Due

Finalmente

 

 

 

"I'm Jung Whee In nice to meet you!" The said girl enthusiastically introduced herself to the girl with bored eyes, her long wavy light brown hair flowing softly against her cheeks. But Solar just shrugged and completely ignore the hand that's been waiting for a hand shake. Whee In just pout and dropped her hand along her side while Solar winced at the expression. 

"Aren't we leaving yet? I'm tired." Solar said while walking past the smaller girl, completely ignoring her big luggages. 

"Hey! I can't carry all these bags!" Whee In yelled at the girl while pointing at the bags that she thinks is heavier than her.

Solar rolled her eyes before turning to the pouting girl, "Aren't you supposed to have a companion when you will collect me? The two of you will carry my bags. That's what my father said." She crossed her arms on her chest while raising a brow to the smaller girl.

"Oh she can't come right now, she was needed in the farm earlier. There's a cow going on labor and she needs to be there to assists the delivery." Whee In said as a matter of factly, as if implying that Solar needs to understand about the farm. "And the number that you're trying to call was hers, and this town the reception was not that constant so you need to go to a certain spot to get a good reception of phone signals. She's Moon--"

"What?" Solar snapped, "Can you repeat what you have just said?" 

"What? About my companion? She's Moon--"

"No! About the phone signals." Solar interrupted, narrowing her eyes.

"You know this town is quite far away from the civilization, so phone signals are interrupted and....sometimes there's no...reception" Whee In trailed as she observed Solar's face darkened, "Are you okay?" She carefully asked the girl who was now on the brink of insanity.

WHAT THE HELL?! 

The idol took a deep breath while calming herself, mumbling different curse. As for Solar, having a phone and a reception was one of her fondness in life. Because as an idol she uses social medias to connect to her fans and to promote her upcoming comeback and dramas. She wants to talk to her friends, and her manager slash bestfriend Hwasa who cried when she told her that she'll be away for some time. 

"Do I looked like I'm okay?" Solar bitterly responded but shook her head thinking that there's no point expalining herself to the girl infront of her. The idol stride past Whee In and carried one bag, "Let's just go and I want to rest, I'll carry this one and you, that one. Since your friend can't come here because she needs to deliver a baby cow, amazing." And there goes the typical sarcatic Solar.

Whee In just laughed at Solar's remark and carried the bag, "You mean Moon--"

"Yeah yeah whatever's the name." 

They stride past the exit of the quiant subway, as Solar describes it. It's like an old subway that you can see on classic movies, where the girl will say goodbye to the her guy because he will be sent somewhere because of work or something interesting. Solar grunts while she carried her bag and she glanced at the girl beside her, expecting to be in such a hard state but no, she was suprised. Surprised because Whee In just carried her bag with ease. The smaller girl caught her lookig at her.

Whee In smirked,  "Well, i'm stronger than I looked."

--

"Finally," Solar grunts and let her bag fall on the ground with a thud. "So where's the car?"

"What car?"

"Yeah, our service car?"

They both stare at each, several seconds later Solar swear she heard goat noises from afar which made her realized that there's no service car or any car for that matter and Whee In giving her looks like 'there's no service car in this town'. Solar closed her eyes and she held her head with both hands, the incoming headache is real.

"Yeah okay, I got it. Okay, there's no car." 

Aish! What the have I gotten myself into? 

Wheen In just chuckled at her realization and smiled, "Don't worry city girl, we've got buses. No need to walk."

"Thank heavens,"Solar sighed in relief, "One of the satisfying words you've said to me since we talked. What time do the bus arrive?"

Whee In's dimple didn't go unnoticed by Solar.

"About," Whee In referred to her watch, "Five minutes from now." 

Solar nodded and propped herself on the top of the bag, she scanned the scenery of the town. Green mountains and rice fields enveloping the town, elderlies walking on the sidewalk. Solar could've sworn that seventy five percent of the population here was elderly. The fogged embracing some parts of the mountains and the orange-y hue of the sky was hitting the whole place indicating the upcoming dusk. Solar yawned feeling her body ache from the roughly five-hour trip. 

"How's being a celebrity?" Whee In started, since she will be neighboring this young girl she might want to know something about her. 

"Oh you recognized me huh." 

"Well, I've been to places and I heard your name. Never knew your roots are from Bucheon. You were pretty popular here in Korea and Asian countries." 

Solar scoffed, "So how'd you know my father? Did he tell you why am I here?"

"Well, your father knew my parents and told them if I can picked you up when you got here. And boom, here I am." Whee In simply said while putting her hair in a messy bun, once she finished doing her hair, "And your father just told my parents that you just need some time to think, are you getting stressed with your idol life?"

"Ha! I love being an idol...it's just that me and my father..." Solar trailed but Whee In couldn't decipher what the latter had said. 

"What?"

"Nothing. Let's just wait for the bus." Solar dismissed but Whee In just decided to let the topic slide. 

"Hey by the way, I'm a fan."

Solar looked at Whee In, "No, you're not. You are not that star struck when you saw me earlier."

"There are many kinds of fans Yongsun-ssi." The smaller girl explained. "And if you are that self conscious that someone might recognized you here, well, the people here aren't aware of celebrities. They RARELY watch TV and only relying on the radio news. So you can take off now that hideous hat of yours." 

The taller girl rolled her eyes and took her hat off, now it's time for Whee In to be starstrucked and just stared at Solar's beautiful face. Solar's beautiful when she saw her on TV but she's more beautiful this upclose and personal. 

"Oh the bus is here, come on midget." Solar stood up and grabbed the handle of her bag ready to walk towards the bus.

"Yah! I'm not that small! Aish!" 

When Solar turned her back on her, Whee In just smiled and she sensed some interesting moments will happen soon in this town for the next three months that this idol will be here.

--

"So this is my house?"

Solar stared at the bungalow type house made of logs and woods that gave her eerie feelings. And she feels like some ghost will grab her once she stepped foot at the house like in the move The Grudge. She told herself thatshe will not again watch horror films, and this is why she can't do horror films in her entire career even though Hwasa have told her many time to do a film with creepy creatures because she's a scaredy cat.

"Yup, this is your mother's house. She stayed her when she's just young as you." Whee In said as she opened the gate which made a grating sound and made Solar jumped a little. 

Once they settled the luggages on the porch, Whee In started rummaging her pouch for something and Solar started to held up her phone and the midget didn't lie she's got no service. She let out a frustrated sigh and she heard a jinggling sound, she turned her head to Whee In who are now holding up keys.

"Here," she handed Solar the keys, "One key is for the main door, the other one is for the back door and that one is for the padlock of the gate." Whee In instructed her as she pointed the yellow, red and green colored keys, respectively. "If you ever need anything, just call your neighbors. They can help you out. And what will I call you, Solar or Yongsun?"

"I thought that has been established since earlier?" Striked the sarcastic Solar. Whee In just shook head, no point of arguing with her.

"And look here, that's my house, yes the one that's beside that tree. And that yellow colored roof," Whee In pointed. But before she could finish she heard a laugther.

She just looked at the laughing Solar beside her, "Wow, who the will paint her roof yellow?"

"Oh the girl that will be with you tomorrow, she will show you this small town and the farm. And how to work on the farm." Whee In innocently remarked.

That last phrase definitely stopped Solar's laughter. 

"What? Work? Farm?"

Whee In just smirked, "Didn't your father tell you? You've got to work here. For the entire time that you're here."

That's the biggest surprise she's gotten today and she realized her father didn't go easy on her this time, this is a up mess I'm into.

"But don't you worry, my friend will help you out. Moon--"

"Hush, i'm having a mental breakdown here."

Whee In has the urge to tap Solar's back but she held it in and just chuckle at the sight infront of her. "Well, anything more?"

Solar just shook her head, unable to grasped anything at this moment. How can she survive this exile?

"Well I'm off now...." 

At this point, she's not listening to Whee In anymore. And just nodded her head when she heard her say 'got it?' 

--

Morning came, birds are chirping outside but the girl with light brown hair is still down on her bed. But then her alarm rings that made her jump our of  her sleep, she forgot to turn off her alarm last night. Actually she didn't do anything last night except she went to bed early and sleep the headache off, she didn't even bother to scan her house. She doesn't even bother to changed her clothes. She rose up and with groggy eyes, she went to the kitchen not sure if she heard Whee In right, but she said while they are on the bus her parents filled it with goods. 

But to her surprised there's a bowl and a foil covering the rim that  and a liter of milk above that table. 

"Huh? Who did this?" She asked no one, then she found a sticky note just above the foil. 

She furrowed her eyebrows while reading it, "Housewarming gift. Eat up, i'll come back later. You better be awake...PS. Locked your door nextime. -MB"

"MB? Oh ..." She just remembered she didn't locked her front door or any of her door for this instance. "Well , atleast i'm not harmed. But really, that person just barged in here?!"

She opened the bowl and it was udon noodles,  it's still hot so she guessed that MB, whoever who that was just got here. Since she doesn't eat anything at all yesterday, she grabbed the chopsticks that's beside the bowl and eat the noodles heartily. She was finished in no time and drank half of the milk. Once she settled the bowl on the sink she decided to take a quick shower since MB, will come in no time. As per her letter.

She locked the bathroom door once she's and she took off her garments, she felt the hot water running through her skin. Thoughts running through her mind of how she will deal with this everyday. And an idea struck her brain, she's going to beg for mercy after all she is her father's daugther. But she came into realization that she needs to proved something to her father. That she can handle herself just fine. She composed herself as she wrapped her towel on her body. 

Solar turned the knob, but the door won't open. She tried again, but to no avail the door won't budged.

", it's jambed!" She kicked the door and regretted it earlier as she felt the pain on her toes, "Ouch ouchouch!" she half yelled while she's caressing the damaged toes. 

"Hello anybody here?" She heard a muffled sound just outside, a deep voice but she could tell that it is a girl. Then she remembered MB, maybe that's the person who got her breakfast.

Solar banged her hands on the door, "Hey! Here! In the bathroom! The door's jambed! Help me out!" she repeatedly banged the door.

"Okay, just relax I'm gonna open it." The person said and Solar knows that she's just across the door. And she heard few clicks and then after awhile the door opened revealing a tall woman with jet black hair, wearing a sweatshirt, looking at her worriedly, "Are you okay?" her voice is full of concerned too. 

The concerned woman roamed her eyes on Solar's -but-with-towel-around-her body, "Oh wow." 

And that's the moment Solar was put back again of what was happening and screamed while throwing what she could grab at the woman who is staring her  body. 

"Ouch!" The woman yelled in pain when the bottle of shampoo hit her left eye. "Woman! Stop!"

Solar rushed outside while pushing the woman aside with her force and puts on her robe. While the other woman was caressing her now injured eye, mumbling some words that Solar couldn't understand. 

"Is this how you repay me for helping you?" Woman turned to her while protecting her eye, damn her eye hurts and it will bruised she's sure of it. 

"ert!" Solar screamed.

"I am not! It's just happen that you were clad only with a towel and I was looking!"

"Same same!" 

The woman shook her head and took a deep breath, "Let's keep calm, okay? This is not how I planned to introduce myself to you. Let's start over." 

Solar just raised her brow ready to retaliate, but the the other woman just hushed her.

How dare she?

"Hi, I'm Moon Byul Yi. Nice to meet you."

 

 

 

 

---

Second chapter up!

I thought Mamamoo's gonna get their first win today! But it's fine! Not bad on the votes (I voted as well, so you too MooMoos! Rise Moobongs!) 

Well, Moonbyul's character is here guyss and yep, Solar's cussing is necessary on this fic but don't worry she's just too headstrong on the first part but let's see the progress. Let the fluffiness begin! :D 

See you on the next fluff adventure!