Sei

Finalmente

“Yongsun don’t squish – NO! – Put it down Kim Yongsun!”

Moonbyul yelled as Solar’s going to squish or rather choke the bunny that’s on her hands.

“Yongsun please handle that with care – Arggh!”

Moonbyul ruffles her hair in frustration, she’s breathing heavily as she stared at the tray of eggs on the ground. Some eggs are cracked and the other are just rolling until it will come to a full stop.

These scenarios are what Moonbyul has to face on the daily basis. Being with Solar on the farm wasn’t that good, it’s frustrating her. Days wouldn’t go by without her cleaning the mess that Solar has done or without getting in a heated fight with the older. Sometimes Moonbyul wished that she could’ve been dead rather than to deal with Solar’s tantrums.

It’s only ten AM and Moonbyul’s tired already. She plopped herself down on a wooden bench that’s been placed just infront of a small non-functioning waterless fountain that’s beside the small barn.

“That girl needs some serious help.” Moonbyul said, in dead tone while staring at the algae-forming fountain.

Then a slap on her shoulder startled her and it hurts Moonbyul. She rubbed the part where it gets slapped and she’s sure that it’s reddening now and it will leave a bruised. She glared at the certain girl who just hit her, recently she’s gotten more and more Solar’s abuses.

“What the hell are you muttering about me again?” Solar questioned as she took a seat next Moonbyul and playfully pushed the black haired girl to make a more space for her. Moonbyul just stared at the girl, eyes tired and sighed.

“I can’t keep up with you Yongsun.”

Solar smirked, “Are you surrendering now Moon Byul Yi? Can I go back now to Seoul?”

 Moonbyul scoffed, “The only person that will allow you to go back to Seoul is your father. You know that.”

 As soon as Moonbyul reminded her that, she rolled her eyes and she leaned back on the bench with her arms crossed. Moonbyul noticed the sour expression of Solar and probed her more about her father.

“You seem to dislike your father.” She noted, carefully.

“He doesn’t care about me either. He stopped being a father to me since my mom’s death. Now all he cares about was his company.”

And Moonbyul doesn’t miss the sadness in Solar’s voice. Because of this statement Moonbyul learns something about Solar today. The younger girl empathizes with the woman, she knows the feeling of being left out, the need of attention. She knows the struggle. And she realizes that all of the things that differentiate her from Solar, there’s a pin point of similarity also.  

Solar kicked a lone pebble as she looked down but she can tell that Moonbyul was watching her and suddenly she feels conscious about herself. She doesn’t know what’s inside the head of the younger.

“And will you stop staring at me?” Solar continued, “You are creeping me out.”

She lied. Moonbyul doesn’t creep her out. She like it when Moonbyul stares at her. When the younger woman is looking at her, Solar feels appreciated and safe. Yes, she’s been being idolized even worshipped by many but no one looks at her the way Moonbyul looks.

Moonbyul can stare at her for more than ten seconds and she’s not exaggerating on this. But if she looked over at the girl, the younger would always looked away and turn her eyes anywhere but her. She would just scoff but later she would be smiling without anyone knowing. And this is the part where it will creep her out, it’s not Moonbyul, but her own self. She’s not like this, being all gooey and what not over a ‘stare’. That she started to question herself with ‘What is this emotion?’, though she probably knew the answer but she pretended not to know.

The younger looked away, shyly but with a smile glued to her face.

“You liked it.” Moonbyul blurted out.

“What?” Solar snapped her head towards, “You wish Moon Byul Yi.”

“Keep pretending Yongsun, you like it. Oh please.”

Moonbyul finally faces Solar with a confident smile, because she knew, whenever she looks at Solar she never fail to see that tinge of blush that will be around the older’s squishy cheeks. And how Solar changes her action when she’s looking at her, like tucking her hair behind her ear as if she’s shy.

“Why are you so conceited?”

The black haired girl laughed as she receives a hard push from Solar, who is glaring at her lips are preparing to break into a pout. Solar let out a series of punches on Moonbyul’s bicep but the younger kept on laughing.

“You punch funny Yongsun, you’re tickling me.” Moonbyul commented, and that’s it Yongsun goes straight to grab her neck.

“I’m going to choke you to death Moonbyul.” Solar grabbed her neck while the other hand was on Moonbyul’s collar. But being the stronger one, Moonbyul grabs Solar’s waist and encircled her arms around her and unknowingly pulled her closer. Solar squealed and squirmed.

Moonbyul was still letting out fits of laughter because teasing Solar was one of her happiness. And as for the latter, she just froze as she watch how Moonbyul’s nose scrunched up higher when she’s laughing and the small depression on her flesh just below her left eye. Then bit by bit her laughter died down and realizes how close Solar is to her. But the most dazzling about this part is, they both thought that the close proximity was somewhat comforting – too comforting for Solar that she doesn’t even want to move.

“Goodness you two looked like an old married couple.”

Whee In’s voice rang in their head which causes them turn their heads to her. The girl who just interrupted their little ‘comforting’ position and moment was holding up her phone, snapping a photo of the two. And when they heard the clicking sound, Moonbyul immediately let go of the girl though if she had her way she will just clung to Solar. The latter slightly pushed Moonbyul to give space between them, awkwardness soon followed.

“You looked good together.” Whee In smiled widely while scanning the picture she had taken. Moonbyul looking like a lost child while Solar had her brow creased and slightly ajar. But nevertheless, Whee In thought they both look good that this simple photo will go straight on the cover of Vogue.

The two women stood up from the bench, Moonbyul smiling at Whee In while Solar was shy as hell that she couldn’t look straight to both of them. But when she looked at Moonbyul, the girl sent her a cringe worthy wink and she looked at the taller girl with disgust and rolled her eyes.

Whee In just looked at them with a teasing look while biting her lower lip to prevent a smile to come out, it’s like watching a drama and Moonbyul is nailing it with her flirting and greasiness.

“Why are you here by the way?” Moonbyul asked while making her way to Whee In.

“Well, it’s the start of the school festival today. I just want to invite the two of you. Take a break, you’ve been working hard enough these past few days.”

Moonbyul looked at Solar, “Do you want to go?”

Actually Solar wanted to just lie on her bed, and do nothing. She’s been burned out these past days and she blamed it all to Moonbyul. She was about to say no.

“Come on Yongsun! It’ll be fun. There are lots of foods and I can sneak you on our music room.” Whee In bribed while wiggling her brows. Whee In’s witty, using music which she knew Solar cannot go without. And by that, Solar’s having second thoughts. It’s been awhile since Solar used her voice to sing, she missed playing piano, and maybe it will help her to release some frustrations she had.

Solar sighed inwardly, “Okay.” She replied short though she’s internally excited just by thinking about the music.

“Yay! You’ll never regret this day Yongsun. Our school has the most extravagant festival within the premises of Korea.” Whee In excitedly said while hooking her arm with Solar’s and they both laughed heartily and high five each other. Moonbyul just watched the two of them with a smiled on her face.

“These kids.” Moonbyul mumbled under her breath and shook her head in disbelief.

“Moonbyul’s paying for the food that we will eat” Whee In shouted while Solar just chuckled. Moonbyul wanted to say no but who can refuse when she just heard Solar’s cute little laugh. Whee In and Solar started to walked away leaving the taller girl behind. She can hear their conversations while Solar laugh every now and then and how Solar’s just how care free is around Whee In. And Moonbyul just followed them closely behind.

But Moonbyul didn’t know, whenever she looked down on the ground kicking some dust and pebble, Solar’s peeking at her direction with a bright but shy smile.

--

The school ground was a chaos. Food stalls and what-not-stalls are aligned while the students are all over the place, some of them are wearing a funny looking mask or face paint on their faces but it gives Solar as happy feeling. It’s been awhile since she last step on a school, and this experience definitely brings nostalgic feelings to her.

She’s munching a blue cotton candy which Whee In bought with Moonbyul’s money. Whee In literally took Moonbyul’s wallet and holding it in her hand while the latter just whined.

“Just buy whatever you want Yongsun, don’t worry about the money. Moonbyul got you.” Whee In whispered while showing the black leather wallet.

“You two seemed so close.” Solar commented while pointing Moonbyul with her chin while the other girl was talking to a student with smiles on their faces and it irked Solar since they’re taking a long time just for a ‘small talk’.

“As I said last time, we’re literally bestfriends since birth. And this school was our former school, she’s quite famous here actually.”

After Whee In said that, more students – mostly girls – are now surrounding Moonbyul, some of them are snapping photos with her and touching her. And Solar raised an annoying look towards the students.

“See. Girl crush.” The smaller girl said casually while munching her cotton candy and proceeded to the next stall that sells ttokbokki, not knowing that the girl beside her was shooting daggers towards Moonbyul’s direction.

Solar scoffs, “Girl crush my .”

Moonbyul saw Solar watching her and she immediately bowed to the students as she excuse herself, she jogged until she reached where the girl is and smiled brightly as soon as she’s infront of her. But the shorter girl just glared at her. And Moonbyul just sighed as she knew Solar’s got a mood swing again.

“What did I do this time?” She questioned putting her hands on her waist.

“Ugh! You’re so stupid.” Solar muttered and tried walking away, towards Whee In who’s happily eating her food while chatting on her students. Moonbyul was dumbfounded.

“Seriously?” Moonbyul followed the now grumpy Solar and match her pace until they’re beside each other.

“Your fangirls are annoying.” Solar muttered accidentally which she knew Moonbyul heard crystal clear so she walks quickly not caring if she will bump someone and damn that was embarrassing on her part. Moonbyul looked at her, teasing. She’s trying not to laugh but she releases a megawatt smile that’s so blinding.

“What did you say?” Moonbyul leaned closer to Solar and she watches how the girl turned red.

Solar shook her head.

“I heard something Yongsun, something about my fangirls? Oh wait,” Moonbyul carefully watches Solar, “You’re jealous.”

Solar stopped on her tracks and face Moonbyul, shocked and embarrassed at the same time, “I’M NOT!”

“Just admit it, I know, I know.”

The other girl pushed Moonbyul so hard but the latter just smiled genuinely at her.

“I am not jealous Moon Byul Yi, I’ve never been jealous.” Solar pointed out.

“Whatever you say Yongsun.” Moonbyul sing songed and she suddenly hugged Solar. “Cute Yongsun”

“Get off me! Clingy Moonbyul!” Solar squirmed but she couldn’t lie, she likes clingy Moonbyul.

Whee In just rolled her eyes at them but a smile plastered on her face, it’s been awhile since she saw Moonbyul this happy after Krystal left.

--

 The three of them were walking on the hallway, they are on their way to the music room which Whee In promised Solar. Moonbyul is scanning her wallet and voila, they literally spent every single dime she has this day, she pinches the bridge of her nose and kicked Whee In’s leg but the shorter girl just laughed and stuck her tongue out.

Then they noticed the students around them whispering while darting their gazes to Solar, which the idol didn’t notice for she was thinking about other things, like how she really feels for Moonbyul.

Suddenly a boy stood infront of Solar which startled her, as if on cue, Moonbyul was beside her with a protective arm around her waist which made the brown haired girl looked at her in surprise.

“Are you…are you Miss Solar Kim?” The boy questioned carefully.

“Um…yes, I am.” Solar then nodded and the boy and other students go ‘kyaaaa~’

Students – mostly boys – flocked around Solar, but Moonbyul held her tightly which Solar didn’t mind for she leaned more against the body of the taller girl.

“Students behave!” Whee In tried to control the students by pushing them lightly, why didn’t she think that Solar can be popular among the students, she could’ve been more careful about this. She saw Moonbyul glared at the boy who touched Solar’s arm in a provocative way and she knew Moonbyul’s raging. And some are touching her hair.

“Let’s take a picture Solar-ssi!”

“Sign this for me Solar-ssi!”

Solar tried her best to smile, but deep down she doesn’t want to. The students terrified her. Moonbyul saw this and she instinctively held her tighter as if hugging her and Solar buried her face on the crook of her neck. Cameras are flashing and Whee In knew this isn’t good, the students are careless when posting something on social medias. Whee In didn’t tell Solar that her father gave her orders that she and Moonbyul should protect Solar’s identity as long as her daughter is staying there.

“Follow me.” Whee In said to Moonbyul and the taller girl nodded, after the push and pull with the students and slightly running and taking turns from here and there, trying to mislead the students they finally reached the door to where the music room is. Once they are inside, Whee In locked it.

“I’m sorry. I’m sorry.” Moonbyul repeatedly mumbled while cradling Solar who has been in a state of shock. Yes, she’s used to the popularity but she’s not used when fans are trying to touch here anywhere it still scared her unless she’s the one initiating the contacts.

 Whee In feels sorry too, she signaled something on Moonbyul and the girl nodded. And she immediately she gets out of the room.

Solar shifted but still she remained on Moonbyul’s embrace.

“How are you feeling?”

The idol looked up just to see Moonbyul’s concerned gaze she couldn’t help the small smile that appeared on her lips. She could feel Moonbyul’s heartbeat against her and how she can also feel the other girl’s breathe against her forehead.

“I think I’m fine now.”

“We never should’ve brought you here, we didn’t realize that the students can recognized you. I’m sorry.”

“It’s nobody’s fault. Okay?”

And unknowingly Solar caresses Moonbyul’s cheek, the black haired girl was surprise since Solar isn’t the type to be touchy as she observed this past days that they’ve been together. All the girl can do was to initiate fighting and arguments. This is why Solar is interesting in Moonbyul’s eyes, she couldn’t predict what will the girl do next, it seems Solar’s personality has so many layers waiting for her to unfold.

And by the way Solar keeps looking at her, she thinks she’s going to explode. Solar’s no better also compared to Moonbyul, she can’t even breath properly. If Moonbyul had her way she could kiss Solar, right here right now but she immediately though that Solar can’t like her and she’s probably straight anyway. And it crossed Moonbyul’s thoughts that she probably had a boyfriend back in Seoul.

But she didn’t know that all Solar want or need at this moment was for her to kiss the girl.

Before anything else could happen between them Moonbyul gathered all her strength and decided to look away and carefully let go Solar out of her embrace. The other woman was disappointed though.

“Whee In’s on the way to fix something about this incident. Let’s just wait for her.” Moonbyul said, surprising herself that she didn’t stutter for her heart is still on a tachycardic state.

Be normal. Be normal.

“O-oh okay.” Solar nodded and propped herself down on chair, steadying herself. She’s so close to lose herself to Moonbyul. So close to kissing her.

Goodness that was close.

Moonbyul looked over at Solar, who just stared at her clasped hand. The light illuminating her beauty, and she can’t help but gawked. But even in a distressed state, Solar still manage to look pristine as ever that Moonbyul find it hard to properly breathe.

Moonbyul sighed and turned around, “Damn, I lose. I’m falling for her.” She muttered.

And the funny thing is, Solar too.

 

--

A/N:

Okay! we've got a little progress I think?

Thank you for commenting, subs and upvotes! 

MoonSun...so stubborn.