Quindici

Finalmente

 

“You know what, I think it’s a lovely day to just walk on the park first? Feel the calm breeze surrounding us. And let’s just meet Moonbyul later? What would you say Hwasa?” Whee In pushed the manager lightly laughing awkwardly, lifting the mood a little.

Then Hwasa moved in front of the stomping girl, “I think that’s a nice idea, you okay with that Solar?” She then grabbed Solar’s  shoulder, trying to stop the idol from getting any closer to the said café. But Solar just looked at her, and Hwasa could’ve sworn she saw something in the idol’s eyes. Was it…fire?

“You know violence is not the answer here Solar.”

“Am I that violent to you Hwasa? Because I am not.” Solar snickered, “Swear to heavens.” 

Hwasa’s eyes widen then gulped, oh boy, the mess they are in right now. Of course Hwasa is fine if Solar wants to see Moonbyul, but she feared that her friend will know she’s part of this do-not-let-Solar-know-Moonbyul-is-here mission, and it is not good. She’s telling you. And just by the look of Solar into her orbs, she immediately let go off the girl.

Solar continue to stride towards the café, muttering some curses and Moonbyul’s name. But mostly, curses. With abominable stare.

“What the hell Whee In? Couldn’t you be more careful?” Hwasa hissed, slapping the small girl’s shoulder. Whee In winced but she instantly hits back Hwasa’s shoulder too.

“It’s not my fault! I didn’t know she would call.” Whee In defended herself, flailing her arms. Hwasa sighed, annoyed with the happenings.

“Text Moonbyul to get out of there. Now.” Hwasa ordered, pointing to Whee In’s phone, “Tell her Solar’s gonna be there to rip her head off so she better be out there in a minute.”

Whee In looked at Hwasa, nodding her head in determination as if they are faced with some threat to humanity. But before Whee In could even type a single letter, she felt an uncanny feeling that someone was watching her and knows what she will do. She looked up only to discover that Solar was looking at her. The threat to humanity.

“Give me that phone Whee In.” Solar gave the girl an authoritative order, hand reaching to Whee In’s phone as she waits for the girl to surrender the damn phone. Hwasa just muttered some ‘oh God’ under her breathe, there’s no other way to escape this isn’t?

“The battery’s going low anyway,” Whee In tried to reason out while forcing an uncomfortable smile, hiding the phone from her behind.

“The. Phone.” The idol stressed every word, her hand still in mid-air. Looking at Whee In with those eyes. The small girl glanced at the manager, hoping for some kind of help but Hwasa sighed in defeat then she just nodded signaling that they should just give up.

“Fine.” Whee In grumbles, putting the phone on Solar’s palm with a very heavy heart. And to be very honest, all she and Hwasa can do now is pray.

--

Solar pushed the café glass door, squinting her eyes to look for some familiar person named Moonbyul. And thank heavens there’s not much people around this time, and then she finally spotted the girl. She stops on her tracks as she stared the girl for a few seconds, her lips tugged upwards unconsciously but it disappeared quickly. She noticed how the girl looks thinner, the bags under her eyes, as she keeps on scribbling something on her notebook then highlighting something on her book.

Whee In tried to look where Solar was looking at and sighed inwardly, shaking her head.

“Seems like Moonbyul is overworking herself.” Hwasa whispered, nudging Moonbyul’s best friend’s shoulder while her chin pointed at the girl across from them.

“Well, she needs to catch up on the lessons.” Whee In shrugs.

Hwasa then taps the unmoving girl’s figure in front of her. “Whee In and I are going to order. Go to Moonbyul.” She said to Solar but she gets no response, for the girl is busy staring at Moonbyul who is yawning while adjusting her specs that’s been on the bridge of her nose.

“Yah. Is it safe to let Moonbyul alone in Solar’s claws?” Whee In asked worriedly.

“Nope.”

“Then why are we leaving them all alone?!”

“Chill Whee In, we are just going to order. It’s just a matter of seconds.”

“A lot can happen in ‘just a matter of seconds’ Hwasa, like Moonbyul getting killed.”

But the manager are making her way now to the counter, Whee In let out a tired sigh and just followed suit. Oh boy.

--

Moonbyul was busy writing some diagram on her notebook when she felt someone just sits beside her. She didn’t even look up for she already knew that it’s Whee In. Solar looked at the girl, surprised that the girl didn’t even spare a time to glanced at her. She scoffs, rolling her eyes too. The idol didn’t utter any words at this time and just observed the girl scribbled some words to her work, and damn Moonbyul’s handwriting is messy. That she can just read the words ‘pathophysiology’ and ‘cholelithiasis’ or whatever that means.

“Hey Whee In, you’re fast. Are you just—“ Moonbyul smiled widely when she looked at the girl beside her, but her smile turned into gaping and her jaw almost dropped. “Y-Yongsun?” her eyes widen in surprised. She can’t believe what she’s seeing. Solar, in all of her glory, is here. Looking straight to her eyes. With a smile which is leaving her an unsettling feeling.

“Yes, Moonbyul? Having a fun time here in Seoul?” Solar tilted her head, her hand fixed Moonbyul’s collar. But the brown haired girl shivered at the act that she almost leaned back, away from this dangerous girl in front of her.

“I can—“

But she didn’t even finish her sentence when Solar suddenly grabbed her collar harshly, and Moonbyul swears the idol was trying to choke her.

“What the Moonbyul?! Since when are you here?!” Solar said through gritted teeth, her eyes are blazing, “You couldn’t even bother telling me? I’ve been missing you! You idiot!” Solar pushed then pulled Moonbyul again, shaking her with forced.

“Yongsun, let me—“

“Don’t talk!”

Solar freaking asked her a question of course she will talk! Moonbyul has the urged to roll her eyes in front of Solar but she knew if she did that, the girl would just flip her off so the best decision was just to held that eye-rolling in and try to save her life.

“And what’s this Krystal issue again? Huh?!” Solar leaned in, hissing. She punched Moonbyul’s side and the hurt girl groaned. Oh poor girl, she looks like she’s going to cry but Solar’s torture isn’t in the halfway yet.

“Why aren’t you answering me? You’re guilty right? What, are you two flirting again?!” The idol jabs Moonbyul’s chest, probing some answers.

Moonbyul’s face is in confused state, “Oh so I can talk now?” she said with a hint of sarcasm, and Solar didn’t like it. When she heard it, Solar almost, just inches, just literally seconds away from punching Moonbyul’s glorious face.

“Hold your horses Solar.” Hwasa exclaimed, half yelling it calmly while covering her anxious face with a smile. Trying not to attract some attention from the onlookers.

The fighting duo snapped their heads towards Whee In and Hwasa that is just sitting across them. Whee In is almost done with her chocolate chip bagel, and she’s ready to order for her seconds while Hwasa ordered doughnuts with different flavors that Whee In thought that it’s too much.

“Since when are you here?” Solar asked, confused.

“I told you they’re not aware of our presence,” Whee In said as a matter of fact to Hwasa, then she turned to the questioning Solar in front of her, “Since you grabbed Moonbyul’s collar, we started eating while watching you inflicting pain to her. It’s kind of amusing. Persist Yongsun.”

Moonbyul almost throw her cup of coffee for urging Solar to cause pain on her more, she looked at girl with a knowing look but Whee In just smiled at her. A smile that she could burn.

“Yah Yongsun, this is an abuse. According to the United Nations, under the universal declaration of human rights, Article 5, that no one shall be subjected to torture and cruel— ouch!“

 And yet again, Moonbyul was interrupted when a fist landed on her stomach. She groaned.

“Don’t rain down on me your human rights or any law Moonbyul. Because I am THE law here. Right here and right now.”

Solar’s grip on Moonbyul’s collar tightened. As a retreat, Moonbyul just nodded while her face contorted in pain.

While Solar was busy ‘talking’ to Moonbyul with no ‘violence’ as the older said, Hwasa was awkwardly smiling to the other customers who has been looking at them and saying her sorry for the disturbance. Whee In was inwardly wincing at the jabs and pinches that Moonbyul is getting from Solar. Moonbyul was still trying to explain something to the idol but it seems like Solar doesn’t understand a thing.

“Aren’t you going to save your best friend from Solar?” Hwasa questioned, eating her sandwich. Yes, Hwasa was already done with her doughnuts that she resulted in sandwich already. “And was she serious about that United Nations?

“Didn’t you hear her? She is THE law here. Don’t want to get involve.” Whee In shivered, “Only Moonbyul could bring human rights or any law when she’s arguing with her girlfriend, I mean, who does that? And yeah, I think that’s really on the article.”

Hwasa just whistled to her amusement. Moonbyul did memorize that. 

And at last, ing finally Solar almost calmed down. She leaned her back on the backrest, her arms crossing across her chest, pouting. Hwasa pushed the plate of cheesecake in front of the idol, carefully. And some Vietnamese flavored drinks. Moonbyul looked at the grumpy Solar, resting her arm on the table and leaning closer to the girl.

“Yongsun,” Moonbyul started so sweetly, “You see, what we have here is quite complicated, so please just calm down and we will talk it out later. I promise.”

Solar pretended not to hear a thing and she started to eat.

“Okay then.” Moonbyul sighed, she straightened herself as she looked at Hwasa and Whee In. She stared at the two with her eyes questioning why Solar is here. But the duo just shrugs, Moonbyul just scoffs silently.

“Another refill of your coffee, Miss?” The waitress offered to Moonbyul as she noticed that her cup was already empty.

Moonbyul just smiled and nodded, “Yes please, make it a strong coffee. So strong it could ward off evilness.”

Whee In and Hwasa almost laughed out loud at Moonbyul’s statement. That Whee In’s food that she’s been chewing almost spluttered everywhere while Hwasa’s drink almost poured out from her nostrils.

While Solar shoot the waitress a venomous stare, the poor waitress scurried off. Moonbyul had her smiling face directed at the idol, cocking her head to the side.

“I hate you Moon Byul Yi.” She muttered, irritated.

But Moonbyul just mouthed ‘I love you’ as she scrunched up her nose while sending a wink so effortlessly. Of course, Moonbyul the tease.

--

“Your apartment’s here?” Hwasa questioned as she carefully parked the car on sidewalk, looking at the tall building with many floors.

The four decided to leave the café because the customers are starting to flood in and many fans of Solar had tried to take pictures of her and get some autographs. Moonbyul was all awkward beside the idol that she’s just hanging her head down low. Solar noticed this, she wanted to hold Moonbyul’s hand but she can’t. And that’s when she decided and told Hwasa to call it day. And here they are, in Hwasa’s car and dropping off Whee In and Moonbyul. But of course, Moonbyul isn’t off the hook yet.

“Yup.” Moonbyul said short from the backseat, she’s seated beside Whee In. Solar on the passenger seat, looking around the surroundings up to Moonbyul’s building. Seems safe. “Go home safely Whee In. I have something to tell you tomorrow. Meet me at my mother’s house.” Moonbyul instructed, patting the girl’s shoulder. Whee In let out a sigh, she doesn’t like it when Moonbyul’s mother is involved but she nodded anyway.

“And, I’m off. I’ll see you soon?” Moonbyul chuckled, she looked at Solar’s eyes through the rearview mirror but the girl isn’t looking at her. With a last smile and goodbye, she got out from the car. She waved once she’s outside, the windows of the car was so heavily tinted that she could just see her reflection.

But before the car could leave, Solar got out and startling Moonbyul. She waved goodbye to Hwasa and said something about her schedules for tomorrow. Then the car went off, with just Whee In and Hwasa inside it.

“Yongsun, you can’t be here.” Moonbyul stated, grabbing Solar’s wrist while walking them inside the building. They reached the secured lobby with them trying to avoid some people that might know Solar. “What if people might recognize you here?” Moonbyul’s tone was full of worry that Solar’s lips curled.

See, this is the thing with Moonbyul. No matter how Solar hurts the girl, Moonbyul will still put her on the safe side with no second thoughts. Moonbyul will still care for her, and she just hopes it will never end.

“Moonbyul, I am fine.” Solar hooks her arms around Moonbyul’s for reassurance, “Plus, we need to talk right?” Solar playfully pinches the other girl’s arm which made Moonbyul winced.

“I know but still, this dangerous for you.”

“Can you atleast forget what I said in Bucheon? The hurtful words.” Solar looked down on feet, embarrassed at how the turn of events had become, “And…” her grip on Moonbyul’s arm tighten, “Remember this, you are not that easy to give up. Okay?”

Solar swallowed the lump on , as she remembered the hurt in Moonbyul’s eyes that night. Moonbyul observed the girl for awhile, she smiled. She knows Solar. The girl really doesn’t want to hurt her.

“Okay. Let’s go to my unit then.” Moonbyul smiled, putting her arm around Solar’s waist and pulled her closer.

But they didn’t know that a person has been observing them for quite awhile now and taking pictures of them from afar.

--

Moonbyul is fishing out her keys from her coat’s pocket when the couple next door is striding the hallway too and she could already hear the bickering of the couple, while one of them is holding their baby and the other is holding the folded baby walker. Solar frowned while her arms are still hooked in Moonbyul’s.

“I told you Taeyeon we should’ve bought that safety thing for the baby.” Tiffany, the one who is holding the baby said.

“I don’t know Tiff, the baby has lots of toys in here already.” Taeyeon calmly said but irritation is visible in her tone as she tries to open their apartment door, “Goddammit, why’s the door not opening.” And she tries again.

“See. I reminded you to call the maintenance the other day to fix that door! But you didn’t!”

“I forgot. I’m sorry okay?!”

“Of course you forgot!”

Moonbyul and Solar glanced at each other, feeling awkward between the couple. But Moonbyul walked to Taeyeon and she tried to help her with the jammed doorknob.

“I’ll help you unnie.” Moonbyul offered and Taeyeon gladly backed off, with Moonbyul’s repairing skills with just little pull here, and a hard push there with some nice twisting and voila, door is finally opened.

“The kid’s even know what she’s doing. Shame Taeyeon.” Tiffany rolled her eyes, while shaking the almost year-old baby in her arms, trying to get the baby’s sleep.

“Don’t mind my wife, she’s crazy. But thank you anyway.” Taeyeon said her thanks, then she saw Solar standing awkwardly behind the girl, “Hello, we are Moonbyul’s neighbor. Sorry if we’re having a little ruckus here.”

“Ah, it’s fine I guess?” Solar smiled, waving her hand dismissing the topic.

“Your girlfriend Moonbyul?” Tiffany asked smiling at the shy girl behind the brown-haired girl.

Moonbyul chuckled, looking at Solar, “I guess?”

Solar looked at her or more like glared at her but Moonbyul just shrugs.

“Okay kids, nap time for the baby. And if you two will have later, don’t be too loud. Baby’s sleeping next door.” Tiffany said while walking inside their own unit while Taeyeon shook her head giving the two a sorry look.

And now Moonbyul and Solar is still on the hallway, and one of them is blushing hard and the other one is blushing harder. Respectively.

--

Solar’s now inside Moonbyul’s unit and it’s neat. She never expected the girl to be this organized and neat with her things, from her books to her couch and carpets. The things are so expensive-looking and just away from the things that Moonbyul would have back in Bucheon. She looked at the girl with her eyebrow raised, “You seem so organized now huh?”

“What are you talking about, I’ve always been organized.” Moonbyul scoffs, putting off her coat and place her backpack on the side of the living room. “Can I get you something?”

“Cold water please.” Solar demanded, she need to calm her nerves down. Tiffany’s comment earlier is still in her head, they’re both alone now and she will never know what might happen later. Will they really have ? She shakes her head, trying not to think any provocative thoughts right now.

Solar walked and looked around Moonbyul’s unit, and then she spotted something, just beside the TV. She held the CDs and a magazine in her hands. Not just any CDs, it’s her albums.

“Can I get it signed?” Moonbyul smiled, putting down the glass on the coffee table.

The idol has the biggest grin plastered on her face, “So you finally decided to buy my albums huh?”

Moonbyul sits on the couch and she patted the space beside her, urging Solar to sit with her and the girl gladly agreed as propped herself to the couch.

“You sound nice.” Moonbyul commented, pointing to the three albums that’s on Solar’s hand.

“Just nice?”

“Okay, fine. You sound heavenly, divine, utterly-great.”

They both giggled, Solar leaned herself down on Moonbyul’s shoulder as they both got comfortable lounging on the couch. Solar then turned her eyes on the magazine, and she rolled her eyes. She looked up at Moonbyul, “Out of all the magazine shoots I made, you chose to buy that one.”

“What, you’re hot on that one. Lingerie and all.”

“What do you think about that?”

“God. It made me think dirty thoughts.” Moonbyul fans herself, while smirking at Solar. But in all seriousness, it really did make Moonbyul hot and bothered.

“ert.” Solar hits Moonbyul’s chest. Both of them laughed for awhile but gradually, silence fell upon them. And the atmosphere turned serious.

“What’s up with you and Krystal? And since when are you here?” Solar asked, her hand’s playing with Moonbyul’s shirt as she draw circles around it.

Moonbyul sighed, pulling Solar closer to her until the idol’s face is merely inches away from her neck. Solar succumb herself to Moonbyul’s warmth and scooted herself closer to the girl.

“Nothing’s up with me and Krystal. We just talked. That’s all. And just two weeks ago, I’ve been missing you.” The girl rubs Solar’s lower back, kissing the top of her head.

“I’ve missed you so much too, I am a without you.”

Moonbyul was going to comment on Solar’s used of words but the girl continued, “I trust you, so much Moonbyul.” Solar muttered, clenching Moonbyul’s shirt in the process, “Don’t leave. Gosh, what I did to Bucheon was so stupid. I’m never going to leave you again. That’s the last time I’m doing that. Just, don’t leave. I promise I will be careful with my actions, I will always obey what you will say. And I will do everything just to keep us safe. Just don’t let Krystal get into you again. Goddammit, I’ll totally lose it Moonbyul.”

Moonbyul stared at the ceiling, remembering the conversation between her and mother. Just how will she explain this to Solar? She might not know what to do in these coming days, but she knew she could do all this if Solar will just stick beside her.

“I don’t know if I’m saying this too early but, I think I fell for you too tremendously Moonbyul. Good heavens, I’m so stupid for you.” Solar continued.

Moonbyul smiled, thanking who’s up there for the Yongsun-blessing she’s getting.

“I think I love you a little too much too, Yongsun and that’s why I won’t leave.”

Moonbyul doesn’t care anymore too, if Solar can risks her career for their love, she could face her mother too and learn how not to give in. In whatever the old witch is telling her to do. Damn, she’d do anything for Yongsun.   

 

 

--

 

Yup! It's TaeNy....of course. (It was supposed to be JeTi or YulSic, but I remembered Krystal is here! Haha! So nah.)

And yeah, how'd you like it? Do you like more complicated MoonSun? Or a more more complicated? Lol.

I think we are getting on the real deal now.

So, stay tuned I guess? :)

Always,  thank youu for taking time to read this story! I know it's not that extravagant but thank you all~