Nove

Finalmente

“Yah Joy unnie stop getting my beef!” Yeri yelled as she lightly hit the thief that’s been getting all her food, after the small talk in front of Solar’s house they decided to eat somewhere and by Whee In’s suggestion they all went to a small diner located along the green landscape of fields, where birds are chirping lively and so calming to the city girls’ eyes. And fortunately, the quaint diner has a small crowd today, a couple that’s on the corner and an old man that’s been sipping his cup of coffee.

“Yeri you’ve got to share your food to unnie!” Joy said while was full of chunky beef, busy chewing but a teasing grin was visible on her almost porcelain face. Yeri pouts as she hit again Joy for being playful, Wendy just chuckled at this scene and being a caring unnie to their maknae she gave her last serving of beef to the pouting girl. But the teasing and bickering still continues, Moonbyul and Whee In looked at each other sitting awkwardly across the bickering duo, they never would imagine that they are being this loud.

“Kids, behave.” Irene, the leader, sternly said while gently eating her rice. “Remember we are not the only ones here, we’ve got Moonbyul and Whee In here, what will they think of us huh?”

Irene must’ve sense their awkwardness and Whee In butted in, “Oh it’s fine, we’re just happy that you’re enjoying the food here.” The small girl smiled, letting her cute dimple showed up. Moonbyul just nodded and let out a small smile. Actually this situation is a lot more awkward in Moonbyul’s situation, sitting just across her was Solar and that guy, Eric. Beside Whee In was Hwasa and beside her was Seulgi.

“This is the best beef that I have tasted honestly.” Eric, with a huge smile plastered on his face said while lifting a small portion of beef with his metallic chospticks. “Thanks for bringing us here Whee In and Moonbyul.”

Whee In forced a smile, inwardly scoffing. And Moonbyul just nodded, she can pretend that she didn’t hear anything but she doesn’t want to seem rude in front of Solar’s friends. Solar was just eating quietly, since Eric appeared earlier she observed that Moonbyul doesn’t meet her gaze, doesn’t talk to her on the way in this diner and suddenly she’s like an air to the blonde girl.

“Seulgi-ah eat your food, stop staring at Moonbyul.” Wendy shakes her head while giving the bear-like person a teasing smile. And that caught Solar’s attention, she looked up to see a flustered Seulgi who was caught red handed and Moonbyul, with her stoic expression, looking at the blushing girl.

“Oh it’s not that Unnie!” Seulgi protested, holding her arms on the mid-aid and waving it. Solar stopped eating, ready to listen to what Seulgi has to explain. All of them turned their attention to Seulgi, “Why are you all looking at me?” Seulgi was alarmed, Moonbyul noticed this and she let out a small chuckle.

“You can stare at me all you want Seulgi-ah, don’t mind them.” Moonbyul was being playful right now and Whee In almost choked on the water that she’s been drinking and she glances towards Solar whose eyebrow was raised. Whee In thought a war is coming, like how winter is coming to Winterfell.

Red velvet members let out an ‘ooohhh’ while Eric laughed and put his arm around Solar’s chair backrest while on the other hand, Hwasa can’t be bothered and she just eats her chicken peacefully.

“Seulgi is single, just want to let you know Moonbyul.” The guy that’s been all over Solar said with his boyish smile that irked the blonde girl to no end. Solar elbowed Eric’s tummy and gave him a glare, but the boy just smiled at her and sticks out his tongue. Moonbyul watched what was played in front of her and she can’t help but to turn her hands into fists.

“It’s not that unnie, I promised! It’s just that, I think I’ve seen you somewhere. You looked so familiar?” Seulgi explained, Whee In and Moonbyul frowned at this.

“Oh really?” Irene interjected, Joy and Yeri stopped fighting over a piece of beef because Wendy just patted both of their laps.

Seulgi nodded, looking at Moonbyul directly while her eyes squinted, “I just don’t know where.”

“I have lots of look a likes. Are you sure it’s me?” Moonbyul questioned while giving her a smile.

“I’m not sure though.” Seulgi leaned closer while tapping her chin, as if thinking deeply, looking intensely at the blonde girl. Moonbyul slightly leaned back, her back hitting Whee In’s shoulder.

“Don’t come any closer now Seulgi.” Solar, her voice sounds so threatening that everyone felt a shiver run down their spines, Eric was even surprised. Hwasa can’t help it, but she smirks against the rim of her cup while she peers at what was happening right before her eyes. God, couldn’t Solar be more obvious?  Moonbyul raised her brow at Solar, she knew she’s jealous and she sent Eric a subtle smirk. Yep, that Eric.

“Oh okay Unnie, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to.” Seulgi said apologetically and went to sit properly on her chair.

Solar cleared trying to get rid the bitterness lacing her voice, Seulgi’s her friend but her face was too close to Moonbyul’s for her liking. And thank goodness Moonbyul leaned back further.

“So, how long will you guys stay here?” Solar questioned, trying to stir lightly the situation up, displaying a smile also.

“Three days!” Yeri yelled and Joy drummed her palms against the table, while the others laughed at how the two was delighted for their long-awaited vacation. They just ended their promotion for their new album and they’re more relieved that their company gave them time to be on vacation for awhile since events are coming up on their schedules.

“Yeah, I heard there’s this place here in Bucheon where you can camp out and enjoy the nature’s scenery and just breathe fresh air.” Joy excitedly said, clasping her hands together.

“Do you know that place?” Wendy questioned Whee In and Moonbyul.

Whee In bobbed her head, “Yes, but we have to hike to get to that place. It’s a two hour drive from here then we have to register ourselves to the authorities. After that they will lend us some jeep Wrangler pick-up to get to the base of the place since the road is a bit rocky.  Then it’s just thirty-minute hike to reach the destination.”

“Okay we’ll leave at early morning!” Wendy said, “Can you two be our tour guide?”

“Uh…” Moonbyul trailed, she’s hesitating. Just thinking the long arse ride was making her tired. But Whee In was down for that trip, it’s been ages since Moonbyul and her stepped foot to that place and of course a lot of time with her idols! So she was looking at Moonbyul with hopeful eyes.

“Solar, you should go too okay? It’s been awhile since we last hang. I’ve really missed you.” Eric pouts and Moonbyul frowned. Solar lightly hit Eric’s shoulder, chuckling. Moonbyul was ready to punch but Whee In whispers something.

“Just tell me when, I’ll shoot him. The gun’s ready.”

Moonbyul shoot a look at Whee In, and it seems her best friend is really serious. It made her laugh a little and shook her head in disbelief.

“All of us will go together.” Hwasa, with a sassy voice said and smile flirtatiously at Moonbyul teasing her, “You’ll be with us, right Moonbyul?”

Moonbyul eyed Solar and the latter shyly smiled with her eyes pleading to her to say yes. The blonde girl returned the smile, “Okay, yes, I’ll go with you guys.”

And by that, Solar smiled that her small dimples just below showed up. And for the second time that day, Moonbyul subtly smirk at Eric’s direction.

--

“Hey see you tomorrow?” Solar gently tugged Moonbyul’s sleeve as the taller girl was getting ready to go home. They’re outside Solar’s house, the others will stay for tonight at her home and early in the morning they’ll start their trip. Moonbyul smiled and nodded, flipping her bangs that have been poking her eyes. Solar thought it was cute, she reached out to Moonbyul’s hair as she took off some hair that’s been on the blonde girl’s face.

“Sleep early okay? We’ll pick you up at around six thirty?”

“Damn that’s too early.” Solar whines and leaned on Moonbyul, her right cheek on the taller girl shoulder which made the latter chuckled.

“Yongsun?”

“Hm?” Solar tilted her face so that she could see the other girl, and it wows her how Moonbyul’s side profile is so handsome yet beautiful at the same time. Her hands found Moonbyul’s waist and rest it there. It’s funny how this skinship was so comfortable between the two of them, no awkward touches. It will just come out as natural as possible and Solar likes it, Moonbyul likes it too. But it bugs Solar, how long can they keep it like this. Should she confess? Or just let Moonbyul take the lead? But either or, she’s happy to be with the other girl.

“About Eric…” Moonbyul trailed, she doesn’t even know what to ask Solar and she hopes the idol would get the idea of what this conversation is taking.

“Eric? What about him?” Solar knew what Moonbyul meant, she knows. But a little teasing won’t hurt right?

Moonbyul winces, “Nah, nothing. I’ll just go home.” She tried to break free from Solar’s grasp but the smiling idol just held her tightly.

“No, you’re about to say something.” Solar was laughing now but Moonbyul was wriggling her body just to get rid of her. But no, Solar’s hold was really tight. Moonbyul let out a sigh of defeat and roll her eyes.

“Did the two of you…you know…dated? Or is there something going on between the two of you? Because he’s been all over you since this afternoon. And how he held your arm when you walk, I mean was that really necessary. And how he…” Moonbyul stops her rambling and looked down to see Solar with a huge grin on her beautiful face. “W-what?” she stammered, she’s trying to avoid Solar’s eyes, looking all over the place but Solar.

“Nothing. You’re just cute.” Solar commented. Poking Moonbyul’s cheek. “Nope, we didn’t date. Nope, we don’t have something, as you call it. He’s my friend. But then there’s a show called We Got Married, we’ve been paired up and that’s how I’ve known him. I didn’t even listed him as my potential husband on the show yet we got paired up, unlucky me.”

“O-oh, married. Like, wife and husband?”

Solar nodded.

“Like, the two of you living in the same house?”

Another nod.

“Like, did you two...kiss?”

But this time, Solar shook her head and mouthed ‘no’

“You’re not fooling me?”

“Yes Moonbyul, why would I? Even though the script said that we should kiss, but I refused. The producer even made a deal with me, but I still said no. Then I told them that if the kiss was pushed through, I’ll quit the show. Gods, I couldn’t even act natural throughout the shoot what more if there’s a kissing scene.”

“But you’re an actress right?”

“Drama acting was different, like I could get into the kissing scene but it was all professional. But with Eric, I don’t know, maybe because he kinda have feelings for me.” On her last sentence, Solar was careful and observing Moonbyul’s reaction.

 “So he likes you.” She said short then gave out a little pout.

And with that, Solar wrapped Moonbyul in a hug she couldn’t handle how the girl was looking right now. Her chin resting on Moonbyul’s shoulder, “Are you jealous Moonbyul?”

“Should I be jealous Yongsun?”

Moonbyul felt Solar’s head shaking against her and she smiled and finally hugging the smaller girl tightly. Yes, another it up Eric.

--

“Goddamn.” Yeri mumbled, Irene slaps her shoulder for saying such thing.

“Yeah, goddamn.” Joy seconded with a sigh, and this time Wendy just pats her shoulder.

Seulgi whistled and the sassy Hwasa can’t help but to gawked also at the girl that’s on the truck, fixing their bags.

Moonbyul on her muscle tee, ripped jeans and sunglasses on. Biceps showing up. And the girls swear that she’s hotter than the other oppas that they have seen. Who knew that this girl with just simple sense of fashion will dress like this today and killing them with her handsomeness and hotness? She’s hotter than the sun to be honest.

Whee In on the side was inwardly laughing at the six girl right before her eyes, Moonbyul’s charm can get into anybody without even trying.

“Yah! What are you looking at?! Stop staring at her like you’re gonna devour her.” Solar harshly pushed Hwasa by the shoulder, “Yah! Red Velvet, stop those stares.” Solar demanded while she glares all of them.

“Aish how selfish Unnie. You already have Eric.” And it surprised Solar because of all of them, the maknae was the one to comment that.

“I am not—“  Solar’s reply was cut when Eric called them to get on the back of the truck right now.

“Oh your  prince charming was calling us.” Joy sent a teasing smirk at Solar, which made the latter stomped her foot like a little kid.

All the girls laughed as Eric help them up. Hwasa on the other hand, puts on her big hat and she seated inside the passenger side on which Whee In was seated too.

“Yah, I don’t care if you’re Yongsun’s manager but can you please take off that hat? We’re already cramp in here.” Whee In commented, as the inside of the truck was good only for three persons, the driver and the two passengers. The rest will be on the back of the truck.

But Hwasa just smirked at her and didn’t give any s for Whee In’s protest. The small girl let out a frustrated groan, wow, she just realized that she will be seated beside satan the whole trip.

Eric helps every Red Velvet members to get up on the truck, while Moonbyul was there to assist him. Solar was the last to get on the truck, Eric and Moonbyul was fast enough to offer their hands to the girl. Two hands are offered to Solar, the Red Velvet members were anticipating to whom hand will Solar grabbed.

“My bet is Moonbyul.” Wendy.

“Eric.” Joy.

“Moonbyul too.” Seulgi.

“Nope, Eric.” Yeri.

All the members now was looking at their leader, anticipating for her bet but Irene just shook her at how childish her members are.

On the other hand, Solar was surprised.

Moonbyul and Eric looked at each other. No one is backing down. Ever since yesterday, Eric’s been observing Moonbyul, on how she steals glances at Solar and on how she gets overprotective on Solar. And truth be told, it annoyed him too. But their staring contest was cut when Irene was the one to help Solar, the latter said ‘thank you’ to her friend while propping herself beside her bag for cushion.

Moonbyul and Eric both flustered as they looked away. Moonbyul was on her way to sit beside Solar, the latter saw here and made a space for her to seat but Eric was fast on his feet and prop himself beside the idol. The blonde haired girl frowns and just sits on the edge of the truck, beside Seulgi.

 Solar scoffs at the turn of events, she’s holding herself back to scold at what Eric did. She wanted Moonbyul beside her but here we got Eric, whose smile isn’t faltering, that’s just directed at her.

--

The hike was literally fun for the Red Velvet members since the scenery was so pristine and too calming for them that their tiredness was gone. But the rest of the group was tired, especially Moonbyul. She doesn’t want any hiking activities, her body couldn’t take it. Goodness, why did she even agree to this? Oh yeah, because of Solar. And she couldn’t handle the thought that Solar would be alone with Eric. That’s a no-no.

“Here we are, I’ve already made reservations for the cabins. Two people in one cabin, okay?” Whee In, as tired she may seem, smiled.

“Joy will be with me!” Yeri yelled, of course, the two evil people on the group. Wendy shivered just by thinking of the pranks these two kids will execute.

“Wendy and Seulgi are staying with me. Eric will just have the cabin to himself.” Irene, in her motherly tone, said. Eric nodded and went to Solar, tugging her bag that’s been on her shoulder.

“Hey, I’ll walk you to your cabin. Give me your bag.”

“Ah no, I think I can handle it. Go to yours, I am sure you’re just as tired as me.” With a tired smile, Solar answered gently patting Eric’s shoulder.

“Are you sure?”

“Yes Mr. Eric Nam, just go.”

And with last one wave of goodbye from Mr. All Smiles, he went first to his own cabin. Solar watched the retreating figure.

“Do you want to stay with Moonbyul?” Hwasa pats her shoulder with her teasing smirk. Solar rolled her eyes but she gave Hwasa a grin.

“What are you saying? Of course, I want to be with you Hwasa.” She then links arm with her bestfriend. They both stared at Moonbyul and Whee In, who’s talking with one of the staffs of the place and heck they’re both checking Moonbyul out. Goodness, that handsome girl.

“Nice catch Solar. Bet you’re holding yourself from tasting her.”

“Heavens she’s so fine Hwasa. Have you seen that body, goddamn.”

“Wow you sound like a erted ahjumma.”

“Yah!”

“Yongsun!” Whee In called them and waved at them, the duo moves over to where Moonbyul and Whee In are. Solar gave a lovely smile towards Moonbyul which made Whee In and Hwasa roll their eyes.

“Tired?” Moonbyul asked gently, holding Solar’s lower back, rubbing small circles. And it soothes Solar, but she nodded. She’s really tired from the trip.

“You?”

Moonbyul nodded, “But then I saw you, I found my strength again.”

It made Solar laughed but her blush couldn’t hide.

“Aish!” Both Whee In and Hwasa exclaimed, ready to hit Moonbyul.  “Please Moonbyul, control!” the smallest girl commented, pushing her friend away from Solar. Then they saw Seulgi, with a phone on ear walking towards them.

“Yes, I spotted them now. You want to talk to them? Yes, I’m in front of them.” Seulgi said to the person on the other line and she smiled at them, then towards Whee In. “Okay, okay here’s Whee In. I put it on loudspeaker okay?”

 “I didn’t know Krystal is your cousin, here, she’s calling.”  Seulgi handed the phone to Whee In and she grasped it.

Whee In couldn’t even handle the phone correctly, deep inside she’s panicking. While Moonbyul, as soon as she heard the name, she felt her heart stop then it was racing. They both stared at each other, not knowing what to do, but they kept a cool appearance on the outside. Solar and Hwasa watched the two of them, they knew something was up, and Solar couldn’t help but to feel so uneasy.

“K-Krystal, hi.” Whee In greeted.

“Yah, why are you there?” Krystal, with her bored and low voice but you can hear the annoyance from the other line said.

“Was that Krystal Jung?” Hwasa whispered while nudging Solar, the latter just nodded while looking at Moonbyul and Moonbyul only. Solar was watching Moonbyul, she knew something was going on. Hwasa was surprised at the new information about Krystal Jung. Krystal Jung was a renowned actress and she too has this admiration towards the woman.

“We can’t go here? Besides your friends wants to come here.” Whee In reasoned out, “Why do you even bother to talk to me?”

“Couldn’t I talk with my lovely cousin?” Krystal chuckled at the other line, but all she got was Whee In scoffing.

“I’ll give the phone to Seulgi now.”

“No, wait!... Um…”

“What now? We’re tired Krystal, we just came here.”

“Okay, where’s…” Krystal cleared before continuing. “Where’s Byul? I know she’s there.”

Whee In looked at Moonbyul, carefully. But Moonbyul just gave her an expressionless face.

“She’s beside me.”

“Hand her the phone.” Krystal said sternly. And Whee In immediately complied. Moonbyul almost didn’t want to hold the phone but Whee In was shoving it to her.

“Byul?”

“Soojung.” Moonbyul replied in almost a whisper, the name sounding foreign to her, and she’s ultra aware that all the pair of eyes are on her now, especially Solar.

“Let’s talk later, and please pick up your phone when I’m calling you. Or I swear to heavens, I’ll go there in an instant. Pick up my calls.” Krystal said a stern voice before hanging up. And by that Moonbyul handed the phone back to Seulgi.

Before Moonbyul could even looked at Solar, the older girl left already. Solar understand the situation now, Krystal wasn’t just a friend from the past. Krystal played something big in Moonbyul’s life and it scared the out of her.  

 

 

 

--

A/N

YES GUYS THIS IS WHAT YOU WANT RIGHT? T_T

MoonSun shippers are so angsty, I can't. I liked how you adamantly want Krystal to appear, what have you done.

But of course, while writing this Moonbyul's cover of The Manual was on repeat! It made my heart feels so many things. (Listen to it! And write a petition to RBW to let Moonbyul sing for their next comeback, a solo full song would be nice.)

Heavens, what did we do to deserve a person like Moonbyul (I wanna hug her)

Support Mamamoo! Watch WGM! (Hah Hah) 

Thank you guys in participating and supporting this fic.Heart heart!

And! I love talking to you guys :) Wink wink!

Comment! Subscribe! Upvote!

(Sorry for the typos!)