Dodici

Finalmente

“What are you doing here?” Moonbyul narrowed her eyes, scrutinizing every part of the unexpected visitor’s face.

Krystal rolled her eyes and sighed as if she’s tired of how Moonbyul was treating her right now, well she couldn’t blame the girl. They had a rough past together but she bet Moonbyul was still lingering on their memories and hopes it’s the good ones.

“Byul, this is where I grew up. My relatives are here and… can’t I visit you anymore?” Krystal scoffs, pushing the other girl aside. She finds Umji seated on the couch, looking at her. “Well, hello there Umji-ah. You missed Krysta-unnie?” She said sweetly to the girl, ruffling her hair in the process. The little girl gave her a toothy grin which made Krystal giggle.

“Umji missed you too unnie! But you’ve been gone for too long.” Umji sighed, sadly.

Krystal bear hugged the little kid, kissing the top of head too, “I’m sorry, job has keeping me up. But listen to me, we will play again because unnie’s here!” She tickled Umji which made the little one giggled.

Moonbyul watched this scene and can’t help but to have a flashback and can’t help but to think the ‘could’ve beens’ if Krystal didn’t left her. But she shook her head as if trying to get that out of her head, she shouldn’t think that way now, she can’t.

“Umji, it’s getting late. Go to your room, Krystal-unnie and I will have to talk.” Moonbyul’s voice turned cold, Krystal noticed this and stared at the girl with such seriousness but smiled when she looked at Umji and not forgetting to give the little kid a goodnight kiss. Being an obedient kid, Umji hugged Moonbyul which the latter returned and kissed her cheeks.

Once Umji has gone to her room, Krystal’s face turned stone-cold but Moonbyul didn’t budge at this.

“Now tell me what are you doing here?” Crossing her arms across her chest, raising her brow.

“Acting cool doesn’t suit you Byul.” Krystal teased, smirking. Moonbyul was going to retort but Krystal took out something in her bag, it’s a blue-colored enveloped. She walked towards Moonbyul, slapping the envelope on the blonde-haired girl’s chest, “Your mother told me to give this to you.”

Moonbyul caught the envelope while not breaking her eye contact with the intimidating girl but she doesn’t know that Krystal is enjoying her stare, “So you went all the way here just to give this stupid looking envelope?”Moonbyul waved it in front of the other girl.

“If you just picked up my calls, I wouldn’t be here.”

“Oh please. You could’ve text or email me.”

Of course Krystal knew she could have just texted the girl, but she needs this excuse to see Moonbyul too. Krystal wouldn’t admit this to the girl, but okay, she missed her. She looked away, unable anymore to hold their staring battleor else this could go out of her control and just do her heart’s desire which is to kiss the lips she missed so much.

“But your mother was too persistent. She needed you to get this message. It’s an invitation for her birthday, you need to go.” Krystal said quietly that it made Moonbyul’s fixed look on her softens.

“You know that I will not go no matter what, right?” Moonbyul while settling the invitation inside of one of her drawers, she needed some distance between her and Krystal. “And does Whee In know you’re here?”

“She doesn’t and that’s why I’m planning to sleep here. Don’t want to bother her parents.” Krystal exclaimed casually, Moonbyul’s eyes widen in surprised as she immediately snapped her head towards the now smirking girl. Krystal shrugged as she went straight towards Moonbyul’s room.

“Krystal, you aren’t going to stay here!” Moonbyul half yelled as she follows Krystal who’s now rummaging her dresser, “I’m calling Whee In.” the girl threatened, pointing a finger to Krystal.

The cat-eyed liked girl only shrugged for she knows Moonbyul wouldn’t do it, she knows the girl too much. Once she grabbed some white oversized shirt from Moonbyul’s dresser, she immediately took off her own shirt and ready to put on Moonbyul’s tees. The boldness from Krystal’s actions made Moonbyul to turn around so that she couldn’t see anything on what’s going on underneath Krystal’s clothes. She just strips in front of Moonbyul and it made the latter blush.

Krystal smirked, “Acting so shy Byul-ah. It’s not like you didn’t see it before. Matter-of-fact, you quite enjoy seeing it the last time right?” Krystal, now fully dressed with only on Moonbyul’s shirt, walked infront of the blushing girl but only to find a glare from her. Krystal caressed Moonbyul’s flushed cheek, “You dyed your hair.” She commented, as she brushed away some stray hair on the other girl’s face.

Moonbyul with all her saneness, grabbed Krystal’s hand that’s been on her the whole time and her breath shakes, “Krystal, stop this. We already broke up and we already moved on.”

“Moved on? Who the hell told you that I’ve already moved on huh?”

“You left Krystal and we haven’t talked in awhile. And hell, we haven’t had closure about this relationship!” Moonbyul took a step back, letting go of Krystal’s hand. Krystal was surprised with Moonbyul’s actions and words, she expected the girl to lean in on her touch and reciprocate it even but this isn’t Moonbyul she knew anymore.

“And I have a girlfriend, Soojung.”Moonbyul looked straight into Krystal’s eyes, saying it so sternly so that the other girl will truly understand what she is saying right now.

Krystal frowned and took a deep breath, words of Moonbyul keeps on repeating inside her head. Did she miss something while she’s not right beside Moonbyul? Goddammit yes, she DID miss a lot. She didn’t expect this. This caught her off guard.

She sneered at Moonbyul, “Oh please, you aren’t serious about her.”

Moonbyul shakes her head, finding it useless to even explain this to Krystal, “I’m calling Whee In, wait here.” As she was about to leave, Krystal grabbed her wrist making her to face the girl.

“Does your mom know about her? You know your mother Moonbyul. She’ll be in rage once she knows about this relationship of yours!”

But Moonbyul didn’t want to listen anymore. Yes, she knows her mom and Krystal don’t need to repeat it anymore for her. It’s Moonbyul’s life and her mother’s opinion doesn’t even matter anymore to her. She learned how to handle situations in her life without her mother and she just wished her mother will not meddle between her and Solar. Moonbyul got off from Krystal’s grasp and made way out of her bedroom.

“I’m talking to you Moonbyul, don’t turn your back on me!” Krystal hissed still following the not listening Moonbyul but it came to a halt when she saw the latter standing there, frozen. She looked at the direction where Moonbyul’s eyes are fixed on and there she saw Solar. She was surprised to see the idol in this town or even more in Moonbyul’s own house, she narrowed her eyes.

“Solar?” She questioned, still not believing her eyes.

 “Krystal.” Solar acknowledged the girl but her voice was so unemotional that it scared Moonbyul. Solar roamed her eyes between the two, Krystal who is so underdressed with Moonbyul’s shirt – which made her furious inside – and Moonbyul who looks so frozen and couldn’t even stir in her spot. So this is what Moonbyul and Krystal has been doing all along, of course Solar knew something has happened between the two of them before. And it made her realize how Moonbyul was trying to avoid a topic when it comes to Krystal. Krystal was first with Moonbyul.

“You looked so comfortable in Moonbyul’s clothes.” She continued with the voice that could drop a snowstorm anytime soon.

Moonbyul on the other hand is still thinking how much Solar has heard between her and Krystal, and she just hopes the idol heard the important things she said to Krystal not the bull that came out from the latter’s mouth.

“Yongsun—“ Moonbyul was cut off. But it didn’t go unnoticed for Krystal how Moonbyul’s voice turned so gentle using the real name of Solar and she’s not some to not know that Solar was the girl Moonbyul’s has been talking about. She IS the girlfriend.

“Don’t talk Moonbyul.” Solar’s eyes turned her attention to the girl, her eyes glaring. Then her eyes turned to Krystal, “I’m sorry I interrupted your little interaction but I was about to leave. I’m just going to tell Moonbyul that I’m leaving Bucheon this Monday. But I guess she’ll not be lonely anymore because you are here now.” Solar delivered in a monotonous tone but scowling at Krystal. Moonbyul’s eyes turned wide once she heard that Solar’s leaving on Monday. And it can’t be, she still have few weeks with her.

“No.” Moonbyul breathed, her chest rising unevenly.

Solar said her goodbye, running slightly to open the door. She couldn’t stand it anymore, the sight before her was heart shattering. And she sprinted away from the house, her tears rolling down again. And damn, just how many times would she cry for this. Saying goodbye to Moonbyul was hard enough and then she saw them together, she feels like forsaken.

She got inside Moonbyul’s house once she knew that her door wasn’t locked. And she saw how Krystal caressed Moonbyul’s face earlier when she peeked inside the bedroom, she saw a little but she heard all of it. Moonbyul didn’t see how Krystal’s soft eyes gazed at her but Solar knew that the girl was and still is in love with her girl, because that is how she looks at Moonbyul.

 Solar looked behind her but no Moonbyul to come and chase her, she sort of expected that girl will do that because that’s how she knows Moonbyul.

“Stupid Moon Byul Yi. You’re so ing dull-witted.” Solar sobbed, wiping her eyes with her forearm. Pouting then she cried some more, as if like a kid. The more she sobbed the faster she runs until she reached her gate with a worried looking Hwasa waiting for her. Once she saw her bestfriend, she’s done and she broke down.

“She’s so stupid Hwasa.” She tried to say, “She can’t even push her ex away from her!” Her sobbing isn’t stopping.

Hwasa was catching the drift of what has happened but she gathered Solar together anyway, not saying anything because to be honest she doesn’t even know what to say. She just rubbed her back to at least comfort the girl or at least what she thinks could comfort her friend. They moved to get in the house but they heard shuffling behind. Hwasa was quick to look behind and she saw a slightly panting Moonbyul in the view with eyes so worried and sad.

Solar saw Moonbyul in an instant but she casted her eyes down, “Let’s just get inside Hwasa, I need to pack.” She wipes her tears as if hiding it from Moonbyul. But it’s not going to work, Moonbyul already saw it even before she could cry and she just wanted to curse herself for causing that. Hwasa nodded and they didn’t waste a second to get inside. 

 “Yongsun can we talk please?” Moonbyul begged as she catches her breath. Trying to get a hold of Solar but the latter just swatted her hand away and it hurt Moonbyul’s feelings. She doesn’t want to feel this kind of emotions, especially when it’s coming from her Yongsun.

Once they are inside the house, Solar strides towards her room with Hwasa blocking Moonbyul by the main door. Moonbyul was begging Hwasa, almost on her knees just to talk to Solar.

“Moonbyul, just go home for now.” Hwasa said, pushing Moonbyul lightly.

“No Hwasa, we need to talk and it’s now.” The girl insisted, trying to get pass to Hwasa, “Please…I just need to talk to her. She’s leaving and I’m trying…” Moonbyul held her head together with her hands, “I’m trying not to lose her.”

Hwasa saw how devastated Moonbyul is right now and with no struggling, she let the girl in. And damn, she’s not paid for this kind of job but she’s doing this to her friend, Solar, who is honestly in love with Moonbyul.

“When two dim-witted collide, there’s so much trouble,” Hwasa sighed, “I’ll just be single for life and hug my Jack Daniel’s.”

--

 Moonbyul watch the tear-stained face of Solar as the latter was quietly packing her stuffs. They both fell silent, both doesn’t know what to say. Sick of this silence, Moonbyul walked towards Solar and tried to hold her hand. With no resistance met, Moonbyul held her hand tightly while the other was cupping Solar’s face to make her look at her, successfully.

“What?” Solar tiredly asked, not meeting Moonbyul’s eyes.

“I’m going to ask you not to leave but I’m asking for too much right?”

Solar scoffs, releasing herself from the other’s hold, “Krystal will keep you company, she fits your shirt by the way. Is that how you two act when you’re together? So sweet.” She spits so bitterly that Moonbyul can’t help but winced. She continued her packing, ignoring Moonbyul’s presence once again.

“Krystal, Whee In and I grew up together. And yes, she’s my ex. An EX, Yongsun.”

“And I told you that I get jealous so easily! And yet you’re there flirting with her!” Solar was now yelling, pointing an accusatory finger, jabbing on Moonbyul’s chest. “With your EX.”

“Flirting.” Moonbyul said in disbelief, chuckling bitterly. “I wasn’t flirting with her, I didn’t even initiate any contacts with her. And hell, she could wear all my clothes but I will still choose you over her and maybe even in the alternate universe I would still be choosing you!”

Moonbyul sighed loudly, sitting herself on the edge of Solar’s  bed and holding her head between her hands. Seeing Moonbyul in this situation made Solar’s chest tighten, that feeling when you saw something hurtful and that’s making you feel hurt on the inside too? Yeah, that’s it.

“I’m going back to Seoul.” Solar just said short with a quivering breath, “And I honestly don’t know how to keep up with this relationship when things get pretty rough between us. Real life’s going to happen once I’m back there. Eyes are on me, eyeing my every move, every mistake that I will make and you.”

“You’re scared.” Moonbyul looked at her expectantly.

“Of course I am Moonbyul! I’m scared for the both of us!” Solar took a paused, before looking down. “Maybe it wasn’t just us two Moonbyul—“  

“Stop, because this sound like we’re breaking up.”

Solar breathes hitch as she tried to contain her threatening sobs, “I…” she couldn’t even finish her sentence, this hurts more even than expected. Solar might be so strong in the exterior but deep inside she’s so weak that even her is angry at herself right now. Is she being fare right now to Moonbyul? Or maybe she’s just doing the right thing between them or maybe the very wrong thing. But Hwasa’s words are in the back of her mind. Solar’s breaking her own ing heart before anyone could.

Moonbyul nodded, as if she understands everything going on about them, but no she doesn’t and she refuses to understand. She stood up, looking straightly to Solar.

“Am I that easy to give up?” Moonbyul questioned so sadly that it made Solar’s tears finally let go. And without waiting for the older’s reply, she walks out from the room with a heavy heart not daring to look back to the now crying girl.

Solar’s knees gave in as she sat on her floor, her back hitting the edge of her bed with nearly unpacked things surrounding her as she hugged her knees close to her. She cried to her heart’s content, clutching her chest where her heart is so tightly. Did they just rush things between them? Or maybe they just spoke their 'I love you's' too soon that they didn't even think about the consequences. They're both fools. 

But you’re the fool, Yongsun. Not her.

 

--

 

A/N

Okay!

I was listening to Brandi Carlile's Hearts Content and Moonbyul-Solar's scene was connected somehow to the lyrics! (Go give it a listen while re-reading this haha!) 

And yeah, a little MoonSun drama. Heh. 

And you see, Moonbyul's mother has a great role to play in. Together with Krystal in breaking MoonSun apart. 

Drama doesn't end. (But i'm still a fluff lowkey, don't worry) 

Of course! Thank you for all of your comments, subscribes and upvotes! Woo-hoo!

Muah!