three

silver spoon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Three

 

 

+

 

 

Chaerin back to the ballroom and find Grandma Kwon.

“Grandma… I’m sorry…” she said.

Grandma Kwon smiled, “Its how he is if we argued, Chaerin, he always left, but he will come to me tonight and apologize, I know it…”

“He will?”

“Jiyong is closer to me than to his parents, I understand him better than anyone, he’s annoyed because everything seems to be in rush, but trust me, Chaerin, we—the elders—has our own reason that you won’t understand yet…”

“But he left now… and what about the party?”

“You’re his fiancée, cover him, if someone asked you where is he, just cover him.” She said.

And that’s what she did all night.

 

+

 

“However I’m a girl who dreaming of falling in love naturally, you know.” Chaerin mumbled at the phonecall with Dara several days later.

“Baby girl, I seriously don’t know what to say… I feel very sorry for you, I know its not fair and I wish you had other option but… we know its impossible.”

“My life is basically meaningless.”

“Don’t say that! You’re saving your company.”

“Nothing else matter than that, right?” Chaerin scoffed. “In my life, everything is valued based on the pricetag, number, money!”

Dara is in Cambodia now, filming a show, “So how’s life after being engaged?”

“Not much different, we met at school like usual.”

“You’re in school now?”

“Yeah…” Chaerin walked in the hallway towards her next classroom.

“Do people at school know you’re engage to Jiyong?”

“Nope.”

“Isn’t it strange that suddenly you marry him?”

“I don’t care.”

“You started sounds like your fiancée” Dara laughs.

“Shut up!”

Suddenly a guy approached Chaerin.

“Sunbae, can we talk?” he asked.

“Dara, I’ll call you later.” She hung up. Chaerin looking at the tall cute guy in front of her. “Who are you?”

“My name is B.I, I’m you junior.” He answered. “Can we talk somewhere?”

“But I have a class.” Chaerin pointed at the classroom she was about to get in.

“Just a second…” he said.

“Well, okay.” She followed B.I to the emergency stairs.

B.I handed something to her, something like expensive scarf.

“What’s this?”

“For you.” He said, “Sunbae, I really like you, I hope you can be my girlfriend or at least go on a date with me.”

“Oh…” having someone confessing to her is not a surprise anymore. “i-uh… I can’t.” she gave the scarf back.

“Do you have a boyfriend?”

Chaerin feel a pound in her chest. I got a fiancée!! She thoughts. That’s actually a good reason to reject those boys, but she couldn’t say it.

“Uh, I just don’t feel like dating now.” She smiled, “I’m sorry.” Se gave him a sweet smile, a Chaerin effect.

B.I scratch his nape, “well…”

“Sorry…” she put a sad face.

Without realizing there’s some pairs of a girl’s eyes looking at her in jealousy.

 

+

 

“Kwon Jiyong!” Chaerin called Jiyong who walked passed her in school hallway.

Jiyong pretended that he didn’t hear.

She pulled his sleeves and drag him to a corner.

“Why did you do that??” Chaerin asked.

“What?”

“Why did you left our…” she put down her voice “…engagement party??”

“Why not?” he asked back.

“Ya!! you got me into a trouble, you know?? That was a strange party because you were missing and I was there awkwardly alone!!”

“Sorry.”

“Really?? you don’t seems to be sorry.”

“Then what you want huh?? I’m begging on my knees here?”

“At least apologize to me properly, I was at our party alone! And I got to lie to almost everyone saying that you have to go for some emergency thing related to work. I don’t even know you’re working or not.”

“Good then.”

“What’s good? You expecting me to lie everytime you bailing out from any occasion?”

“That’s your role as my wife at the future.”

“Why don’t you just hire a secretary?” Chaerin started to get annoyed.

“I would if I can and I’ll make sure my secretary will be much hotter than you.” He tilted his head.

Chaerin scoffed, “Why are you being like this?”

“Like what?”

“Don’t be so ignorant, we have to be one team here. At least I need to know you a bit. I don’t want to be so lost in this relationship.”

“Listen!” Jiyong lowered his voice and banged his fist to the wall beside Chaerin made her startled. “If you think just because we’re engaged then I will do the silly dating things like reporting you about my day, what I am up to, bla bla bla, you just wasting your time, because we’re not dating , Barbie, we’re not even interested to each other so forget it. I will not treat you as my girl and I never ask you to treat me like your boyfriend.”

“Who wants you to treat me like a girlfriend?? Tsk!! You made me cringe. I don’t even like you.”

“I don’t like you too.” He said.

“Great then at least we have something in common, we hate each other!”

“Yeah whatever.” He scoffed then leave.

 

 

+

 

 

Chaerin is doing her assignments and prepared a presentation for her class when she heard knock on her door.

“Come in.” she said.

Pony came with her assistant.

“Pony?” Chaerin surprised, she didn’t remember having schedule to go anywhere today.

“Mr. Jang called, he said you’re gonna have family dinner with the Kwons.” Pony started to prepare her make up tools.

“What?”

Pony smiled, she’s getting used to Chaerin who always surprised to any evets related to her fiancee’s family.

“Let me do the magic.” Pony drag her to the mirror.

 

+

 

Jiyong sat on the table of a luxury restaurant with his grandma, waiting for Chaerin to come. Few minutes later Chaerin came in hurry

She immediately bowed o grandma Kwon.

“I’m sorry that I’m asking you to come here so sudden.” Grandma said.

“No, Grandma, its okay.” Chaerin smiled, she sat across Jiyong.

“Chaerin,” gradma called her. “Jiyong already apologize to me about what happened during your engagement day.”

Chaerin remember the fight she had with Jiyong few days a go at school.

“He apologize to me too.” She said shortly, she could see Jiyong a bit surprised, maybe he thought Chaerin will told grandma that he was rude to her.

“Really? I thought he hasn’t, that's why I brought him here to apologize.” She said.

Chaerin smiled.

“well, since you already here why don’t you eat something first? But unfortunately I need to leave first.” Grandma Kwon said.

Grandma stand up and about to leave.

“Are you leaving us here?’ Jiyong asked.

Grandma Kwon didn't say anything.

“Grandma, I told you we’re not gonna date.” He said again.

“What date? I actually want to talk to you about many things but I feel headache so I need to go home, so just continue talking about whatever while enjoying the dinner

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter