Chapter 13

Kissing 101
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Steal Your Heart

 

With summer lurking, I have added 2 more shifts at the ice cream shop and promoted to assistant store manager. In other words, I'd be working instead of vacationing. Jaemi was going back to her home in Ilsan, taking Jimin with her. Which left me Jungkook and Taehyung, but when I asked Jungkook about his summer plans he said he'd be going back to Japan for an open position that counted as credits for his master's degree. Well, Jungkook will pursue his master in his twentieth second. Oh this world is not fair. But, I'm still proud of him, get to graduate early — this smartass.

But first, today was Jungkook's graduation. Jimin and I had driven down, in separate cars, for the ceremony in Long Beach and met up with Jaemi and the rest of Jungkook's family. I had never really spent time with Jungkook's parents before, just a shallow hello and goodbye. I never knew what they thought of me since I was only introduced as a friend, and rightfully so.

During the reception after all the graduates had settled with their families, Jungkook had removed his toga showing off his sharp black suit. Some people ate and others mingled around. Meanwhile, I was distracted by Jungkook's game of hard to get. We never spoke about what happened that night at his house, even though I was ready to confess my feelings if he should only ask me.

I was disappointed he hadn't even complimented me on how nice I looked tonight. Displaying a beige and gold dress that my mother had gotten me for my birthday, I thought this was a sure winner to grab his attention. Then unexpectedly he motioned me to dance with him. It was about damn time!

"You look outstanding. Please tell me that's for me," he spoke softly and I blushed; he was so full of himself. Even though it was for him.

"About that night…I just wanted to apologize for leaving like that," I fessed up.

"It's alright. I think I might have an idea of what that was about. But…I need to talk to you about something."

He held on to my hand as we walked out of the facility. It had turned into a cool evening with the sunset and the scent of the ocean. Some winds had picked up compelling Jungkook to remove his blazer and place it over my shoulders. His hands clasped the jacket together, slightly tugging me towards him. I couldn't help how doe-eyed and defenseless I became under his influence.

"I know things have been kind of up in the air with us, due to many things. We claim to be friends though we haven't had a chance to spend some solid time together. I'm leaving in two days to Japan, and I was hoping to see you more this summer but it doesn't look that way now. Maybe the timing is just off…I adore you Iseul and I don't want to lose you. But I think the best thing for right now is that we stay friends for a while."

"You're right," as much as it pained me to agree with him.

Jungkook then bent down to kiss my forehead, my arms latched around his waist. I didn't want to let him go. He looked down and seemed equally saddened.

"I'm afraid to kiss you…"

"It never stopped you before," I smiled.

His hand gently held on to the back of my neck. I hated that this seemed more like a goodbye kiss, regardless if he was coming back or not. It was bittersweet and lovely. It wasn't as fiery as the other ones we've had. For the rest of the night, we sat glued next to each other. He laughed and chatted with anyone who demanded his attention. Meanwhile beneath the table, he held on tightly to my hand, caressing and playing with my fingers. I missed him already.

It turned out that this would be the last time I'd get to see him before he left. He already had all his bags packed in his dorm room. How sad was that? Finally, when I thought we were both ready, life just kept getting in the way...growing up gets in the way. It's not like he could throw it all away to spend time watching me make sundaes.

 


Bored and lonely, any invitation I got I accepted. Whatever it was it had to be better than my normal summer thus far. This ranged from bowling with my coworkers to even a bible study group with Taehyung. That's how desperate I was for variety. I honestly thought I would walk into a room of happy freaks that wanted to instantly convert me, but to my surprise they were…better than the average person.

They were glad to see me, a new face, and encouraged me to come again. Some were my age, accompanying their older siblings; but it was mostly a college group. And after their little book study, they busted out some guitars and instruments and began to jam. Others plugged into an XBOX match in a separate room while the girls just huddled together on the couches with coffee to talk about any and everything.

I'm not going to lie, I did have an interesting time. And more importantly, I saw a completely different Taehyung, as though he had switched bodies with someone else. I almost wished I had seen this side of him before, which brought on a new problem. I realized I had feelings for two guys. And while I liked Jungkook openly, secretly I felt a rare attraction to Taehyung. I could share this with no one.

Opening the ice cream shop on a Saturday morning, I was usually by myself for half an hour counting the register and so forth. But having recently hung out with Taehyung brought back another memory from last week with my coworker. Taehyung had stopped by to contribute to the shop, convincing all his friends to buy ice cream; as well as persuade me to the bible study. And after he left I could feel Hyunmi, my closest coworker, shaking her head at me. When I asked her what that was about she said:

"How come you have so many good looking friends drooling over you?"

"They're just friends, that's all!"

"Uh huh, my friends don't look at me like that."

"Like what?" I fronted putting my hands on my hips.

"Girl, open your eyes!"

What did she mean by that? My eyes were clearly open. I don't see why she had to make silly remarks about my friends, obviously hinting at Jungkook and Taehyung. So what if they were good looking? Depressing thing was it had been 3 weeks since everyone had left, including Jungkook.

I went to the front door to switch on our open sign when I saw Taehyung's black Jeep pull up. Surely he didn't want ice cream at nine in the morning. I couldn't help laugh at his wardrobe as he was running inside the shop. I continued to open the window blinds and acted as though I hadn't seen him.

"Hey, Iseul!"

"Oh hey there, I think you missed the beach," I teased as he was zipped up in his wetsuit.

"Yeah, nice try. Listen, I have a proposition for you…"

"I'm listening."

"I'd like to buy 6 buckets of ice cream," he announced.

I turned in astonishment, "6 buckets? Do you know how much that's going to cost?"

"I don't

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter