Tredici

Finalmente

“Ready to go?” Hwasa asked as she patted Solar’s shoulder, the girl has been spacing out and just staring at nothing since her last talk to Moonbyul. Solar was sitting on the couch, unmoving. The manager could only sigh as she got nothing but a small nod from her friend. She grabbed her purple luggage and puts on her sassy sunglasses as she walk to the door when she heard the honk of their awaiting van.

“Come on, we’ve got a long trip ahead of us Solar.” She carefully reminded but Solar nodded again, “I’ll just wait outside.” And with one last heaved of breath, Hwasa was out of the door with her heels tapping as she walk.

Meanwhile Solar, her eyes are still lingering in the every corner of the house. Who knew that in her short stay in this quaint looking house she’ll make such big memories? Who knew she could change her attitude from being so ‘bratty’ to ‘not-so-bratty’, oh well she could still throw unnecessary tantrums at times but hey, she matured somehow. And of course most of all, who knew that she, could even love. She smiles a little, thinking the bittersweet memories. Every corner of this house just screams Moonbyul to her. Moonbyul and her fighting, Moonbyul and her teasing each other, Moonbyul and her eating on her kitchen and hell she can even remember how Moonbyul fixed her broken bathroom door.

Just Moonbyul.

But she ruined it, didn’t she?

Her reverie was interrupted when she heard another honk from the outside, she gulped as if swallowing the pain all by herself and hopes that she could find her courage to stand and just walk away. She chuckled bitterly, her she goes again, walking away. Maybe her father was right all along, that she couldn’t handle things by herself and that she would always mess up. And the thing she’s good at was to just walk away.

She hung the strap of her bag on her right shoulder, she walked steadily as she grabbed the colored keys of her house and ready to give it to Whee In. Once she’s outside, she saw Whee In while her hand was grabbing Umji’s as they’re having a talk with Hwasa. But no Moonbyul in sight, she tightly grip the strap.

Whee In noticed Solar, she pouted sadly as she saw how puffy the girl’s eyes are. She might be crying nonstop since, she thought. The smaller girl can’t really help but to feel partly guilty, she knew that Krystal was a fragment why Solar and Moonbyul had this huge heart-rending fight. If Whee In knew her cousin would be here, she could’ve done something.

“Hey Yongsun.” She greeted once Solar was near enough to them. Solar just smiled, and then turned her gaze towards the sad little kid in Whee In’s grasp.

Solar kneels and ruffles the little kid’s hair, “Be good okay?” then she kissed her forehead.

But to everybody’s surprised, Umji suddenly hugged the idol. Solar was taken aback but with a smile she hugged the little kid tightly. “Aw my little Umji’s being a baby now huh?” Solar tries to lighten up the situation.

“Are you gonna be back?” Umji asked innocently, holding Solar’s neck securely. Whee In and Hwasa looked at each other, the manager was the one to look away first. Whee In nodded, understanding that Solar will not be back for a long time.

The idol’s eyes are cast down as she rubbed Umji’s back, “I’ll visit once in awhile Umji okay? Wait for unnie yeah?”

She felt Umji nodded, “Krytal-unnie told that to me and Moonbyul-unnie once but it took too many years before she came back. Are you leaving my unnie too?”

Whee In was the first one to react, her eyes widened in shock, “Umji-ah,” she forces a laugh as if masking the awkwardness in the situation, “Yongsun-unnie and Hwasa-unnie has to go now.” She gently unhooked Umji’s arms away from Solar and grasped the little girl’s hand against her.

On the other hand Solar couldn’t even blinked, the realization dawned her. She’s making Krystal’s mistake in the past. She’s making it all over again and she’s making Moonbyul feel the hurt again.

‘Am I that easy to give up?’ Moonbyul’s question last time keeps on replaying on her head. She quickly stood up and looks at Whee In.

“Where’s Moonbyul?” Her voice full of worry and even longing, damn it’s just been a day since she last saw the girl but she already missed her what if she’s already in Seoul? Maybe she’ll go crazy as hell that Hwasa might consider signing her in an asylum. And yeah, Hwasa wouldn’t have any second thought doing that to her.

Solar was ready to go to Moonbyul’s place, she is ready to stay. But Whee In’s eyes don’t meet hers and that scared Solar. Then she looked at Umji, but the kid just looked at her unnie’s friend, Whee In.

“Time to go Solar.” Hwasa grabbed Solar’s wrist. The manager knew Whee In couldn’t answer that for Solar and she can feel that once she releases the idol’s arm, Solar will stay here. And that’s not a good idea at this moment. Hwasa could be a right now, by being a partly er in Solar and Moonbyul’s relationship but she’s doing this for goodness sake.

But Solar was still expecting Whee In to answer, “Whee In, where’s Moonbyul?” She questioned once again, “For ’s sake Whee In just answer the question.”

Whee In knows that Solar was getting frustrated as hell right now and it’s funny how she just subtly covered Umji’s ears as if trying to block any cussed words.

“Solar, your language. The kid’s here.” Hwasa furrowed, tugging Solar’s arm forcefully.

Solar was going to say something and looked at the girl guiltily but finally Whee In spoke, “She’s hurt, you know that right? She just needed some time, Yongsun. Let her have that. And if you’re planning to go to her house, I’m sorry but she’s not there. I just can’t tell you where she is.”

Whee In smiled for the last time, “You two should go now, careful on the road.” She just said short, unable to withstand Solar’s sad looked and if she stayed there for another minute she’ll spill Moonbyul’s whereabouts because goddamn she’s rooting for the MoonSun couple. And it also breaks her heart. But at the same time, she feels Solar need to learn from this mess she made. Solar doesn’t know how lucky she is, Moonbyul’s willing to do anything for the idol but the pretty celebrity isn’t ready for that.

Umji waved her sad goodbye but never forgetting to hug Hwasa also, the manager reciprocated the hug so tightly that it warmed the little kid. Whee In hugged Hwasa also and then to Solar.

“Damn you for hurting my bestfriend,” Whee In half heartedly joked, but chuckled. She let go of the hug that patted Solar’s , “Go now.”

Solar looked down, she ed up big time. Wow. She’s so hopeless. THE Kim Solar is so hopeless and helpless. And she needs Moonbyul.

Still looking down, Hwasa stand beside her who’s looking on the two figures walking away from them. She looked at the down Solar and sighed for the nth time, “Say thank you to me.”

“Why?” Solar’s voice was dead and she’s not looking up, the ground’s too interesting for now.

“I have Smirnoff inside the van.”

“Thank you motherer.” Solar’s small laugh was heard and she quickly dashed off inside the van. Hwasa let out a sad smile, she knew Solar was trying her hardest not to cry again in front of her but she noticed the idol’s tears running down her face as she went away.

And she’s right, Solar’s crying again with her hands covering her face and sobbing loudly. 

“This is gonna be a long ride, thank heavens I got three bottles of Smirnoff here.” Hwasa mumbled, shaking her head for the hangover Solar that she’s gonna be handling soon.

 And just how many alcoholic drinks does Hwasa have? It just never ends.

--

“Solar after you said your line, you leave this bottle on top of this counter and you’ll walk away with your blinding smile, touching your face like this,” the director explain to the girl while demonstrating how she will caressed her face as if it’s the face that will launch a thousand of ships and not s. “Got it Solar-ssi?”

Solar nodded as her stylist keeps on spraying something on her hair and one on her make-up team was putting some natural lip balm on her lips. And yes, Solar the celebrity was busy with her new CF shoot with her Neutrogena family. And Hwasa isn’t lying when she told her that she’ll be very busy once she made it back to Seoul.

The director gave a cue to the idol and she started acting the scene with no difficulty, as if she’s born to say the words ‘Neutrogena Foam Cleanser’.

While Hwasa was busy typing something on her laptop in the corner and it’s about Solar’s upcoming schedules. She’s sipping her coffee to ease her headache because she hasn’t been sleeping well these past nights and blame Solar for that. The idol has been drinking every night even if she had a schedule on the upcoming morning and Hwasa will become her babysitter. Solar hasn’t been handling herself well but she remains professional when it comes to her work and Hwasa has been thanking all the gods she knew for that.

After few more takes, the director got what he wanted and Solar delivered is so well. The staffs and crews clapped for the successful shoot, Solar claps her hand while bowing in different directions to thank them too. Just a final editing and Solar’s face will be shown on different locations and will be the new face of that brand.

Solar sighed out of tiredness and it’s been two weeks, it has been two ing weeks without Moonbyul. No matter how she worked day and night, tiring herself even but unfortunately her mind will still find to think about Moonbyul at the end of the day.

“Nice work.” Hwasa praised, closing her laptop and throwing the now empty cup of coffee in the bin. She walks towards Solar, who is now making her way to reach the dressing room. They both walk side by side to the room with Hwasa checking her phone for any e-mails.

“Do I still have any schedules today?” Solar asked as she changes her clothes for some comfortable clothing, her stylist helped her to put on her denim jacket and she said thanks afterwards. The stylist was shocked because this is the first time the idol thanked her, the hiatus of the celebrity made her a little bit nice.

“Nope, you can have your rest my little devil.” Hwasa sighed because finally she too can sleep.

Solar looked at her stylist, “You can have your date with your boyfriend.” She commanded innocently, startling again the stylist. Is this really the Solar she knew? Or it’s just the world ending? But who cares, she can have a date with her boyfriend now. The goddamn hiatus really did change her. And with a bow and small talk and goodbye, the stylist went off.

The idol huffed and plopped herself on the fluffy white couch, “I’m tired.”

“Hyuna messaged me, she said there’s this house party we could go to tonight.” Hwasa muttered, scrolling through her phone.

“Pass.”

“You sure?” Hwasa asked but regretting it right away, and she’s praying that Solar’s really gonna pass because she can’t handle any hangover Solar anymore.

Solar paused, “But you know what—“

“No Solar. You’ll go home and rest. You have recording tomorrow. Rest your voice.”

“Yup! Tell Hyuna we’ll tag along!”

Hwasa rolled her eyes so much she could see the back of her brain and her haters at the back, “Holy mother of holy heavens, here we go. Again.”

--

Once Solar and Hwasa entered the party, loud house music blasted on their ears. DJ’s playing something on the background and people was just everywhere. Some are drinking on the bar, some are just lying on the couch and talking with drinks on their hand probably talking about things that might happen tonight but some are really into their dancing.

“You made it!”Hyuna nearly shouted and hugged both Solar and Hwasa who returned the hug tenderly.

“I’ve missed you!” Solar exclaimed as they sit on the black leathered couch that’s been filled with some celebs and friends of theirs. Sooyoung and Yuri, the models waved happily to her too. Hwasa was talking to them now as she gulped some cocktails and Solar looks at her manager with disbelief.

“You’ve been missing a lot Solar!” Ok Taecyeon said, his arm hook around some chic that he grabbed in some of the random alley again in Korea and it made Solar looked at him in disgust. The pretty boy Nickhun just chuckled at this and offered her some drinks.

“Don’t mind him Solar, you know him.” Nickhun handed the glass to her and some napkins too.

“Yeah. Playboy being playboy.” Solar commented as she took a sip from her drink, “God, this burns.”

“That’s how you like it.” Nickhun winks but Solar just looked away, she knew what the boy has been up to and she nudged Hwasa. The manager caught this and she glared at the pretty boy, the guy held his hands up, retreating.

Hyuna was dancing now with somebody, pretty tipsy. While Solar and Hwasa was now at the bar, drinking some light drink on which Hwasa has insisted. Because all hell will break loose once Solar will be drunk tonight.

“I miss her…” Solar mumbled against the rim of her glass. Hwasa just sighed, looking at her friend.

“I want to see her,” Solar then gulped all the liquor, she looked at the now empty glass on her hand, “God, I want to kiss her too. It’s been two weeks, two damn weeks and I don’t know how to keep this up. I’m going crazy.” She slurred.

“You know what’s best for now? Let’s go home. You’ve had too many.” Hwasa grabbed the glass from Solar’s hand before the girl would throw it on the bartender’s face and it’s a threat to the girl’s image. And Solar agreed and Hwasa said ‘hallelujah’ for she’s not going to drag the girl out. And that’s because Solar’s eyes felt so heavy right now, she can feel her head slightly dizzy. She staggered when she stood up but Hwasa was quick to hold on to her.

“ you’re heavy.” Hwasa mumbled, finding her balance. But a figure suddenly helps her to carry the now almost asleep and almost drunk girl.

“I got you.” A deep voice that sounded so familiar to Hwasa said. She widened her eyes just to make sure she’s not hallucinating, yeah she’s had a drink but she’s not that tipsy.

“Moonbyul?!” Hwasa half shouted in surprise, but the girl made a shushing act and that made her shut up. She looked at Solar, her eyes are still closed and she bet she doesn’t know what’s happening right now. Moonbyul then put her arm around Solar’s waist and the other was on the idol’s arm. Solar’s head was on the taller girl’s shoulder, bobbing from front to back but Moonbyul was holding it close once in awhile.

“Hwasa, hi,” Moonbyul smiled, “Come on, let’s walk her to your car.”

Hwasa just nodded, unable still to process that Moonbyul was here. After much struggle and goodbyes to their friends, they finally reached Hwasa’s car and the manager was so careful that Solar’s face was covered just in case some s will try to take her picture. And Moonbyul was a great help, Solar’s face was on the crook of her neck the whole time putting a protective arm around the idol.

“Get her inside.” Hwasa commanded quickly, opening the car door. Moonbyul carefully put herself and Solar inside the backseat of the car. Once they’re comfortably in, Hwasa shut the door and went fast on the driver seat.

Solar’s head was still so close to Moonbyul’s face and the latter smiled, she missed this face so much. Hwasa watched how Moonbyul still admired Solar’s existence even though there’s so much trouble going on between them. She watched how Moonbyul caressed Solar’s cheek, getting out some stray hair out of the idol’s face and how her hand wrapped around Solar’s waist.

“So you’re here.” Hwasa exclaimed as she started to drive towards her apartment’s direction, there’s no way Solar will go home in that state. Her father will kill her.

 “Yes, Hwasa. I am here.” Moonbyul chuckled, looking at Hwasa through the rearview mirror.

“How did you know where we are?”

“Somebody saw and told me you two went out to party, I got worried and I went here immediately.”

Moonbyul looked at the sleeping Solar, pulling her closer to her. Hwasa smiled and she just kept her eyes straight on the road and not minding how Moonbyul kissed Solar’s forehead. Hwasa has so many questions inside her head about Moonbyul but she thinks it could wait and let the two have their own time right now.

--

“Just lay her down on my bed,” Hwasa instructed as Moonbyul was laying the asleep slash drunken girl on the comfy mattress, the manager was there to assist the other girl. Moonbyul was as careful as if Solar’s gonna break and after awhile, they successfully laid the girl down.

“So, you want to stay the night here? You two could take my bed, I’ll just be on the living room.” Hwasa offered nicely, grabbing some fresh clothes on the drawer. And she knew Moonbyul couldn’t say no to that offer, she knew how she missed Solar too. The manager didn’t wait for Moonbyul to answer and she just walked outside her own bedroom, Hwasa can be an angel in disguise sometimes. And Solar owes her big ing time.

Moonbyul held Solar’s hand and interlaced their fingers together, she kissed the back of the other girl’s hand, “Yongsun…” she whispered, her lips still lingering on the idol’s skin.

“I have missed you…did you miss me too?” She asked the asleep girl even though she knows she wouldn’t bother to answer her question. Moonbyul leaned down slowly until she’s mere inches away from the girl’s lips and then smiled, “My pretty fool. You’re so difficult but I keep on coming back to you,” she sighed, “The things I would do for you, Yongsun.”

And with that Moonbyul kissed Solar’s lips, letting it linger for seconds before she pulled away. She observed the girl for any reaction but all she got was a soft snore, she laughed lightly. The girl was really into her deep sleep.

Moonbyul was going to say no to Hwasa earlier, that she can’t stay overnight. But emotions took over her and it’s hard to say no when Solar was infront of her. Maybe Moonbyul can just watch her Yongsun’s sleep and at dawn she could just go.

She understands Solar’s intentions and even though it hurts her there’s nothing she can do if that’s what the other girl really want. But damn, Moonbyul didn’t know that Solar isn’t doing any good without her. They both didn’t know that it was torture for both of them. Moonbyul laid beside Solar, she uses her hand as a leverage just to stare at the other girl’s beautiful face.

“I’m always here Yongsun. Always here, okay?”

 

-- 

A/N

I was listening to NCT U's 7th sense and that 'long ride' caught me HAHAHA! Thus Hwasa ended up saying it. 

So yeah, Moonbyul not letting Solar go! Hoorah! 

Are you all happy with the updates? ARE YOU HAPPY? Coz I want happy MoonSun.

As you can see Solar's having a push and pull in this chap and I think that's where the frustration will come from. 

I'm trying to stir the drama on their own problems, on how to deal this kind of relationship (which is harder than they thought) rather than having a third party? But! I think we'll see more of jealous Solar on the next chaps!

Tell me what you think!

As always, thank you guys for reading this story. I'm touched, always!

See yowww!