Diciassette

Finalmente

“Where should we go?” Solar asked as she clings to Moonbyul’s arm, smiling gently at the younger. Today is Solar’s free day and Moonbyul’s little self-study in the library is already done. And they are not going to waste this precious time to be together. Moonbyul smiled as she lower down the cap that Solar is wearing to cover the idol’s face a little.

“Where do you want to?” She asked as they walked through the exit of the library, still with Solar clinging tightly on her arm. Solar thinks for a while, not knowing exactly where she wanted to go but she’s fine with anywhere as long as she’s with her girlfriend. There’s still coupe of people in the hallway as they made a beeline towards the way out of the building. Moonbyul moved her arm around the waist of Solar and pulled her closer and even though the idol is on fully undercover, her protective self is coming out so naturally. And Solar didn’t mind it a bit and actually enjoying how Moonbyul’s protecting her.

Solar hummed, still thinking as she leaned herself to the other girl’s body. Moonbyul noticed how Solar can’t decide to anything, she sighed at how her girlfriend can’t settle with what she likes sometimes and in the end the taller girl will make the final decision for them.

“Hey, did you know that Tiffany and Taeyeon owned a quaint café just near the apartment building? Would you like to go there?” Moonbyul suggested finally and Solar smiled.

“Sorry, did I take long enough to think and decide again?” Solar sighed, corner of lips tugging downward. Moonbyul chuckled, her dry lips after while looking away.

“Yes Yongsun, I thought you spaced out.”

Solar pouted, pushing Moonbyul a little.

“You can’t go a day without teasing me Moonbyul.”

“No teasing my Yongsun is like a day without sunshine.”

The taller girl defended, she took Solar’s hand and interlaced their fingers.

“Goodness Moonbyul, you smooth talker.” Solar rolled her eyes, trying to hide the smile that will escape her lips. Moonbyul scrunched up her nose as she dragged Solar out of the school’s perimeter, she spotted a familiar figure.

Moonbyul’s eyes widen and she immediately pulled the idol into the nearest building of cemented blocks to hide them from the person. Solar yelped as she felt the surprised pull of Moonbyul on her arm. She almost yelled at Moonbyul for that harsh gesture but the taller girl shut using her hand.

Moonbyul shushed her, while she looks towards the walking figure that is somehow away from them.

“What is she doing here?” Moonbyul whispered, eyes narrowing suspiciously.

Solar looked also at the direction where Moonbyul is looking but all she can see are students chattering, group of boys laughing and professors with their lecture notes in hand probably going to their next classe and ready to torture the poor students.

She heard Moonbyul sighed and she squints her eyes, she slaps lightly the hand that’s covering her precious mouth. One hand grabbing Moonbyul’s collar she asked, “Who the hell did you see?”

 Moonbyul looked at her, serious.

“My sister.”

--

“Why didn’t you tell me that you have a sister?” Solar questioned, as she was catching up to Moonbyul’s pace. They are now on the to the Kim’s café which is owned by the loud neighbors of Moonbyul.

“I was going to tell you, but then sometimes I’m forgetting it.” Moonbyul reasoned out, taking a left and Solar followed.

“Wow Moonbyul, you sometimes forget you have a sister? Great.” Solar’s sarcastically said, shaking her head in disbelief. Moonbyul heaved a sigh and decided not to reply anymore for she knew she can’t win against Solar. If Moonbyul’s argument is wrong, Solar is right and if Moonbyul’s argument is right, Solar is still ‘more’ right. She can’t win. Ever.

It’s like when they fight, it’s an exam. You have to choose a letter for your answer from A to D, if Moonbyul will choose C as an answer it’s correct but Solar is like the teacher that would say ‘Yes, C is also a correct answer but it is NOT THE BEST ANSWER so your answer is invalid’. You see where this is going, right? Sigh and eye roll.

Finally they have reached the small yet still café, Moonbyul pushed the glass door and was greeted by the aroma of the coffee and she smiled unconsciously, the smell of coffee relaxes her. She looked back just to see a Solar with a not amused face. Moonbyul held her hand out to the idol but the stubborn girl is not holding it and not giving in.

“Hold my hand.” Moonbyul ordered, waving her hand a little.

“No.” Solar’s voice is stern.

“Yongsun, hold it.”

But instead of grabbing the extended hand of Moonbyul, she walked towards the counter as she spotted Tiffany behind it but not forgetting to give a little bump on the taller girl’s shoulder.

“Okay,” Moonbyul mumbled, putting her hands inside her coat’s pockets. And then she heard a chuckle beside her.

“You’ve got a difficult girlfriend eh?” Taeyeon grinned while wiping her hands with a white towel, Moonbyul smiled acknowledging the older girl.

She shrugs and looks at her girlfriend at the counter, chatting happily with Tiffany as she punched the orders of the idol.

“I’ve seen her on TV and heard her sing. She’s a celebrity. I knew I’ve seen her somewhere when I first saw her in our apartment building” Taeyeon exclaimed, tilting her head. “Aren’t you a little worried about that?”

Moonbyul bit her lower lip as she looked down, “Just don’t tell anyone, okay?” She smiled a little as she looked at the smaller girl beside her.

Taeyeon shook her head lightly, “You youngsters are so untamed nowadays.” She chuckled as she pats Moonbyul’s shoulder, “Just call me when you need some help in the future.”

“Why would I need your help?” Moonbyul playfully elbowed Taeyeon’s side.

“Trust me kid, I’ve been in your situation. But yours is a little complicated since she’s a public figure and that old witch that’s been visiting you in your apartment? Damn, all hell will break loose if she knew your relationship.”

Moobyul scoffs at how accurate Taeyeon’s vision of the future.

“Yeah, I think I might need your help in the future.” Moonbyul nodded, letting out a groan which made Taeyeon’s laugh like an ahjumma.

--

“Are you still pissed?” Moonbyul asked the not speaking girl ever since they sat beside each other at the far right corner of the café.

Solar remain unbothered as she sips her coffee, running her fingers on her smooth hair. She took off now her cap as Taeyeon reassured the girl that no paparazzi will caught her here and to treat this café as a safe haven for the two.

Receiving no reply from the latter, Moonbyul leaned back on her chair.

“She’s Yuju, she’s still in high school. That’s why I’m wondering what she is doing at the university, that kid. What is she up to now?” Moonbyul sighed and started stirring her cream-filled coffee, “She’s my younger sister, we share the same mother but not the father. My mother had me when she’s still young, I never knew my father that’s why my mother struggled with me. Then, my mother still pursued her studies and she met someone. And Yuju happened.”

Moonbyul explained in the simplest way, she sips her lukewarm coffee. Her grip on her cup tightened, she tried to remember when the last time her mother really become a mother to her was. Or maybe there isn’t.

She glanced at girl beside her and Solar has now this soft stare at her. Moonbyul smiled but her forehead knitted.

“What’s with the look now Yongsun?”

“Oh…I’m sorry…I didn’t know. Gosh, I’m sorry.” Solar felt guilty. She acted so immature and now she knew why Moonbyul is so aloof when it comes to her family.

“Am I hearing things? THE Kim Solar is saying a word that isn’t in her vocabulary even since? Is she saying sorry?” Moonbyul snorted but grinning playfully.

“Byul…” Solar pouted, “This is serious. Now I realized what Whee In has said to me when she told me that your childhood isn’t that…nice. I’m such a stupid and selfish girlfriend.”

Moonbyul scooped Solar on her arms, kissing her forehead lightly, “Thank God you finally acknowledged it.” Then she felt a jab on her side, it does hurt but she just laughed, “I’m just messing with you Yongsun.”

“But know this, okay? I’m just happy that you are here. You brighten up my days. And just when I thought my day couldn’t get any better…there you are, Yongsun. Whatever happened in the past is not going to affect me now because you are here now.”

Solar gazed towards Moonbyul, “Why do you always make me want to kiss you? You’re so unfair Moon Byulyi.”

“I’m no better Yongsun. If you only knew what I’m thinking right now.” Moonbyul smirked while wiggling her brow in a playful manner. Solar can’t help but to laugh out loud that Taeyeon and Tiffany looked at the couple’s direction and it made them smile genuinely at the two.

“ert!” Solar laughed her heart out, smacking her erted girlfriend’s head.

--

“See you again tomorrow?” Moonbyul asked as she parked her car at the usual spot where she safely drop off Solar, away from the awaiting hiding paps somewhere lurking in the dark shadows of the night. Heavens, how she hates those kind of people. The people who can’t respect others privacy. They’re monsters.

“Byul?”

Moonbyul looked at the smiling Solar, but there’s something behind that smile.

“Yes Yongsun?”

Solar bit her lower lip, fingers playing with her seatbelt, eyes are cast down.

“What is it Yongsun?” Moonbyul continued to ask, Solar has never been this shy before. She narrowed her eyes, curious for what Solar is going to ask.

“My father’s not home…and…” Solar trailed, looking anywhere but Moonbyul.

Moonbyul looked down, smiling so widely. Is she thinking what Solar has in mind? Is she inviting Moonbyul for something to be done that a couple should have done? Her eyes almost popped out. Solar wants the V.

But being the playful Moonbyul decided to tease the almost blushing-all-over girl, “And…?”

Solar rolled her eyes, she knew Moonbyul fully grasped and understood what she was intending to deliver but here they are, her girlfriend is teasing her.

She groaned, “Okay you know what Moonbyul, nevermind. I’ll go now.” Solar unbuckled her seatbelt and successfully getting out of the car. Moonbyul laughed so hard.

Moonbyul gets out of the car but checking the area first, once she knew no one was looking she got out of her car and chased the frustrated idol.

“That’s it? I expected too much from you Yongsun.”

“Go home. I already changed my mind!”

Solar heard Moonbyul let out a small laugh from behind and it irritated her.

“Okay. Okay. We’re not going in your main gate, are we?”

Then the idol stopped on her tracks, she turned around only to be met with a smirking Moonbyul. Her thoughts of what is going to happen later is sinking in and her blush are creeping in also.

“We’ll have to take the small gate at the back.” She said in one breathing, hands forming fists from embarrassment. She turned her heels and started walking with Moonbyul behind her.

But she didn’t know that Moonbyul is blushing harder than her. Don’t judge Moonbyul, it’s been awhile since the last time okay?

--

With their ninja skills they’re finally inside Solar’s house, Moonbyul nodded at the style and design of the house. It suits her taste. She can leave here.

“Where’s your father by the way?” Moonbyul sits on the kitchen stool as Solar is trying to lock the white-washed wooden kitchen door, the taller girl had to bit her lip when Solar’s is directly infront of her.

The idol finally locked the door and looked at the sitting girl, “Somewhere maybe, you know business and all,” she shrugs as she grabbed Moonbyul’s hand, “Let’s go to my room.”

“Someone’s excited.” Moonbyul teased, but all she got was a slap on the shoulder, pinch on the side and a hard push. The life of Moonbyul.

But before Solar could even get away, she grabbed the idol’s waist and kisses her hard on her lips. Solar let out a yelp before her whimpers came out. Moonbyul’s kissing Solar like there’s no tomorrow and the idol is reciprocating it too with much passion. They have waited for this.

Moonbyul grips Solar’s both on her hand and they both moaned against each other’s lips. The whole house is slightly dimmed that they almost knock down the lamp, the ceramic vase, even the poor little panda figurines. Solar reaches to Moonbyul’s pants. Moonbyul almost rip Solar’s shirt.

But before anyone of them reaches to ness, someone had switched on the light.

“Yongsun?” A male voice was heard and Solar’s eyes widen like a saucer and she pushed Moonbyul so hard that the other girl’s shoulder hits the wall. The idol fixes her clothes and her hair and urged Moonbyul to do the same.

“It’s my father. .” Solar hisses, fingers running through her head.

“I thought he’s gone for some business?” Moonbyul whispered, tucking her shirt and buttoning again her pants.

“You have to go—“

But Moonbyul can’t go now, Solar’s father reaches the downstairs and he saw the two of them. And the couple just prayed they’re not both flustered and they looked just…okay.

Moonbyul watches Solar’s father, he has Solar’s eyes.

“D-dad. I thought you’re not home.” Solar started, greeting her father with a kiss on his cheek. His father would often smile when she does that but not this time. His eyes are boring into the girl behind her, named Moonbyul.

‘’Good evening, Sir.” Moonbyul greeted, smiling and trying not to shake in nervousness.

“Oh yeah, she’s—“

“I know who she is, Yongsun. Moon Byul Yi, right? In Bucheon?” The old man smiled a little. Moonbyul awkwardly smiled while Solar sighed, still shook at what had happened.

 “Yes, sir.”

Solar’s father chuckled, even though Moonbyul is trying to look confident he still can feel the girl’s unsettled feelings.

“You’re the first girlfriend that my daughter has invited in our humble abode, or any lover in that matter.”

“Dad!” Solar exclaimed but the statement of her dad sinks in, “How did you…you knew about us…but…” She stuttered and Moonbyul’s smile drops down.

“I’m your father Yongsun, I know you more than anyone else. Plus, Moonbyul pick up your coat on the floor.” The man pointed the coat that’s been lying on the floor, Solar smacked her forehead. The coat she took off out of the heated moment earlier. Moonbyul politely picked up her coat, blushing and embarrassed.

Mr. Kim shook his head, he walked behind the counter and he reached for something. Moonbyul and Solar looked at each other, unable to know what they are going to do. Solar’s father just caught them and they didn’t know how much the old man had seen and that made Solar smacked her forehead again.

Her father went back with a baseball bat in hand.

“Oh Jesus.” Moonbyul whispered. Suddenly fearing Solar’s dad with that baseball bat on his hand. 

“Dad what are you doing?!” Solar hisses, eyeing the metal thing on his father’s hand.

“Moonbyul and I will just have a little…chat.”

And Moonbyul swore she could see darkness in Mr. Kim’s eyes. She gulped.

“Go upstairs Yongsun.” Her father ordered, “Now Yongsun.”

“You’re not going to hurt her, right?”

“As much as I want to, I can’t my daughter. Trust me on this.”

“Promise me.” Solar’s eyes were hard on her dad.

“I promise.”

Solar nodded, and then she looked at the now pale Moonbyul. The girl smiled at her, assuring her that it’s okay.

“I’ll just call you later.” Moonbyul said, waving her hand lightly.

Solar smiled but her smile drops when she eyed her father, “Don’t hurt her Dad.” She whispered and then she’s off.

--

“How long has this been going on?”

“Roughly four months, sir.”

“Wow. You hide it so well. Does Hwasa know about this?”

“Yes, Sir. Though her company doesn’t know it yet.”

Mr. Kim took off his eyeglasses and rubs his eyes. Moonbyul knew the man is worried and she just looked down.

“Does the two of you even know what’s going to be the impact of this?” He asked, voice full of concern.

Moonbyul nodded, sighing sadly.

“Sooner or later, your relationship will be revealed. You know Solar’s industry. Do you noticed anyone or somebody’s following you?”

The girl shakes her head, “Not that I know of, I’m making sure no one is following us.”

Mr. Kim eyed the girl, “You’ll never guarantee that,” The old man sighed, “I just don’t want to see my daughter hurting Moonbyul.”

“I’ll protect her.” Moonbyul’s voice is hard, convincing even.

The old man smile, eyes are smiling too. Moonbyul looked at wrinkled part beside his eyes. Solar really got her features from her dad.

“Before Yongsun went to Bucheon, you know her attitude right? Bratty and all. She didn’t even respect me,” The old man looked away, eyes are distant but his smile still remained, “But when she went home from Bucheon, she immediately hugged me and kissed my cheeks saying ‘I love you Daddy’. She never did that in years I’m telling you. But something happened in that place right Moonbyul?”

Moonbyul just smiled genuinely.

“You happened to her. And I’m thanking you for all my life for bringing my daughter back, she’s never been the same since her mother’s death. That’s why…” The man paused, taking a deep breath before saying the next words, “I’m entrusting my daughter to you. I’m going to support your relationship but please protect her at all cost.”

Mr. Kim’s words are big, overwhelming to Moonbyul. Her girlfriend’s father just agreed to their relationship. Her face was blank but she swears her heart is jumping out of joy, she’s still processing this moment.

“I know your relationship isn’t the typical one, but I know you’ll do great with her. I know you wouldn’t hurt her. You’re a good lady Moonbyul.”

Tears are welling up on Moonbyul’s eyes, she swallowed before she could speak to prevent her voice to crack, “I don’t know what to say Mr. Kim, but thank you for giving me chance to you daughter. I’m keeping my word.”

Moonbyul bowed ninety degrees infront of the Solar’s father. She didn’t know what she could offer to Mr. Kim’s kindness but she has so much respect for the man. Like a father she never had.

--

Moonbyul smiled all throughout the night until she reached her apartment, she already called Solar about everything and how the idol cried in happiness on the phone. She couldn’t even say goodbye to Moonbyul as she rushed to her dad but the younger girl didn’t mind. Solar probably is crying like a child to her father’s approval.

“Oh hey Moonbyul.” Taeyeon stuck her head on their own apartment door, Moonbyul waved her hand. The smaller girl got out from the apartment with a brown envelope clipped on her armpits.

“Here,” she handed the envelope to the girl, Moonbyul frowned. “For you. When we got home, a guy was here. I think he’s waiting for you. He handed me this and said to give this to you.”

Moonbyul reached for the envelope, she’s not expecting any kind of papers right now.

“Did you ask for his name?” Moonbyul asked Taeyeon, while scanning the exterior of the envelope.

“Tae…Taeyong? Yeah, the name’s Taeyong.”

Moonbyul squints her eyes, she’s not familiar with the name.

Taeyeon pats Moonbyul’s shoulder, “I’ll go now, see you tomorrow.” The girl waved her goodbye.

“Okay, thank you again.” Moonbyul stated, waving her goodbye also.

She went inside her own unit and dropped her bag on the floor. She’s still reluctant to open this envelope but at the same time curiosity creeps in. She slowly tore off the seal and she finally took out what’s inside it.

Moonbyul’s heart almost dropped when she saw it, her breathing became ragged. She puts aside the envelope and she immediately dialed Whee In’s number, she couldn’t even hold the phone right. While Whee In’s phone is ringing, Moonbyul looks at the picture that’s on the coffee table.

“Hello Byul? It’s already late, why are you calling?” Whee In’s sleepy voice came from the other line.

“Whee In…” Moonbyul paused, voice trembling.

“What Byul. If it’s not interesting I’ll hung up.”

“Someone found out.”

“What?”

“Someone has caught us.”

….

….

….

“Oh .”

 

 

 

 

---

A/N:

What just happened?? 

Um...I think this is it? 

Okay then. I'm out!

(And silently spazzing because a black-haired Whee In appeared!)