twenty five

silver spoon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Twenty five.

 

 

 

Chaerin slips inside the blanket, while Jiyong is already at their bed but still looking at his laptop.

“Oppa, what about we promise starts from now no working in bedroom.” She said.

“Hmm?”

“Leave all the office things in the office, or on your office room downstairs. No works from bed, please~?” she snug into him.

Jiyong put the laptop aside, “Okay.” He said.

“But company is running well, right, oppa?”

Jiyong thinking for a while then he decided to take his laptop again.

“Let me show you this.” He said. “This is Ciel’s.” he show her some charts, Chaerin understands some of them because she learned about this before.

“It’s the performance, this one is the stock movement.” He continues.

“The stock price is rising, wow... You did a great job, oppa.”

“Thanks, and here I got all reports from all departments.” He shows her the reports.

“Great, its so clear and easy to read.” She said.

“And this is Kwon ent.” Jiyong open another folder.

Chaerin study the reports, “I think you should put more attention here,” she said, “is this useful?” she pointed at one point, “If not just eliminate this action, in my opinion its not effective.” Then she explained why its not effective and she also talking about some other aspects in the report.

Jiyong listening to her, she actually know what she’s taking about.

“Barbie…” he said after she done explaining to him about the report.

“Hm?”

“Do you want to work for Kwon?”

 

+

 

Jiyong sat across Chaerin in the big meeting table in his office at Kwon ent.

Today the decided to see Jiyong’s parents to talk about the idea of Chaerin working for Kwon ent. and today Chaerin also prepared some document and presentation to support their ideas.

Not long after Mr. Kwon came along with Mr. Lee, Chaerin’s father.

“Hi, Chaerin, Jiyong.” Mr. Kwon greet them

both of them bow and did the same thing to Mr. Lee.

“Good afternoon, sirs.” She stepped into the presentation place. She never been this nervous before. “Today I’d like to deliver some ideas through presentation I’ve already prepared.” She said. “As we know before that Mr. Kwon Jiyong proposing me, Lee Chaerin as the candidate to be his replacement in the board of director of Kwon enterprise. This judgment is not occur without any deliberation. And here is some considerations,”

Chaerin explains her reasoning in a good flow.

“Why Kwon enterprise when we know I grew up inside Ciel? Mr. Lee Kijin, must know the reason, and that supreme reasoning is the main boundaries for myself to be inside Ciel.” She said “Kwon enterprise is not second choice for myself, proven by having Kwon as my case company while doing individual project at school, I find Kwon fascinated me. I would say Kwon enterprise has attracted my view of a development company.”

And so she continued her presentation for another 30 minutes.

“Chaerin,” Mr. Kwon said, “I would say I was the one who fascinated by your presentation, you delivered it in a very interesting way.”

“Thank you.”

“For me, I’d be happy if you can join Kwon enterprise.” He turned to Mr. Lee. “Mr. Lee?”

He clears his throat. “Well, Chaerin is not having position in Ciel not because she’s not capable, speaking of capability, she probably more than eligible. We all know that Ciel could only run by the man of the family, so, for me, if Kwon entrust this to Chaerin, I will be very proud of her.”

Chaerin never heard those words from his parents, but now she feels like crying hearing it for the first time, she glance at Jiyong, she could tell that he’s satisfy.

“My concern is…” suddenly Mr. Lee continues.

Chaerin hold her breath.

“I’m afraid the two of you become very busy, we need to think of successor here.” He said.

“Grandchildren, of course..” mr. Kwon also said.

“Oh about that…” Jiyong start talking, “this is one of our way to divide wirks so I’ll be able to find time, because honestly, with two giant company in my hands, I find it difficult to have quality time with my family—in this case, my wife—and hopefully with Chaerin helping me, we will have more time together.”

“He was too busy, sir.” Chaerin added. “And with this decision I hope we could work side by side and grow understanding towards each other more, and most importantly, with us sharing works we will be able to be less stress.”

“Okay then, are we reaching the final decision?” mr. Kwon asked.

“I personally agree.” Mr. Lee said.

“I am too.” Mr. Kwon said.

 

+

 

“Congratulation, Sajangnim…” Jiyong raised his glass.

Chaerin smiled, “Thank you, Sajangnim.” She also raised her glass.

They’re having dinner at Paolo’s, that now become their favorite place.

“here, this is a present for you.” He gave her a box.

“I wonder what is it.” She blinks.

Chaerin open the box she saw pretty pen with gold lining and she saw the most romantic writings on it, Mrs. Kwon Jiyong.

“Oh baby…” she sighed.

“You need a good pen, people gonna need your sign.”

“I love it.”

“Oh thought you gonna say I love you.” Jiyong pretended to sigh.

She laughs, “I don’t need to say that, you know it already.”

The waiter brings their food and Paolo himself also come to their table and congratulate her after hearing the good news.

 

+

 

Chaerin already start working for a more than a week now, she get used to the working flow at the office already, but sometimes she still ask some questions to Jiyong regarding a tough decision or unfamiliar matter.

She brought some documents to the dining table where Jiyong is sitting down enjoying her night snack.

“Still working, babe?” Jiyong asked her.

She shortly shakes her head, “No, I just wanna discuss something, look at this.” She show him some documents, “Kwon enterprise is considered an Asian based company but I see we haven’t maximize our selling in some country in Asia, look at this, we have a good selling and many cooperation in Europe and we’re pretty big in Australia, but in Asia…” she show him another documents.

Jiyong go over those documents, “hmmm…”

“So, I’m thinking of increasing amount of cooperation with countries in Asia.”

“Have you think about the market? Have you done some research, because as far as I remember some country in Asia trust the products of western country more than our product.”

“Yes, some countries are like that so I will have different approach for that, but some other probably will choose our product and that countries that I will attract first. My team has done some research and I will have the result tomorrow and if everything goes well I probably have to go to Malaysia and Philippines to have meetings.”

Somehow Jiyong amaze with her, she’s indeed very smart, he also heard from Park Bom who works for both, Ciel and Kwon, that Chaerin is very bright at the office, she could handle some problems quickly and her decisi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter