Ventidue

Finalmente

The make-up artist is busy putting some gloss in Solar’s lips while the stylist is fixing the tie and somewhere in the hem of her dress, EDM sound is playing on the background. A little bit of fixing her hair, some spray for her hair to volume up and voila, Solar’s ready to smile again for the camera. But beside her was Krystal. As usual, no talking while they are doing their photoshoot. They only greeted each other awhile ago and that’s it, no more talking interactions. Nicole and Hwasa are behind this huge computer that’s been connected on the photographer’s camera and has been checking the photos.

“More lights on the right, please!” The male photographer instructed, as he checks the lighting on his recently taken photos. The staffs adjusted the light, and while they are putting on the work, Krystal initiated some talks to Solar because it’s getting awkward for both of them and knowing Solar’s pride, she knew the girl wouldn’t talk to her at all cost.

“Can you at least pretend that you are happy working with me?”  Krystal said, side glancing at the straight-faced Solar.

“Oh. I’m happy working with you, Krystal.” Solar smiled briefly, but eyes are dead for Krystal.

“I just love your sarcasm, Solar.”

“I’m flattered, Ms. Jung.”

Krystal was about to say something but the photographer called again and they’re on. The two ladies worked professionally throughout the shoot, with all the changing make-ups and dresses, they did well. And a month from now, they will be gracing Nicole’s magazine, front cover and the middle. Solar’s company was so thankful for Nicole for not cancelling the contract, even though she knew how deep Solar’s relationship issue is. But Nicole is nice, she’s good and she’s a friend that’s why she can’t hate Solar. And she wants to let everybody know that having that kind of relationship won’t cause World War III, won’t cause a plague and won’t cause death. It’s just love, people. God damn it.

“And I think we are good.” The photographer said, giving thumbs up to Nicole and the woman nodded with a smile on her face. The crew for editing immediately gets into their work, staffs are fixing the set, while the two models for their magazines went to their own room.

There’s still an awkward silence between Solar and Krystal, Hwasa and Krytal’s manager can feel it too. Prepped now with their casual yet stylish clothes, ready to go onto their next schedule, Krystal just wanted to have a talk with Solar. She knows what she has done to the party and other things that might hurt the other girl, this might sound so unbelievable but deep down, Krystal’s nice too. She might get impulsive, but she knows when to just say sorry.

“Hey Solar, can I just talk to you for a bit?” Krystal asked, eyes staring directly at Solar.

Hwasa has a questioning face, Krystal’s manager too. Solar glances at Krystal before nodding her head. They both gave a cue to their managers to give them privacy, for them to talk.

“Okay,” Solar sighed, sitting again on the chair, “What do you have to say?”

“Byul loves you so much,” Krystal started, making the corner of Solar’s lips tug upwards, “But of course, you knew that already.”

Solar nods her head.

“Solar,” Krystal called and the other girl looks at her, “Just don’t hurt her.”

“I won’t. I’d be a fool like you if I ever did.”

“Gosh. Too straight up, Ms. Kim” Krystal almost laughed, making Solar sniggered too. “Just…love each other, I guess.”

Solar sighs, she looks down suddenly feeling all shy, “We will, Krystal. I don’t know why are you saying these things to me, I never imagined it.”

“Please, I’m a good person that’s why.” Krystal playfully bats her eyes, snorting in the process, “But kidding aside, just don’t things up. Well I know, you’re the talk of the town, it’s ed up already but just do whatever makes you happy. Do nice things, people will say something and do mean things, people will still say something. So why not just live your own life. People scare me sometimes.” She runs her fingers through her hair, Solar looks at her with a raised brow.

“Is this really Krystal Jung that I am talking to? Whoever you are, possessing this lady, get out of her body.” Solar puts her hand just inches above Krystal’s head, as if trying to pull an exorcist act. Krystal looks annoyed and swats the hand that’s been on her head, but Solar just laughed it off.

“Thank you, Krystal.”

“And I’m sorry, Solar.”

They both smile at each other, the most genuine smile they could ever give to the both of them.
--

“I’m going to throw up.” Yuju, with her face contorted in disgust, chews her food slowly. “I swear I’ll be good, I’m not going to beat up somebody and I’m not going to steal lunch money from my classmates anymore. Just don’t make me eat whatever Yongsun-unnie is cooking.”

“Yah, don’t say something like that to Yongsun. You’re exaggerating things, the food is not that bad.” Moonbyul points her chopsticks to the younger, staring firmly to her sister, “And you’re stealing lunch money? Will you please stop giving hell to other people?”

“Exaggerating?! Sis, she’s literally poisoning us. Look at these scrambled eggs, the color is supposed to be yellow not yellow-green. And the rice? Oh my, it’s salty. How the is rice salty? The broccoli, man, it’s uncooked!” Yuju rants, pointing to the dishes one by one, “I’m going to die. We are going to die, if we keep eating this. I’m not going to see your future child, my future child too. Mom and dad are going to be sad when we are gone.”

Moonbyul widens her eyes for a moment, not believing how Yuju just said all those things. It’s just food lunch, for Pete’s sake. She took a bite from her omelet, she stops chewing once her taste buds touch the food. It’s so salty, that dead ocean will be embarrassed.  Yongsun made this, she made this for me. I should eat this. That’s Moonbyul’s mantra every chew and every bite she makes. Then she heard a tic inside while she’s chewing the egg, and yes, that’s a piece of the eggshell. Yuju’s right, we are going to die.

“Yongsun-unnie is cool and all, but please, don’t let her cook.” Yuju holds her stomach as she drinks her yoghurt drink, she thinks that’s the prophylaxis for whatever toxins that the food may have. But Moonbyul on the other side, was calmly eating her food, so calmly she doesn’t even care if it’s the end of the world. Yuju looks at her sister unbelievably, the courage she has. “Wow, you really love her.”

Moonbyul shrugs, “I can taste the love.”

“No. That’s MSG. That’s going to crush your kidneys, you’re going to pee on your butthole.”

“Yuju. Unnie’s eating. Will you please shut up? Give me peace or else I’m going to poke your eye with this chopstick, it’ll pass to your brain then against the back of your head.”

“Chill, sis.” Yuju shivers, “No need to be Kill Bill. I’m just messing around, geez” Yuju thinks sometimes that her sister can have some psychotic tendencies, what can she say, they’re the crazy family in a drama.  

“You know what my sister, I think something’s change with mom.” Yuju said casually, her eyes squint while chewing her drinks straw. Moonbyul stops her eating for awhile then hums, and then she continues to eat. “She cried.”

And that made Moonbyul to look at her sister, “She did what?”

“You know how tough mom is, she never cried in front of us. I think she never cried, ever. But she did cry one night, while hugging me.” Yuju confessed, putting her drink down, “Is it a good sign or something suspicious is going on?”

Moonbyul leaned herself more on the chair, taking her bottle of drink and took a good gulp of her water because damn, the food’s really salty.

“I think you should really talk to her, unnie.” The younger continued, eyes staring softly on her sister’s.  “We don’t know what’s really going on through her mind, but I guess the only way to find out is to talk to her.”

“Another talk to her means chaos, Yuju.”

“I’ll be there. I’ll be with you, unnie. And as far as I know, I am always there for you and Youngsun-unnie. I’m your protector, remember? Damn sis, I almost killed a guy because of the two of you.”

When you thought this was a serious talk between the sisters, Yuju will throw in statements like that and Moonbyul couldn’t help but to chuckle. She clasps her hands, putting it on top on the table, “Okay, Yuju. Okay.” She smiles, and her sister grins widely clapping her hands.

“But first, finish your meal.” Moonbyul ordered. “Or else Yongsun will murder you.”

“Gosh unnie! I swear to heavens, my lawyer will hear of this.”

--

“Mom.”

Moonbyul stood on their front porch, awkwardly. Her mother just stared at her, who was sitting on the cushioned chair and holding a hardbound book, of course a book that involves medical. Yuju looks at her sister then to her mother, mother then to her sister and she rolls her eyes at how awkward the situation is.

“Mom, unnie’s here to talk to you.” Yuju said for her sister, taking a seat just beside her mother then snatching some cookies on the plate and pours herself a tea, “Can we pretend that this is a-not-awkward mother-daughter bonding? And enjoy this tea time? Sit down, my lovely sister.”

Moonbyul took a seat across her mother, looking at Yuju, who’s now busy munching her sugar-filled snack. So much for support, sister.

“How are you, Byul?” Hwayoung asked her daughter unexpectedly, but her eyes on the pages of the book, reading with her glasses on.

“I’m great—“

“I heard you got attacked by some fans of Solar, got mail hate and of course hate from your school.” Her mother cuts off, Moonbyul frowned, and how does her mother knew about this? Then she shot Yuju a look, but the younger shook her head as if telling that she doesn’t know anything about this. “Don’t look at Yuju like that, I have people telling me.” Again, her mother said but eyes are busy reading the printed words.

“Oh…um… I’m still fine despite all those happenings.”

Hwayoung looks at her through her glasses, “You’ve sacrificed too much just for that girl.”

“Yongsun, mom. She’s Kim Yongsun.” Moonbyul interjects, her almost dry lips. Yuju glances at her sister, eyes telling to calm down. Moonbyul subtly nodded.

“I know her name, Byul. And I’ve talked to her dad too. I see that you already met that old man.” Hwayoung puts down her book, taking off her glasses too and putting it on top of blue book. Now, looking eye-to-eye with her oldest.

“You’ve talked to Mr. Kim?” Moonbyul has this questioning look, leaning a bit forward.

Her mother nodded, and the sipping her tea, “Yes. The old man talks too much. But with a good personality.”

“Mom, don’t tell me you argued with Mr. Kim.” Moonbyul said slowly, collecting some calmness she still has. Yuju looks at her mother, and by the looks of it, her mom definitely picked a fight. Yuju could only sigh. Receiving silence as an answer, Moonbyul closes her eyes for a moment.

“It’s inevitable, Byul. I was pissed and your girlfriend humiliated me.” Hwayoung calmly said, her sitting posture shows nothing but pride.

“You started everything. You ruined everything first.” Moonbyul said through gritted teeth, fists on her laps.

They heard their mother scoffs, “I don’t know what exactly did you see on that girl, and I don’t know why everybody is defending her.”

“It’s because you never give yourself a chance to meet her! Does her flaws all you could ever think?!” There, Moonbyul just yelled at her mother. But her mom seems not to be bothered, just looking at Moonbyul. Yuju looks down, just sipping her tea, Uh-oh.

“And if you think she’s giving me a hard time because of this relationship is now open in the public, well she’s not!”

Moonbyul grabs her bag that’s on the wooden floor, ready to walk out from this so-called talk. She stood up, taking a few steps away from them. But then she halts when she heard her mother.

“Wait,” Hwayoung swallowed hard, she looks at Yuju then to Moonbyul, whose back is facing her. “Look at me, Byul.”

Moonbyul, with a heavy heart, looks at her mother’s stone cold face.

“Yongsun’s dad is a good man.” Hwayoung stated and that made Moonbyul’s gaze softens, “He told me things that made think over about.” Her mother paused for awhile, Yuju and Moonbyul made eye contact, “I may not be the best mother out there for the two of you, it’s hard for me to express things that mother should be expressing towards her children.”

Moonbyul heart suddenly drops when her mother looks at her with those sad eyes that almost resemble hers. Yuju, again, was right. Something has changed with her mom and she knows that’s because of the talk between her and Mr. Kim.

“I’ve been thinking about this, since you’re not dropping Yongsun anytime soon or maybe never. I want to meet her.”

Yuju was the first one to smile when she heard this, she excitedly hugged her mother from the side.

“Really, mom? You’re going to meet and talk with Yongsun-unnie?”

“Yes, Yuju.”

“You’re not going to hurt her, are you?” Yuju asked suspiciously.

“No, Yuju. It’s a family dinner.”

Moonbyul heard the word ‘family’, and she’s going to lie if her heart’s not elated about this. She looks at her mother, who is now looking at her too. She’s kind of embarrassed and somehow not familiar about this. It’s been a long time since she’s feeling happy with her mother.

“Chance you say, Byul? I’m giving the two of you a chance. A single chance, Moon Byul Yi.” Her mother’s tone is in a motherly tone, but seriousness is still lingering there. Moonbyul nodded, unable to form any words. And if she talks she will just stammer. And that’s why she just showed them her smile. Oh this crazy family.

--

“Wipe that smile off from your face, it’s getting creepy.” Whee In throws a piece of popcorn to Moonbyul’s face, and then she throws another.

“Stop that. And I’m just being happy Whee In. My mom’s finally decided to meet Yongsun, in a peaceful environment, with no fighting to occur. Can you imagine that?” Moonbyul slumped herself on the couch, it feels like her stress has been lifted off.

“And finally your mom took an Elsa pill.” Wheen In said, putting a fistful of popcorn onto and chewed it loudly.

“A what?” Moonbyul asked, looking at her friend. Whee In answered but she couldn’t make a proper single word that’s coming out because it’s too full and she’s spitting bits of popcorn. “Whee In, swallow you food first.”

Whee In gulps down the snack and Moonbyul offered her water which she gladly took and drink, after that, “I said, Elsa pill. You know, if you realize that you need to let it go and let the past in the past. Pop an Elsa pill. Because ‘chill’ pill is too mainstream for your mom.”

Moonbyul looks at her friend, intensely.

“Oh no, Byul. Don’t look at me like that. I know you wanna laugh.” Whee In laughs, snorting in between, while popping popcorn on . But getting no reaction from her friend, she just drops her laugh and eats in silence, while flipping through another channel.

“Goodness Whee In, that’s terrible.” Moonbyul is laughing now, nose scrunching up higher while holding her tummy.

“I know.”

They are both laughing now, that tears formed on the corner of their eyes. And eventually, their laughs died down but smiles are still plastered on their faces.

“I hope that family dinner turns out really well, Byul.”

“God, I hope so too.”

“Yongsun will do great.”

“She will.”

Moonbyul smiles widely. Whee In offers her fist and Moonbyul bumps it with her own. And the two best friends decided to just watch Frozen because Whee In’s joke is never going to die, ever.

--

 “Love, wake up.”

Moonbyul heard an angelic voice and lips kissing her face, she smiled while opening her right eye. Even her sight is still blurry from sleep, she could always perfectly make out Solar’s beautiful face. Solar beams so brightly.

“Good morning, Byul.” Solar said softly, hands cupping her girlfriend’s face.

“Yongsun.” Moonbyul could only mumble, wrapping her arms around Solar’s waist and pulling her girlfriend on top of her. It made Solar squealed but laughs heartily after. “How did you get in here?” Moonbyul said snuggling her face on the crook of Solar’s neck, it tickles the latter.

“You didn’t lock the door. Careless Moonbyul.” Solar teased, caressing the girl’s tresses.

“I’m not you.” Moonbyul said, while smile is still on her face, “Goodness, you smell so nice.” Moonbyul inhaled Solar’s scent and it calms her. Solar looks down to see her cute girlfriend’s face and Moonbyul’s smiling face greeted her.

“You seem so happy.” Solar stated her observation.

“Yongsun, I talked to my mom.”

Solar’s smile drops, she shifted herself so that she could properly looks at Moonbyul’s eyes, “So, how did it go?” She bit her lower lip, and Moonbyul knows that made Solar nervous.

“Well at first, it’s not that good. But, at the latter part…she said she wants to meet you.”

Solar’s eyes almost popped out, she immediately sits on top of her girlfriend which made Moonbyul groaned a little for the added weight on her body. “You are not kidding me, right?”

“I am not. She said that.” Moonbyul laughs softly. “It’s a family dinner, tomorrow night.”

“Your mom wasn’t possessed when she said that right?” Solar eyes narrowed, leaning forward. Moonbyul shook her head, an amused smile appeared on her face. What the hell, this isn’t exorcism. “Oh. Now, I’m nervous.”

“Yeah, says the one who poured wine all over her.” Moonbyul’s turn to teased, which earned a smack on her chest, “Okay, okay.” A light chuckle erupted from Moonbyul, “It all boils down to this right? We can’t run from this now, Yongsun. After all, she’s still my mother.”

Solar puts her head on Moonbyul’s chest, feeling the rise and the fall, heartbeats…yeah, this is real. Moonbyul instinctively wraps her arms tightly around the lovely lady lying on top of her, inhaling the scent on her freshly wash hair. Silence envelopes them, both of them has something on their minds, both have worries but still, there’s the strength and love for each other. 

“You’re going to be fine.” Moonbyul reassured her, gently her arms.

“But it’s your mother, Byul.”

Solar unconsciously grips her girlfriend’s shirt with her both hands, feeling high strung. “Do you think she will like me enough after tomorrow night? Gosh, I need the pope to bless me and pray for me.” She whimpered against Moonbyul’s chest.

Moonbyul chortles, adjusting the blanket to cover Solar’s body, “I love you.” She whispered, lips faintly brushing on Solar’s ear. Moonbyul doesn’t need to say thousand of words by now just to ease her, but with just three words, Solar feels…untroubled.

--

“Hwasa, can I cancel all my schedules this Tuesday?” Solar said on the phone slowly while playing the ends of Moonbyul’s sweater that she’s wearing. She heard a sharp ‘what?’ on the other line, she closes her eyes, “I need that day, Hwasa.”

“But Tuesday is Neutrogena’s 5th anniversary since they launched here in Korea. And you are the brand ambassador and you need to be there. You’re lucky enough they’re one of your sponsors who didn’t pull off since your relationship with Moonbyul has been publicized.”  She heard Hwasa say, and the girl probably has creases on her forehead forming now.

“What? That’s Tuesday?” Solar slaps her forehead so hard it could leave a bruise, “God damn, Neutrogena.”

And this is the first she will hate her favorite brand, so Neutrogena…f . u.

“Yes, Solar. Please be informed accordingly. And we can’t back you out now, and this is the first time you’re going to an event after all those issues of yours. The event will start at 6pm and will end at 8, a little meet and greet, general managers and product marketing managers will be there too.” Hwasa said, probably checking the schedule description on her laptop while having her reading glasses on and probably looking a lot like the principal on your high school but sassier.

“Oh my god, okay…okay.” Solar ruffles her hair, groaning a little.

Hwasa frowns, an arm crossing on her tummy, “Why do you need that day, by the way?”

“Hwasa…I’m meeting Moonbyul’s mom. At 8, dinner at Saint Louis.”

“What?!” 

“Yes, Hwasa. You heard me right.”

“What kind of restaurant is Saint Louis? Going to dine with the lay ministers?”

“Hwasa!”

“I know, I know. But no kidding, holy you are meeting the witch.” She heard Hwasa heaves a sigh, she just doesn’t know if it’s a relief or something bad. “I’ll do everything I can then, but I’m not promising. Solar, you need this too unless you really want your image to go bad, like really really bad. And I don’t think Moonbyul would like that. As much as she loves you, she knows you’re happy in this industry and that she will, wholeheartedly support you. Bless the girl.”

Solard nods as if Hwasa could see her. Head hung low while gripping the table’s edge tightly. She hangs up the phone, unable to reply anything. On the other hand, Hwasa understands and she’s serious when she said she’s going to do something to for Solar, without wasting anymore seconds she went to the event organizer because damn, her friend is going to face her soon-to-be mother-in-law and probably the grandmother of her baby.

“Hey,” Moonbyul mutters, somehow jolting Solar up in surprise. She’s in her deep thoughts that she didn’t notice the girl is already mere inches away from her. “What’s up? I heard you’re talking to Hwasa.”

Solar looks at her, forcing a smile but eyes are sad. Moonbyul frowns as she noticed this action, she cups her girlfriend’s squishy cheeks, “What’s wrong?”

“There’s a little…” Solar couldn’t even say it, and it’s not even a little issue. She took a deep breath, she took away Moonbyul’s hands away from her face but just to hold it tightly. “I have an event on Tuesday, but don’t worry because I’ll be there on the dinner. I promise.” She said, but hastily that she said the first sentence in one breathing and the ‘I promise’ part is the only coherent words she said.

“Oh.” Moonbyul could only say. And that’s it, she could hear the other girl’s heart somehow breaking. Moonbyul’s knees somehow weakens, hands clasps tightly on Solar’s hands looses. Solar was aware of this that she held her girlfriend’s hands tightly again.

“I will be there, Byul. I will. The event will end at 8 and after that I’ll run to you, quickly.”

Moonbyul tries to smile, “I’m sorry we couldn’t move the day, you know, my mom. But it’s fine, e can move it at eight-thirty then?  I can tell my family that, don’t worry.”

“But—“

The brown haired girl pulls Solar in to a hug, rubbing circles on her lower back, “Hush. It’s alright, Yongsun. I just want you to be there, with me.” She closes her eyes and Solar too.

Solar could only hug the girl firmly, securely. The things Moonbyul do for her, really, it’s all overwhelming her. Does it scare her? Heck yeah, because what if one day she couldn’t even do things for Moonbyul and it will result for her to lose the girl.

--

The idol was all smiles, wave here and there even though the press flocks around her as soon as she steps in the event. She kept a calm aura, just what Hwasa said. Many are questioning her, about Moonbyul, her opinion about this, and if all these happenings are just media play and she almost, almost, snorted. But she didn’t answer those questions. She only answered questions that were relevant about this event.

“Okay, a little bit of way please.” Hwasa said politely to the press, bodyguards are helping to clear a way for Solar, but there’s this one girl in the press that’s just being a straight up .

“Solar, Moonbyul was spotted together with someone and just from looking at the photo, it’s as if they’re going to kiss. It’s circulating around the web and it’s been a hot topic. What can you say about this?” With that y tone, the y face she’s pulling off. Solar halts, facing the girl.

“Moonbyul and I are fine.” She said smiling, but memorizing the face of the girl, that face will go on her hit list.

The interviewer holds up her phone, “This photo has been circulating, and by just looking at it, you could tell that it’s Krystal Jung even though they’re in the car. Krystal’s car.” And Solar swear, the interviewer smirks at her. She looked at the photo, and she could tell too that it’s Krystal and Moonbyul. She never heard Moonbyul telling her about this meet up.

But Hwasa was quick on her foot and grabs Solar away from that girl.  She shoots the interviewer a dirty look, and her eyes suddenly turns deadly. She signals the security to grab the girl away from this event and they complied.

“Keep your composure, Solar.” Hwasa looks around them and Solar said her ‘okay’. “Remember there are still people who want to bring you down. Leave them and show them you’re fine and okay together with Moonbyul.”

And with that, Solar straighten up with her game face one, she beams to the people around her and ready to finish this event smoothly so that she could go now. Hwasa couldn’t do anything about that 8pm and they should be there until the closing of the event.

..

Moonbyul smiled so widely at her sister who just showed up at the restaurant together with their mother. Yuju gave Moonbyul a hug, of course smiling happily too. Moonbyul shakes her step father’s hand as her greeting and a brief hug to her mother.

“Where’s Yongsun-unnie?” Yuju whispered quietly, sitting just beside her sister. Moonbyul looks at her phone, no texts or calls and it is fifteen minutes before eight-thirty but still she smiled to her sister and acts like there’s nothing to worry about.

“Ah, she’s…going to be here.” Moonbyul grins to her mother, who is seemingly waiting calmly for Solar.

..

“Hwasa, it is past eight o’clock! Where are you?!” Solar is totally freaking out right now. The event is taking too long for her liking, and what’s worst is, she can’t use her phone because it’s in Hwasa’s hand. And her manager is nowhere to be found in this sea of people!

Solar has been talking and socializing with people for hours now, influential peoples too in the industry, they couldn’t let Solar go! Some sending her looks but she ignored it, she really tried her best tonight. But she couldn’t care less, because the clock is ticking and she’s still stuck here!

She looks around, worriedly. She looks at her watch, fifteen minutes.

“Come on, let’s go. Let’s go to your Moonbyul.” Hwasa suddenly appeared and grabs her arm, dragging her out of this event.

“Where the hell have you been?!” Solar almost yelled, “Give me my phone!”

Hwasa rolls her eyes, “I’m sorry okay, I was not supposed to be with you the entire time and I was back there convincing the organizers to just let you off, the event’s going a little longer than expected . And here,” She handed Solar’s phone and instantly the girl grabs it. As soon as she opens it, she dialed Moonbyul’s number. They hurriedly went to their car, Hwasa driving it. Solar can’t reach Moonbyul’s phone.

“I can’t call her phone, it keeps getting denied.” Solar kicks her heels off and wears the other pair of heels she intended to wear on the dinner.  Then she heard that sound on her phone, the sound she can’t be hearing right now, it’s the sound when your phone is getting out of battey. “, not now!” Solar kept on trying and trying to call Moonbyul while she expertly changes her gown into a white dress that perfectly fits her.

..

“This restaurant’s phone reception is not good, this I can’t even send text.” Yuju muttered while typing something on her phone but her mother caught the language she used and Yuju immediately said ‘sorry’ while shrugging.

Moonbyul looks at her phone and Yuju was right, her phone’s signal is at the lowest and she inwardly cusses.

“Byul, she’s already late. Is she coming or what?” Her mother said, sipping on her glass of wine. “You know I don’t like waiting, right?”

“She will be here. She will be.” Moonbyul forcefully smiled, she looks at her step dad and the latter nods at her with a reassuring smile.

“Honey, please patiently wait for Moonbyul’s girlfriend.” Her step dad said, patting her mother’s hand then eventually holding it. Moonbyul thanked him for doing that.

“I’m just going out, I’m calling her.” Moonbyul said while looking at her phone.

..

“No! My phone’s dead!!” Solar shouted inside the car, punching the seats and almost throws her phone out of the window. “Can you please drive faster, Hwasa? Please, I’m begging you.”

“. Traffic’s on the way.” Hwasa said, while honking at the car in front of them.

“Oh come on!” Solar yelled once more, “Hwasa, give me your phone. I’m going to call Moonbyul”

“In the bag.”

The idol immediately dialed Moonbyul’s number using Hwasa’s phone, “Please, pick up. Pick up, Byul” her voice is raspy and pleading.

..

“Please just five minutes…no…just fifteen minutes more, please?” Moonbyul’s tone is almost begging.

“Byul…we’ve been waiting for several minutes now. Almost thirty minutes, yet she’s not here.” Hwayoung’s cold voice said, her eyes darting at Moonbyul’s. Yuju worriedly looks at her sister while her dad just keeping mum. “And if she really wanted to be here, Byul, she would be here now.”

Moonbyul looks down, her hand grips her phone tightly. Just where is Solar?

She heard her mom sigh in exasperation, “I guess I’m wrong giving the two of you a chance. Let’s go.”

“But mom—“

“Stop it Yuju, we’re going home.”

Her mother stood up, her step dad, with a heavy heart stood up after her.

“Let’s just wait for Yongsun-unnie, I know she will be here.” Yuju tried to hold her mother, buying time for Solar to be here.

Moonbyul suddenly speaks up, “No. Yuju, go home now.”

“But unnie…” Yuju looks at her unbelievingly, her mom is keeping her straight face.

“You’ve waited long enough.” Moonbyul swallowed hard, “I’ll be fine.”

“Come on, Yuju.” Her mother ordered, she started walking out. Her father gave her firm taps on Moonbyul’s shoulder before following Hwayoung and Yuju smiled sadly at her sister and gave her a hug so tight.

Moonbyul let out a scoff, rubbing her eyes that are almost welling in tears. She harshly drops her phone on table, looking at the black screen.

“Yongsun…” She said under her breath. She shakes her head, frustration is getting her and maybe anger too. Her eyes look around the place and even on the street, still, no Kim Yongsun. Moonbyul stands up but eyes are glued on her phone that’s been on the table, hoping Solar would even call her. But there’s call. And that’s when she left, leaving her phone on the table just like that, she doesn’t care anymore.

And then her phone rings but she’s not there anymore to pick it up.

 

 

 

--

A/N:

I lied. I think there are few more chapters. Haaaa.

And some drama would help. And i'm sorry. 

I'm trying not to rush things up about Moonbyul's mom's character, haha but i guessed I failed because some of you felt that it was kind of rush and also with Krystal. But there are still bits about her (Hwayoung) that won't go away. Sadly. Hold tight. 

As always, thank you for reading this until now! You the best! 

(Sorry for some mistakes!) 

(And Mamamoo's awesome in dream con! And have you seen Yuju? Damn vocals too!)