Quattordici

Finalmente

Dark to almost light blue skies hovered the horizon, Moonbyul groaned a little and stirring lightly as she opened her groggy eyes. She looked at the sleeping beauty in her arms, still asleep and still in her deepest dreams and she can’t help but to smile. If this is the view she can have every morning, her life would be perfection. The awake girl slowly held her arm up to see the time on her wrist watch and it read that it’s almost five-thirty in the morning and that means she needs to leave.

Moonbyul sighed sadly, she steadily caressed Solar’s cheeks and before the girl could wake up, she carefully detached herself from the sleeping girl. She held her breathe while she’s doing it, afraid to wake the girl up. Once successful she sits still on the bed, facing Solar.

“Still beautiful as ever Yongsun.” She smiled, slowly leaning in and for the last time she kissed Solar’s forehead, “Good morning,” she whispered as she stares at her love, warmly. She stood up with a heavy heart and she let go of Solar half sadly, half expectantly. She wants to be with Solar for a little bit longer, until the girl wakes up but she can’t. Morning’s already here and that’s her cue to leave.

 She puts on her brown coat and with one last look at the sleeping girl peacefully on her bed, she closed the door cautiously.

“Leaving already?”

She heard Hwasa’s groggy morning voice and that startled her abit as she let out a small surprised gasp. Even though Hwasa was still sleepy, with her duvet around her body and rubbing her eyes, she sits up from her small yet comfortable couch. Moonbyul chuckled, fixing her collar’s coat.

“Yeah, I need to go now.” Moonbyul replied, making her way to the door.

“Aren’t you going to wait until the little monster wakes up?” The manager was almost fully awake now asked, confused.

Moonbyul pouted her lips, thinking and looked at Hwasa in all seriousness, “Can you not tell her that I was here? Please? And don’t tell her that I’m here in Seoul.”

Hwasa scoffs, “So that’s it? You’re going to leave?”

“I have my reasons Hwasa, so please trust me. And look after her for me, okay?”

“Oh please Moonbyul, I have been looking after her like I’m her guardian angel. For Pete’s sake, you two will be the death of me.” Hwasa let out a heavy breath, letting her head fall back on the fluffy cushion.

Looking at the manager, Moonbyul nodded with a smile on her face, “I know, Hwasa. Don’t worry, I’ll feed you chicken.”

“Nice bribe.” Hwasa smiled while giving the girl thumbs up. “What’s your business here in Seoul by the way?”

Before she could answer Hwasa’s question, Moonbyul’s phone vibrated indicating that she received a message. She fished out her phone from her coat’s pocket and she looked unamused to see the name that’s being displayed on her phone screen, she frowned. Hwasa noticed this change in the mood of Moonbyul and why is she feeling a not-so-good atmosphere. The manager wanted to ask the girl more, there are still questions about Moonbyul that interest her and she has this feeling that Moonbyul from Bucheon isn’t just a simple village girl.

But Moonbyul looked at her, changing the frown to a smile, “Well, I’m attending school around here.”

Hwasa’s eyes widened, “Really? What are you taking up?”

Moonbyul scratched her head sheepishly, “Yeah, I enrolled myself again. Medicine.”

“Goodness gracious Moonbyul, don’t tell me you enrolled yourself again just to see Solar and be close to her.”

The girl shrugged with a tired smile on her lips, “I’m going now Hwasa. I’ll order breakfast for the two of you. Better you and Yongsun eat.”

Moonbyul waved a little goodbye and the she’s gone.

Hwasa slumped her shoulders but smirks while shaking her head in disbelief, “You’re a lucky son of a gun, Solar. You better not let go of that dummy.”

--

Moonbyul took the bus and it took her thirty minutes from Hwasa’s apartment to get to her own building. She walks through the entrance and was greeted by the nightshift guard as he tips his hat to the girl and she responded with a smile. She took the elevator and as she pressed the number nine, she let out a yawn. And her body still aches. Ever since she started her studies, her body’s under stress. And yes, Hwasa’s right. She enrolled herself just to be in Seoul, that’s because that’s the only way she could reach Solar. Don’t get her wrong, she likes to become a doctor someday and it’s been her childhood dream but her mother was such a drag in the past that it discourages her and left her without any motivation to continue.

But then she saw Solar’s face and got inspired. Wait, did she just quote Zayn’s song?

 Then a light ‘ping’ was heard and it signaled her that she has reached her floor’s apartment. It’s already six thirty am and her first class will start at eight o’clock and she sighed in relief that she still have time to take a hearty breakfast meal.

“Oh hey goodmorning Moonbyul,” Someone called out to her and she smiled in response, “You looked like you need a week of sleep, Jesus.” The short blonde-haired girl commented, her hair’s so short that it levels her chin but it suited her. She fixes her shoes as she holds her apartment’s door open.

“Yah! You better get going and buy that peanut butter and don’t forget to buy the diaper! Don’t forget it is XL. Don’t buy another XXL! Just a single X!!”

A shout from the inside of the short-haired girl’s apartment startled Moonbyul and it surprised her, the girl’s voice coming from the inside was so loud. The girl that was facing Moonbyul, rolled her eyes and mouthed her ‘sorry’. Then she slammed the door so loud but the muffled yells are still heard.

“Sorry again, you know my wife she can be a bit vocal at morning.” The girl bowed in apology.

Moonbyul laughed, “It’s fine my neighbor, I’m getting used to it.” She pats the other girl as if telling her not to feel bad.

“And yeah, the old woman is inside your apartment right now so don’t bother unlocking your own door. She seems mad when I saw her passed by,” The girl shivered in fear, “I’ll go now, the baby needs the diapers.”

Moonbyul smiled and nodded. Then she walked to her own apartment just two doors down from her loud neighbors with a crying baby. And it surprised Moonbyul when she knew that she has a gay couple as her neighbors but at the same time, she’s elated to know that. Well, they have a baby too. How cool was that?

But her focus now was on the woman that’s inside her own apartment and she better puts on her armor because it’s a goddamn fight again. She carefully slid inside and to no surprise, a woman on her late fifty’s, clothed with the thickest coat ever, with her heels digging on Moonbyul’s carpet. Everything about the woman bleeds classy.

Moonbyul, with a sigh walk towards where she puts her keys, phone, and wallet and drops her things. She expectantly looked at the woman that’s been observing her.

“Slacking off again Byul?” The woman’s voice is mild yet Moonbyul couldn’t shrug off the spitefulness in her tone.

“Why are you here?” Moonbyul questioned, stripping off her coat. Damn, she’s still sleepy and she thought she could pass out any moment. And the woman isn’t helping her.

“You better not talk to me in that tone Byul. I am still your mother.”

“Of course, mom.” Moonbyul was tempted to roll her eyes.

The woman just stared at her sarcastic daughter, she shook her head as she stood up. “Where are you the whole night? The guard saw you running off in the middle of the night.”

“Oh that concerns you now huh? I didn’t know you’ve changed.” Moonbyul scoffs, rubbing her sleepy eyes after.

“Byul,” Her mother called out, “You were the one who came up to me and making a deal. So while you’re here in Seoul, I am controlling your life. If I am asking you something, you better answer properly. Am I understood?

Moonbyul just glared at her mother, “I didn’t ask you to control everything that I am doing.”

Her mom let out a venomous smirk sending shivers through her spine. Even though Moonbyul will tell herself that she’s not going to be afraid of her mother, she will still end up having this effect from her. And she hates herself for that.

“Whatever stupidity you are doing Byul, stop it.” Her mother’s tone turned serious, “And don’t think I wouldn’t know about it, because you know me.”

Moonbyul gritted her teeth and her hands turned into fist.

“So I will repeat myself. Am I understood?” Her mother continued.

“Y-yes.”

“Good, I’ll see you my daughter,” She turned to leave but stopped on her tracks as she looked back again to see Moonbyul staring at nothing, “And Krystal told me you two have a lunch together, you better go.”

“I have class.” Moonbyul reasoned out. Trying to escape another Krystal interaction because that’s the last thing she wanted to do.

“You know my daughter, I accept you for who you are. I know that you’re attracted to girls but if there’s one girl I wanted for you, it’s Krystal. No other girl. Keep that in mind.” And there goes again the motherly eerie tone of her mother. And Moonbyul wished she would stop doing that.“Don’t do anything stupid.” Her mother continued, warning her before she was out of her door.

Moonbyul, on the other hand, immediately plopped herself on the chair that’s next to her and just stared at ceiling.

“Wow. This is complicated than I thought.” She whispered at nothing and rubbing her almost tense shoulder.

--

“Okay Solar-ssi, could you repeat the part before the first chorus?” One of the recording staff said through the mic so that Solar could hear it through the recording booth. Solar nodded, adjusting the headphones in her ear while moving closer to the mic. The cue music started, she bobbed her head as she count the beat before she could get started.

Geureohge sarangeun maleopsi…” She sings effortlessly, pouring her emotions out and doing some hand gestures. It’s the thing she does with her hand when she’s singing and she thinks it’s cool. After her part, the recording staff gave her thumbs up and she moved to the other parts. She worked on the harmonization for the whole song and repeating some of her parts so that it could fit Yang Da Il’s voice.

It’s a collaboration between the two artists and Yang Da Il picked Solar to participate in his song because he knows what an extraordinary singer Solar is. And the idol was great to accept his offer and when she heard the demo of the song, the emotion just shoot through her and this is the type of song she could listen to all day.

Once Solar was out of the recording booth, the crew handshakes the idol while giving some information about the song and small talks were made. Solar listened to her recording carefully, her face was in all serious mode and she even pointed some things to make the recorded song more beautifully and that’s ladies and gentlemen, how Solar is taking her job so seriously.

While Hwasa on the other hand was munching now her chicken that Moonbyul secretly delivered to their recording studio. Yes, Moonbyul sneaked to the studio while Solar was busy recording. Moonbyul met Hwasa just outside and gave her the promised chicken, some snacks and drinks on hand too. And the manager could’ve sworn she didn’t recognize Moonbyul, the girl toned her hair down that it looks like brown-ish but there’s still hint of blonde, got a hat on, with her black Herschel back pack and damn with some specs on to match her outfit. She swore the girl’s getting hotter every damn day.

Solar sits down beside her eating manager with a sigh, “I think we’re done here.” She looked at Hwasa, who’s happily doing some dance moves with her chicken. She rolled her eyes at how childish Hwasa could get when she’s with her precious chicken. And Solar took some chicken too to relieve her tiredness.

“How’s your head? Not getting any headaches?” Hwasa questioned, drinking some soda.

“Luckily no. I don’t know how but it seems like I just had the best sleep ever. Like I was sleeping in the arms of heaven, if that what heaven feels like, then yeah.” Solar chuckled while Hwasa snorted.

“Oh if you only knew.” Hwasa muttered under her breathe while having that suspicious smile.

“What did you say?” Solar questioned, tapping her manager’s shoulder.

“Ah…nothing. I said the chicken’s good.” Hwasa held up her chicken, her smile turned into a grin and she laughed inwardly at how Solar was still clueless in last night’s events. Sleeps like she’s in the arms of heaven? Heck, she literally sleeps on top of Moonbyul. Oh this Yeba.

Solar nodded, “Wow Hwasa, you ordered too much,” She scanned the food that’s on the coffee table, “Did I give you a raised? Because I think not.”

“Oh please Solar, just eat. Quit complaining and enjoy the blessing.” Hwasa urged, trying her hardest to stop herself from yelling from the idol that THE FOOD CAME FROM MOONBYUL!

These idiots. Hwasa just then rolled her eyes. But it twinkled when she faced the fifth chicken thigh she will eat that day.

--

“Why are you late?” Krystal asked with her raised brow as she looked at the now sitting Moonbyul across her. Moonbyul propped her backpack on the ground, sitting properly as she looked back at the girl sitting across her.

“Just had some business to do.” Moonbyul reasoned out. Yeah, like delivering some foods to Solar.

Krystal looked at Moonbyul suspiciously but she just shrugged it off quickly and smiled that girl was here now, and they’re having lunch together.

“Have you ordered already?” Moonbyul innocently asked, looking through the menus that’s been hanging on the counter’s background while tapping her chin. Krystal chuckled and that made the girl looked at her. “What?”

“I did already, I ordered your favorite. Our favorite. Anything ‘bout beef and chicken remember?” Krystal smirks, resting her chin on the back of her hands, “And ordered some mango dessert, too.”

Moonbyul then looked away, sheepishly scratching her cheeks with her forefinger.

Krystal noticed how the girl got embarrassed at her simple remark and it boosts something in her, she still has this effect on Moonbyul huh? They’re still each other’s first love, after all. Moonbyul was Krystal’s first in everything and it goes the same for Moonbyul.

The dark-haired girl smiled genuinely, tracing the outline of Moonbyul’s cheeks, “See, I didn’t even forget.”

Moonbyul grits her teeth and slowly leaned back away from Krystal’s touch, “Someone might see your actions.” She commented, looking around if the patrons saw what Krystal just did, since the girl is still a public figure too.

Krystal scoffs, “They can take pictures all they want, I don’t really care anymore. And I want to show you off too,” Then she shoots an unknowing look at Moonbyul, “Which Solar couldn’t do, right?” She snickered.

“You need to stop Soojung.” And that made Moonbyul stared angrily at the girl, “Don’t talk crap about her.”

Krystal confidently shrugged, “You know it’s true. And stop resisting me Byul, can’t you see even your mother like us together.”

Moonbyul sighed exasperated, “But then you left me right? Don’t act like it never happened.”

“I know! That’s why I am here. Byul, I am here again. Let me make up my mistakes.” Krystal held Moonbyul’s hand close to her, rubbing small circles because she knows how Moonbyul liked it.

“As if that’s so simple, Soojung. You broke a heart, so don’t expect me to welcome you again.”

“And what about Solar huh? She hurts you too. But here you are, chasing her even.” Why won’t you do that to me too?

“I know she’s difficult, making stupid decisions and all but she’s worth all of my time. She’s so worth it, Krystal.” Moonbyul said warmly, taking off her hand away from the girl, “I planned to have this lunch peacefully as to what my mother had said but I think I need to go.”

Krystal swallowed the lump that’s on and damn right, she’s hurt. But she deserved it…right?

Moonbyul walked away, she pushed through the door which chimed and all she needed right now is some fresh air. And maybe a Yongsun would do too.

--

“Ready to go?” Hwasa asked as she shoved her laptop on her shoulder bag then hooking it on her shoulder so casually, smiling at Solar who has been too preoccupied with her phone. Solar was scrolling thoughtlessly but nodded anyway, putting away her phone.

The duo walked down casually making their way out of the company, they decided to just have a coffee break before they have to call it a day. Once they’re outside, Solar waved to the fansite masters that are patiently waiting for her while making some funny poses too which made the people behind the camera giggle while Hwasa just walked so sassily with her sunglasses on. After awhile, they turned around the corner just to have a shortcut through their favorite café.

But a certain figure caught Solar’s eyes, she squints just to make sure her vision isn’t lying to her.

“Whee In?” She mumbled and Hwasa heard it, she quickly turned towards where the idol is looking. The manager’s eyes widen, it is truly Whee In. The girl was walking down the curb with her blue flowery dress on, sipping on her cold drink with a green straw, and scrolling something on her phone.

“WHEE IN!” Solar shouted. Whee In frowned looking at her back and side because someone just shouted her beautiful name. Solar waved her hand up in the air and Whee In caught it, she almost choked on her drink when she saw the girl waving at her.

“Mother of God,” Whee In whispers, coughing a little. She looked at Hwasa who had the same worried look like hers. She forced a smile when she saw the duo walking towards her now, there’s no walking away now.

“Hey guys,” Whee In started, waving her hand that’s been clutching her phone, “Didn’t thought I see you here.” Her smile is so awkward that Hwasa made a disgusted face.

“You’re here in Seoul…” Solar said as a matter-of-factly. She smiled and why is wishing Moonbyul’s together with Whee In too. Well, she isn’t just wishing. She’s hoping.

“Yeah, work is calling me.” Whee In side glances at Hwasa, who has been giving her signals with her eyes. And as if they have telepathic communication, Whee In understood that Solar can’t know Moonbyul’s here too.

“Let’s go now Solar, I’m hungry again. Let Whee In go to her work.” Hwasa interjected, holding Solar’s arm. Solar nodded and hugged Whee In to say her goodbye to the girl.

Whee In waved her goodbye but then her phone rang, displaying a big MOONBYULYI with a poop emoticon beside it. And did I say that the hand she’s using to wave was clutching her phone too? And yup, Hwasa and Solar saw that Moonbyul’s indeed calling the small girl.

“Crap.” Hwasa whispered while facepalming herself. Solar frowned at Whee In and the small girl gulp.

“I’ve got to dash, goodbye—“

“Answer it,” Solar said serious, “In front of me Whee In, turn it on speaker.” Solar commanded like a sergeant and Whee In was like a peasant, expected to take the command. Whee In gulped fearfully and nodded. Whee In taps the green icon and put it on speaker.

“H-hello Byul?” Why the hell is she stuttering, oh yeah, it’s just that Solar was glaring at her and the phone?

“Where are you? I’m at Mr. Ahn’s café, could you come here?” Moonbyul said on the other line. Whee In was about to say no but Solar mouthed ‘say yes’ with a threatening look.

“Y-yeah, I’ll be there soon.” She responded, looking at Hwasa to help her but the manager just shook her head while pinching the bridge of her nose.

Okay, better be quick. I met Krystal earlier—“

“That’s enough Byul, got to go!” Whee In immediately hung up the call when Moonbyul mentioned her cousin’s name. And hell, she’s afraid to even look up to see Solar’s reaction.

“So she’s ing here in Seoul all this time…” Solar trailed off, “What a coincidence, Hwasa and I will go to that café too. Why won’t we have some reunion?”

Solar’s voice turned cold, unemotional and Whee In and Hwasa knew she’s going to kick Moonbyul’s y .

They both facepalmed. Doom is coming.

 

--

A/N

Yeah, got to add some characters. And guess who is the couple next door! Pft! 

And i don't know why I'm listening to Zayn's album while making this. /shrugs

Tell me what do you think about this chapter too! Haha. 

As always thank you for making time to read this:) 

Always thankful. 

Muah!