Ventuno

Finalmente

“You seem so tired, Byul.” Krystal commented while staring at the yawning lady just in front of her. Moonbyul groaned, and then she rubs her eyes with the back of her hand. These past few days are the most tiring days in her life, juggling school, spending time with Solar and handling those ugly people who are trying to bring her down. Especially in her school, eyes are on her now, well, it’s not a surprise anymore that her mother is the medical director of their base hospital and what Solar had done to her made a big issue.

Krystal called Moonbyul earlier that day, she said she wanted to talk. And being a good soul, Moonbyul agreed. But she’s not telling this to Solar, the girl has already a lot on her mind and Moonbyul thinks that telling this meeting to her would cause her worry. And she doesn’t want that.

“How are you with Solar?” Krystal questioned, looking away.

“Well, Solar is still Solar,” She said, but with a playful smile on her lips, “We’re great, despite all these happenings.”

Krystal nods her head, forcing a smile. “You’re stronger now, Byul.”

Moonbyul frowned. She looks at Krystal and tilting her head just to see a clearer view of the girl.

“You’re far from the Moonbyul I met in Bucheon, who knew that the timid and the crybaby back then is now fighting the world just for her great love,” Krystal chuckles while Moonbyul rolls her eyes but her lips tugged upwards. “And I hate you for that.”

“For what?”

“For loving Solar way too much.” Krystal’s voice sounded hurt, bitter.

Moonbyul looks down at her hands, “Oh.”

“Sometimes I question myself, like why Moonbyul didn’t do that for me back then? Why didn’t you follow me here?” Krystal’s gaze is now on Moonbyul, who refuses to look back at her. “You didn’t love me enough, don’t you?

“I did,” Moonbyul pauses, taking a deep breath before talking again, “I did follow you.” She looks the other way, biting her lower lip. You can see the shock in Krystal’s eyes, even fell agape.  Moonbyul, now looking at her, smiled briefly. “Back then, when you told me your dream was to perform and that you have to be Seoul to reach that dream? You were so happy. But my immature self told you that, you don’t need to be there.”

“And we fought that fateful day. That Whee In had to call the police because you’re throwing a tantrum inside the diner, throwing everything that got into your hands. Well, I think Yuju got that attitude from you.”

Moonbyul softly laughs, “Oh please. I’ve matured enough over the years. But you still chose your dream and the one day, you’re gone. You left. I started missing you, goodness, I couldn’t eat too,” Moonbyul had to pause again, remembering how her past self went to that grieving, “Then a month passed, I couldn’t take it anymore, I have to see you so I went to you.”

“Then why didn’t you show yourself?” Krystal asked, gripping the steering wheel harder.

The other girl snickers, shaking her head, “You’re with someone that time, who knows who. You seemed so happy back then. You’re laughing as if you’re having the time of your life. Yeah, I felt jealous. I was going to let that pass because I thought it’s just nothing. Then I saw how happy you are in stage, interacting with the audiences, how you just enjoy the happenings around you.”

“You could’ve at least talked to me, Byul.” Krystal raises her voice, this is now frustrating her. Listening to Moonbyul is making her frustrated. She closes her eyes for a short time, thinking what if’s and could’ve been’s if Moonbyul just talked to her that time. Would she be still with the girl? Would she be in Solar’s place right now? God damn it, Moonbyul.

“What for? You’re happy, you’re great. And I am not going to ruin that.”

“Then what made Solar so special then?!”

“Come on, we were just kids back then. We’re immature. And all I know that time was to let you be happy, even though I’m not there anymore,” Moonbyul her dry lips, fingers running through her hair, “And with Solar, when I saw her in Bucheon, I have to be honest that yes, she’s very pretty. Then when I was slowly seeing her bit by bit, she’s got this beautiful heart too. She may look tough and may act cool but she’s a softy and that made me like her even more. Whee In told me that she’s a celebrity and I pray to God that time, please say it’s not true. But it turned out your cousin wasn’t kidding. I thought, ‘wow this is just repeating the past’, I held back, just trying to ignore the blooming feelings I have for her but later on I just can’t. And then when she left Bucheon, I have to think fast. I made a decision because I thought maybe the past won’t repeat itself anymore. That’s why we are here right now, talking about us, talking about Solar,”  Moonbyul shrugs, “I’m rambling too much, right?”

“Look at me,” Krystal asked her and she did. Krystal smiled, this time a genuine smile, “You could literally talk about her all day, and I get it.” She scoffs and Moonbyul chuckles. “Don’t leave her, Byul. Because if you did, you’ll miss her, you could barely move.”

Krystal taps Moonbyul’s left cheek softly, staring at her deeply. Maybe this time, Krystal thought, that Moonbyul gets her own happiness. She caused too much trouble to the girl. She sighs, caressing Moonbyul’s soft skin as she said these words, “I’m letting you go now, hm?”

The brown-haired girl beams, nodding her head. She felt like crying but nope, too corny, she thought.

“What? That’s it? I’m waiting for you and Yongsun to have a cat fight.” Moonbyul jokes and that earned Krystal pushes her head the harsh way.

“Careful, Byul. It might happen.” Krystal warns but Moonbyul just laughs it off. “And Byul, if we could turn back time, please remind me not to let you go?”

“But I guess, Yongsun will pop out of nowhere. And will yell her hate towards you, all the hate words she could muster and take me away from you.” Moonbyul shivers.

“Yeah, I could imagine the mad Solar coming out just to hit my beautiful face. Damn, you’ve got some tough girlfriend right there.”

They could only laugh.

--

“Is this the guy?” Solar pointed to the boy seated just in front of her while looking at Yuju. The boy is blindfolded, strapped down on the chair, almost crying and his lips twitching in fear. Yuju nodded. And Solar smirks, “Well done, sis in law.”

“Not that I’m bragging but Liam Neeson trained me.” Yuju proudly said. “I don’t know who you are…but I will look for you, I will find you and I will ki—“

“Now, now. Don’t pull that line here now, okay?” Solar holds up her hand to stop what Yuju will say, and to be honest she praises Yuju’s efficiency but she doesn’t want to kill anybody.

The younger girl shrugs, “I’m just stating the iconic line of him.”

“Release me, p-please. I swear I will not tell to any living soul about this, just please. I’m begging you!” The boy whimpers, he’s covered in sweat as he cried for mercy.

“Ha. Boy, you could’ve done something else, like study your notes rather than spilling hot tea on my sister!” Yuju yelled just right before the boy’s ear and that made latter cry even more. Solar has to roll her eyes, look who is talking, she bets that the boy is the same age as Yuju, study your notes too, Yuju. But whatever, she’s still thankful for Yuju for finding this guy for him.

“But that girl will ruin Solar. Oh my beautiful Solar,” He said dreamily but to Solar it was not, it was nasty coming from him. He looks mad when her name goes out from his mouth, “I don’t like her! You think people here will accept their relationship? Well, let me break it to you, you missy whoever you are, it will never be accepted!” The boy, the name’s Minsuk by the way, said with anger that his spits were coming out.

Yuju is ready to punch the guy but other fist landed on his jaw. It’s Solar’s. The boy groaned again but Yuju is inwardly clapping, cheering even.

“Well, let me break your face then. You’re just a fan. Don’t control other’s lives, don’t tell me who to love.” Solar’s voice was cold, she grabs the boy’s collar, “Don’t you even dare to lay hands on her again or hell, and don’t even look at her because you’re not worthy!”

The boy is trying to control his sobbing. But Solar ain’t done yet.

“Harass her again and I will be the one to put you on your own grave.”

“Y-you’re kidding, r-right?”

Solar smirks, venomous. She leaned closer, whispering in his ear, “Oh I pray to God that I am.”

The boy’s eyes widen beneath that blindfold, he feels the shiver runs down his spine. By that Solar release the boy’s collar harshly, and then she flips on the boy. Yuju stared in admiration, Solar’s acting is really on point. Best actress, indeed.

“Wow, you’re acting is daebak.” Yuju commented as they walk away from the boy while Solar is wiping her hands with a towel.

“Who said I was acting?” Solar said, raising a brow at Yuju. Oh , got really real. Yuju could only gulp. Moonbyul’s girl is a psycho. A beautiful psycho. Yuju just prayed that Moonbyul won’t get killed by Solar, goddamn, now she knows why her sister won’t even bother to look at others. Ah, Yuju likes this family even more.

But then the door opens, revealing a panting Moonbyul with a phone on her hand.

“What in the holy name are you two doing!?” She shouted which causes the two girls jumps a little on their feet. Moonbyul strides toward them, “Your classmate called me, saying that you dragged a body in here,” Pointing to this almost abandoned warehouse, “She thought it’s a dead body, Yuju.”

“Hold up, my dearest sister, the body was not dead.” Yuju pointed to the boy, blindfolded and strapped on the chair, Moonbyul’s mouth fell open. “But I think he’s going to be dead soon.” Referring to what Solar has done earlier.

“Did you just kidnap him?!Is that blood on his face? And Yongsun, you tolerated this?!”

Solar made an annoyed face, “I was the mastermind, actually, my dearest girlfriend.”

Moonbyul closes her eyes, she needs time to sink that in. Then she let out a loud sigh, “Okay. Okay, Yongsun. Wow, okay, um… let’s release him now before the police will get here.”

“Did you call the cops?” Yongsun questioned.

“No, Yongsun. I’m just scared someone did.” Moonbyul shakes her head, then she hears a click, she turns to Yuju.

“IS THAT A GUN, YUJU?!” She shouted, literally scared at what Yuju’s holding. “Mother of God, where the hell did you get that?”

Yuju casually shrugs while inspecting the gun in her hand, “Connections.”

“Put that thing down, now! That’s illegal possession of firearms. Goodness, you’re going to be the death of me!!”

“It’s just a gun. Chill.” Yuju reasoned out.

“You two…what will I do to the both of you.” Moonbyul faceplamed so hard, “My sister said, it’s just a gun, as if it could be a best friend. I’m doomed. This family is pretty doomed.”

--

“Mrs. Choi is in the lounge. She said she wants to talk you, Sir.” The voice on the receiver said and it made Mr. Kim drops his pen on top on the papers he has been signing. He contemplates for while, but ah, there’s no point for not meeting her. She could be his daughter’s mother-in-law, if ever. But sooner or later, they will have to talk.

“Okay Miss Chae, bring her to my office.” His voice is commanding but you could tell that his voice is a bit raspy now, you know getting aged has its price. With his might, he stood up from his chair, smoothed down his suit and tie as he moved to the elegant couch to wait for Mrs. Choi.

After a while the wooden office door opens, Mrs’ Choi smiling and saying her thanks to the secretary. Mr. Kim greeted her with a handshake as the secretary closes the door behind the woman. They smiled at each other, one was genuine, and one wasn’t.  And guess who’s who.

“Please,” Mr. Kim offered a seat and Mrs. Choi gladly obeyed. “What’s your business here, Hwayoung? Just finished your rounds?” The CEO asked, as he poured coffee on the Hwayoung’s white cup.

Mrs. Choi nodded. “How’s your daughter?” she asked after sipping the warm coffee.

“Still happy with your own daughter.” Mr. Kim, with a proud smile, said. He knows it tick something off in Moonbyul’s mother, well, he may not say much but he knows how to play someone too. And Hwayoung is the perfect candidate.

Hwayoung had to scoff, laughing bitterly too, while her hand was covering . “Your daughter has some guts. She perfectly dented my name and caused humiliation to my party. I guess I deserve some apologies coming from the both of you. Public apology, press conference would be great.”

Now, it’s time for Mr. Kim to laugh. “You bother to come all the way here just to tell me that nonsense? Oh wait, should you be the one to tell me an apology because you invaded my daughter’s personal life? Tailing her everywhere? I could sue you, by the way.”

Mrs. Choi’s eyes twitch, her anger is rising. Of course, Mr. Kim knew those photos thing. Connections.

“Look here, Mr. Kim, if you still doesn’t get the whole picture of this, I don’t like your daughter for Moonbyul. And I don’t want to involve my daughter to her, she’s got an attitude, foul-mouth that probably she gets from you.” Mrs. Choi retorted, “She’s careless too.”

Mr. Kim calmly puts down his own cup of coffee down, once again smoothing his tie that Solar tied in that morning before he goes to the office, “You got some nerve talking bad about my daughter, here, in my own office and in my own company. You know what Mrs. Choi, I’ve already met Moonbyul, good kid I might say. Just a little bit, you know, y.” Mr. Kim snorted, is that even a word? But that’s how Solar describes Moonbyul to him one night when they’re talking about her daughter’s girlfriend. Mrs. Choi’s eyes narrowed. Then Mr. Kim continues, “Just because you have power, doesn’t mean you have the right to judge other people. Have you even met my daughter? Have you even talked to her? Or have you just believed in the hearsay? I admit, my daughter may have shortcomings in the past. But haven’t you noticed? She’s in her greatness when she’s with Moonbyul. Your daughter.  And Moonbyul’s in her bravest when she’s with Yongsun. My daughter.”

Mr. Kim has to heave a sigh, looking at the cold expression of the woman in front of her, “You’re missing a piece of your life, Hwayoung, if you just keep on hating on them. Can’t you see? They’re enduring everything just to be together and don’t you bull on this. For Pete’s sake.”

Getting no reply, Mr. Kim has something to say again, “Be happy for Moonbyul for once, she suffered enough from you. And one more blow to my Yongsun, I swear to heavens you’re going to get it from me.”

“Okay, no apologies then?” Hwayoung calmly said, Mr. Kim had to slump himself to the couch. Did Hwayoung even listen to him?

But he smiled anyway, “You’re living your life the wrong way, Hwayoung. If only happiness and acceptance could wrap in a box, I’ll give it to you as a gift. Thousands of it.”

Hwayoung smiled too, not backing down, “Thank you for your time, Mr. Kim. It’s such a pleasure to have talked to you about this. But please, don’t you ever lecture me again.  It’s annoying me.”

Once the conceited woman walks out from his door, he took off his eyeglasses then sips on his coffee.

“Oh, I forgot to tell her about Nayeon. But whatever, I have a feeling that she’ll make a good grandma.”

--

Yuju went home, a little bit late, okay not a little bit because it’s already two in the morning. She carefully walks through their living room, trying not to knock down something for she’s walking in the dark because getting the lights on would mean trouble, and that, she means her mother.

One more step and she’ll get into stairway that would lead her to her room, but then the light turns on. She curses under her breath, getting herself ready.

“Yuju.” Her mother called out, Yuju sighed turning around to her mother.  “Where did you go?”

“Yeah, yeah. My ’s ready for your whippings.” Yuju said, tiredly, and then walks to her mother ready to receive her punishment. Then Hwayoung’s gaze softens for a bit but her cold eyes returns when Yuju looked at her. Yuju turned around when she’s inches away from her mother, “Just make it quick, I have tests later.”

But Hwayoung couldn’t move, Mr. Kim may know that she’s not listening earlier but trust her, she took the blow of Mr. Kim too intensely. The man’s word earlier really hits her, it’s eating her up.

She sighs, “I’m just asking you where you went.”

Yuju straightened herself, this is not her mother, or is she? But the mother she knows will not let you explain yourself and will just get right into hitting her or if she’s lucky, it’s just a lecture. She looks at her mother, eyes narrowing and questioning.

“I went to unnie, we went out to have dinner, of course with her girlfriend, Yongsun or Solar by the way. Then we went to this public library, she helps me to study about chemistry and all those chemical forms. But goodness, I couldn’t get everyone of them in my mind. Fortunately, Moonbyul-unnie is good at teaching me some tricks how to get that in my head. So yeah, I ended up going home late.” Yuju said, mixed with excitement but with slight annoyance, of course skipping the part where they kidnap a boy and ended up releasing him. Thank heavens, no lawsuit. Bless that boy.

 As Yuju was saying those things, her mother unconsciously smiled, amused by the fact that her youngest is talking to her with much enthusiasm. She’s racking up her brain as when was the last time she talks to Yuju like this, probably never. And knowing that the sisterly bond between her daughters is still going strong, it warms her heart.

“Are you sick?” Yuju finally said, she noticed the smiling face of her mother.

“Huh?”

“You’re smiling.”

“Can’t I smile?”

“But you never smile when we are alone together.”

“Oh.”

 Hwayoung looks down, somehow ashamed. She really did miss a lot. Her perfectionist self isn’t that perfect anymore, it has been cracked. All this time, she’s really living her life the wrong way. Too much motherly moments have been lost. If only Hwayoung listened to her mother while she’s still Bucheon, if only she softens her heart more, probably she’s happy right now.

“Mom,” Yuju taps her mother’s shoulder, “Are you okay?”

Her mother nods her head, “Yes, Yuju. Don’t worry.”

Even though Yuju is young, she’s not stupid not to notice her mother’s actions. She knew something’s up, and she hopes it’s a good-something. She might not know what happened to cause these actions from her mother, but she’s thankful for what it is.

Then Yuju unexpectedly hug her, she gasps. She’s feeling unfamiliar to this gesture. But Yuju just held her mother, “Don’t cry now, Mom.”

“My youngest.” Her mother muttered, rubbing Yuju’s back slowly.

But Hwayoung did the opposite, she cried.

--

Moonbyul opens the newspaper in her hands, reading the today’s news. Economy, crimes, lifestyle and of course, their faces on the celebrity buzz page. But Moonbyul didn’t read that last section, she’s more curious about politics and economy growth. While Solar, on the other hand, eats her layered pancakes with honey syrup and blueberry toppings.

They are on a morning date on one café on the alley that opens as early as five-thirty am, now that’s how a coffee shop should work. It’s already six thirty on the clock, an hour before Moonbyul’s class and two hours more for Solar to get ready with her photo shoot.

Moonbyul sips on her freshly brewed coffee, eyes glued on the printed words.

“I will send you lunch, later, Yuju too,” Solar said as she swallowed the not chewed well pancakes.

Moonbyul hums in agreement, flipping to other page.

“I’m going to cook.”

Moonbyul hums again, but when the word ‘cook’ sinks in, she immediately look at the girl. “Aren’t you a bit busy today?”

“I have spare time, plus cooking is just easy-peasy.”

If the world will know one flaw, just one flaw of THE Kim Yongsun that is…she’s not a very good cook. Her cooking skills are very, very limited. She can cook instant noodles and nothing follows.

“We are just going to buy our own lunch, you don’t have to tire yourself, love.” Moonbyul said, as lovingly as she could, with those smiles that can swoon anybody. She needs to win over this, or else she and Yuju could end up being in a hospital.

“No. I will cook, Moonbyul. Don’t you fight me on this one.”

“You’re busy then—“

“Byul.” Solar called, her voice somewhat cold.

“Yes, love?”

“I. Will. Cook. For. You.”

Moonbyul mutters ‘oh god’ but making sure Solar didn’t hear it. And why is she nodding? Spell whipped, M-O-O-N-B-Y-U-L, whipped. Solar grins so widely, and then eats a big portion of her big pancake. Moonbyul replied with a smile also, while wiping crumbs on her girlfriend’s chin.

After eating their breakfast, Solar decided to walk Moonbyul to her school. They’re both laughing, tickling each other, being lovey-dovey. Suddenly, people are taking pictures of them, fansites. Moonbyul just looks at them with her straight face while Solar smiles while waving her hand.

Moonbyul puts her arm around the girl, pulling her closer, “Aren’t they getting tired taking photos of us?”

“They’re my fansites, no need to worry, they’re harmless.” Solar answered, continuing her waving and smiling, “You should smile too, all your pictures from their pages looks so serious.”

But Moonbyul still kept her straight face.

“Love, do the gangster’s pose.” Solar demonstrated it, fingers forming a gun while crossing it on her chest with the swag expression. “Come on. Be nice to them.”

“God, the things I do for you.” Then without wasting any second, Moonbyul did what Solar has just done. Solar laughs at how silly her girlfriend can get, but of course she’s not going to lose to Moonbyul. Solar did her most iconic kung-fu pose and it’s time for Moonbyul to laugh.

People laugh at them, snapping every angle of it. Just a photo of this couple will collect a thousand of comments from the netizens, some are good comments, like ‘I just love these couple <3 stay strong’ but some aren’t nice, like ‘Are they dead yet? ._.’ Oh, shady.

“Byul, let’s kiss.”

“No.”

“Pleaseee.”

“In front of them? No, Yongsun.”

Moonbyul kept walking while Solar is clinging so tightly to her arm. She had to fix her bangs, feeling so self-conscious again and shy. Solar continued her pouting, Moonbyul had to look away. This isn’t fair for her. But with few tugs on her arm, she leaned down and she kisses her pouting girlfriend’s cheek. People around them gasp in surprise. Moonbyul again lower her head, touching her bangs, her cheeks are flushing. While Solar’s smile was so bright you could see your future.

Actually, Yuju’s there, in the distance. Watching her sister and her girlfriend PDA moments. She accidentally saw them while walking to her campus, but after what just had happened she went the other way. The couple is just too sweet, she gags. Her facial expressions clearly made a disgusted face.

“Wow. I bet the bashers are getting fired up early in the morning.” She smirks, as she reads her notes still memorizing molecular formulas, for example, HOOCCOOH.

 

--

A/N:

Um, two chapters more!

And you guys....I am not expecting to see screen caps of this story just flying around on twitter. Hahaha! Wow, you guys. (I don't have twitter because I am more on tumblr, yeah, I was just using my brother's just to see some Mamamoo updates. Then, I saw a pic, seems familiar then I saw it! I see you. ._. and if the people from twitter read this, yeah you, thank you for enjoying this too much) But then I felt...shy? My goodness. Why.

Well, still thank you guys for reading this!:) 

Mamamoo fighting! Hahaha.

Okay bye!