I said too much and that wasn't nice at all," I felt like the black cloud over his head.

"It's ok. I probably deserve a lot more," he said in a gloomy tone.

"To tell you the truth, and don't let this get to your head now, I kind of miss that y confidence you sprayed around everywhere."

"But you told me you hated it," he looked confused.

"I do and I don't. I don't know it's hard to explain. Just forget it."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter