Sette

Finalmente

“I called Mr. Kim earlier.”

Whee In handed a can of beer to Moonbyul which the latter gladly accepted. The shorter girl took a seat on the wooden chair just beside the other girl, they’re both seated on the front porch of Whee In’s house. They both needed this time to relax after the commotion earlier at the school and they both manage to bring Solar back home without any trouble, the hype calm down fortunately thanks to Whee In who uses her authority against the students and told them not to release any captured pictures on the internet which luckily the students obliged. Whatever deal or arrangement Whee In did with the students, it worked.

Moonbyul opened the can and took a long sip, feeling the chilly liquor run on and she let out a satisfied ahh once she stopped drinking. She heard Whee In opened her own can of beer and she looked at her with a questioning gaze.

“Are you allowed to drink?”

“Yah. I’m an adult now Byul. Don’t judge.”

The taller girl chuckled as the smaller girl took a swig but the small laughter died down after awhile, the atmosphere again was serious.

“What did you tell him?”

“I told him the details and of course the action that we did. And he asked me how was his daughter, if she’s alright and I told him about Yongsun’s okay. I think he called Yongsun’s manager to take down any photos or anything that happened earlier if it will be up on the internet.”

Moonbyul just nodded, “Pretty protective huh?”

The smaller girl scoffs, “You were pretty protective too, earlier.” As if teasing her friend, “Hugging Yongsun and swatting hands that will touch her.” The teasing continued.

Moonbyul winced and pushed Whee In by her shoulder, which gained a laugh from the smaller girl. The former leaned more on the chair’s backrest while gazing at the star-filled sky, the moon’s so bright that it illuminated the small town, as she put down the can of beer on the wooden floor.

The smaller girl watches her friend and shook her head in amazement.

“Wow Byul, seriously? She’s just been here for twenty five days and you already like her!”

“Ridiculous isn’t?” Moonbyul helplessly sighed as she took a drink again, as if using the drink to drown her craziness for this feeling she felt for the idol.

“But because I have feelings for her, doesn’t mean I have to tell her though.” She continued finishing the can of beer, once done she reached out again for another that’s been on the cooler beside Whee In.

“What? Why?!” Whee In’s eyes widen as she nearly choked from the liquor, she coughed a little while looking at her friend incredulously.

Moonbyul scrunched up her nose, “As you can see my friend, she doesn’t seem to like me. Didn’t you notice how she almost killed me every day? And besides…” She took a sip of beer, cooling her tongue, “She seems to like someone from Seoul, maybe someone she’s dating.”

“How did you know Moonbyul? Did you ask her?!” Whee In’s in raged.

“Why are you yelling at me? Lower down your voice, your parents might wake up. And no, I didn’t. Gut feel. And whenever she called her manager, whose name is Hwasa by the way, she never failed to ask about one person though she didn’t drop a name but you can tell by her tone that she cared for that person.”

Moonbyul pouts while she played the rim of the can, and Whee In wanted to burst out a laugh because of her friend’s behavior but she held it in.

“Goodness Byul it’s as if you turned into a lovesick teen.” Whee In commented no longer holding back her laughter. “But seriously it’s more okay if you ask her! What if it’s just her dad? Or her relative? Or just a friend, duh.”

“And plus, you need to date someone again. It’s been awhile since Krystal. Go, date someone!” Whee In encouraged flailing her arms in the air. And Whee In froze for a bit, did she just say her cousin’s name?

“Oh..um..” Whee In laughed awkwardly, “Sorry, must be the alcohol…it’s kicking in.” She continued her awkward smile while looking at the can of beer and she mumbled the brand name but her mind was in panic.

“Loosen up Whee In, it was fine. I’m fine.” Moonbyul smiled genuinely as she pat her friend’s back.

“Sorry, I just thought it’s still a sensitive topic to be talk about. And holy cow the fact that you’re okay with talking about it now just wows me, must be Solar-effect huh?”

Moonbyul rolled her eyes but the smile is still pasted on her face, “Nah, I just moved on.” She retorted while puffing her chest proudly.

“I just hoped you really moved on because there’s this part of me that screams Moonbyul and Yongsun should be together, please scratch my cousin from the scene. That stupid cousin of mine.”

Whee In shook her head in annoyance and continued, “Come on, let’s just cheers. To your glorious lovelife ahead!” she raised her can waiting for Moonbyul.

“What? There’s no way that Yongsun likes me.”

Her small friend sighed, “Woo her! Use your girl crush powers duh. Or nose muscles.”

  “Whatever Jung Whee In.”

--

“Yah Whee In stop pulling my hair.” Moonbyul struggled under her friend’s grasp as they went to the drunk Whee In’s room. Surprisingly they finished all the beer that was on the cooler, they even lose count. Between them, Moonbyul’s the heaviest drinker but she managed still to be the sober one, thanking the genes of high alcohol tolerance.

Moonbyul let out a grunt once she threw Whee In on her bed, the drunken girl spluttering words that can’t be understood. The taller girl hover the duvet on her friend’s body and smirked then pats Whee In’s cheek.

“Sleep tight my Whee-pup.” Moonbyul whispered.

“I’m telling you Byul…Yongsun likes you…don’t breburbe”

Moonbyul chuckled at her friend’s incomprehensible remark, their drunk conversation was all about Yongsun and a little bit about their lives but mostly about Yongsun and the other girl was giving her a lot of reasons why her and the idol was perfect for each other, but of course Moonbyul was just giving her friend disapproval comments.

She heard Whee In’s snore and it’s her cue to leave too, the night’s getting deeper and she’s sure her grandma was waiting for her at home. She headed downstairs, reaching out the door ready to leave but a voice interrupted her.

“Byul?”

She looked at the owner of the voice. And she was greeted by Whee In’s mom, who looked so young compared to her age in short her mom is beautiful, even in her sleeping gown.

“Ah…Auntie Kahi, your daughter’s now deeply sleeping. You should see her, she sleeps funny.”

“Aigoo, you two. Getting drunk now. I missed your childhood days where you just play mud and get it all over your faces.”

They both laughed at the memory, “Go home safe okay? And say hi to you grandma and Umji for me?”

Moonbyul nodded, “I’ll be going now Auntie.” She turned the knob and she’s ready to step out from the house but Whee In’s mom suddenly questioned her.

“Oh wait, how’s Mr. Kim’s daughter? Yongsun?”

“Well, I can tell that’s she is tired in all the happenings but I guess she copes well. She’s stronger than we thought actually.”

“After all she’s Tae Hee’s daughter. Aigoo what did George do to his daughter.” Kahi shook her head sadly, “Well, go home now Byul sorry for my daughter’s annoyance.”

“I’m used to it Auntie, I’ll be going now then.” Moonbyul bowed one last time and she’s off to go.

The alcoholic is making her head dizzy but she can still tolerate it and she’s still sane well, genes of high alcohol tolerance. She put her hands inside the pocket of her jeans, wind brushing against her skin and it somewhat help to relieve the dizzy feeling. Once she took turn on the block her feet stopped at a certain house, the front porch light is still on and she squinted her eyes.

 “Is she not asleep yet?”

Moonbyul looked around the area, crickets sound can be heard yet the night is still peaceful. She pushed the small gate and it was open.

“Aish this girl, I told her to lock the gate many times already.” She shook her head in annoyance and opened it wider making a grating sound. She went in and made her way to the front porch, she peeked through the glass window laced with light curtains but unable to make out anything except the light coming from the lampshade.

She stood in front of door, contemplating if she should knock or should just go home. But after what happened earlier at the school she wanted to know how was the idol doing and of course she wanted to see the girl. After having to lift and down, lift and down and another lift of her fist she decided just to go home and having thoughts that Solar will just think her as a creep visiting her in the middle of the night.

She was about to turn around but the door opens, she faced towards the door just to see a Solar in her pajamas and in a messy bun, wide eyed as if surprised.

“What are you doing here?” Solar questioned opening the door wider and walk towards Moonbyul.

The other girl just stood frozen by the sight, this alcohol in her system isn’t really helping her right now.

“I…uh…your light is on and the gate was open so…”

“I was about to lock it anyway.”

Solar is getting to where Moonbyul is.

“Good.” Moonbyul breathed.

“Hey are you drunk?” Solar leaned closer and sniffed Moonbyul which made the latter leaned backwards with an uneasy expression. “You smell Moonbyul.” Solar raised a brow but with an annoyed face as they stayed in that position. Solar’s so close to her neck.

“I’m not okay? Whee In and I just had a couple of drinks.” Moonbyul reasoned but guiltily, why would she be guilty? Because Solar’s like a wife who is scrutinizing her husband that she caught drinking, but it’s not like Solar’s her wife.

Moonbyul back away a little and straightened herself, she always knew she’s taller than Solar but it’s as if she’s towering the other girl.

“Don’t drink too much next time. Okay? And it’s late. What the hell. Don’t drink when it’s late.” Solar crossed her arms on her chest still looking at Moonbyul as if she’s done any grave crime. Moonbyul can’t help but to smile, this is the first time she can tell that the normally hard headed girl was now full of concern.

Moonbyul made an aww sound, “Concerned Yongsun is cute. Am I speaking to Yongsun? THE Kim Solar?” She teased holding back a laugh.

“Moonbyul you’re drunk go home, scoot.” Solar shooed the girl then pushing her rather harshly but the taller girl just laughed.

“I’m hungry Yongsun.” Moonbyul suddenly blurted, she knows she’s got to go but she thinks her grandma was asleep anyway. But of course in reality she just wanted to be with Yongsun longer.

“I don’t have food for you.” The older reasoned, teasing the younger.

And as for Yongsun, she lied too when she said that Moonbyul should just go home. She didn’t mean it, honestly she’s elated that Moonbyul’s here, she wanted her to stay longer. When she saw the other outside her door she was surprised, her sleepiness wears off and Moonbyul is enough to keep her awake no coffee needed.  

“Come on Yongsun, I know you have instant noodles.” Moonbyul scoffs then headed straight to the door, letting herself in leaving the owner of the house outside. Solar was surprised yet again and followed the taller girl inside.

“Yah! Trespassing!” She yelled as she saw Moonbyul laughing walking towards her kitchen. She closed the door with a loud thud which made the girl in the kitchen jump a little. Solar can be so aggressive. The girl just looked at the almost calm Moonbyul, like her kitchen was owned by the taller girl.

Moonbyul opened the fridge door, bending down to see any water or milk or juice that she could drink and she saw variety of juices, “You trespassed also Yongsun, on my mind and thoughts.” She countered. But as soon as she let out the cheesy line, she regretted it which made her shut up immediately and closed her eyes tightly, wincing. But she thanked the fridge door because it covers her face.

Goodness Moonbyul, shut up

But unknown to her, Solar was frozen on her spot. Unable to retort what has Moonbyul just said. Did Moonbyul mean that? Or is she playing again? Damn, smooth talker Moon Byul Yi.

The taller girl straight up, closed the fridge and calming herself. Trying her best not to blush or anything.

“Can I have this?” Moonbyul held up a small tetra pack orange juice, looking directly to Solar and the latter just nod. Moonbyul mimicked Solar’s action and jab the straw on the ‘straw here’ portion of the pack.

“Going to make noodles.” Solar reasoned and walked pass Moonbyul to grab two bowls of instant noodles on the cupboard, the taller girl make way for the idol as she carefully sips the juice on her hand. Their proximity was so close that Moonbyul can smell Solar, she smells like warm vanilla that soothes her nerves. But Solar’s her neck was expose and that didn’t help Moonbyul either.

“You smell nice.” Moonbyul compliment but it shocked her. She’s blabbering too much, that was racing her mind.

She heard Solar scoffs, “You stink, Moonbyul.” She’s now stirring the hot noodles, ready to be served.

Moonbyul shook her head but she smiled against the straw while she sips the chilly juice. Solar put down the bowl on the table, as they were now sitting across each other. Moonbyul’s mouth watered as she sniffs the smell of the noodles, she puts down her juice as she grab the chopsticks that was placed by Solar beside her bowl.

She digs in immediately, not noticing that Solar was observing her with a smile plastered on her face. Solar thought that she could be use to this, Moonbyul here, eating late night noodles with her and staring at her.

“Eat Yongsun, your noodles are getting cold.” Moonbyul looked up just to see a smiling angel in her direction, “You’re smiling way too much tonight. Is it because I’m here?” She continued while swallowing the warm food.

“You are too full of yourself Moonbyul.”

“I swear your mouth is so big, that if there’s lone confetti flying here it will still go into your mouth.” Moonbyul said, deadpan.

Then something flicker in Solar’s eyes, and it’s not a good thing. Moonbyul just realizes what she’s done, she just dissed THE Kim Solar. Which no one has made she thought.

“I…”

Moonbyul.

The named girl winced.

“I’m sorry!”

“If you value your life, get out of my house.”

She shivered but still reasoned.

“But the noodles, I didn’t even finish mine and yours!”

“Then don’t freaking provoke me!!”

Solar leaned closer to Moonbyul and reached her collar as she repeatedly hits the latter’s arms, chest but all those slaps or punch doesn’t seem to affect the girl. Moonbyul winces for awhile but she could just laugh also, finding it funny.

“Okay STOP!” Moonbyul exclaimed holding Solar’s both wrist, waiting for the idol to calm down and as soon as the rage is gone,  the taller girl looked at every details on Solar’s face. Her eyes, the mole that’s just below her brow, her nose and the little creases on her lips – her lips.

But Moonbyul carefully let go of her wrist, this is the third time this day that she was tempted to kiss that plump lips. And this is the third time this day also that Solar wanted Moonbyul to just kiss her. Even though alcohol was in Moonbyul’s head now, she still has this ability to control herself, especially anything related getting intimate, thank heavens for genes of self-control.

Solar slowly places herself in the chair once again, Moonbyul’s comment earlier was long forgotten, she’s now preoccupied with the way the other girl looked at her earlier. Did she want to kiss Solar? But half of her mind was saying ‘no’ that she’s just being delusional but the other was ‘yes’ that nobody will look at you like that unless they admired you.

It confuses Solar, Moonbyul will compliment her then one second she will be dissing her, Moonbyul will look at her as if she’s the most beautiful girl in the world then one second she will just on how bad she looks in a farmer’s straw hat because her cheeks are puffing out.

“I’m sorry okay?” Monbyul chuckled finishing her pack of juice.

“Is my mouth really that big?” Solar pouts, puffing her cheeks.

“Yes.”

“Damn, you’re too honest.”

“Yes it’s big, but I like it though. I like it because without that mouth I won’t be able to hear your voice and it will sadden me if I don’t hear anything from you. And Whee In said that uh…you have a very nice voice when you sing, though I still didn’t hear it.” Moonbyul sheepishly confessed.

“I really don’t understand you Moonbyul.” Solar narrowed her eyes, readying herself if the other girl will throw another insult.

“What?”

“I don’t know if you’re a bad person or just a lowkey good person. Or just a bad person in general.”

“See, I just said a beautiful thing about you but all you can comment was how bad a person I am. Who’s the spawn of Satan now?”

And by the question, they both started to laugh, heartily. Moonbyul was catching her breathe while Solar, of course had so wide while laughing, the black haired girl staring at her.

Yup, too beautiful

--

“Thanks for the late dinner.”

Moonbyul smiled so wide, her nose scrunched up higher. They both are standing outside Solar’s gate, sending off Moonbyul.

“You are welcome Moonbyul, thanks for bothering me tonight.” Solar sarcastically said sticking her tongue.

“You are welcome Yongsun.” They both giggled.

“Get home safely Moonbyul.”

But before Moonbyul would go, she wanted to ask one thing. The ‘boyfriend’ thing which her and Whee In was talking about earlier. She’s scared to ask, but Whee In’s ‘take a leap of faith’ advised was ringing in her head. Being the confident one tonight, she should ask this question because she swear it’s driving her nuts.

“Uh…Yongsun?”

“Hm?”

“Do…you…uh…you know…this question… I was just being curious okay?”

“Spill it, spawn of satan.”

“Okay fine. Do you have a boyfriend?” Moonbyul said fast, in one breathing that Solar didn’t hear it properly but she get the idea when she heard the ‘boyfriend’ part. Moonbyul was looking down, shyly.

“Go home Moonbyul, it’s late. Sleep.” Solar said monotonously and she turned around and closing the gate.

“Wha—you didn’t answer my question.” Moonbyul rushed to Solar’s front gate, holding onto the railings. With pleading eyes.

“I don’t have.” Solar mumbled

“Hm, what?”

“I said I don’t have a boyfriend.” Solar said finally turning fully to Moonbyul, but locking the gate in the process.

“You are not fooling me?” Moonbyul asked, hiding the winning moment smile that is about to come out.

Solar nodded, pinching her thighs and hiding her shy smile.

“Okay,” Moonbyul nodded, “Okay Kim Yongsun. Okay.”

Moonbyul released a sigh of relief. Solar waved goodbye and she slightly jog towards her house while Moonbyul watched her go inside safely.

And that night, when Moonbyul asked that question and her actions, Solar knew and as if she’s got the epiphany about everything. And she’s glad she’s not the only one feeling these…things.

Both of them didn’t have enough sleep that night, but they thought it’s a nice thing because it seemed the reality is better than their dreams, sounds cliché but they’re freaking like each other. They know it’s too soon, but Moonbyul decided just to take everything slowly but she didn’t know Solar was about to pounce her if they were to become an official couple.

 

--

So.. how'd you like this update?

Heehee thank you for you comments and subs! Though I was just rambling on this fic most of the time!

Muah Muah Muah!!!!