Chapter 22

Kissing 101
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
New Year's Kiss

 

"So who are you going to kiss after the countdown?" Suran asked as we counted our tips for the night.

"Hmmm…my hand."

"What? That's crazy, I know of at least 3 guys that would love to substitute that hand. As for me, I'll be standing right next to Jaebum."

"That's a shocker!" I rolled my eyes.

I was surprised they hadn't kissed already, but Jaebum was very rare, he was a shy guy. Suran and I had finished our shifts while other servers had just clocked in for tonight's special New Year's party at the restaurant. With just enough time to go home, shower and change, we rushed out the door. I don't know what the heck I was getting ready for, or who for that matter. Suran would come back with Hoseok and I with Sora. Great!

Perhaps it was a good time to ask Sora some questions regarding her feelings towards the two gentlemen. I just didn't know how to approach it and not seem jealous. I finished sliding into my emerald green dress with black accessories while Sora wore a loose black dress. It didn't feel quite normal yet having her back in my room.

"So… how are things going with you and Yoongi?" I tried to seem casual as I curled my hair.

"I wasn't under the impression that Yoongi and I had something 'going on'," she said in a skeptical tone.

"Well, I thought you guys kind of hit it off at the Christmas party, so I assumed maybe you took a liking to him."

"No way! Have you seen me lately?" she rubbed her belly. "I'm not exactly hunting around for a husband or anything," she smirked.

"So you're not even a little bit interested in Yoongi?" I frowned.

"No Iseul. Besides, he's your friend. He was just super sweet to me and told me about how he clung to his sister when she was first pregnant."

"Oh…I was sort of hoping to set you two up," I gave a crooked smile.

"No, but I wouldn't mind you 'setting me up' with Hoseok…"

Hoseok! Ah hah! So it's him she likes and not Yoongi…was I being too mischievous? But what if Yoongi liked her even though she obviously didn't feel the same way? And how was I supposed to know if Hoseok would even consider dating a pregnant girl? I guess I could find out from Suran tonight. Oh gosh, now I felt nervous for Sora. I guess we both would be kissing each other's hands tonight.

Arriving back at the restaurant, my doubts were confirmed once I saw Yoongi's eyes follow my pregnant friend. Then I realized, I over complicate things way too easily. When it comes to feelings, I'm just going to stick to understanding my own, which is enough drama for me to handle. So my kiss tonight could very well be from my mother…after Mr. Jung.

"Iseul you look outstanding! Would you mind hosting at the front door for hmmm 2 hours or so? Hand out the hats and rattles?" Namjoon persuaded me.

"Oh well…" I wasn't expecting to have to work again.

"I'll throw in a 50?"

"Sure thing, BOSS!" I smiled.

Namjoon clearly wanted this party to be a success as our first New Year's event since the reopening. Sora sat at the bar and began talking to Yoongi, who was clearly branded my big brother now. As I handed out the party props to our guests, I couldn't help wonder what happened for him to change his flirty ways with me? While getting to know me, was he suddenly turned off?

Jimin and Jaemi arrived, then my mother looking ever so radiant. I was thrilled for her, maybe now instead of girl's night out she'd have date nights. It was about time! She kissed me on the cheek and went to grab a small table before they were all taken; not too far behind was Mr. Jung.

As I gathered my next batch of trumpets, rattles, and glitter tiaras, I looked up to find Hoseok and Suran walking towards the door. Why could I not stop staring at him? I mean I should be numb to seeing handsome guys in suits by now, but there was something different about the way he modeled it like a uniform.

"Wow, you guys look amazing!" I exclaimed, mainly for him but I thought to include my best friend.

"Doesn't my uncle look hot?! I swear we'll have to fight them off with his pocket knife," Suran laughed.

"You don't think it's a bit much?" he asked me.

"No. I think you look…handsome." Big gulp. "I'm sure Sora would agree," good save Iseul!

Hoseok gave me a questionable look. Did I make my hidden agenda too obvious? Oh gosh did I just give Sora away? He stepped closer to grab the tiara from my hand and placed it on his head. That wasn't random at all.

"Are you trying to make a statement, Hoseok? One that all the ladies should know about?" I inquired.

"Maybe this will keep them away so I can focus on just one," he answered.

Okay, so he didn't perk his eyebrow, or wink, or nudge me, and still I had a hot flash. I wasn't that one he was talking about or else he would have given me a sign. Why did I even care? Good luck Sora! It seems like she'll actually have more than one kiss tonight unless she rejects Yoongi.

"So how's it going

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter