Venticinque

Finalmente

Moonbyul held the laughing little girl in her arms, tightly, so that the tiny girl would not fall because she’s moving too much in her embrace. Umji pokes her unnie’s face with her finger while Moonbyul tickles her side, the girl giggled in response.

“I’ve missed you so much, my little rascal.” Moonbyul said, placing Umji down on her carpeted floor, letting the girl sits on it. Moonbyul follows, sitting beside her, their backs on the edge of the couch. She ruffles Umji’s hair and the girl soon leans her head on Moonbyul’s chest. The blonde-haired girl smiles at the sweet gesture of the child causing her to kiss the top of her head. “How’s school, Umji?”

“It’s fine, unnie. And I’ve made it to the top five best students in our school!” Umji proudly said, looking up with her cute little grin on her face.

“You really did inherit my smartness, good job little one.” Moonbyul then hugs the girl tightly again, as if crushing the little kid and Umji had to push her unnie a bit for space. After that crushing hug, “Say, what do you want as a reward?”

“Really, unnie? You will grant anything that I wish?” Umji said as Moonbyul settles her on her lap.

“Yes. Anything for you, my little Einstein.” Moonbyul beams, kissing Umji’s forehead. “What is it?”

Umji rests her head on Moonbyul’s shoulder, the older girl frowns for a bit before lowering her head to take a look on the little girl. Umji’s sudden silence makes her curious.

“Grandma,” She heard the girl say, “I want her to stay healthy.”

Moonbyul tried to smile for awhile before giving Umji a serious face, “But grandma is in good health, right? She maybe old, but she’s still kicking our butts, remember?”

Umji nodded, head rubbing against Moonbyul’s shoulder and in her little voice, she said, “I hope she could stay forever with us. I feel happy when she’s around.”

In Umji’s age, she still can’t understand what’s life and death and Moonbyul knows this, her grandma couldn’t stay forever with them, physically. Moonbyul rubs Umji’s arm, her cheek resting on the girl’s head. “I am too, little girl.”

Umji hums as a response. “Then can I just have a little sister, pretty please?”

Moonbyul had to cough in surprised, she almost had a heart attack right then and there. Umji really knows how to shock people by her words, without her knowing. But honestly, that made Moonbyul flustered. “That’s my wish, unnie.” Umji whined and looked at her with those innocent eyes of her.

“Whoa, Umji. Hold it right there. I know you are smart and all, but really, we are moving so fast.” Moonbyul held Umji’s shoulders, making the little girl to look at her directly.

Umji tilts her head innocently and Moonbyul chuckles but her face is still in surprised state. “Oh Umji, what do I do with you?” She mumbled, pinching the girl’s cheek lightly. “Is that really your wish?”

Umji smiles brightly, nodding her head in excitement.

“But that would take a while okay?”

Moonbyul pats Umji’s head but the girl immediately wraps her arms around Moonbyul’s neck with her cute little giggles.

But the bonding moment between them was interrupted when there’s a knock on Moonbyul’s door. They both looked at each other and then to the door, Moonbyul settles Umji down on the couch and before she answers the door she give Umji’s hair as little ruffle.

“Maybe that’s Yongsun-unnie with your favorite pizza.” Moonbyul stated and Umji’s eyes immediately light up.

Moonbyul opens her door and her smile drops when she saw her mother, standing right in front of her and staring directly to her. Umji covers her face with a pillow and hides herself more on the couch as if she could hide and disappear in that moment, the girl doesn’t like Moonbyul’s mother too. She’s scared of her and she once blurted out to her grandma that she looks like a scarecrow on the field but grandma just laughed at her.

Moonbyul glances at Umji then to her mom, hesitant if she will hold the door open for her or the other way around. But in the end she chooses to open her door more and let her mom goes in. Her mother’s face is emotionless as ever and her eyes darts to the girl that’s hiding her face with a pillow.

“Mom.” Moonbyul acknowledged her as she was walking inside, “What are you doing here?”

“Is that Umji?” She asked with her voice low, heels clicking on the marbled floor towards the little girl cowering on the edge of the couch.

“Mom, don’t.” Moonbyul warned, her footsteps fast to reach Umji but her mother was already in front of the girl. She tried to squeeze herself in between them but she just ended up on her mother’s back and her frown appeared when she saw her mom kneeling before Umji. Her mom was never good with kids and she experienced it first hand, what more with others. Moonbyul looks at Umji, peaking through the pillow she used to cover her face and what amazes her was that her mom was looking at Umji, just looking at her. And she wonders what was running through her mom’s mind.

“You’re just five the last time I saw you.” Hwayoung said. Moonbyul moves to her mom’s side but gives enough space for her to see her face, she can’t seem to remember the last time her mom talked to Umji or did she even talk to her? All her mother knows was grandma adopted Umji when the little girl was abandoned by her good-with-nothing parents. “You’re a big girl now, how old are you now?”

Umji remembered grandma telling her to look straight in the eyes when someone’s talking to her and so she does, lowering the pillow just to look at the lady in front of her, “I’m eight years old.” Her voice sounded like a kid that she is, but cracking at the end of it maybe because she’s feeling nervous. Hwayoung lifts her arm and her hand starts to caress Umji’s cheek, the girl just kept her still but a small hitch of a breathe was heard and it made Moonbyul to almost swat her mother’s hand away.

“Grandma took care of you so well.” Her mother said, almost smiling at the thought. Umji stares at Hwayoung’s eyes, blinking innocently. And Moonbyul didn’t quite understand when Umji leans more on the touch her mother is giving her and Hwayoung gasps when Umji suddenly held the back of her hand.

“You’re sad.” Umji blurted, slowly. Using her little thumb, she the back of Hwayoung’s hand and the lady find it so comforting that the simple touch made her sob. Tears suddenly fell from her eyes, the eyes that still locked on Umji’s. Moonbyul widens her eyes for a bit, surprised at the emotions her mother was giving out. The little girl then uses her other hand to wipe the lady’s tears, it’s a sloppy wiping with her little hand and it just earns a chuckle from Hwayoung. “Don’t cry. Grandma said she never want you crying.”

Hwayoung, with her free hand wipes her tears too, “She said that?” And suddenly her mind went back again to the conversation she had with her mother, she can’t help but to remember too what her mother’s suffering now. Tears are now again pooling in her eyes.

Umji nodded. And that’s it, Hwayoung’s restrained smile finally showed up as she was nodding, “Okay…okay.”

Moonbyul then held her mom by her shoulders and helps her to sit on the couch, just beside Umji. Her mom mumbled a ‘sorry’ and wipes her tears using the back of her hand. Moonbyul is still silent throughout this, trying to give her mother time to compose herself. Her mother’s sniffing and sobs toned down, Moonbyul and Umji shared a look and the former sighed while the little kid looks at Hwayoung again.

“Can I talk to you, Byul?” Her mother requested, standing again to meet Moonbyul’s eye level. She smoothes her skirt, pulling the hem of her top and tries to be the ‘unbreakable’ Hwayoung again but Moonbyul isn’t falling for that now, not after what she had witnessed earlier. She knows her mother is still sad, and what was the reason behind it got feeling Moonbyul so nervous and she knows it’s a hard blow. Moonbyul nodded anyway.

“Umji, just play here okay? We’ll be in the kitchen.” Moonbyul instructed, patting Umji’s head. Umji just looked at them, hugging now the stuff bear that she got on the floor and for the last time Moonbyul smiled at her.

As they reached the kitchen, Moonbyul then prepares a coffee for her mother. Hwayoung watched Moonbyul’s back while she was seated, she catches herself smiling but it soon faded when Moonbyul was already finished making the coffee and is on her way to give it to her. The blonde girl places the cup in front of her mom, the aroma of the coffee calms the lady.

“What’s wrong?” Moonbyul asked while she sits on the opposite side, arms resting on top of the table. Her mother sips the warm coffee, putting it back down just like the position of the cup earlier, eyes looking at the dancing smoke emitting from the cup.

Hwayoung smiled, shaking her head but eyes are still on the cup, “Where’s Yongsun?”

Moonbyul leans herself on the backrest of the chair, she clears before speaking, “She’s in her company but she’ll be here in a while. Look mom,” she paused, observing her mom, “I know that Yongsun couldn’t make it last time, but I know too that she’ll give up everything that time to be with us. I understand that you gave us a chance—“

“Byul.”

Moonbyul immediately stop when her mom called out her name, slightly apart.

“Yongsun’s a nice woman.” Her mother stated, eyes now looking directly at Moonbyul, and pang of guilt suddenly hits her. And she knows Solar has done nothing wrong that night. “And I’m sorry that I saw all the wrong things.”

That last sentence came out like a whisper, almost said in low pitch that it made the words more sincere.

“Why are you saying this now?” Moonbyul had to ask this, there may be some kind of reason why this drastic change of heart of her mom is happening.

Hwayoung wants to say what really is on her mind right now, how her mother’s words made her realize that it’s not too late to take things lightly and just enjoy the life that she had with her daughters. Try to let her daughters live their own lives. But she can’t, for she knew apart of saying that, she could say the prognosis of her mother’s illness. And Grandma Moon wouldn’t want that.

“I’m sorry that I’m too late to realize that, and I’m too late to see that you are really happy with her.”  She tried to laugh that out but it only made her voice crack, “I’m sorry, Byul. I’m sorry that I made you suffer for all these years, I’m the one who failed you.” And her head lowers down and using her hand, she muffled her sobs. “And I understand if you can’t forgive me, I understand.”

And it’s so sad that she only realizes it when she knew her mother’s dying. Everything is just so unfair or, was she the one who made everything so unfair around her? Maybe she did. Reap what you sow, is that it?

 Moonbyul looks away, blinking her tears away because even though how much you think you hate your mom but when she cries, you feel hurt too. She reached out to her mom’s hand on the table, held it tight and brought it to her lips just to kiss it gently.

“I already did even though you’re not asking for it.” Moonbyul said, trying not to fall any tears. She swallows a lump on , “I already did, mom. Don’t hurt yourself now.” Moonbyul, as a good soul, really did forgive her mother. Did she ever hate her mother? Yes. But can she forgive? And the answer is still, yes.

 But that made her mom sobs violently. Hwayoung looks at Moonbyul with her tear-stained face, she brought her hand to cup her daughter’s cheek, “I just did horrible things to you and Yongsun…but here you are, saying those things to me. What did I do to deserve a daughter like you?”

Moonbyul let out a soft laugh, “You’re my mom and you deserve me.”

Hwayoung sobs, touched by her daughters words, “I’m sorry…mom wasn’t good to you.”

Her daughter looks down, wiping immediately the falling tears. Moonbyul would cry like this, looks down and wipes her tears, so that no one could see her crying but people around will notice. And Hwayoung pats Moonbyul head, a gesture she had never done in so many years, and Moonbyul craves it for all those years. Just a loving and genuine touch from a mother.

--

Moonbyul held Solar’s hand, interlacing their fingers as they’re having a late night stroll in a miraculously not crowded Han River. Solar has been bugging Moonbyul to do a date on this spot, on this place and with a little pleading and lots of kisses as a form of bribe, Moonbyul finally said yes.

Solar adjusted Moonbyul’s scarf, smiling so widely while doing it. And that made the other girl happy. Moonbyul pulls Solar closer to herself, stealing a kiss on the latter’s cheek and that made Solar giggle like a teenage girl on her first date.

“Did your mom really say that?”

“Say what?”

“That I’m a nice woman.”

Moonbyul snorted earning a glare from her girlfriend, “Yeah, yeah. She said that, your majesty.”

And Solar again grins so wide, that you could almost count her teeth. Moonbyul looks at her girlfriend, observing her and her heart is jumping again in pure happiness. She could memorize Solar’s young elated face right now and forever embed it on her mind that even when she’s on her deathbed she could vividly see Solar.

“I’m so happy right now, Byul.” Solar then said suddenly, head resting on Moonbyul’s shoulder while hooking her arm tightly on the girl beside her. Moonbyul squeezed the hand she’s holding. “Just simple words from your mom really mean a lot to me.”

Moonbyul hums, eyes looking up just to see stars shining brightly above them and moon glorious glows giving the night the light it needed. And she feels like this is the most calming day of her life, no worries floating in her air, just her and Yongsun…together. That’s all that matters to her right now.

“What are you thinking?” Solar questioned, poking the girl’s cheek.

Moonbyul halts, causing Solar to give her questioning eyes, “I actually wanted to tell you something.”

Solar’s eyes went wide as Moonbyul took her hands, she looks around the area and only saw a couple sitting by the bench and an old man just standing by the railing, perks of having a late night date. Her eyes landed again on Moonbyul, looking so anxious. Is this what she really thinks it is?!

“Byul, I love you more than anything else in this world but aren’t we moving so fast with…marriage?” She said in the most calming way, her voice trying not to break Moonbyul as cautious as she was. But Moonbyul just frowned, eyes giving Solar a look.

“What?”

“Uh…with that serious face you’re having, holding my hands like this,” Solar shook their joined hands, “This magnificent and romantic place,” She looks around and Moonbyul too, “You’re planning to pop the question, right?” Solar said slowly, biting a bit of her lower lip. 

“Oh,” Moonbyul muttered but after that Solar could hear the girl laughing, head tilting back as she laughs, “Did you really think I’m going to propose?” She said, holding her laughs but nose scrunching up and Solar knew her girlfriend found this so amusing.

Solar’s face turned cold, she forcefully lets go of Moonbyul’s hands and pushes the girl by her shoulder, “So, you’re not going to do it?!”

“What? I’m not, Yongsun. Why are you mad again? I thought you’re relieved because you’re the one who said you’re not yet ready for marriage.” Moonbyul is still, holding her laughter as she said that.

Solar sulks, arms crossed across her chest and her eyes glaring at Moonbyul. “I know! But half of me still want you to do that.” She groaned, somehow relieve but somehow…yeah, she really wants Moonbyul to do that proposal.

“But I really need to tell something. This is serious, okay?”

“You’re dying?” Solar asked but her face emotionless and that made the other girl snorted but soon chuckled. Solar then pouts, pushing Moonbyul again then started to walk away from the girl.

Moonbyul sighed, shaking her head a little. She catches up with the girl ahead of her, “You don’t wanna hear what I have to say?” Moonbyul said on Solar’s back but the girl didn’t stop and just go on with her steps. “So, you don’t want to hear me asking you to move in with me?”

Solar immediately turns herself around causing Moonbyul to almost clash on her but being good with her reflex, Moonbyul didn’t let that happen as she took a step back as soon as Solar halted.

“Can you repeat that?”

“I’m asking you to move in with me. I’ve talked to your dad about this and can you believe he miraculously said yes? He really must like me for you. ” Moonbyul said proudly, sending a wink to Solar.

“You really did that?”

“I just did, Yongsun. And I really think I just got a go signal too from my mother because after that conversation between us, she really wants to see you.”

Solar then squealed as she launched herself to Moonbyul for a hug but the other girl feels like her girlfriend is trying to choke her to death, but in a nice way. She heard Solar’s soft laughs ringing in her ears and it’s the sound she’d want to hear every day of her waking hours.

“But your father got one condition though.” Moonbyul held Solar by the waist and Solar did too.

“What? Don’t tell me he said that he won’t allow ?”

“No,” Moonbyul chortles, “Gosh, if he said that I won’t bother asking you to move in with me.”

“Amen. Then, what is it?”

They started to walk with Moonbyul’s face is still smiling while Solar got all confused.

“He will come visit us, once a week. Just to check up on you, making sure that I’m not abusing you or turning you into a slave.”

“Oh, that’s good. And you, Miss Moon, you better not do that.”

Moonbyul had to snort at that, rolling her eyes, “If I’m getting my facts right, you’re the one who’s been abusing me.” She muttered under her breath.

“Are you saying something?” Solar hits Moonbyul’s back. See what she means?

But with all her might, Moonbyul grins, “Nothing, love.”

“This is probably the most worriless day of my life, this day actually turns out okay.” Moonbyul continued, rubbing Solar’s arm then she kisses her girlfriend’s temple.

“Really? Not a tough day?”

“Not at all, love.”

Moonbyul then saw Solar’s smirk, “Oh okay, I just thought I might want to make love to you because you’re having a tough day. You know, just to relieve the stress your body is getting but since this is the most ‘worriless’ day of your life, let’s just go home and sleep right away.” Her girlfriend stated, casually.

Moonbyul sighed, her face looks like it’s been rained down with sadness, “Goodness, this day is the toughest one I ever have. I failed my exam, I think I’m going again for another year. I just saw a dog drowned and that’s not good for me that made me sad. And I just killed a man. Oh, this day is not good. Tough day, indeed.” Moonbyul acted, while Solar is biting the inside of her cheek just not to laugh loudly at Moonbyul’s scrunched up expression.

“Wow, that’s a tough day, love. Let me make it up to you, then.” Solar held Moonbyul’s side, her eyes battering seductively.

“Okay! Let’s go home.”

They both laugh their hearts out for their silliness with their crazy-in-love faces. Just two hearts sharing same love and happiness, where they could always say ‘I love you and will always be by your side’.  

And who ever thought Moonbyul could pull off a Formula 1 racer that can ace the European Grand Prix 2016 on that fateful night just to get them to her apartment. Probably not you.

--

Moonbyul is holding a box with stacks of vinyl records inside it while Solar, the girl beside her, is holding huge cheese bread and eating it. Solar once in awhile feeds Moonbyul and the latter would always take a big bite causing the other to kick Moonbyul’s leg because she’s taking too much of her food.

“This is the last one, right?” Moonbyul said, eyeing the box she’s been holding while they’re inside the elevator.

Solar nods her head, taking a bite on her bread and offering soda to Moonbyul which the girl gladly sips on the straw. “I think that’s all my stuff.” She smiled, pushing Moonbyul’s fringe away from her eyes. Moonbyul bobs her head and soon the elevator dings, indicating that they’ve reached Moonbyul’s floor.

“Grab the keys on my back pocket.” Moonbyul said, as they exit the car. Solar’s hand reaches for Moonbyul’s pocket, slipping it inside and she giggles as she gives her girlfriend’s a squeeze before fishing out the keys. “ert, Kim Yongsun.”

But Solar just shrug her shoulders with eyes acting innocently.

“Hey lovebirds!” Tiffany yelled across the floor with her baby in her arms and Taeyeon just beside her, smiling. Solar waves her hand happily, Moonbyul gives a nod and giving them a happy smile.

“I heard we got some new neighbor.” Taeyeon raises a brow, leaning to their apartment’s doorframe. Their daughter claps her hands, looking at the young couple in front of her and Solar waves to the baby then played some peek-a-boo.

“Yeah, this is Yongsun by the way.” Moonbyul said jokingly, making Tiffany and Taeyeon let out a laugh. Solar pokes Moonbyul side for teasing the girl again.

“Oh, I will cook something later for the two of you. Well, a little welcome gift for you, Yongsun.” Tiffany said, her eye-smile showing prettily.

“Thank you for that, you’ve been welcoming me enough even when I’m not officially your neighbor yet.” Moonbyul’s girlfriend stated as she pats Seohyun’s little head. Tiffany couldn’t help but notice how Solar is being playfully with the little Seohyunnie today and it made her smile.

“Do you want a baby, Yongsun?” Tiffany playfully asked, and it made the other shocked while Moonbyul was left giving signals to Taeyeon to shut her wife’s mouth, because in all honesty they can’t handle a talk where it involved a baby or a marriage, for now.

 “How about being a celeb? How are you two coping up with the issues flying around?” Taeyeon suddenly asked, making Moonbyul and Solar glanced at each other.

“I’m going to be on hiatus,” Solar was the first one to say, looking away from Moonbyul but smiling when her eyes are on Seohyun again who’s grabbing her fingers with her small hands. Moonbyul looks so lost, Solar didn’t tell her that. “Just to let the issue die down. I just finished my scheduled activities set before the issue came out and now that I’m done with them, I decided just to lay-low for awhile.”

“Oh.” That’s just Taeyeon’s word.

People are still onto them, people are still talking about them. Some good but mostly bad. That made Solar to decide to just climb down from the limelight and just to make time for herself and Moonbyul more. And sometimes, she needs to be a normal person and a lover.

This time, Taeyeon and Tiffany shared a look. Sensing the tension between the young couple, they decided to make a room for them and give them privacy.

Solar unlocks the door, both of them are silent when they went inside the apartment. Moonbyul puts down the box she’s holding on the table while Solar closes the door then walks to the corner just to put the keys in the key holder. Solar reaches to the box full of her vinyl records and scans through it but she can feel Moonbyul’s eyes on her.

“You didn’t tell me.”

Solar picks a record from the box, eyes avoiding Moonbyul.

“It’s not like I’m not going back, it’s just a rest for me. Plus, you don’t want me to become a full-time girlfriend?” Solar laughed, skimming through the classic records and still doesn’t have an idea which record she will be playing. Before she could even pick, she felt Moonbyul hug her from her back, arms snaking in her tiny waist and pulling her closer. She closes her eyes while Moonbyul rests her chin on her shoulder.

“Why do I get the feeling that you’re going to leave your career, your singing? I know you love singing.” Moonbyul held her tight, suddenly feeling guilty. Because after all, she’s part of Solar’s reason.

Solar’s hand then touches Moonbyul’s cheek, “But I’m attached to you more, Byul.” She doesn’t clearly answer Moonbyul’s question, because in her mind she’s contemplating too, but for now she knows this was the right thing to do.

Moonbyul inhaled the girl’s scent, and somehow it made her quivering heart still. She doesn’t say anything because she doesn’t know what to say, really. Instead she just held the girl tightly in her arms, hoping it could tell Solar how thankful she was of what she has done for her.

“I love you too well, am I?” Solar questioned, her hand still on Moonbyul’s face sending warmth like the first crack of sunrise after a long cold night.

“Yes, Yongsun. Too well.” Moonbyul remarked, and then Solar’s hand travelled on her nape to the back of her head, giving her hair a soft caress.

“You’re a keeper, ergo I’m definitely going to end up with you, Byul. And I’m not going to accept if we are not getting a happy ending.”

She heard Moonbyul giggled, “Wow, that’s like a line I could read in a Hallmark card, and likely to hear in a Nicholas Sparks movie.”

“Damn it, Byul! I’m trying to be sweet!” Solar gave Moonbyul’s arm a slap.

“And you made me blush.” Moonbyul said after stealing a kiss from Solar’s red lips like a pomegranate, and it’s not long that the both of them are soon blushing.

As you can tell, they’ve been around each other ever since Solar moved in with Moonbyul, well even though before, but living together is such a fun one. Solar saw how focus Moonbyul can be on her book while she reads and Moonbyul always procrastinating on her studies, and it’s definitely Solar’s fault. And as for Moonbyul, she realizes how Solar takes her time while she’s in the shower, and by that she means really…really…really takes her time.

There’s this one time, Moonbyul was already late on her class that she decided to just barged inside, and she began stripping down her clothes, startling Solar who was busy lathering soap on her body. And Moonbyul showered herself so fast that Solar could only watch, then after that short wash, Moonbyul kissed her full on her lips, then she’s out.

But today was different, it’s the first time where her dad comes to visit her in Moonbyul’s apartment. The condition he made with Moonbyul. Solar groaned so loud when she saw the clock that it’s ten minutes before nine-thirty! Ten minutes before her dad would come knock to that door, and her dad is the most punctual man you could ever meet.

“Byul! Wake up. Dad’s coming in ten minutes!” Solar shook Moonbyul’s sleeping body, aggressively. As soon Moonbyul heard that and with that vigorous shaking, her eyes opened immediately. She sits up on the bed lazily, rubbing her sleepy eyes, and she saw Solar puts on her robe and runs to the sink to wash her face and brush her teeth. Moonbyul’s eyes just stayed on Solar, just looking at her and everything comes into slow motion…all she can see was Solar.

“Go get dress now, Byul!” Solar half yelled seeing the sleepy girl, while rummaging through the dresser. Moonbyul’s staring was put on hold, she puts on her shirt, and then jogs towards the bathroom, leaving the door open.

“Why didn’t you put your phone on alarm?” Moonbyul asked while putting green toothpaste on her yellow toothbrush. Seeing her sleepy face and messy hair on the mirror, she started to brush her teeth. She faced Solar, who is now getting dressed properly in front of the mirror.

“If you’re not all over me last night, I would’ve remembered putting my phone on alarm.” Solar reasoned, combing her hair. She pulled pants on the drawer and tossed it on Moonbyul, who just finished brushing and is now dabbing the towel on her face, “Here, put some pants on.”

Moonbyul caught the clothing in her hand and started to put it on while Solar went to check the living room if it’s clean and she smiled triumphantly that it’s in order, fortunately. Then comes a Moonbyul struggling to zips her pants, she jumps while trying to zip it on, tucking her tummy in so hard but the zipper won’t really go up.

“Can you help me with this?” Moonbyul asked, still trying her best to zip it up. Solar sighed, as she stoops to see the problem in Moonbyul’s pants, while the other girl’s now buttoning her top. Solar struggled at first try, but soon with a little adjustment, finally the zipper went fine.

Then they heard someone cleared his throat, and what a surprise, it was Solar’s dad. His eyes shooting daggers at Moonbyul, and Solar realizes how awkward their position was, she immediately straightened herself, smiling so awkwardly. Moonbyul could feel her blood leaving her body when she gulps down so hard.

“Dad! Welcome!” Solar tried to break the awkwardness and tension between the two, and then she hugged her father that she missed so much, while Moonbyul straightened her posture, fixing her hair and finally buttoning her pants with shaking fingers.

“I didn’t knock because you said I don’t have to.” Mr. Kim hugged Solar back, “But, next time…I will.” He then whispered to her daughter’s ear, causing the girl to blush madly giving her dad a light slap on his back.

And the rest of the day, Moonbyul couldn’t look at Mr. Kim’s eyes directly. DAMN IT, PANTS!!

 

--

Solar just slammed the fridge door harshly, leaving the bottle inside it clinking. It startled Moonbyul for awhile then glares to the mad girl in front of her, but Solar isn’t backing down too. They just got home from a theater concert with Hwasa, and suddenly Solar has been mad at her the moment they’re inside the car before going home.

“What the hell is your problem?!” Moonbyul hissed, and she has this feeling again that she’s going to figure out what had she done to her girlfriend all by herself. She loves Solar, that’s a known fact, that even the security in this building knows that, but this is so frustrating to her.

“Really, Moonbyul? You really don’t know?!” Solar stepped forward, “The thing with the girl? Oh what’s the name again? Ah right, Hani.”

Moonbyul pinched the bridge of her nose, lowering her head. “Yongsun, I just praised her for her acting and that’s it!”

“Look at me, Byul. Look at me in the eye and say to me that you didn’t check her out!”

Moonbyul runs her fingers through her hair, taking a deep breath before answering Solar. She was just appreciating Hani, she’s not even aware that she’s checking her out! She didn’t even touch the girl and they just talked!

“See! You can’t even look at me.” Solar scoffed, cocking her head to the side.

“I’m. Not. Doing. Anything. Yongsun.” Moonbyul had to emphasize that, every single word.

“Oh yeah? But you’re flustered when she said that she can do Wi Arae on you all day. Don’t make me stupid, I totally got that ual innuendo of hers!”

 “She’s just joking around!”

“And she has the guts to do that in front of me?!”

Then the phone on the living room rang, and Moonbyul tried to walk away trying to get that telephone call instead of talking to her girlfriend.

“Don’t answer that, we’re still talking!” Solar yelled, following her girlfriend to the next room. But Moonbyul just ignored her, she too is pissed, and she clearly wouldn’t win this argument. She almost picked up the phone but Solar was fast enough to squeeze herself, blocking her from the ringing phone.

“If you answer that…I’m going to kill you, with that phone.” Solar’s voice was dangerously low.

“Yongsun, stay back. That could be important.” Moonbyul said calmly, holding Yongsun’s shoulder.

“Don’t touch me!” Solar immediately flinched, causing Moonbyul to get her hands away from her fast, “God, I wanna wrap you in yellow linen and embalm you with spices.”

Moonbyul frowned, “Did you just…did you just want to mummify me?”

Solar groaned in frustration, and then she kicks Moonbyul’s shin. The hurt girl held her pained shin, biting her lower lip to keep her from yelling in pain. Solar was looking at her angrily, forehead wrinkling and it’s as if she’s satan who got her monthly period.

“Stop talking, you’re not my favorite person right now!” She shouted. She then pushed Moonbyul away, picking up the annoying ringing telephone. “Yes?! What can I help you?!” She said to the phone, hand on her waist.

“Is this Yongsun? Did I catch the both of you in bad time?”

Solar heard an old voice from the other line and her face immediately turned angelic, and her voice too. She knew this is Grandma Moon she’s speaking, “Ah, grandma. Nope, not a bad time we’re actually getting ready to bed. ” Solar said, in her most calming voice. She heard Moonbyul snorted, she lifted her fist and showed it to her girlfriend and Moonbyul immediately shut up.  “Do you want me to pass the phone to your loving granddaughter?” But by the way Solar said that, her voice hardens.

“Oh great.  No, no, it’s fine if it’s you. I’m just calling to inform the two of you that we’re having a dinner in my house, on Saturday. I just thought some family dinner would be nice and I heard you haven’t given a chance the last time.” Grandma Moon paused, and on the other line Solar remembered that sad night when she thought she would lose Moonbyul forever. “So, see you then my child.”

 

“Is that sister-in-law?” Yuju.

“You crackhole, stop pushing me.” Grandma.

“Unnie! I’m going to pick you up, just to make sure you’re going to make it here!” Yuju.

Solar just had to laugh, her heart filled with joy again. Hearing those words from her girlfriend’s family made her the luckiest girl to walk around here on earth.

“Okay, Yuju, okay. See you too, grandma. I’ll tell Moonbyul that.” Solar said and smiled, banters on the other line is still going on.

“You two take care, okay? Bye, Yongsun. Tell Moonbyul that I love her too.”

 

Solar could hear Grandma Moon’s smile through the phone, “Of course, grandma. You take care, too. Drink your vitamins, okay?”

“I will, I still have to see my great grandchild. So you two better give me that squishy little baby now!” Grandma Moon’s voice full of command and Solar just laughed it out, awkwardly. And with a last goodbye, the line ended. Solar puts the phone gently, turning her head to see a confused Moonbyul sitting on the cushioned chair.

“So?” Moonbyul asked, standing from the chair and walking towards Solar.

“Dinner at your grandma’s place on Saturday.” Solar said, rolling her eyes for she’s still damn mad at her girlfriend. Goodness, she wants to bald that Hani too, how dare her to flirt with her Moonbyul!

Moonbyul felt that her girlfriend is still upset, she then hug Solar and the latter tried to break free from that tight hug and too bad, Moonbyul wasn’t letting her go. “Stop moving, I’m hugging you. And please stop thinking about Hani. My eyes are only for you.”

Solar tried to let go of the hug but her heart immediately melted when Moonbyul said those words, hands soothingly rubbing her lower back and Moonbyul whispering ‘I love you’ to her ear. Damn, Moonbyul knew her too well.

“Only love me.” Solar cutely said, pinching Moonbyul’s side. “Okay?”

“Yes, Yongsun. And I swear I didn’t check her out. Why would I? You’re ier anyway.”

“Smooth talker, Byul.”

But with all those explanations Moonbyul had said just to get away with this argument, all those hugging and kissing she did so that Solar could forget what happened this night and all those sweet words she said just to worship Solar…guess who just sleep on their bedroom floor, with only a duvet and a pillow.

Ha, you can’t get away with a jealous girlfriend, especially if the name’s Kim Yongsun.

 

 --

A/N:

Yeah, some MoonSun fluff right ther for you all!

Love you guys! 

And yes, Grandma Moon :(  I think the next chapter will not be good. Heh

Tune in, lol haha. 

Thank you for commenting, subscribing and upvoting! Muah!