eight

silver spoon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Eight

 

 

+

 

 

Chaerin phone rang when she was at the classroom. Today she started to go to campus again after had a full bed rest for four days. Chaerin peeks at the caller id, Mr. Jang.

She called him back after the class.

“Miss Chaerin.” Mr. Jang picked up.

“Yes?”

“The chauffeur is sent to pick you up.” He said.

“But I brought my car…”

“Will be picked up by one of our man.”

“Is everything okay, Mr. Jang?” Chaerin asked.

“Madam wants to see you.”

“Eomma?”

 

+

 

Its been almost a month she didn’t come to her house, it feels more strange now. And colder.

Mrs. Lee sat on a chair in main living room. When Chaerin arrived, she immediately sat across her.

Mrs. Lee put some documents on the table in front of her.

“What is this?” Chaerin asked.

Mr. Jang who standing beside Chaerin explained, “We were in Bangkok when we found out the news that Kwon enterprise is struggling.”

“What?”

“The company has fraud in their financial report and their stock price is free falling right now, Chaerin.” Mrs. Lee said.

Chaerin feels her heart suddenly got heavy.

“Is it that bad?” she turned to Mr. Jang.

He nodded.

“Does it has something to do with me?” she asked again.

“How can me and your father inherit Ciel to one of Kwon family if they are struggling? They only use us to prevent them from bankruptcy.”

“How Ciel prevent them?”

“Kwon is decrease now, and by having Ciel, they don’t have to be worried about the future, however Ciel is strong company, they will use our stock to help theirs.”

“But it was a fraud, I’m sure its not from the core, its probably caused by the employee or other structure. And if that’s what happens they could amputate it anytime and the problem is solved because Kwon is also strong.”

“If they can solve it by themselves, why are they trying too hard to keep you?” Mrs. Lee said again.

“Keep me?”

“By asking you to moving in with Jiyong.”

“I thought its your agreement with Grandma Kwon?” Chaerin said.

“Mrs. Kwon senior came and suggested it to me and your father, we thought it could be a good idea before we know the real reason behind it.” Mrs. Lee sighed. “Its not that simple, Chaerin, the fact that Kwons hiding this from us proofed that something is not right.”

“I will ask Jiyong, he must be know something about this.” Chaerin said.

“No, you stay here.”

“But i…”

“Don’t go back to that apartment.” Mrs. Lee said. “And I will reconsider this marriage.”

 

Mrs. Lee left her in the living room alone and confuse.

She should be happy because she never want this marriage but strangely the feeling is not there, the only feeling she had in her heart is pain, its like she’s betrayed.

Chaerin turne to Mr. Jang who is still there.

“Mr. Jang…” she said.

“Yes, miss?”

“Is it really that bad?” she asked.

“It’s the matter of trust, miss, Mr. and Mrs. Lee is disappointed because Kwon enterprise never told them about this, yet they know it from the third parties.”

Chaerin sighed.

“And as the in-laws to be, not knowing about this kind of things could make a big impact on image, miss.”

“Then why should they reconsider the marriage?”

“I have no idea about that, miss…”

 

+

 

Several days later, Chaerin walked towards the parking area in her school when she bumped into Jiyong and Youngbae on her way.

“Barbie.” He called her.

She keeps on walking.

Jiyong grabbed her wrist.

“Ya! Lee Chaerin.”

She turned to him. “What?”

“Where were you staying all this time?”

“Oh, you care?” she coldly replied.

Jiyong furrowed his eyebrows.

“Of course you care, you are afraid of losing me now, right?”

Jiyong got confuse, “What the heck you’re talking about? If this is because I hug you during—”

“Its not that, Jiyong.” Chaerin dragged Jiyong away from Youngbae. “My parents say they will reconsidered this marriage. Care to explain why? Because maybe you knew the reason better than me.”

Jiyong gulped.

“Why? Is it hard to say the truth? After deceiving me all this time?”

“Deceiving you?” He asked back.

Chaerin nodded, “By hiding your company condition and suddenly move in with me… for what? To keep me closer so you will not lose me?”

“Chaerin what are you talking about?”

“Tell me the truth, Ji.”

Jiyong shook his head. “Its not like that.”

“What’s next Ji? me so I get pregnant to your child?”

“The …”

“I know this marriage is all about the company, but how can you use Ciel to cover your company struggles?”

“Who said that? We never think that way!”

“Oh really?”

“Its not fair because Ciel also need me as the successor! Don’t be so snob, Chaerin!” he said. “Don’t be such a spoiled doll and go back to the apartment!”

“I will not back to the apartment!”

Jiyong scoffed. “Why? Are you afraid I’m gonna you? I’ll make sure that I won’t even go near you!”

Chaerin paused. “I can’t go back there because somehow living in the apartment make me forget that this marriage is only about business.”

Jiyong didn’t say anything, what she said was right, he was planning everything to keep Chaerin, but strangely it hurts him to see her hurts.

“But don’t worry Kwon Jiyong, I’ll see you at the alter. If that’s what you want.” She said.

Jiyong swore he saw pain in her eyes.

 

+

 

Chaerin stays at her room, which is now feels emptier, simply because there’s not much things left, many of her stuff is already at the apartment.

She open her laptop and started to search about the news, there’s not much she could find on the internet. Seems like Kwon ent. tried their best to hide this from public.

She doesn’t know why but Chaerin spent some nights at her home studying about Kwon enterprise, she made research about the fluctuation of the stock price and analyzing the factors.

“Aiish!! The heck Lee Chaerin! You shouldn’t do this!” she pushed away her laptop.

 

Suddenly Mr. Lee came to her room.

“Appa.” She closed her laptop.

“Lee Chaerin, what are you doing?” he asked.

“W-what? I thought…”

“Dress up because I have someone you need to meet.” He said then left her room.

Chaerin get up with confusedness, she went to her dressing room and grab whatever she saw.

Chaerin walked to the main living room and saw her parents chatting with some people. She gasped when she saw Mr. Dong Sang Wook and Youngbae sitting in one of the couch.

She knows where

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter