Undici

Finalmente

Solar stirred a little, her hands exploring the comfy duvet next to hers but no Moonbyul to touch. Though her eyes are still heavy from sleep she immediately opened it but only to meet the blonde-haired girl staring directly just adjacent to her. Moonbyul sat on the edge of Hwasa’s bed, crossed leg and her hand supporting her chin. She smiled at Solar but a smile that doesn’t reach her eyes.

“Good morning,” Moonbyul started, “Had a nice sleep?”

Solar, on the other hand beamed so widely, she doesn’t even remember when does she smiled so widely after waking up. Her high from last night’s moment are still lingering in every part of her system, it felt surreal for her. And by Moonbyul’s staring at her, she sort of feeling shy so she used the part of the duvet to cover her face a little.

She nodded, “Yeah, and you?”

“Um, not really. You literally slept on top of me, clinging to me. My arm hurts. Even my head hurts. And oh, how did I end up here? I really can’t remember what happened last night?” Moonbyul asked so innocently, scratching her head, slightly pouting.

And that question stopped Solar’s world, no scratched the word ‘stopped’ because it ‘crumbled’ Solar’s world. Her eyes widen in shocked, her heart’s beating so fast and loud. She sat up from the bed, immediately, causing Moonbyul to flinch as if surprise.

“Are you being serious right now Moonbyul?” She asked, her brows knitting.

“I…uh…yeah? I wouldn’t ask if I knew right?” Moonbyul said carefully, her legs uncrossing.

Solar shook her head, and damn she’s teary right now. Oh let me tell you Moonbyul, you confessed to me and oh, you even kissed me like there’s no tomorrow!! She wanted to say that, but how could she if the other girl wouldn’t remember a thing! She’ll embarrass herself and Moonbyul would’ve just denied it. She should have known, drunk confession is not a good idea and damn it hurts when Moonbyul couldn’t even remember the kiss they had.

“Uh, Yongsun?” Moonbyul waved her hands in front of the girl who is spacing out right now. She tried to caress her cheek but Solar just slapped it away, she winces in pain. Moonbyul’s hand was swelling and it has a bruised, that’s the hand that she used to punch that Eric. Solar didn’t notice that because her focus was a bit distorted right now. She couldn’t even think straight, she’s this heart broken right now. She wanted to cry, it ing hurt her.

“Go away Moonbyul!” She exclaimed while getting out of bed. Moonbyul just chuckled as Solar tried to walk past the taller girl.

Moonbyul blocked her, not letting Solar to walk any further right now. And it pissed Solar the hell out of her. She just wanted to be away from Moonbyul and the other girl was making it hard for her. Moonbyul was smirking at her but Solar just glared at her, teeth gritting.

The smaller girl pushed Moonbyul out of her way but being the taller girl the stronger one, she didn’t even budge.

“I said go away Moonbyul! You insensitive!” She hits Moonbyul’s chest.

“You’re the heartless person I ever met!” She pushed Moonbyul.

“Mean-spirited Moonbyul!” And by both of her arms, she hits Moonbyul’s torso again and again. She needs to let out her anger or else she’ll just cry in front of the other girl, but goodness she really needs to cry.

Moonbyul on the other hand was still smiling, but Solar is hitting her hard right now so before her chest would bleed out she struggled to grasp both of the other’s wrists. And after some struggling from the violent girl, she successfully held on to it.

“God, you’re fun to tease.” Moonbyul let out a small laugh looking at the raging girl, her nose muscles scrunches up higher.

And that made Solar stopped her brutal attacks, she’s panting and she doesn’t know if it’s tiredness or frustration but maybe both. She just cast an eye over at the laughing girl, as if this is a laughing matter.

Then Moonbyul move Solar’s arm, wrapping the idol’s arms around her waist. Solar was embracing Moonbyul, with the taller girl’s hands on both of her wrists.

“Do you seriously think I forgot what happened last night, Yongsun? Huh?” Moonbyul leaned closer that she could hear how Solar hitched her breath.

“That’s the best kiss I had in awhile Yongsun. You have the best lips, girlfriend.”

And by that Moonbyul captured the smaller girl lips, tasting it again and again. Solar would never knew how she didn’t get enough sleep last night because she’s busy staring at the sleeping figure, she took some snaps of her sleeping also. She also stole some kisses on the older’s plump lips, nibbling it before kissing it again. Moonbyul was surprised that Solar didn’t even wake up, she guessed that other girl was just a deep sleeper. But then Solar pulled away from the kiss, not smiling but her eyes are almost crying.

“What the hell Moonbyul?! That wasn’t funny! I thought…I thought…” Then she started to sob, Moonbyul instantly hugged her tightly, hushing her now crying girlfriend. “I thought I lost you and it’s not even twenty four hours that we’re together. Heavens, you’re so dumb Moonbyul!”

Moonbyul rubbed Solar’s lower back but that made the idol cry more harder, letting out a ‘hnggh’ in the process which made the blonde-haired girl chuckle.

“You’ll never lose me. And I’m sorry. And you cry funny.” Moonbyul commented, pulling away from the hug but cupping Solar’s cheeks. She wipes the tears while Solar just pinched her tummy, the girl was still pouting and Moonbyul couldn’t help it that she kissed the idol’s lips, again. Yeah, she’s that clingy. But is Solar complaining? Nope!

--

“Goddammit Moonbyul!” Hwasa yelled, fingers running through her hair and pacing restlessly, her hand on her waist. Moonbyul flinches at the yell, together with Whee In. The small girl beside Moonbyul was all fidgety that she keeps on playing the hem of her shirt. They’re just outside of the clinic where Eric has been rushed to last night. Solar went inside earlier to check how Eric’s condition is and before she could get inside earlier, she shoot a look to Moonbyul which made the latter looked down in fear.

 “Did you see what you did to Eric’s face?!” Hwasa exclaimed and sighed to release some of her anger, “His manager will come to collect him once we set foot on the town, and he’s an idol Moonbyul. His face was his money maker together with his voice! What will I explain to his company? Oh my gosh! This is making my head hurts.”

“Don’t use bad—“

“Shut up don’t you dare correct my used of language right now Moonbyul, you’ve cause too much trouble right now. And we’ll talk about you and Solar later. This is hellish! I’m quitting my job once we’re in Seoul. I’d rather be broke than to handle this ing situation.”

And that made Moonbyul to shut up. If there’s a lesson that she learns about Solar’s manager probably that is not to mess with the beast, she’s the maddest. Then Hwasa cursed some more.

The Red Velvet members came into view moving towards the trio, Wendy already told them the story and what Eric condition is. Whee In smiled nervously at them, curling and hiding more behind Moonbyul but the latter was just letting her head hung low out of embarrassment.

“Moonbyul unnie! You’re some bad huh? Too bad I couldn’t watch the fight last night, I bet you looked so awesome beating Eric’s arse!” Yeri excitedly said, putting an arm around Moonbyul and pulling her close.

Wendy shook her head while Irene glared at Yeri, the maknae caught the glare and she immediately dropped her laughter which made Joy let out a teasing smirk towards her. Yeri mouthed ‘sorry’ and bowed a little to them, arm falling out that’s been around Moonbyul.  Seulgi patted Moonbyul’s shoulder and Whee In’s too.

“I told you Hwasa not to bring any alcoholic beverages in this trip and now looked what had happened.” Irene pointed out, facing directly at the stress manager. Hwasa just rolled her eyes, preparing herself to another long sermon by grandma Bae.

But before Irene could start, the doctor with his pressed long sleeve together with Solar got out from the room. They all turned their attention to the attending physician that is talking to Solar for what they guessed was Eric’s progress.

“Oh Doc Moon! You’re here.” The physician smiled widely at the girl, his hand reaching out for a hand shake. The others frowned, especially Solar. Doc Moon?

Moonbyul returned the smile, her hand shaking the physician’s.

“Good day Mr. Choi, been awhile.” Moonbyul politely said, letting go of the handshake.

“You’ve grown, what a fine lady you are. But seriously, don’t brawl out here. The guy was ready to pressed charges, but the beautiful lady here,” He looked at Solar, “Convinced him to just talk it out.”

Moonbyul nodded, glancing at Solar and smiling even but just met with a stone cold expression. She gulped.

“Should I tell this to your mom?” The physician asked earning a loud gasped from Moonbyul and Whee In was heard.

“NO!” An adamant voice from the duo was heard too, which made the physician chuckle and the others to knit their eyebrows together in confusion.

“Oh Whee In! I didn’t see you there.” The doctor smiled then waved at the little girl just behind Moonbyul, “Why aren’t you greeting Uncle huh?”

“Good day Uncle. I swear I’m not involved to this mess. Don’t tell my parents. ” Whee In begged, her eyes pleading, “This is all Moonbyul’s fault.” Then later Moonbyul elbowed her stomach causing her to whimper.

“Don’t tell my mom Sir. I can handle this.” Moonbyul pleaded also.

“Of course girls. I know your parents too well. They’re gonna be in rage,” He reached out to the duo’s head and ruffles their hair, “You two have grown. And by the way,” He looks so serious right now, that the others know he’s back being a professional.

“Your friend, Mr. Eric Nam was good to go. He just broke his nose, he’s just resting right now. He got a pretty bad hangover, once the medication sets in he’s all good.” He said, his smile never faltering. And all of them sighed in relief. “Any questions?” the physician asked, but all of them shook their head, “You can see him, I’ll be going now. See you Moonbyul and my small Whee In.”

Once the doctor was out of sight, the Red Velvet members went inside the room together with Hwasa but her glaring eyes not leaving Moonbyul.  Outside, Solar, Moonbyul and Whee In, facing each other.

“I’ll pay if ever he needs surgery.” Moonbyul hurriedly said, arms on the mid-air, keeping herself away in an arm’s length from Solar. And Whee In just looked at how whipped is Moonbyul right now, is this really her friend?

“A fist fight Moonbyul? Really?” Solar asked in disbelief, she didn’t know Moonbyul could be this violent too that she made Eric’s nose to break.

“Well…I was in raged last night. He whips Whee In’s arm,” She held up Whee In’s arm, “And he made me jealous, saying that he owns you that he likes you and I need to backed off?  And then boom, the fight happened. He couldn’t even throw a perfect punch.” Moonbyul scoffs, letting Whee In’s arm down.

“Woah, looking so full on our self are we, my friend?” Whee In shook her head at how confident Moonbyul is right now.”You the baddest.”

While the two friends are playing around with each other, Solar couldn’t help herself but to let out a small smile, hiding it well. Though Moonbyul made a wrong move, but listening how the girl would get all protective towards her, it made her heart flutter.

“Doc Moon?” Solar suddenly muttered which caught the two laughing girls’ attention.

“Ah he likes to call me that, since my mother’s a doctor.” Moonbyul answered.

“Did you know that Moonbyul was a med school dropout? God, she barely finished the first semester.” Whee In laughed, pushing her friend playfully.

 Moonbyul rolled her eyes, “Yah, it’s not that…”

“Whatever Byul, I’ll go check Eric. See that if he ever needs surgery, I’ll be calling your mom. Really.” Whee In smirked, leaving the couple.

“I didn’t know that.” Solar turned to Moonbyul, referring to the med school days of the latter.

“Well…my mom’s choice. But you know, I couldn’t find any interest or motivation that time then gradually I dropped out. And move here with grandma and Umji.” Moonbyul cut it there, she’s not ready to tell yet the whole story about her family. That her and her mom isn’t on a good term, even until now. Maybe someday she could tell Solar this, maybe? She managed to smile, letting Solar know that it’s all good.

“I think you’ll be a good doctor.” Solar suddenly commented, arms encircling Moonbyul’s waist. The taller girl scoffs and raised a questioning eye brow.

“And what made you say that?”

“Because you’re good at caring for people, well except for Eric obviously, but generally yeah. And you’ll look cool with that white coat on, your hair on a ponytail, looking all hot and glorious when you had your serious face on while focus on something,” Solar sighed dreamily while imagining these things, wow, Moonbyul’s an epitome of the word ‘-dropper’.

 “And maybe you could cure cancer finally, I’ll be a proud girlfriend then.” Solar continued, her smile blinding Moonbyul that the latter looked away shyly.

Moonbyul caressed Solar’s back, “If we aren’t in the open, I would kiss you.”

“You could kiss me later, girlfriend.” Solar whispered then giggled. And for pete’s sake they looked like a high school couple that will make you gag but at the same time cringe then can’t help but giggle at the end.

--

“You take care on your way okay?” Solar said sadly as she hugged Irene tightly, Hwasa hugging the other members. They all went home to the main town after Eric was fine to travel, and as to how the travel went, it was awkward for Solar, Moonbyul and Eric. The others don’t know it yet about Moonbyul’s and Solar’s real score but they can feel something was going on. Moonbyul tried to talk to Eric, to say sorry as to Solar’s command but the guy wouldn’t spare her a look. Moonbyul just shrugged it off and just went ‘fine by me’.

“Thank you for visiting me here. I’ll come back on Seoul soon.” Solar finally said. Moonbyul heard this and can’t help but feel a pang of sadness, of course she knew Solar would come home soon. She only had few more weeks left in the town and that got Moonbyul contemplating as to how they would keep their relationship.

“Are you sure you’re not coming with us Hwasa unnie?” Joy asked hugging the short red-haired girl.

“Not yet, Solar and I need to have a talk first. Call us when you got home safely.” Hwasa said, opening the van for the others to walk in and with a final hug from Joy, she said her goodbye.

“Unnie we’ll be having a mini concert soon, please come and support us.” Seulgi said to Moonbyul, “We’ll be expecting the two of you!” she included Whee In who is waving goodbye to Wendy. Moonbyul and Whee In nodded in response.

“We’ll be there, inform us Seulgi.” Moonbyul answered as she hugged the smiling Seulgi, “Take care.” She let her go and she pats the head of the maknae, Yeri. “And you evil maknae, let’s drink soju once your concert is done.” Moonbyul said whispering carefully, not letting the others hear her.

“I am glad to accept the invitation of yours master.” Yeri replied fast once she heard that soju is part of the invite. “I’ll make sure the Unnies will not know this secret of ours.”

Moonbyul smiled widely giving Yeri a hug, “Look forward to that, my young Padawan.” And they both snorted. Nerds will know.

 Eric on the other hand approached Moonbyul and Yeri excused herself and went to her Solar Unnie.

“Hey.” Eric started, hands on his pockets.

“Hey Eric.” Moonbyul responded, standing straighter. “I’m sorry about your,” the girl pointed at his nose which had a white patch band-aid around the bridge of it.

“You’ll pay my hospital bills? Send me the cash.” Eric joked, trying not to laugh much because his nose will hurt if he did that. Moonbyul can’t help but laugh also, “Hey take care of Solar for me?” she looked at Eric’s eyes, and his eyes are full of concern.

“I will.” Moonbyul said with much determination. They’re both looking at Solar, that’s busy giving hugs and goodbye to others.

--

“Did you think this through?”

“Hwasa—“

“I know you have feelings for Moonbyul but this? Don’t you think it’s too damn early for a relationship?”

“Moonbyul and I—“

“No,no. Stop talking for a moment Solar. And ing listen to me. You’ll be back in Seoul, and once you’re there all eyes are on you again, fansites and paparazzi will tail you. I spoke to the CEO about your upcoming schedules and let me tell you, it was fully packed that you can only rest for a day. There’s a recording, a CF shoot and even a variety show lined up for you. Your fans are demanding your comeback. Now tell me how you will work out your relationship with Moonbyul? I’m all ears for what you have to say.”

“Hwasa stop, we can handle this.” Solar said short, but deep inside she knew Moonbyul and her doesn’t have any plan. Hwasa was right on how they could handle their relationship once she moved back to Seoul.

“To make it even more complicated, your relationship with Moonbyul could ruin you. You knew same relationship is frown upon in this country. If you asked me and our friends, we are in favor to who you love but your fans and society? I think not. And it could ruin Moonbyul too, your fans could bash her.”

Solar closed her eyes, hoping it could block Hwasa’s hurtful yet honest words. She could stand the entire backlash that will thrown to her but when Moonbyul is involved, damn she could kill. And if there’s one thing Solar liked about her manager is that she doesn’t sugarcoat her words, she will go straight to kill. She let her body to fall against her mattress, arms covering her face. Hwasa sighed sitting beside her best friend.

“What do you want me to do Hwasa?” Solar’s voice quiver, she’s close to crying. She knew what Hwasa was suggesting, but could she do it? When she’s with Moonbyul, she’s not thinking that she’s a celebrity or an idol, she’s just the simple Yongsun that wants to be carefree and most of all Moonbyul’s girlfriend. But when Hwasa was throwing her the reality, she’s still the public figure ‘Solar’ who can’t just be herself.

“I know you just got together, but you know what to do. But I’m not forcing you to do that. It’s your choice and if Moonbyul could handle that—“

“Stop Hwasa, stop please.” Solar begged, tears streaming down her face, she sobbed.

Hwasa nodded, she looked at Solar whose arms are blocking her tear-stained face, “And I just want to let you know, your father told me that you’re going home to Seoul on Monday with me. You better pack your things.”

And by that Hwasa left closing the door Solar’s room, giving the crying girl privacy. And what’s worst today was a ing Saturday.

--

“Hey Umji,” Moonbyul scooped the little girl in her arms, kissing her cheeks in the process which made the little kid giggled.

“Yes Unnie?” Umji leaned to her unnie’s chest closer while her hands are busy playing with her rubik’s cube that Moonbyul gave her as a gift on her birthday. Yes, you can call Moonbyul a nerd and lame.

“What if Unnie has someone, you know like how lovers go, will you be okay with it?” Moonbyul asked Umji looking carefully at the little child.

“I like Yongsun-unnie for you.” Umji said so casually that it surprised Moonbyul. Her eyes widen but at the same time holding back her laughter. Moonbyul knew that it doesn’t answer the question but she likes it more.

“Kids these days are so bold.” Moonbyul mumbled, “Really? You like Yongsun unnie? For me?” She nudged the kid, begging for some attention because this is a serious talk for her.

“Yes unnie. Yongsun unnie likes you very much and you too right? And that’s all that matters.”

Moonbyul chuckled and she hopes Umji knows what she’s saying right now. The kid was just talking but she made sense. And looked how proud Moonbyul is, she raised Umji well.

“Thank you my baby Umji,” Moonbyul kissed the every part of the kid’s face which made the younger groan in disgust. But Moonbyul just laughed at how Umji struggled on her embrace then a knock on her interrupted their unnie-dongsaeng bonding. “Why did you lock the door? I told you grandma doesn’t have the key.” But Umji just shrugged at Moonbyul’s statement and stuck out her tongue which made the older to shake head.

Moonbyul made way to the door, she opened it expecting her grandma but no, it wasn’t her loving halmoni.

“I told you to answer your phone when I’m calling you, didn’t I?”

The person just outside her door was staring at her with those cat-like eyes with her stance that could intimidate anybody. Moonbyul just stared at her, mouth gaping, her gripped on the doorknob was tightening.

“Krystal,” She muttered under her breathe, trying to act calm in front of her.

Why the hell is she here?!?

 

 

 

--

A/N

Yo! Hwasa spitting the truth with fire! 

And yes, Krystal had made an appearance already.

Too much happenings, let us all suffer. (Hah! Hah!)

I was listening to Day6 "Letting Go" and I think that triggers me about Hwasa and Solar's scene. Why. 

And as always! Thank you for always commenting and for positive feedbacks! (and if something was lacking to this fic, feel free to comment it too!)

Byebye! See you on next update! Muah muah!!